• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We should make up Xbox One slogans that Microsoft would probably used that are similar to the latest ones

ACH1LL3US

Yep saw the system at the Microsoft store in a display case. Guy trying to get me to preorder it since they said it would be sold out quickly.

l6hi.jpg

Awesome TV they have by the way.

l427.jpg

Dat controller.

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

They let me hold the controller, it feels so much better then the 360 controller and just feels really high quality. Also love how the triggers felt and the texture on the sides of the thumbsticks.

What tv were they using?

Dysun

"Play Madden, while watching football, while tracking your fantasy stats, while bragging about kicking ass on Skype!"

Ushae

Banned
Jump Ahead

I like it. And so it begins. Can't wait for these consoles to be in our hands and the games to start rolling out. Bring on next gen!

I posted this in the slogan thread but thought it might be apt here

For those wondering about the 'Beta tested in the future' Ad

I saw it in San Francisco at the corner of Embarcadero and Mission Street on my way to a giants game

I actually live in the south bay area so can't easily check but I swear that's what it said

It was on a building at the intersection of Mission St. & The Embarcadero

Google Maps has a billboard of Ally bank though so don't think it's been updated :(

Not sure if there would be any SF gaffers willing to check?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
They let me hold the controller, it feels so much better then the 360 controller and just feels really high quality. Also love how the triggers felt and the texture on the sides of the thumbsticks.

What tv were they using?

No idea but it was huge. You can judge the size of it using by looking at the kinect I guess. Wish they used arcade sticks instead. Would have been the ultimate arcade machine.

Amir0x

Banned

I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean to the consumer. I genuinely have no idea. I have to imagine it must be obvious and I'm just missing out on the obvious answer, but I really have no clue. Not the first idea.

I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean to the consumer. I genuinely have no idea. I have to imagine it must be obvious and I'm just missing out on the obvious answer, but I really have no clue. Not the first idea.

Honestly I don't see how you could read that and see a benefit as a consumer

What could it possibly mean that would be a boon to it?

Just seems like over hyperbolic marketing jargon like the 'blow your pants off' comment in the resogun thread

Roshin

My only guess is that they're suggesting the Xbone is so amazing, it's like it came from the future.

LilZippa

Yeah that totally reads as you are the future beta tester. I can't think they would have thought that slogan was a good idea.

Alx

totally don't understand the beta testing one. are we sure its not fake?

I don't get it either. Not only is it too easy to interpret it in a negative way (actually I'm not sure there is a positive way), but most people aren't even familiar with the "beta test" concept (even gamers confuse it with a free demo most of the time). It looks like a programmer joke, and a bad one at that.

GodofWine

wait..beta tested in the future is real?? thought that was a gaf made meme...da hells that mean?

They need xzibit talking about putting games on your tv and tv on your games, and tv and games in your xb1, and a tv camera so you can make your own shows while playing games in your kinect..yo.

Alx

If we know the location of the ad, surely someone from the area can go and confirm it, probably with another photograph from a different angle.

If we know the location of the ad, surely someone from the area can go and confirm it, probably with another photograph from a different angle.

That was the whole point of my post above sigh

I posted this in the slogan thread but thought it might be apt here

For those wondering about the 'Beta tested in the future' Ad

I saw it in San Francisco at the corner of Embarcadero and Mission Street on my way to a giants game

I actually live in the south bay area so can't easily check but I swear that's what it said

It was on a building at the intersection of Mission St. & The Embarcadero

Google Maps has a billboard of Ally bank though so don't think it's been updated :(

Not sure if there would be any SF gaffers willing to check?

I swear that is what it said

There is definitely an Xbox One ad there and I've seen it

I want someone else to check though as I only glimpsed it

I knew I should've taken a picture

statham

That was the whole point of my post above sigh

I swear that is what it said

There is indefinitely an Xbox One ad there and I've seen it

I want someone else to check though as I only glimpsed it

I knew I should've taken a picture
its cringe-worthy, Microsoft needs to take it down.

Sorry, I couldn't see your post, for some reason you're on my ignore list. :p

haha yeah I'm rather pro sony although not sure what specifically

Anyways that's the location for it I'm sure but it's like an hours drive in best conditions for me so a SF gaffer would be a better bet

It ends by thanking NeoGaf so not good enough confirmation for me

Was hoping for 3rd party verification

I tried finding more info but it originates from reddit with no other source but I can't find an original ad for it if it was a photoshop

tfur

It means YOU are going to be the beta testers!

Seems appropriate, since they are behind schedule. Someone needs to do it.

Top Bottom