• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Blinck

I'm playing on hard and enjoying the game. The music is cool, the animations are great, the game runs perfectly smooth.

But man, the camera...

Am I missing something? The first boss was a fucking pain in the ass because the camera kept locking into his head when I wanted to attack his legs.
The lock on switch didn't seem to do much either.

Camera really is the thing that I'm struggling with and I'm afraid it might make some cheap deaths..

TGMIII

Any strategies to cutting off left arms?

Sometime I go nuts and just chop people into, literally 600+ pieces. Had a really cool one just now where I parried a guy in the air and I was chopping him and his buddy up literally 600 times.

Maybe its a bit of overkill, but even when I lay off and just try to get the arms I don't think I'm doing it correctly.

Try to cut directly through the part of the arm that is glowing, don't try to remove it from the shoulder. It's also much easier if you're able to use a stealth kill on the enemy to start off.

Maaaan, the Gekkos are kicking my ass.

Try jumping and attacking the head, most of the Gekkos' attacks hit low. If you're still having real difficulty just parry early and close the gap by attacking in the direction of the Gekko, Raiden will do a quick dash and close in.

duffey

I'm running this with next to no problems at 1680x1050 on a Q6600 (2.4ghz) and a 9800GT for anyone curious as to how it performs on older machines. I do turn shadows to low because that seems to affect my framerate the most out of anything other than Zandatsu. Also yes I need to upgrade, I know.

ZeroX03

Banned
Port runs fine for me, but I just ran into a part where I'm supposed to cut open a gate but I don't have any energy left so it doesn't work, and there aren't any enemies around so I can't replenish energy. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

You can still use Blade Mode even if you don't have energy.

mileS

Port is pretty freakin great imo. Here's my specs

intel i5-750 (stock speed)
AMD Radeon HD 5850
4gig RAM

60fps with everything max with the exception of no AA, and blade mode options set to medium. In case people are wondering, I'm usually EXTREMELY bothered by no AA, jaggies will straight up ruin some games for me. That being said, this game looks great without AA, its really hard to tell its off most of the time. If anyone is under 60fps with AMD cards around mine or lower, please try the game without AA.

Really bummed to see some people have a lot of issues with the port. I was worried going in, but I'm extremely happy that everything is smooth for me.

Also... this game is the definition of HYPE. People here did not lie. This type of music usually isn't my cup of tea, but mixed with the gameplay and the action it fits perfectly.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing on hard and enjoying the game. The music is cool, the animations are great, the game runs perfectly smooth.

But man, the camera...

Am I missing something? The first boss was a fucking pain in the ass because the camera kept locking into his head when I wanted to attack his legs.

Camera really is the thing that I'm struggling with and I'm afraid it might make some cheap deaths..

Sad to see nothing has changed

Clawww

But man, the camera...

yeah I'm enoying the game a lot but the camera is also driving me nuts

it was pretty annoying during the blade wolf. I still managed to parry him but I was constantly trying to get the camera to face him. not sure why there wouldn't be some kind of soft-lock against enemies/bosses like that.

I turned up the camera sensitivity so I could manipulate it faster but it's still annoying

I currently have my pc hooked up through my surround sound receiver then to my tv. I have never had trouble with any games until today. The game boots fine in windowed mode but once I set it to full screen I get a black screen with audio only. Anyone having similar issues?

GWX

My rig sucks: Q6600 @2.40GHz, 9800GTX+ 512MB, and at 720p with medium settings (expect for AA, which is off), it runs pretty much locked at 60fps. A minor annoyance is the mouse cursor that keeps appearing in the menus, and I got a couple of crashes too. 1080p is no go, even at the lowest settings: the game runs in slow motion instead of choppy, which is weird. Still, I'm happy with the results: it looks better than the 360 version I played a couple of times over at a friend's house and it runs great. It won't look good on my 1080p monitor, though: thank god for the TV which I sit 10 feet away from :lol

Also, this game is quite hard... I died a bunch of times in that goddamn dog-like cyborg boss. I don't understand the parrying mechanic: sometimes I'm able to pull it off, even if it feels like it's too early to press X, but 90% of the time I just can't and end up getting my ass kicked. Does someone have any tips?

derFeef

Combat question - if the enemies have their blue thing/wireframe - am I supposed to cut them in blade mode - guess I missed something.

Glad to know i'm not alone :p

Not only in combat, but also auto-centering/following while moving. It's the worst!

Miker

Okay, so here's my 1080p resolution problem:

Ld2IH6u.jpg

The image is cut off at the bottom. I have two monitors, a 1080p monitor, and a 1920x1200 monitor. I play games on my 1080p screen.

Revengeance, which is set to 1920x1080, seems to be rendering more 1080 vertical lines for some reason, as you can see by the Steam overlay being cut off in the bottom. I tried disconnecting my second monitor, and I had the same issue.

Clawww

Combat question - if the enemies have their blue thing/wireframe - am I supposed to cut them in blade mode - guess I missed something.

Not only in combat, but also auto-centering/following while moving. It's the worst!

i wonder if that's something moddable lol

EndersAres

Neo Member
I got this up and running alright. I had to dig out a dvi cable out of my computer parts pile in the attic but no big deal. I don't even remember the last game to make me switch out my hdmi cable because of that black bar problem.

kewlmyc

I'm at work and this thread's moving at Sonic the Hedgehog speeds, so I'll just ask...

Does this game play well with Nvidia cards? Any Nvidia users having trouble? Most people posting their cards are AMD users it seems.

epmode

Now that our most beloved Durante removed the 1080p limit, can anyone confirm that the UI smoothly scales up to higher resolutions?

Korezo

When is this garbage getting fixed? Can't play 1080p full screen so I have to set a custom res and degrade quality. So I'm finally playing, reached the second battle phase of Rex and the game decides to crash...

I'm at work and this thread's moving at Sonic the Hedgehog speeds, so I'll just ask...

Does this game play well with Nvidia cards? Any Nvidia users having trouble? Most people posting their cards are AMD users it seems.

It's optimized for Nvidia I believe (has an Nvidia splash logo in bootup).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

The image is cut off at the bottom. I have two monitors, a 1080p monitor, and a 1920x1200 monitor. I play games on my 1080p screen.

Revengeance, which is set to 1920x1080, seems to be rendering more 1080 vertical lines for some reason, as you can see by the Steam overlay being cut off in the bottom. I tried disconnecting my second monitor, and I had the same issue.

I'm just tossing this out there but have you tried making a custom refresh rate? I had some issues with BF3 and it was due to my 95hz OC so I went down to 94. Sounds dumb but give it a shot. Not sure how much it will help given the game runs a 60hz.

DayZ has been stealing too many hours away from real games and these screenshots prove it.

Ugh, I should've pre-loaded this. 1000kB/s come on Steam, ain't nobody got time for this! Gonna be watching YouTube combo vids while I wait.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. But at least now someone will be able to mod it.

Yeah I'm interested in giving the game another shot later down the road after seeing what people have done with mods.(and a steam sale)

but no way and hell was I gonna pay to be there at launch.

Revven

I can use it, but not the slo-mo variant. The gate doesn't open.

I restarted the chapter to advance, but I still think this is a bug.

A codec conversation didn't come up to tell you to backtrack and cut off an enemy's left hand? Because that's what you're supposed to do (but yes, you can and should be able to cut the gate even without being in the slo-mo blade mode, you just need to be close to the lock and line it up perfectly).

ZeroX03

Banned
I can use it, but not the slo-mo variant. The gate doesn't open.

I restarted the chapter to advance, but I still think this is a bug.

Don't need the slo-mo variant to open the gate. Just slice the lock open, vertically. This is after the helicopter section, yes?

Mupod

Just played for a bit, game runs perfectly on my i5 2500k/GTX 580, rock solid 60fps even when mashing as hard as I could during blade mode. 1080p fullscreen.

Only issue is I have a 120hz monitor and would like to unlock the framerate, anyone figure this out yet?

Either way I forgot how much fun this game was. Plus now my only gripes (image quality, blade mode frame drops, and xbox not having all the DLC) are all solved. Can't wait to play the DLC that I patiently waited on so I could have something new in the PC version. Also enjoying my grey fox armor that I never got in the console version because I preordered from future shop.

Miker

I'm just tossing this out there but have you tried making a custom refresh rate? I had some issues with BF3 and it was due to my 95hz OC so I went down to 94. Sounds dumb but give it a shot. Not sure how much it will help given the game runs a 60hz.

I haven't tried that, and I don't know how to on AMD either. Is there any reason it would help, though? It seems like the game at 1080p is actually rendering at 1920x1200 for some reason.

PhaZZe

Banned

Same problem, my image is cut when i try 1920x1080

Top Bottom