• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

I doubted your porting skills Konami and for that I apologize with an offering of 30$. Also this will be a double dip the game is that good, if my opinion means anything anyone I'm mostly looking to play the DLC.

Platinum ported it, and don't apologize. It's still kind of bad, but at least it plays well.

Aramiyo

Banned
Runs perfectly maxed out, 1080p 60fps.

i5-3570k @ 4.4Ghz
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked
8GB RAM

Never played this on console, only Metal Gear game I've never played. So hype.

zainetor

Banned
Hard is kinda kicking my butt, I'm at the LQ-B41 boss fight right now. Well, hard isn't that tough but it's the rank and file Metal Gear things that are giving me trouble. I can parry but sometimes I get caught mid combo. Do I just need to slow down or is there some way to cancel out of it and get the block in before they kick me?

not every attack is parry-cancellable. Find ut wich combos allow you to do that.

I'm using a GTX 570 w/ a 3.3GHz i5 and 2 gigs ram, it looks and plays great at 1080p default settings at a solid 50FPS (not sure why its not 60? but dont really care right now). Feels like a next-gen HD remake.

p4WjIkQ.jpg

So I got an i74700MQ with a GT 750M.

Think I could get 720p and 60fps at times?

According to a Steam forum post:
"Potato PC here.

Radeon HD 3650 512 DDR3, 4 gigs of DDR3 and Intel Pentium E2500 dualcore.

Running on 1280x720, shadows on low, blur disabled because who wants blur, zangeki and zantime on med-high, no AA or texture filtering and its running as good as it can"

Most likely?

Just recorded two random 60fps gameplay vids to a RAMdisk. Really short, no longer than 30 seconds. Just simple tests, so they are kinda sketchy. Still 61440kbps tho.

The game surprisingly behaves very well while while fraps is working in the background, unlike say Dark Souls, which drops like crazy.

Gonna try 120fps next for slo mo stuff.

first enemy encounter

vr mission 2

Valnen

Are you running the game on a monitor or a TV? I had to use RadeonPro to force a 60hz refresh rate on the TV I use, since for some reason a few games pick up the PAL refresh rate and use that.

PC monitor via HDMI. I'm on an Nvidia card. Setting a custom resolution makes the game blurry and the borderless window hack has it's own issues. This game is fucking broken.

"Potato PC here.

Running on 1280x720, shadows on low, blur disabled because who wants blur, zangeki and zantime on med-high, no AA or texture filtering and its running as good as it can"

Most likely?

Holy fucking shiet, that optimization. My Core 2 Duo t9550 and ATI Radeon HD 4670 card has a chance to play it decently at 720p after all lol.

Grief.exe

Any strategies to cutting off left arms?

Sometime I go nuts and just chop people into, literally 600+ pieces. Had a really cool one just now where I parried a guy in the air and I was chopping him and his buddy up literally 600 times.

Maybe its a bit of overkill, but even when I lay off and just try to get the arms I don't think I'm doing it correctly.

Tain

The frequency of this 50hz stuff is bothering me. Is that a common lowest refresh rate (like the Crysis 24hz TV issue)?

Levyne

Banned
Hopefully I don't get that weird 50 fps bug. Based on other impressions my rig should be set otherwise, minus black bars for having 16:10

Clawww

how and where do I access the DLC?

I punched in the konamic code at the title screen but I'm not seeing or getting anything. no Sam or Wolf VR missions are turning up

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wait I'm confused now. I thought Solidus Snake was the one from MG3 and the one who fought in the Vietnam War / Cold War.

Edit: No wait, that's not right either...

- Big Boss (whose original codename was Naked Snake, real name John) is the protagonist of MGS3. Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MGSV Ground Zeroes, and MGSV Phantom Pain. He did fight as an agent of the organization Fox, then Military Without Borders, then Diamond Dogs during the Cold War, presumably culminating in him being head of Foxhound. Big Boss then started a terrorist organization calling themselves Outer Heaven, and later on had a second uprising at Zanzibar. He has an eyepatch on his right eye after a wound from Ocelot.
- Solid Snake (real name David) is a clone of Big Boss born in the early 70s and is the protagonist of Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 (well, half-protagonist alongside Raiden), and Metal Gear Solid 4. He was a member of Foxhound and subsequently a terrorist organization known as Philanthropy. He has no eyepatch but wears the Solid Eye device on his left eye during MGS4.
- Liquid Snake (real name presumably Eli) was Solid Snake's twin, also a clone of Big Boss, and was the main antagonist of Metal Gear Solid and technically makes an appearance in Metal Gear Solid 2. He became a member of Foxhound after Solid left and started a terrorist organization calling themselves the Sons of Big Boss. No eyepatch.
- Solidus Snake (real name George) is the last clone of Big Boss and is actually younger than both Solid and Liquid but appeared older due to even more severe accelerated aging. He is the main antagonist of Metal Gear Solid 2 and made an appearance in
Metal Gear Solid 4
. He was president of the United States at one point and after leaving office started a terrorist organization calling themselves the Sons of Liberty. He has an eyepatch on his left eye after a fight with Raiden.

learn2metalgear

how and where do I access the DLC?

I punched in the konamic code at the title screen but I'm not seeing or getting anything. no Sam or Wolf VR missions are turning up

Use the dpad and do it quickly at the title screen. It works correctly when Raiden says the game's title.

Threi

notag
Runs smoothly for me (solid 60, everything turned up except AA, anything above 2x forces vsync to 30fps)

i3 3220
4GB RAM
650TI 1GB

ViviOggi

I'm playing with a 360 pad, any way to permanently get rid of the mouse cursor in menus? Keeps showing up in the center of the screen, even if I've moved it away previously.

Spaghetti

runs great maxed out even with high zangeki and high zantime on my ancient ass phenom II x4 945

told you guys that those minimum specs were an extremely conservative estimate

is it me or is the fov closer? or am i just going nuts?

"Potato PC here.

Most likely?

Awesome. Gonna be my 1st platinum game. Will wait on a sale though.

Abdozer

Running this maxed with a FX-8320 3.5GHZ, 8GB ram and a MSI 770 2GB at 1080p/60FPS. Had to drop the Zangetsu settings to medium since my FPS takes a hit while cutting shit into a billion pieces.

Awesome game so far.

Valnen

Well this game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned until there's a fix for the 50hz bug that doesn't blur or otherwise fuck up the game.

Schlomo

Port runs fine for me, but I just ran into a part where I'm supposed to cut open a gate but I don't have any energy left so it doesn't work, and there aren't any enemies around so I can't replenish energy. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Top Bottom