• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

But who's fault is that? Nothing has been said yet, but people hype themselves up on their own theories and then keep escalating that as if it came from Kojima himself. I expected nothing and got nothing.

Eh, who cares man? It's all in good fun. (For some of us. XD) Yeah, I would have liked a release date, but I laughed my ass off watching drunk Kojima give out gifts to MGS fans while wearing a chicken cap.

Marvel

could never
R4XCPgh.jpg

eHJzoGD.gif

Nzyme32

I watched this man open presents for almost three hours.

I hate Kojima.

Is that literally all that happened? In that case, yeah that would suck a fair bit - particularly if you don't know Japanese.

Eh, who cares man? It's all in good fun. (For some of us. XD) Yeah, I would have liked a release date, but I laughed my ass off watching drunk Kojima give out gifts to MGS fans while wearing a chicken cap.

Well this thread seems to. I think it is good fun, if people aren't so serious. If there is anyone actually angry at Kojima for "lying" or their Christmas being "ruined", that is what I am directing my confusion at.

Dawg

Is that literally all that happened? In that case, yeah that would suck a fair bit - particularly if you don't know Japanese.

Well this thread seems to. I think it is good fun, if people aren't so serious. If there is anyone actually angry at Kojima for "lying" or their Christmas being "ruined", that is what I am directing my confusion at.

Not angry. I think everyone is just thirsty for a proper release date. It's been so long. And yes, he could at least have said right at the beginning of the stream there is no date yet.

WHY WAIT THREE HOURS AND TELL US THAT WAY AT THE END?!

Murkrow

Banned
Not angry. I think everyone is just thirsty for a proper release date. It's been so long. And yes, he could at least have said right at the beginning of the stream there is no date yet.

WHY WAIT THREE HOURS AND TELL US THAT WAY AT THE END?!

We we're cocky. You get it?

I thought the last time anyone went actually on-record about an MGSV release date, they were targeting the end of 2015? Other than folks chasing shadows in trailers, is there any actual substance to an earlier date?

Not that I'm averse to it being out sooner rather than later, but... I think expectations perhaps need a little tempering.

SJRB

Gold Member
I thought the last time anyone went actually on-record about an MGSV release date, they were targeting the end of 2015? Other than folks chasing shadows in trailers, is there any actual substance to an earlier date?

Not that I'm averse to it being out sooner rather than later, but... I think expectations perhaps need a little tempering.

During TGS back in September Kojima said Phantom Pain was "nearing completion".

UrbanRats

So, i missed the Kojima Station, is there a bullet points list or something similar, about they've shown? I don't want to watch 3 hours of nothing.

Holdfing

It's gonna be April.

Gamescom GZ/TPP PC announcement: no release date, but we're working hard.
4 months later: GZ PC out.
Working hard = 4 months.

Boom.

Slowdive

Banned

Haven't heard anything about late 2015, Konami told The Guardian early 2015 iirc. Apparently they've decided on a date so hopefully it's not too far off.

@JunkerHQNet:
Paz's actor also talked about a cool bonus for people who've played Ground Zeroes

@JunkerHQNet:
So "a Christmas message from that person" turned out to be Paz's actor saying please be excited. Is there a more skilled troll alive today?

I do think it's cool that she's recording lines. Can't wait to see what this bonus is.

LowParry

So no major announcement? No announcement of an announcement? MGGAF hype out of control again? Circus? STANDING? ............................................

VsJzLrA.gif

Jingo

Lol, i seriously believe this forum depresses people really hard, hardcore fans with hardcore teories, wild imaginations , kojima has a wild imagination, but some theories right here should come straight out of the maias, anyway, in a few days people will talk about the shirt kojima had with the june release...

Jingo

Im really sorry i cant make threads yet, i would make one to see what happened in everyones life since phantom pain was announced 3 years ago..

Oh well, that was disappointing. Glad I didn't watch it. Merry Christmas MGS-GAF. Hope this hasn't ruined it for you. Back to sleeping off my turkey dinner.

RK9039

@JunkerHQNet:
Paz's actor also talked about a cool bonus for people who've played Ground Zeroes

@JunkerHQNet:
So "a Christmas message from that person" turned out to be Paz's actor saying please be excited. Is there a more skilled troll alive today?

I do think it's cool that she's recording lines. Can't wait to see what this bonus is.

Who is Paz's actor?

Top Bottom