• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

LiK

I've played no other Metal Gear game at all, haha.

All I know is Snake is some guy, Otacon calls him a lot, and Raiden is some other guy who is not Snake but you play as him in MGS2 I think. That's it.

Gonna be so lost.

Should be fun.

UnrealEck

It doesn't look like downsampling will really pretty up this game much. I guess someone would have to redo textures for it at a higher resolution for it to be worth it.

While it's nice to finally see the game is available here in Ireland, I'm a bit frustrated that it only went up on our store this afternoon, thereby making the 20% pre-order discount available for a paltry two hours or so (vs. the three weeks everyone else got). A such, I missed out and am disappointed.

i7 4770K @ 4.1GHz
MSI GTX 780 gaming ed.
16GB 1866mhz ram

Everything is maxed out. During gameplay, Even when I go crazy on High Zangeki, my system doesn't drop.

Platinum, I need 120fps. I would really like to record some 120fps vids for everyone here, but it would be a waste of space as of now.

Stitch

Gold Member
When I take a screenshot I always get 2. Is this a problem with the game or Steam?

edit: doesn't happen with other games.

Gbraga

Time to close and go home. I hope the borderless fullscreen fix will work for me if I get 24fps or some stupid bullshit like that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

All I know is Snake is some guy, Otacon calls him a lot, and Raiden is some other guy who is not Snake but you play as him in MGS2 I think. That's it.

Gonna be so lost.

No way dude you'll be fine. Has a fairly self contained story. There's only two returning characters, Raiden and one other. Chronologically it's at the very very end of the series timeline.

Game is pretty simplistic , but honestly I never did any of the crazy combo stuff in Bayonetta or DMC anyway. Ninja Gaiden is the only one where I'd use different weapons and moves.

Good game so far. Can't complain about the story since it uses MGS4 as a foundation so all my complaints would be directed there instead.

There are a healthy amount of moves to be unlocked still. And there are some mechanics that aren't explicitly explained, like dodge offset, evade cancelling, blade mode cancelling, etc.

Edit: whoops. Thought you were a first time player.

Gonna be so lost.

tumblr_mab2unOpSM1qizbpto1_1280.gif

It's running about as well as I'd hoped on the A10 in my laptop. 40-60fps outside of blade mode, with some big dips if I do a crapton of cuts in blade mode. I'm okay with this.

Miker

Metal Gear Rising on Steam Stats:

Current Players 12,101
Peak today 12,205

Not bad, considering it's Thursday afternoon in the States.

Zom

Banned
Well, steam shuts down before finishing the unpacking, I'm unable to finish the process in taskmanager, and because of that, it makes firefox reeeaaaally slow, and I cant even restart or shutdown the pc normally, aaaaaaaaaawesome

DukeBobby

Played for a little bit, just beat
Blade Wolf
. I love how they put one of the hardest boss fights right at the start of the game. One of my favourites, too.

Decent port. Certainly much, much better than the PS3 version (that framerate, ugh).

Zomba13

Weird. I thought preloads had to be on the C: drive (or whatever your main is) It's showing installed to my D: drive (where I have steam installed and all my Steam games). I do have steam folders on C, basically just the default folder layout (and a binding of Isaac folder in steamapps for some reason).

Anyway, runs great for me, Only problem is the mouse pointer showing up in the pause menu (minor annoyance) and the black bars at 1680x1050.

My computer is:
GTX780
i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Everything on max. Not measured FPS but it seems smooth to me. Much, much smoother than the PS3. Not noticed any drops so far.
Using a PS4 pad with the xinput wrapper thing and it plays great.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The demo wen't over 300 iirc, Retail/after the patch locked at 200.

I just did over 5000 without dropping below 58 fps.

Game is really good and runs well with everything maxed, but I'm going to wait for a fullscreen fix before I play too much more.

Carm

I'm playing with a 360 controller and getting appropriate button prompts.

Yea, they started working, very strange, they were stuck in m/kb.

Ok, I've been away from the net a few days, how does the port run on lower end cards? Like I suspect (like shit for a console port for no reason) or suprisingly ok?

Edit: i was hoping to play it on a 460 at around 720p, really. I have a better rig around but I'd like to play it on both.

My system:
AMD Phenom X4 945 3ghz
8gb dd2 (old mb)
460 gtx 1gb

Playing at 1080p, everyone on high except 2X MSAA and motion blur is turned off because mb sucks ass in every game. The only drops from 60 I got were from chopping dudes up, got below 30fps at the end of those and a couple of drops to mid 50's, which I suspect were do to assets loading. Only completed the first mission though, hopefully doesn't get worse.

Vasili2K38

I have i5-4670k at 3.8GHz, 2x GTX 660, 16GB RAM and Windows 7. The game runs flawlessly, 1080p and 60fps with no problems. I think they fixed the camera a bit, and the game looks very good. For now even with some heavy Zangetsu craziness and particle effects the 60fps are steady, in a future if we had some way I would love to try a bit of downsampling.

The port's working well for me, it's even pretty decently optimized. I'm playing on an older laptop instead of my desktop and I'm still getting 60 FPS. I'm impressed, especially since this is a first effort.

Sliding down the clock tower was intense, especially with that music!

Game runs and looks great. 1080P/60FPS with everything maxed. FPS drops a little if I do a little too much Zandatsu. Just beat Mistral on hard with no damage.

I5 2500K @4.3Ghz
8GB RAM
HD 7970
Windows 8.1

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Anyone know what files to erase or what config to modify to remove the 15,000 splash ads that play when you run the game?

Coconut

Banned
I doubted your porting skills Konami and for that I apologize with an offering of 30$. Also this will be a double dip the game is that good, if my opinion means anything anyone I'm mostly looking to play the DLC.

Valnen

Aside from a couple of issues where I needed to restart the game, it seems to be running OK. I can't figure out why the steam overlay resolution is messed up when in game though. That being said, I've never played this before and it is a lot of fun. The combat makes me feel like a badass (when I'm not screwing something up) and the soundtrack is awesome!

Sober

Hard is kinda kicking my butt, I'm at the LQ-B41 boss fight right now. Well, hard isn't that tough but it's the rank and file Metal Gear things that are giving me trouble. I can parry no trouble but sometimes I get caught mid combo. Do I just need to slow down or is there some way to cancel out of it and get the block in before they kick me?

Top Bottom