• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What did Tora say that made you doubt a release date? The February 2015 was debunked for sure, but I think that was about it.

Yeah that is true but i don't know, the wording of his posts sounds like they are not ready to shout a release date from the roofs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144402112&postcount=437

but again maaaybe it's so top secret that not even Tora knows about it yet.

Anyway, HYPE!!!

15 hours to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbskLUQZDM

Let us hype, Sn4ku :(
*points the free seat near His own in the hype train*

And i'm absolutely crazy about it!

We HYPE brother, WE HYPE!

We know for sure we'll get some new TPP info in 15 hours and that alone has me hype to hell and back!

Euh the least of your expectations should be DH appearing as Solid Snake on the show. A release date or a new trailer or a Christmas special Snake DLC of some sort. Otherwise, prepare to be disappointed.

I am definitely prepared to be disappointed. I know better than to get hyped up again.

Mr. RHC

mfw no release date

YM0I8yo.jpg

Ok, now this is good, lol.

I am definitely prepared to be disappointed. I know better than to get hyped up again.

If we fail, and hype dies... We lose our chance at an early 2015 release window. But we need more Intel. If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting #TeamBatzi and #TeamA's hypes at risk... See what you can find out first. Kojima has other means of trolling -- not just the one you saw.

image.php

Mr. RHC

If we fail, and hype dies... We lose our chance at an early 2015 release window. But we need more Intel. If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting #TeamBatzi and #TeamA's hypes at risk... See what you can find out first. Kojima has other means of trolling -- not just the one you saw.

image.php

f2XH6L9.gif

image.php

Hahaha. Ok, I'll have a tiny bit of hype, but I won't go charging into the outpost yet. If a little more Intel shows up, I'll join a team. :)

Sn4ke_911

image.php

gip78hyjaj8f.gif

Akiller

image.php

We'll follow our path, no matter where it Will take us.

Anyway, HYPE!!!

15 hours to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbskLUQZDM

We HYPE brother, WE HYPE!

We know for sure we'll get some new TPP info in 15 hours and that alone has me hype to hell and back!

I just want this to happen:
"Today we have special gifts For you but also we received a special one For you, Kojima-san!"
"That's true, a gift from Metaru Gearu Soriddu No NeoGaffu Fansu!"
"EEEEEHHHH NeoGaffu?!Masaka!"

Sn4ke_911

These. The game would've already gone gold if that was the case.

The february rumor got already debunked by ToraShiro (Konami) but a release date announcement on tomorrow's Kojima Station is still possible.

Dawg

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I definitely don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't... need it.

I don't need it..

I don't need it......

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!

spongebobhjq1f.jpg

The february rumor got already debunked by ToraShiro (Konami) but a release date announcement on tomorrow's Kojima Station is still possible.

I wouldn't say he debunked it - more like he just said that there hasn't been any official announcement of the release date as of yet.

The fact that we haven't been given a release date yet is ridiculous. We know it's next year and the game has to be teetering on the edge of done by now; so a release date would indeed make for an excellent Christmas present from Kojima-san!!!!

So here's my stupid release date theory. MGSV is coming in 1984. 9 years after GZ. Well what if MGSV comes out exactly 1 year and 9 days after GZ? Yes, that means it'd be released on a Friday.

teknix

Neo Member
So here's my stupid release date theory. MGSV is coming in 1984. 9 years after GZ. Well what if MGSV comes out exactly 1 year and 9 days after GZ? Yes, that means it'd be released on a Friday.

I couldn't find it on google images. Maybe Hayter had it sent by a fan a while back and held onto it? Then GT just took that one?

I wouldn't say he debunked it - more like he just said that there hasn't been any official announcement of the release date as of yet.

Tora actually said at one point

Wish they hadn't posted a date (especially a wrong date), but here we are.

Especially a wrong date I would say both debunks that date and possibly implies a date is actually already known around the Konami offices. That would be backed up if this is correct:

They have decided on a date then:

"We were just able to speak to Aaron Fowles, Corporate PR Manager for Konami via telephone. He confirmed that although they know the current release date (it was not revealed), both the release dates of Feb 24th and Mar 31st 2015 are incorrect. He reported that he was aware of the listings from multiple retailers and they (Konami) have requested that those retailers remove the dates. Mr. Fowles also stated that the only official listing is sometime in 2015 as reported by Mr. Kojima previously."

http://1080players.com/index.php/pl...t-2015-according-to-gamestop-official-listing

It's just a matter of announcing it
at Christmas.

So I think an announcement is coming, the release date itself is just not gonna be as early as February.

Tora actually said at one point

Especially a wrong date I would say both debunks that date and possibly implies a date is actually already known around the Konami offices. That would be backed up if this is correct:

So I think an announcement is coming, the release date itself is just not gonna be as early as February.

Ah! Well there it is.

It's interesting that they know the release date, but haven't announced it yet.

If Kojima gives it to us as a Christmas present.....

galv5Il.gif

Batzi

Banned
Hayter is either trolling us or... it's happening.

As we know, trolling isn't real so.... as you know... it's happening.

GET FUCKING HYPE!

He is trolling. That's the last thing Kojima wants. He wouldn't allow him to tease his involvement like this on Twitter. Troll it is.

Top Bottom