• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Vally

chapter 4 is happnigg guys

giphy.gif

The butterflies must mean Quiet is the playable character in chapter 3.

I like the way you think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGam..._burkes_mysterious_tweet_hints_of_episode_51/
lol
I can't believe this. No one with any relation to Metal gear can say anything anymore without nbgo types saying "CHAPTER 3???? episode 51????"

Island = African Island
3 = Chapter 3
Butterflies = I can't believe it's not Kingdom of the Flies

stephen-a-smith-first-take-skip-bayless-2.jpg

I did find it weird that The Boss computes Pi wrong though.

Hah! I find it fascinating how little r/neverbegameover references some of the dialogue found within MGSV, given that portion of the fanbase would likely be stimulated by it.

(Venom Snake questions the whereabouts of the third parasite vial)
Venom Snake: There were three. Where's the other?
Skull Face: Very close... to you.

(Kaz's speech, Chapter 1 ending)
We will be stronger than ever. For our peace.

Kindekuma

Banned
Those people on r/NeverBeGameOver are super dedicated to finding any last glimpse of evidence that we'll get Chapter 3.

I have a feeling that Chapter 3: Peace, will be put out when the last nuke is disarmed from a platform. Thus beginning the peaceful nuke-free world.

But that's just me.

Those people on r/NeverBeGameOver are super dedicated to finding any last glimpse of evidence that we'll get Chapter 3.

I have a feeling that Chapter 3: Peace, will be put out when the last nuke is disarmed from a platform. Thus beginning the peaceful nuke-free world.

But that's just me.

Many of us would very much like for that to be true. And there's nothing wrong with wanting more. But some of us have lost it.

0FOfhyy.png

But that's just me.
Yeah this is what I think tbh

hEDclYK.png

Any volunteers for starting r/letitgomyson?

Many of us would very much like for that to be true. And there's nothing wrong with wanting more. But some of us have lost it.

0FOfhyy.png
What the fuck am I looking at

http://youtu.be/Ak17kCS6RLU

lol, holy shit

What the fuck am I looking at

http://youtu.be/Ak17kCS6RLU

Whenever numbers, which may or may not be of any significance to the Metal Gear universe, are made part of a mathematical equation to contort to what it is that the community finds significant, an "answer," is when said community has gone off the deep end.

Some actual news
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=23388
More MGO songz yes, Hopefully "Armstrong" is It has to be this way and not Collective Consciousness.

"These new BGM tracks are themed around major boss fights throughout the Metal Gear series."
So then why is Sins of the Father in?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yell "Dead Cell" is the background music for competitive Metal Gear play.

I truly appreciate their desire for more. But this segment of the fanbase is doing more harm than good by using anything, no matter how vague, said by anyone with a connection to the Metal Gear franchise, past and present, to generate excitement for a portion of the game, which I don't think we should realistically expect to get our hands on, in the near nor distant future.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I mean to say that if we are fans of something (in this case, the game), we should demand that it should meet our standards (whatever they may be) - in general. That's not to say that it didn't for some. It met my standards, and exceeded them in many regards. It was just a general statement that I probably worded poorly.

I'm probably over-thinking it but I don’t really agree with the sentiment.

The way I see it, creators create. We either like what they do and buy into it or we don't. We have the right to complain about it. We have the right to opt out at any time and spend our money elsewhere. What we don’t have is the inalienable right to "demand" creators meet our internalised, individual standards.

I hate to resort to cliché, but it's simply not possible to please all the people all the time given that (as you implied) these individual standards are wildly different from person-to-person. The majority of fans rarely understand or account for the complexities of the creative or technical processes involved in a given industry, as well as fail to account for how the market forces often dictate choices creators make (for better or worse). How, then, can any developer hope to meet such a broad and demanding spectrum of standards, or do we simply accept that all games are stillborn in terms of meeting them (in which case, why would we expect them to...?)? What kind of creative life is that for the creator? Where is the satisfaction for them?

The way I see it, the only standard a creator should need to live up to is their own. If the fans' personal preferences are in sync and remain so, then so much the better. If not, the fans have the right to complain and the right to vote with their wallets. We don't get to demand shit though. XD

Generally speaking, the only time I think we get to actually "demand" anything from a creator is when we've been sold a broken product. I mean genuinely broken, as in "this-shit-is-unplayable-because-none-of-the-buttons-do-anything-and-the-screen-keeps-flashing-up-images-of-a-demented-circus-clown-dismantling-a-pig-with-a-bic-razor-at-sub-1fps" or "putting-the-disc-in-my-PS4-burnt-a-hole-in-the-floor-and-killed-the-neighbour's-cat" broken, not the overused internet version of the word.

Does that make sense? Sorry, I think I went off on one! :D

The way I see it, creators create. We either like what they do and buy into it or we don't. We have the right to complain about it. We have the right to opt out at any time and spend our money elsewhere. What we don’t have is the inalienable right to "demand" creators meet our internalised, individual standards.

I hate to resort to cliché, but it's simply not possible to please all the people all the time given that (as you implied) these individual standards are wildly different from person-to-person. The majority of fans rarely understand or account for the complexities of the creative or technical processes involved in a given industry, as well as fail to account for how the market forces often dictate choices creators make (for better or worse). How, then, can any developer hope to meet such a broad and demanding spectrum of standards, or do we simply accept that all games are stillborn in terms of meeting them (in which case, why would we expect them to...?)? What kind of creative life is that for the creator? Where is the satisfaction for them?

The way I see it, the only standard a creator should need to live up to is their own. If the fans' personal preferences are in sync and remain so, then so much the better. If not, the fans have the right to complain and the right to vote with their wallets. We don't get to demand shit. XD

Generally speaking, the only time I think we get to actually "demand" anything from a creator is when we've been sold a broken product. I mean genuinely broken, as in "this-shit-is-unplayable-because-none-of-the-buttons-do-anything-and-the-screen-keeps-flashing-up-images-of-a-circus-clown-dismantling-a-pig-with-a-bic-razor-at-sub-1fps" or "putting-the-disc-in-my-PS4-burnt-a-hole-in-the-floor-and-killed-the-neighbour's-cat" broken, not the overused internet version of the word.

Yeah, I worded it poorly. That's not what I was getting at. What I was trying to say is that fans should want whatever they're a fan of to be the best it can possibly be.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I worded it poorly. That's not what I was getting at. What I was trying to say is that fans should want whatever they're a fan of to be the best it can possibly be.

Sure, but on that same token we need to be realistic in our expectations and what we consider to actually be “the best it can possibly be”.

Been playing MGS5 quite a bit again since I 100% it. Gotta say, i'm actually really enjoying the FOB mechanics and MGO itself. Definitely my GOTY.

Also, I'm really happy with the amount of support the game is getting. Sure there are some bullshit micro transaction bait like the new weapons but i'm excited to see what Raiden can do on FOB and why the Skulls were there in that one clip.

Also, just completed MGS2 again for like the 1000th time and honestly, Solid Snake is just so damn badass in this game. He has some great lines like:

"you want eternal rest? I've got it right here."

His ending monologue is also fantastic. There are other great scenes too, like his reveal and him breaking off his damn hand cuffs to dive after Ray.

Man, it makes me so sad that character assassinated him in 4. I'll always consider MGS1, 2 and 3 to be the perfect trilogy.

I truly appreciate their desire for more. But this segment of the fanbase is doing more harm than good by using anything, no matter how vague, said by anyone with a connection to the Metal Gear franchise, past and present, to generate excitement for a portion of the game, which I don't think we should realistically expect to get our hands on, in the near nor distant future.

Honestly I haven't been paying much attention to the whole NeverBeGameOver stuff lol, but I can't imagine it doing much good that's for sure. Not sure whether it's detrimental though, from the little I've seen and read I reckon it's more harmless fun than anything.

BadWolf

Been playing MGS5 quite a bit again since I 100% it. Gotta say, i'm actually really enjoying the FOB mechanics and MGO itself. Definitely my GOTY.

Also, I'm really happy with the amount of support the game is getting. Sure there are some bullshit micro transaction bait like the new weapons but i'm excited to see what Raiden can do on FOB and why the Skulls were there in that one clip.

Also, just completed MGS2 again for like the 1000th time and honestly, Solid Snake is just so damn badass in this game. He has some great lines like:

"you want eternal rest? I've got it right here."

His ending monologue is also fantastic. There are other great scenes too, like his reveal and him breaking off his damn hand cuffs to dive after Ray.

Man, it makes me so sad that character assassinated him in 4. I'll always consider MGS1, 2 and 3 to be the perfect trilogy.

Old Snake is best Snake.

valkyre

The way I see it, the only standard a creator should need to live up to is their own. If the fans' personal preferences are in sync and remain so, then so much the better. If not, the fans have the right to complain and the right to vote with their wallets. We don't get to demand shit though. XD

Generally speaking, the only time I think we get to actually "demand" anything from a creator is when we've been sold a broken product. I mean genuinely broken, as in "this-shit-is-unplayable-because-none-of-the-buttons-do-anything-and-the-screen-keeps-flashing-up-images-of-a-demented-circus-clown-dismantling-a-pig-with-a-bic-razor-at-sub-1fps" or "putting-the-disc-in-my-PS4-burnt-a-hole-in-the-floor-and-killed-the-neighbour's-cat" broken, not the overused internet version of the word.

I fully agree with your opinion.

Creators should always be faithful to their vision even if that is directly opposite to what the fans expect.

The notion "but it could have been so much better" is most of the times wrong, because it is clearly a subjective view of a fan who wanted things to happen a different way.

Kojima, right or wrong, was clear from the beginning concerning MGSV. He had a specific game design in mind and he stayed true to that (well mostly, concerning the development hell the game went through in the last 6 months with the Konami feud).

I respect that.

That doesnt mean I agree 100% with his choices, but it is HIS choices. HIS saga. Its not mine, and I should never be the one to dictate to Kojima how I want him to make MGSV, how I envision it.

Was I shocked with some design choices in MGSV? Sure. Do I agree with a lot of said design choices? No.

Perhaps that was the point in a sense. Overall I believe MGSV is getting way more "hate" than it deserves. Even through all the issues and crazy stuff that happened during its development course its a mighty fine product, very polished in almost every sense.

It certainly has flaws (like every MGS game had its flaws), but I see it as a great addition to the series overall.

At the very least Kojima cannot be blamed of milking the franchise in a passive way like most milked franchises do. He makes sure to revolutionize every new iteration with new elements / gameplay and keep things fresh.

The evolution in gameplay from MGS4 / PW to MGSV is absolutely staggering! And I am very disappointed that most people bypass this by simply saying "gameplay is cool" etc etc.

Its not just "cool" it deserves so much more praise than that, the guy literally revolutionized every aspect of MGS gameplay and some insanely complex mechanics were involved. The game has the best buddy system in videogame industry imo, with buddies that are actually useful, smart, never get in your way and always make things enjoyable for you. He added also a ton of toys to play and experiment with, a competent A.I. , weather and time of day mechanics that are affect the gameplay and so much more.

Other devs pale in comparison to such meticulous attention to detail in almost every aspect of their product. This is a labor of love by Kojima and it clearly shows.

IMHO, its quite harsh to say that MGSV is a disappointment overall as a product.

Ryan_MSF

Started playing MGS1 the other night on Vita, hopefully one day we'll have an FF7 situation with trophies with this one day :)

Kindekuma

Banned
Started playing MGS1 the other night on Vita, hopefully one day we'll have an FF7 situation with trophies with this one day :)

MGS1 on the Vita is quite a comfortable experience. I set the L2/R2 bindings to the right analog stick and equipping became super convenient.

Subtilia

Neo Member

What about a full Konami remake complete with Keifer, Microtransactions and subscribe online features like Solid Snake™ Life Insurance Against FoxDie®?

Top Bottom