• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

sexyelder

I feel betrayed...

CZWIktOUsAEwg14.jpg

Loakum

Banned
Don't let Sn4ke see that.

I'm sure Sn4ke won't mind it. I can't speak for him, but I'm sure he feels just as good as the rest of us seeing Kojima happy and free again. I know Kojima's next game will be amazing! :) (not to mention, I still say Kojima will someday collaborate with Naughty Dog on some project. I can feel it!)

Kindekuma

Banned
I had an adventure with MGSV today. So today I installed the 92MB patch, loaded it up, and boom a crash within a minute or two.

"Well strange" I thought. Kept loading it up, boom, another crash. Again, and again, and again. Figured there was something with the game cache, so I verify it again, nothing major stands out. Reinstall the files in the _Redist folder, OK. Still having the issues. Then I run compatibility modes, administrator, etc. Still same issues. Then Brau came to the rescue bringing to light it was something hardware wise. Found out that my GPU was overheating (dust).

THAT simple issue alone drove me nuts all day because I couldn't get the game to run. Dust your rigs, kids. To make it worse I had a giftcard so I got the bonus costumes since why not, and I had to wait 30 minutes for The Boss outfit to develop. So with every crash I was put off from having it fully developed.

I haven't given up on this game, not yet.

I have a question about MGSV but I didn't want to go into the spoiler thread.

I read that you have to complete all main ops and all side ops to unlock the "true" ending. Does that include the [EXTREME], [TOTAL STEALTH], and [SUBSISTENCE] missions?

I have a question about MGSV but I didn't want to go into the spoiler thread.

I read that you have to complete all main ops and all side ops to unlock the "true" ending. Does that include the [EXTREME], [TOTAL STEALTH], and [SUBSISTENCE] missions?

no. you don't have to complete all the side ops. not even close. and you don't have to beat any of the [extreme/etc] missions

How do I unlock it, then? Is there a way to answer that without spoiling too much? Mission 46 is the only main mission left for me to unlock.

just play a few side ops and it will pop for you EDIT: and make sure all the yellow/important side ops are done and listen to the yellow/important tapes

Ryan_MSF

tumblr_ntu3seCynl1skp6koo1_r1_500.gif

Brothers.

This weekend i'm beginning my 157,489th playthrough of the series and after a break i'm super hyped.

Thought i'd come in and say hey to all my MGS-GAF brothers.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Tried playing ps2 version of MGS3 and its really gross. I don't remember it running that badly as a kid.

HD version may have ditched a few easter eggs but it really is so much better.

good thank u for asking

i want to talk about the metal gear solid video games by konami digitial entertainment i hope this is the right place

Prodigal

Banned
As someone who's never played an MGS game, my friend is insisting I shouldnt play Ground Zeroes before I start MGS 5. What do you guys think? Should I just hop in to MGS 5 blind like that?

Shy

As someone who's never played an MGS game, my friend is insisting I shouldnt play Ground Zeroes before I start MGS 5. What do you guys think? Should I just hop in to MGS 5 blind like that?
I agree with your friend, start with ground zeroes.

You only need to do the first (ground zeroes mission) before you move on to V.
Also listen to all the tapes.

Prodigal

Banned
I agree with your friend, start with ground zeroes.

You only need to do the first (ground zeroes mission) before you move on to V.
Also listen to all the tapes.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - my friend is saying NOT to start with ground zeroes.

Lanrutcon

Question: I haven't touched MGSV for ages and I just popped back in...there are miles more research available now, at super high levels. Is it possible to get those with a single FOB?

Chola

Banned
Question: I haven't touched MGSV for ages and I just popped back in...there are miles more research available now, at super high levels. Is it possible to get those with a single FOB?

It will take forever but you don't need any of those lvl 7 weapons. i have 3 FOBs and still couldn't come close to meeting the requirement

MajorTom

Sorry if I wasn't clear - my friend is saying NOT to start with ground zeroes.

Play Ground zeroes.
It's the best part of MGSV tbh
Totally deserved a standalone release.......if only to separate it from the trash that is MGSV:TPP

TPP is great, but disappointing

catbrush

Is there a MGO GAF group on PC/PS4? I'd love to play with some of you.

Lol wow, your friend sounds like a dumbass.

I think I can see where he's coming from though. For one thing, the introduction of TPP serves as a much better tutorial than GZ. The first several hours of TPP are much easier than the entirety of GZ.

Playing the hospital section blind would not lessen the experience, but rather improve it both mechanically and thematically.

Playing GZ immediately after TPP's prologue would make it a more rewarding gameplay experience, since you'll have a basic grasp of the mechanics. Since you have never played a MGS game before,
Paz and Chico
aren't going to have any significance to you.
Playing GZ after the prologue would place you in Venom's shoes, putting the pieces together after his 9 year coma.

Is there a MGO GAF group on PC/PS4? I'd love to play with some of you.
There's a PS4 community. MGO Neogaf I think its called. Not very active though anymore. Maybe that'll change in march. I still play MGO so you can add me if you want.
If you're looking for a decent PS4 community, join the Metal Gear Online Community. It's got like 4000+ members

MGO DLC pricing and Sabotage mode details
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181766

Sweet Jesus, NBGO a hella drug. What I have seen cannot be unseen and I think I'm actually going insane.
Shit it's only getting worse now. At least there was some hope a few months ago, but its pretty pathetic to think so now. Some of these "theories" are the dumbest shit i've ever seen in my life.
I guess it'll finally die when disarmament brings nothing but the cutscene huehuehuehuehue

Top Bottom