• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

Donos

Hazaro said:
That's exactly what I thought the second time I watched it.

Split it into 4 or 5 commercials and your work is done.

Try to imagine what would happen when there would be a tv spot in march beginning with "Final Fantasy 7 ...... on Playstation 3" and then there pops in a Sackcloud fighting a Sackphiroth. Serious WTF moment.

>>> LPB sale UP

What is GAFs TOP5 LBP DLC wish List? (Levels/Costumes/Tools)

1. FF7
2. Uncharted
3. Killzone (they already showed "Sackghans" at E3 ... or was is GDC? Maybe a hint for future DLC)
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Shadow of the Colossus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShortBus

Sony,MM and Kojima are pretty good at keeping secrets.
Nobody had any idea any of this was coming ...until today?
I never expected anything like this for LBP...Not even close.

Here,just take the money!

Ploid 3.0

What about a minigame where multiple sackboys shoot at each other while standing on a narrow platform each. Whoever is the last standing wins. The pain seem to push you back a bit. Make it multi leveled and add hazards and it could be a fun vs.

BeeDog

:lol I love how they are making fun of the user-made trophy levels in these videos.

This shit looks too awesome, day 1.

Donos said:
Try to imagine what would happen when there would be a tv spot in march beginning with "Final Fantasy 7 ...... on Playstation 3" and then there pops in a Sackcloud fighting a Sackphiroth. Serious WTF moment.

>>> LPB sale UP

What is GAFs TOP5 LBP DLC wish List? (Levels/Costumes/Tools)

1. FF7
2. Uncharted
3. Killzone (they already showed "Sackghans" at E3 ... or was is GDC? Maybe a hint for future DLC)
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Shadow of the Colossus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, I've been calling them the Helsack.

Uncharted and Shadow of the Colossus DLC would be awesome. I'm not really sure how they'd handle a Drake sackboy though. You've got the half tuck but what I like about Drake is that his character is in his face and body language, not his costume.

A Ratchet costume with Clank attached would be cool too, but Captain Quark would rock though.

Ashour

for some reason I thought it was going to be released this Thursday, and I went rushing to the PSN store only to get disappointed, I hope they release it worldwide next week and not just Japan or I'll be pissed.

anyone has any ideas if these new trophies are all bronze or not?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Best DLC EVAAAAR !!!!11!!1!! :D
It has toooonz of stuff for such a low price... @_@ I need this .... i really do.
And the screaming mantis sackgirl is soooooo cute.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't wanna watch too much of those vids..but I noticed a little meter (with accompanying sound effect) the signals how much more paint something can absorb before it's destroyed. Which is a handy cue.

edit - also worth noting that the paintballs have their own physics impact..so you could use the gun for physics puzzles, not just shooting things. e.g. in the vid it shows raiden shooting something to make it rotate..the thing is electrified, so he wouldn't be able to push it manually to rotate it.

Not watching any more :p

Cant watch the vids while at work but this seems too damn good! Im waiting till Christmas day to play LBP (damn gf wont let me more like ;) ) but i really want to get this DLC.
Also the pic of the MGS level with Ocelot and the troops is fantastic!

Mik2121

Wow, the Paintinator REALLY changes how a lot of stages will play from now on! I gotta love what the Mm guys are doing!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
IGN has a hands-on article here:

LittleBigPlanet Metal Gear Solid Hands-on

Sack Boy meets Solid Snake in the greatest downloadable content yet.

Not a whole lot new in there, but a nice read.

Media Molecule has created five areas using items pulled in from the Metal Gear universe, introducing a bespoke story that neatly runs throughout. It would be cruel of us to spoil the ways that Solid Snake's world has been interwoven into Sackboy's, as discovering them constitutes so much of the charm of playing through the levels. Rest assured though that all the tropes from Konami's series are intact, the finer points of tactical espionage such as sneaking and facing down giant mechs all placed through LittleBigPlanet's distinctive filter, the seemingly incongruous mix working supremely well.

And this is just the first instalment of what's sure to be a steady stream of content, as Alex Evans tells us: "When we first pitched to Phil Harrison three years ago, one of the lines he came up with was that the Blu-ray release is day one of the project rather than the last day of the project, so what was once your end is your beginning. I knew it and I've said it a thousand times since, but now I really know it."

SappYoda

Diablohead said:
That's quite cool DLC, adding a projectile shooting gun is good instead of making one yourself.

Also its a DLC for everyone. Even if you don't buy it, you will be able to play user levels using the objects of the DLC.

Ploid 3.0

You know, this tops MGtouch epicness to me. I was going to suggest the whole thing was about the LBP MGS pack but at the time it we just found out it would have 4 characters instead of just snake (like Motorstorm, and resistance). This is above an beyond the call of duity (the puns happened automatically. No intention).

bjaelke

Those are some lovely costumes!
dk_ said:
bubu

Don't spoil our party here.
15mzmo1.gif

painey

this is phenomenal.. it doesnt even feel like traditional DLC, it feels like a whole new game. That trailer is epic.

Ploid 3.0

gofreak said:
IGN has a hands-on article here:

LittleBigPlanet Metal Gear Solid Hands-on

Sack Boy meets Solid Snake in the greatest downloadable content yet.

And this is just the first instalment of what's sure to be a steady stream of content, as Alex Evans tells us: "When we first pitched to Phil Harrison three years ago, one of the lines he came up with was that the Blu-ray release is day one of the project rather than the last day of the project, so what was once your end is your beginning. I knew it and I've said it a thousand times since, but now I really know it."

Not a whole lot new in there, but a nice read.

Good man Phil, good man.

Ploid 3.0

Diablohead said:
That's quite cool DLC, adding a projectile shooting gun is good instead of making one yourself.

It perfects the community made gun. You can aim it, things can be set to destroy after a certain amount of hits, and it has it's own physics property (not dangerously fast and destructive). They made it better in every way it seems.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
* Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. Now you won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can have tons of fun just PLAYing.
* MGS Level Pack owners will be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.

COMMERCIAL SUICIDE ALL OVER MY FACE

Ploid 3.0

Hazaro said:
COMMERCIAL SUICIDE ALL OVER MY FACE

If you mean that in a bad way, they have no choice if they don't want to alienate the community. Levels will start to split up into people that have the MGS pack and, people who don't. Then when more come out it would get even worse. It would be suicide for them to not allow this. LBP is all about the community.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ploid 3.0 said:
If you mean that in a bad way, they have no choice if they don't want to alienate the community. Levels will start to split up into people that have the MGS pack and, people who don't. Then when more come out it would get even worse. It would be suicide for them to not allow this. LBP is all about the community.
I know that for sure.

Maybe someone in Sony's Department still has a brain.

El-Suave

I wonder if this will add a new Creator Curator (Hideo or something) and the level sub-set on the existing planet or are they going to have a new planet for this and future episodes and franchises.

SappYoda

I vote to change the thead to something like:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Little Big Planet - The game has changed! (DLC)

or

The next Metal Gear is 4 Little Big Planet (DLC)

:D

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I want a Grey Fox sackboy! Ocelot too, I will pay an exorbitant feee for this! GOUGE MEE SONYYY

This.... I will make it rain on MM or Sony if they made it come true.

Oh... and I can't forget about classic snake.

jett

D-Member
Cute trailer, but as a big MGS fan this still doesn't convince me to buy LBP. :p Those prices are seriously jacked though. $12 for some materials and 5 costumes? Actual, complete games have cost me $10 on PSN. :p

jett said:
Cute trailer, but as a big MGS fan this still doesn't convince me to buy LBP. :p Those prices are seriously jacked though. $12 for some materials and 5 costumes? Actual, complete games have cost me $10 on PSN. :p

There are levels and a new power up too. That's a pretty hefty addition if you ask me.

jett said:
that the 2rd one one moan about it being $10 when it $5.99 lol

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
SappYoda said:
I vote to change the thead to something like:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Little Big Planet - The game has changed! (DLC)

or

The next Metal Gear is 4 Little Big Planet (DLC)

:D

Or Little Metal Gear Planet: Sneaking is out and painting is in. (DLC)

Top Bottom