• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Embearded

I also want Hayter back as Solid Snake, but they rerecorded his MGS lines for Deja Vu mission and that makes be believe that he is gone for good...

Yep, he was the very first who said the markers on the iDroid map with the DD logo are BUDDIES.

He even said the horse is a buddy etc. Yong fucking nailed it! but all he gets is shit from his haters, which i don't even understand why they hate him so much. Are you mad because he can make a living out of his channel or what? no other MGS youtuber get's so much shit. Really not fair.

This is the first time I hear Yong has detractors, it doesn't even seem possible. The guy has a very calm and professional attitude, I guess you may eventually not find his content compelling, but hating it seems too extreme.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Also, isn't it interesting that Kiefer Sutherland is done with voice work but Akio Otsuka is still going?

My theory is Kiefer Sutherland will voice Big Boss and David Hayter will voice Solid Snake.

Otsuka is talented enough he will voice both.

This is the first time I hear Yong has detractors, it doesn't even seem possible. The guy has a very calm and professional attitude, I guess you may eventually not find his content compelling, but hating it seem too extreme.

Exactly.

JayEH

Also, isn't it interesting that Kiefer Sutherland is done with voice work but Akio Otsuka is still going?

My theory is Kiefer Sutherland will voice Big Boss and David Hayter will voice Solid Snake.

My theory is that he's still going because he's still dubbing over Kiefer Sutherland's lines. Or he's dubbing over Ryan Gosling's lines. #TeamGosling

Loakum

Banned
It's obvious what the Christmas present will be....

jEiMFail.jpg

....but I'm still on #TeamHayter

My theory is that he's still going because he's dubbing over Kiefer Sutherland's lines still.

I agree with both of your sentiments.

I think Hayter will voice Solid Snake by the game's end, but I also think the fact that they are still recording in Japan has to do with the fact that the English recording was the lead recording this time around!

Rajang

I think Kiefer is done becausee he does mocop + VA.

The English version is shot first. After that all the japanese VA's do their work.

It used to be other way around with MGS1,2,3,4, PW.

Embearded

How old do you think that Solid is going to be if he makes an appearance? In 1984 he is too young to be voiced by Hayter, and I think that accelerated aging wasn't obvious until his mid to late 20s, so in 1984 he is still a boy.

Sn4ke_911

How old do you think that Solid is going to be if he makes an appearance? In 1984 he is too young to be voiced by Hayter, and I think that accelerated aging wasn't obvious until his mid to late 20s, so in 1984 he is still a boy.

I think we'll see a kid Solid Snake just like Eli aka Liquid Snake. Then a time jump happens and we see an adult Solid Snake. How old? don't know.

Rajang

In 1984 he would be 12.

JayEH

Accelerated aging happened when he was 42.

Rajang

I think we'll see a kid Solid Snake just like Eli aka Liquid Snake. Then a time jump happens and we see an adult Solid Snake. How old? don't know.

We will see him after the credits. With Big Boss introing the N313 mission through codec. And we see Solid Snake in the distance, with the dawning of the sun in the background and Snake slowly approaching Mother Base. BOOM END CREDITS.

JayEH

We will see him after the credits. With Big Boss introing the N313 mission through codec. And we see Solid Snake in the distance, with the dawning of the sun in the background and Snake slowly approaching Mother Base. BOOM END CREDITS.

No David Hayter necessary then lol.

Sn4ke_911

It'll be weird seeing Eli with Kaz.

Because, you know, what Eli will end up doing shortly before MGS1 :>

The voice actor of Kaz (Robin Atkin Downes) posted a vine where we can hear a kid yell "SHUT UP MILLER" so maybe that was Eli. So you can tell Liquid already starts to hate Kaz.

Or it cuts to gameplay and you have to infiltrate Outer Heaven(the same one you spent building the entire game), fight MG1 bosses, and then fight Big Boss.

Roll Credits.

Or we'll see everything from Big Boss's perspective and fight Solid Snake in an unwinnable boss battle that ends in your defeat.

In 1984 he would be 12.

Time Jump though, believe and even if he was 12 he'd probably look 16 or so due to the accelerated aging.

Loakum

Banned

by having a "years later" segment in the game showing an adult Solid Snake going vs an aged Big Boss (Venom Snake)

JayEH

The voice actor of Kaz (Robin Atkin Downes) posted a vine where we can hear a kid yell "SHUT UP MILLER" so maybe that was Eli.

That wasn't a kid that was the director Kris Zimmerman. It's an inside joke to yell that to him since he has so many lines.

Zomba13

Exactly.

Or Sutherland was used as the facial mocap so had to do his lines first to get the animation data done and the JP "dub" is the secondary here so is being done after all Big Boss facial animations and lines are recorded in the master english? Like, The english is done so they now have to work on "localisation" for the JP market?

Or it could be that Solid Snake is secretly in this and voiced by David Hayter but Solid Snake is grown up Solid Snake from MGS1 time displaced into the 80s where he has to avoid touching his younger self (or Big Boss as they are clones) or else he would collapse in a temporal "crash" resulting in Solid Snake being erased form history and causing a time paradox which leads to Liquid winning in MGS1, MGS2 not happening and MGS4 featuring cyborg Otacon Ninja as he dances with Vamp. But that doesn't happen because David Hayter voices Snake in such a way that he never touches his younger self or Clone Daddy and Big Boss and Solid Snake work together to create Outer Heaven BUT MG1 Solid Snake kills time displaced Solid Snake (which is why Big Boss is alive in MG2). This is of course after 80s Solid Snake grows up by learning from actual Big Boss while time displaced Solid Snake hides in the shadows.

Or David Hayter is telling the truth and isn't in MGS5 and is in fact salty about the whole thing and likes trolling people about it now because they are all fucking crazy and won't believe him or anyone else who tells them the truth.

Either, or.

Embearded

I wouldn't want that... Sounds too rushed in the timeline. I want as much Big Boss as I can get. I want to see every change of his character, every experience that pushes him towards Operation Intrude N313 and the Outer Haven uprising.
I know Kojima could fill a ten days gap in the story with 10 different games and I want those games.. So please no big jumps! Those 9 years are already too much!

Accelerated aging happened when he was 42.

Fox mentions he hasn't aged well in MGS and Snake was 32 by then.

Sn4ke_911

That wasn't a kid that was the director Kris Zimmerman. It's an inside joke to yell that to him since he has so many lines.

Well we don't know that for sure. We'll see.

I want to take him with me on missions. Can't we install a secret shotgun in his walking cane or something?

FUCK KAZ. He betrays Big Boss. :/

Rajang

No David Hayter necessary then lol.

Would you prefer this version then?

MGSV after ending credits.

We hear Big Boss through codec: This is Big Boss... Operation Intrude 313. Infiltrate the enemy's OUTER HEAVEN and destroy the ultimate weapon: Metal Gear!

We see someone swimming to shore. He takes off his diving suit and then we see the face of Solid Snake, beautifully rendered in Fox Engine.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" - David Hayter.

:>

Loakum

Banned
Well we don't know that for sure. We'll see.

FUCK KAZ. He betrays Big Boss. :/

Who didn't see that coming?

What if...the Christmas gift is a code for those that purchased MGSV Ground Zeroes a cutscene, or some other DLC voiced by David Hayter....

"Kept You Waiting, Huh?"

I never liked the idea of David voicing big boss. That would be like him doing the voice of liquid snake too.

Always felt that way too. I think it's childish and idiotic to want David voicing Big Boss. It makes the Solid Snake character that we grew up with and all the iconography attached to it go to waste if there were a bunch of different characters with the same voice, cadence, etc.

JayEH

Well you don't know that for sure. We'll see.

Lol yeah I do. Sean Eyestone said they say that during Kojima Station and he wouldn't be in the booth with another actor. You can even see from other vines he's posted that the only other people that would be there would be the director (and maybe someone else from KojiPro). You can even tell that it's her from the voice. That also didn't sound like a british accent.

CHC

All this David Hayter stuff, I'm legitimately so unsure. MGSV these days, I just don't know what to think. Kojima owes us another MGS2 level surprise again, in terms of flipping the script on us big time.

Sn4ke_911

You talking 'bout him working with Zero in PW?

Yep, he knows already about the two sons but doesn't tell BB.

but Paz is a spying bitch right Kaz you motherfucker!

And? Big Boss is an evil son of a bitch. This game will be about BB's descent into madness.

Well yeah and what makes him so evil? betrayal, The Boss death etc.

Top Bottom