• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

NoFoX

Looks like my cat prefers the old KojiPro logo

s6ODO2f.jpg

nfoMTCe.jpg

Holdfing

Happy New Year!

Any of you guys buy the new Kojima Productions shirt? I ordered a medium sized shirt, because here in America I tend to wear shirts sized medium. I'm wondering if since it's probably a Japanese shirt, do I need to order a bigger one instead?

I won a Rising shirt from Platinum once, asked for medium, the label said medium, but it was closer to small.

Edit: checked to be sure, the label says large, it's a bit longer than a small, except for the sleeves.

Kindekuma

Banned
Happy New Year!

I won a Rising shirt from Platinum once, asked for medium, the label said medium, but it was closer to small.

Edit: checked to be sure, the label says large, it's a bit longer than a small, except for the sleeves.

I won a Rising shirt from Platinum as well! Did you get it from a Twitter contest asking what your favorite aspect of Rising was?

Veal

Man I really ended up appreciating the tape format in Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain. It's really good radio drama!

Capturing animals is the worst.

Nah, mission tasks are way worse. Animal capture is relatively easy if you shoot and Fulton any animals you see, and lay down the max capture cages every time you go out for a mission. If you do this you'll easily get 70%+ by the time you near finishing and have to go to a guide (which I'd highly recommend for back up,back down)

Holdfing

Nah, mission tasks are way worse. Animal capture is relatively easy if you shoot and Fulton any animals you see, and lay down the max capture cages every time you go out for a mission. If you do this you'll easily get 70%+ by the time you near finishing and have to go to a guide (which I'd highly recommend for back up,back down)

I actually had fun figuring out how to do the mission tasks. Although there are a few that are hard without a guide. And yeah, Back up, back down is a bitch. I probably restarted that mission the most.

Still, fuck that leopard tortoise.

Kindekuma

Banned
I actually had fun figuring out how to do the mission tasks. Although there are a few that are hard without a guide. And yeah, Back up, back down is a bitch. I probably restarted that mission the most.

Still, fuck that leopard tortoise.

I got so many leopard tortoises, I could NOT for the life of me find a Deathstalker, though.

So metal gear gaf besides having games do you also own any merchandise like posters, statues, figures.. ?

If yes, then post it here !

My stuff:
Snake & The Boss from 20th Anniversary Collection and Venom's arm from MGSV Collectors Edition.

David Bowie has passed away. Kojima must be devastated :(
RIP
MGSV is pretty much a Bowie tribute which I'm sure Kojima is happy he did even more now that Bowie's passed.

So metal gear gaf besides having games do you also own any merchandise like posters, statues, figures.. ?

If yes, then post it here !

My stuff:

Snake & The Boss from 20th Anniversary Collection and Venom's arm from MGSV Collectors Edition.
Excuse the garbage picture quality.
Play Arts Kai Venom Snake and Hot Toys Raiden.
Thinking of getting that PAK Kaz since it's pretty cheap.

playXray

I've played through most of the main storyline missions in MGS V but I want to leave the game for a few months while I play some of my other games. I was forced to set up an FOB a couple of weeks ago, but I've not really done anything with it other the initial training mission.

I'm not sure how the FOB stuff works to be honest. Can people attack me even when I'm offline? If so, can I lose cash or resources, and is there a cap to this?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've played through most of the main storyline missions in MGS V but I want to leave the game for a few months while I play some of my other games. I was forced to set up an FOB a couple of weeks ago, but I've not really done anything with it other the initial training mission.

I'm not sure how the FOB stuff works to be honest. Can people attack me even when I'm offline? If so, can I lose cash or resources, and is there a cap to this?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

you can lose resources and soldiers, but not very much if you've only stuck to the one base (command platform). just make sure you set all your high end soldiers to 'direct contract' so they can't be stolen. most people who invade FOBs these days are looking for higher end soldiers and vast resources. your one little small FOB with nothing on it is largely unappealing to most players.

if you're really, really concerned about it. building out the main command platform to 3/4 or 4/4 platforms and raise security to the max and/or develop security items. don't build any additional struts, especially base development.

playXray

you can lose resources and soldiers, but not very much if you've only stuck to the one base (command platform). just make sure you set all your high end soldiers to 'direct contract' so they can't be stolen. most people who invade FOBs these days are looking for higher end soldiers and vast resources. your one little small FOB with nothing on it is largely unappealing to most players.

if you're really, really concerned about it. building out the main command platform to 3/4 or 4/4 platforms and raise security to the max and/or develop security items. don't build any additional struts, especially base development.

OK, thanks for the info :)

have the patches for MGO been meaningful enough to make the game better? what i played of it early on was pretty bad. stealth, for the most part, was a very poor option in most games/scenarios

Rajang

have the patches for MGO been meaningful enough to make the game better? what i played of it early on was pretty bad. stealth, for the most part, was a very poor option in most games/scenarios

It's terrible.

Worst MGO by far. Feel sad for the people who have never experienced the real MGO, this version is an abomination.

It's definitely better.
Whether it's meaningful or not is up to you to decide

It's terrible.

Worst MGO by far. Feel sad for the people who have never experienced the real MGO, this version is an abomination.
I got MGS4 right after MGO was shut down.
Can you briefly tell me what was so good about MGO2? Based on what I've watched it looked good, but thats all i know really.

Kindekuma

Banned
It's definitely better.
Whether it's meaningful or not is up to you to decide

I got MGS4 right after MGO was shut down.
Can you briefly tell me what was so good about MGO2? Based on what I've watched it looked good, but thats all i know really.

MGO2 had fantastic game modes and overall community. Most complaints I see with MGO3 is that it lacks the "soul" of previous MGOs.

Houndi101

Everytime I listen to music from the promotional materials for this game (Nuclear, Not your kind of People, Elegia etc.) I feel the Phantom Pain
Kojima you magnificent bastard I love you

Top Bottom