• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Snake Eater 3DS - New Trailer [Update Rumor: Delayed?]

weeaboo

ZTMwI.jpg

fnlKp.jpg

ZFHnW.jpg

JpiDY.jpg

(Bullshot, I know)

And i love my 3DS but please, do not defend this.

lantus

Ehh I don't really see the point in this game, when they're making the HD Collection. Just seems like Konami is trying to cover all their bases, but doing a shitty job at the same time.

lantus

weeaboo said:
http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fnlKp.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZFHnW.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JpiDY.jpg[/IMG
(Bullshot, I know)

And i love my 3DS but please, do not defend this.[/QUOTE]

PS2 version doesn't look miles better, but at least the bricks look like bricks. :P

This is a significant downgrade from the PS2 if we're going by the screens. Why would anyone want to buy this when they can get the PS2 version or the upgraded HD collection? What a slap in the face to 3DS owners.

lantus said:
PS2 version doesn't look miles better, but at least the bricks look like bricks. :p
The crazy thing is if you look at shot where Snake is peeking out behind the cannisters part of the wall on the right has a really nice brick texture on the edge of the wall. WTF happened to the rest of it???

jett

D-Member
Saint Gregory said:
The crazy thing is if you look at shot where Snake is peeking out behind the cannisters part of the wall on the right has a really nice brick texture on the edge of the wall. WTF happened to the rest of it???

The floor texture is hilarious too, you can see the floor chopped up in three different sections, each one worse that the last. Worst use of mipmapping ever.

jett

D-Member
UncleSporky said:
There's some good comparisons, thanks.

Lots of people definitely have rose tinted glasses here.

Totally and completely unrelated, but I fucking loathe thickheaded people unable to admit when they're wrong.

Don't you?

jett said:
The floor texture is hilarious too, you can see the floor chopped up in three different sections, each one worse that the last. Worst use of mipmapping ever.
I'm hoping that someone on the staff just got really drunk the night before they compiled the demo and loaded the wrong textures... that's not what happened though :(

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
Totally and completely unrelated, but I fucking loathe thickheaded people unable to admit when they're wrong.

Don't you?
Dude I told you I was wrong about the Bayo thing, Jesus let it go man.

jett said:

Don't you?
I do. I wish you'd drop the facade and concede. It's like you don't even realize that the screens posted earlier weren't in the actual resolution you'll be seeing it at.

weeaboo

gatotsu911 said:
How can the game look worse running on stronger hardware?

And why won't Konami either revamp or cancel this port?

Capcom will never cancel this game as they did with MML3, they know we love this game

antonz

The game looks like ass because Konami doesnt give a fuck. As for the 3DS/PS2 comparisons they are retarded. They are the exact same screenshots at different resolutions.

Konami doesnt give a fuck and cant even be bothered to give 3DS screenshots

BDGAME

Serenade said:
I like these two shots:
XzDBG.jpg

a88cS.jpg

If I had my way, the game would let you switch between the old models for the original look and those updated models for the current (canon) look.

Pics in the 3DS resolution look a lot better than a popout mess that big screens made it look.

I bet what's going on is that there isn't enough space for all the textures on the 3DS cart so Konami's being forced to compress the bejezus out of them. MGS3 is a long game IIRC.

StuBurns

Banned
UncleSporky said:
I do. I wish you'd drop the facade and concede. It's like you don't even realize that the screens posted earlier weren't in the actual resolution you'll be seeing it at.
The 3DS has a PPI of 133, lots of monitors are higher, my MacBook is 135, very close.

BurntPork

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
I bet what's going on is that there isn't enough space for all the textures on the 3DS cart so Konami's being forced to compress the bejezus out of them. MGS3 is a long game IIRC.
How big was MGS3 PS2?

Boney

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
Didn't somebody said it'll run on a 4GB card?

Serenade said:
nah, it scales to the size of the top screen.
So I want to go browsing on my 3DS?

Is there anyways to resize those pics to 3DS size screen to get an accurate impression of how they may look?

I mean, I saw screen of RE Mercs they are pretty gross, but in person they look great. Could this be a similar situation?

jett

D-Member
StuBurns said:
Dude I told you I was wrong about the Bayo thing, Jesus let it go man.

heh

UncleSporky said:

LOL why don't you tell us again how it looks exactly like the PS2 version.

And it's only going to look worse in the sub-PSP resolution of the 3DS. Just imagine the same ugliness with a bunch more jaggies.

Is that a video of the game running on an emulator? I'm just curious because the video is in 720p. Not that it really matters because the textures are clearly better anyway. The textures on the 3DS version are horrendous.

AndyMoogle said:
Is that a video of the game running on an emulator? I'm just curious because the video is in 720p. Not that it really matters because the textures are clearly better anyway. The textures on the 3DS version are horrendous.
Those pics I posted were from MGS3 running on PCSX2. You can see them plus captures of the other games at this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DeltaForceSFODD#g/p. He has two versions of MGS3 captures, the vids from 2010 are the better quality versions.

KarmaCow

SpaceBridge said:
Is there anyways to resize those pics to 3DS size screen to get an accurate impression of how they may look?

I mean, I saw screen of RE Mercs they are pretty gross, but in person they look great. Could this be a similar situation?

If you're lazy and use Firefox, just use Image Zoom to do a rough approximation.

watershed

Banned
Okay I just checked out this thread on the 3ds browser to see the 3ds screenshots per someone's suggestion above. And it doesn't really work. The image kinda scales to the top screen size but not quite. Of course having the images appear on a tiny screen rather than my laptop screen do make the 3ds shots a little bit better looking. But blurry textures and still blurry textures.

Hopefully Konami will release some mpo shots like they did for that labyrinth game, then we'll be able to judge better.

AndyMoogle said:

Do you mean the one I posted? According to the comments it's played on a PS2 but recorded with a HD-PVR.

Top Bottom