• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

I still have a hard time believing that the US won't be getting a pack in game. They've done it for EVERY other territory, right?

Europe preorders are getting Fifa and Forza 5. I could see them giving the US preorders madden, but my bet is that it's gonna be Ryse.

Heretic

Get on my level

steve-ballmer-o.gif

I don't want to pull a muscle! Let me stretch out first... I'll get there for sure!

The problem with billboards and the reason why they cost less than other forms of advertisement. Because visibility is limited by time of day, type of day and other factors such as road status. Some people will be able to see it while like this photo shows, some people wont.

Since Sony is a FIFA sponsor we've seen Playstation4 ads in europa for months now. Every international soccer game has them. Last time I've seen them in the super cup final. Bayern Munich vs. Chelsea London.(Few days ago)

Sky(Germany) has XboxOne FIFA14 Ads, they show up when they switch between games in their saturday conferences, so every few seconds basically.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4

Vs

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Sony's approach can never lead to any confusion. Even if the logo remains the same. MS is using the Wii U approach when it comes to branding. Same logo, but with a random extension

It's not causing Apple any trouble

iPad
iPad 2
The New iPad
iPad

'Jump Ahead' is cool, nice shoutback to 'Jump In'.

BigDug13

It's not causing Apple any trouble

iPad
iPad 2
The New iPad
iPad

'Jump Ahead' is cool, nice shoutback to 'Jump In'.

It is confusing actually. That last name is not the name of the ipad now. It's "Ipad with Retina" to identify it as the newer one. "the New Ipad" was discontinued with the new model. And it is confusing because the stores will still have both models as "ipad with retina" and you have to determine if it's iPod connector or lightning connector to know which is which.

The problem with billboards and the reason why they cost less than other forms of advertisement. Because visibility is limited by time of day, type of day and other factors such as road status. Some people will be able to see it while like this photo shows, some people wont.

You do know that is a photoshop, right? He was mocking the lighting in Forza 5.

This thread seems like the perfect impetus for someone to make a "best console ads of the ps/360/wii generation" thread. But alas, I am but a junior.

"Jump Ahead" by itself isn't too great but in the context of "Jump in" it's a really great callback. The others posted in here aren't really that great though.

A great callback? They never stopped using it. It's still printed on the boxes of new consoles for 360, you'll see it upon opening it up.

Tobor

Why is it every time I see an Xbox One ad, I want it less and less. I mean, I'll prob buy one when they drop Kinect, or drop the price at least, but I don't know what it is about MS' ads that just put me off.

It's that same font and style they use for everything. They might as well call it Windows Xbox 8.

A great callback? They never stopped using it. It's still printed on the boxes of new consoles for 360, you'll see it upon opening it up.

It's nonetheless calling back to a separate marketing campaign. It's success as a slogan seems to rest almost entirely on people's remembering the 360 slogan, which not everyone will.

Saw this ad in ESPN and Rolling Stone magazines.

FYvGHlal.jpg
This seems like an ad for someone who's already aware of what the One is. I'm curious what casuals get out it - I can easily see them glancing at it and thinking it's just some new app for the Xbox they've already got.

timlot

Banned
This seems like an ad for someone who's already aware of what the One is. I'm curious what casuals get out it - I can easily see them glancing at it and thinking it's just some new app for the Xbox they've already got.

If they were blind maybe. I don't know how you wouldn't notice that device on that page isn't the one you have at home.

If they were blind maybe. I don't know how you wouldn't notice that device on that page isn't the one you have at home.
You could say the same about the 360 that's in the stores now. Also you're assuming that people were paying close attention. Unless prompted to examine it carefully, most people will see what they expect to see.

Top Bottom