• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

Ploid 3.0

aku08 said:
it would be awesome if they did get input from kojima productions. and if this sells well, this can potentially show other developers that littlebigplanet can be a good way of promoting their products - so we can get more crossover like this.

Star Trek Mind about to explode.gif

Ploid 3.0 said:
OH YES!!! Perfect for Mobile Suit Armorboy 2 3 etc. Part 1 was gritty since it was the beginning and it works being the way it is. Now that the next ones are coming, you'll be going into more high ranked stuff with nicer things. Look at me talking like this. I await the next Armorboys!
Hehe, I'm just as excited as you are. Facility 7 is going to rock.

Plus this will look awesome with the new textures...

lbparmorboy18.jpg
lbparmorboy19.jpg

And a LittleBigPhantasy remake with all the pretty neon colors!

6bo26fm.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This looks great. I haven't touched LBP since i finished the single player campaign, but i will easily buy this.

Linkzg said:
At least you know they will be good levels instead of worrying of Kojima could even design a good LBP level.
There would be too many speech bubbles if that was the case. :lol

And nanomachines.

Just read the news at littlebigworkshop.

* A 5th Sackboy costume…the Gurlokovich Soldier (see above).
* 72 New Stickers
* 12 New Materials
* 10 New Decorations
* 18 New objects
* New background music track
* 3 new interactive music tracks
* New Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
* New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
* New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
* New functioning Searchlight lamp

* 12 new Trophies to unlock
* and best of all.....THE PAINTINATOR and Paint Switch

Can't freaking wait. Hope that video goes public soon.

Cerberus

http://news.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/post/2008/12/Metal-Gear-Solid-hits-LBP-for-the-Holidays--1223!.aspx

LBP and MGS fans alike are in for a treat! If you checked out the PS Blog today you will see all the details on the new Premium Metal Gear Solid® Level and Costume Packs that are hitting the PS Store on December 23rd.

The Metal Gear Solid Premium Costume Pack will come complete with the Solid Snake outfit we revealed at TGS. But in addition you will see favorites like Meryl Silverburgh, Screaming Mantis & Raiden who will each have LBP costume

Each costume is available at $1.99 each or get all 4 costumes for the price of 3 at $5.99.
But it doesn't just stop with costumes, player-creators have the option of getting the....

Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack for $5.99 which fills your Pop-it tool with a ton of MGS-themed “Create” materials, objects and stickers plus a whole lot more.

image.axd

* A 5th Sackboy costume…the Gurlokovich Soldier (see above).
* 72 New Stickers
* 12 New Materials
* 10 New Decorations
* 18 New objects
* and best of all.....THE PAINTINATOR and Paint Switch

image.axd

With the THE PAINTINATOR you’ll be able to splatter anything that comes between you and the end of any level. Shoot paintballs with the R1 button and using the right stick to aim. Paintballs will hit very weak slap. Shoot ‘Brains’ from a safe distances now and progress thru levels much easier. The Paint Switch, so you can attach it to any object and set it to destruct after being splattered with enough paint.

This new Level Pack is very exciting as these new items will open up the kind of levels Creators can make!

Now if you don’t buy it, no worries, you’ll still be able to enjoy the MGS fun! Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. You won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can experience the new features. MGS Level Pack owners will also be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.

Again, we’re very excited to present this MGS Level Pack to you as a taste of how LBP can and will continue to evolve over time! More details on the PS Blog. Be certain we will continue to provide more LBP goodness down the road in 2009.

Have a Merry Holiday and a Happy New Year!

Ploid 3.0

jump_button said:
omg paint guns XD so are Mm make a level to go with it or it just give use the stuff they used

They made 5 levels for us to collect the things from.

* 72 New Stickers
* 12 New Materials
* 10 New Decorations
* 18 New objects

Think of it as an extension to the story mode, but a story that has nothing to do with the collector.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great but it should be free. Not that I'm not going to buy it.

Ploid 3.0

Rez>You said:
Looks great but it should be free. Not that I'm not going to buy it.

image_97x97.jpg

It's new content, and you're dealing with other licensed materials outside of LBP. Anyway you can play the levels and use the items if you don't buy it. To play the levels you have to join a friend that have the levels (you can't keep the stuff), and to use the gun you have to play a level of someone that included the gun in it. It's better than most dlc.

Ploid 3.0 said:
They made 5 levels for us to collect the things from.

* 72 New Stickers
* 12 New Materials
* 10 New Decorations
* 18 New objects

Think of it as an extension to the story mode, but a story that has nothing to do with the collector.

yeah what i was thinking a MGS story i cant think any other way of give get new Trophies and so much new Materials and stuff

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
:eek:

The paint gun works better than I expected...you can shoot any brain, and tweak objects to be destroyed after X number of hits..

I totally didn't expect them to have extensions like this this year. This is very exciting for the longer term.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mets39 said:
Such a shame i can't play LBP (Christmas gift) :(

I kind of envy you. LBP is the only game in ages that awoke the same kind of feelings I had playing certain games on new systems on christmas morning when I was a kid. It is the perfect game for Christmas.

SO AWESOME

came on guys.. support it.. we need more packs like this

If I'm any indication, MM should have a long and healthy revenue tail from DLC with LBP. I'm a total whore for this stuff..game's out less than two months and I've spent around €15 on downloadable stuff already! By next week that'll be more like €25!

I'm very happy to do this, though, if it encourages a long life of new features and MM-devved content such as this.

SolidSnakex said:
It'll be available for any levels once you purchase the content. Alex said that people assumed that this would just be a content pack but he considers it a game changer because it now allows you to have a weapon.
awesome

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The searchlight could allow for some very nice and creative stuff asides from the mgs levels..like dark levels where only your immediate surrounds are illuminated etc. I expect some 'escape the prison camp' style stuff using that too :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ploid 3.0 said:
image_97x97.jpg

It's new content, and you're dealing with other licensed materials outside of LBP. Anyway you can play the levels and use the items if you don't buy it. To play the levels you have to join a friend that have the levels (you can't keep the stuff), and to use the gun you have to play a level of someone that included the gun in it. It's better than most dlc.
Fair point. I'm not strongly opinionated either way.

This pack might be the catalyst that gets me to finally finish my LBP level. :lol

Top Bottom