• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Snake Eater 3DS - New Trailer [Update Rumor: Delayed?]

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
weeaboo said:
They're missing two screens.

http://i.imgur.com/hKpAt.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg[IMG]

(Konami sent the screens at this weird resolution. They obviously don't want us to buy the game)[/QUOTE]
:|

I'm going go hit up the PS2 right now. I know that part right before Sokolov had some shite textures but I don't remember them being[I] that[/I] shite.

Those textures are beyond awful. Blurry, grainy, low resolution...the list goes on. Why would they even release these screens willingly? What the hell happened to this game?

I think I should to go to bed. First From Dust, and now this. I've had enough disappointment for one day.

jackdoe

Serenade said:
:|

I'm going go hit up the PS2 right now. I know that part right before Sokolov had some shite textures but I don't remember them being that shite.
It is such a complete downgrade it's unbelievable. This title is pretty much looking like a half-assed port at this point. I mean, what happened to the individual planks on the bridge?

vall03

I just hope these kind of screenshots are just like the ones from DS. They mostly look crap on image or print form but looks good when seen on an actual DS. gah! what the hell are you doing Konami!

weeaboo

vall03 said:
I just hope these kind of screenshots are just like the ones from DS. They mostly look crap on image or print form but looks good when seen on an actual DS. gah! what the hell are you doing Konami!

The game will probably looks great on the 3DS screen but it's sad they didn't use the Naked Sample upgrades

markot

Banned
Wow..... its so awful >_>

I love on the brick wall how there is a nice texture on the corner, next to just an awful one that makes it so obviously awfully terrible....

0070_pq3p.gif

mandiller

weeaboo said:

http://i.imgur.com/hKpAt.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg[IMG]

(Konami sent the screens at this weird resolution. They obviously don't want us to buy the game)[/QUOTE]

Good god, it's hideous. I thought this game was meant to be a looker?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
jackdoe said:
It is such a complete downgrade it's unbelievable. This title is pretty much looking like a half-assed port at this point. I mean, what happened to the individual planks on the bridge?
Ugh, I didn't even notice the planks.

Myansie

I played this at E3 and it didn't look that bad. Although the grass faded in way to late. My main beef was the game controlled like shit. Judging by the bridge screen with the 3DS icon to balance, the controls still haven't been updated to use the gyros to look.

How can those textures be so bad with 128meg of RAM? That's heaps more than the Wii. I don't get it. Is this going to happen to Vita aswell? Are the RAM speeds crap on handhelds? Why? Why? Damn it.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
To be fair to the textures in that one shot, the look like shit in the PS2 version too. It's just that this one is on a higher level of shit in comparison.

The canister textures are totally untouched though, haha.

Colocho

Banned
I remember I was laughed at when I claimed the PS2 version of MGS3 looked better than the 3DS version...

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW BITCHES!?!?!?

ryan-ts

Oh God those look so bad.

Colocho said:
I remember I was laughed at when I claimed the PS2 version of MGS3 looked better than the 3DS version...

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW BITCHES!?!?!?

Not you because the Naked Snake Sample did look better than MGS3 on the PS2. This is just a lazy port.

Alrus

This is hilarious. I can't wait to hear Konami's sale expectation for this just to see how deluded they are. To think I was excited about this game :(

Colocho said:
It was clear to me that the shots from before had to be bullshots, that's why I made that claim.

Yeah right...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Colocho said:
It was clear to me that the shots from before had to be bullshots, that's why I made that claim.
I don't think we ever got full-on bullshots for this game. Besides higher resolution screens, none of them had anti-aliasing or any of the normal stuff you'd see in bullshots.

markot

Banned
Colocho said:
They werent bullshots, it was a demo for something that they scrapped and just decided to port over the ps2 version.... and make it worse.

burgerdog

weeaboo said:

hKpAt.jpg

ZTMwI.jpg

(Konami sent the screens at this weird resolution. They obviously don't want us to buy the game)

This needs to be quoted with pictures every single time, holy fuck, the true definition of ugly.

Colocho said:
The initial reveal shots from the "Naked Sample" weren't from MGS3. It was a custom built demo made to make the 3DS look good. It didn't include real game data, they likely based their polygon and texture budget off of what they were doing with Peace Walker which is why it looked so nice (a game which had super tiny environments compared to MGS3).

StuBurns

Banned
Looks horrid.

I have a question, is it possible to get the naked sample? Just to have a little tech demo of what it could have looked like?

UncleSporky said:
Pretty much exactly like the PS2 version.
Pretty much no.

Effect

Konami must be crazy. Better to cancel this and try again with something else. First there is Resident Evil: Revelations which looks amazing and based on RE:TM will have a good controls scheme, especially compared to what MGS3D is offering. Then it was the MGS HD collection announced along with the poor screen shots of this game in sizes Konami had to know would make the game look even worse.. It seems like Konami themselves don't even care. Why does this thing even still exist?

KarmaCow

markot said:
Wow..... its so awful >_>

I love on the brick wall how there is a nice texture on the corner, next to just an awful one that makes it so obviously awfully terrible....

The mishmash of texture quality makes me
want to
think that the final game will look much better.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
UncleSporky said:
Looked about the same to me, but it was in a cutscene. Do you have screens we can compare with?
I just played the game a couple of minutes ago and can double confirm the brick textures look considerably worse.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
I go out of my way to avoid being a graphics whore but damn, just cancel this thing. Even at native resolution on the 3DS, those textures will remain N64 quality. Horrendous port. I can't believe Kojima would allow this crime be perpetrated against his baby.

Top Bottom