• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts UK PR department is pretty clever.

flozuki

Something about a big green banner being more eye-catching than text buried in a page.

Well done, Microsoft.

Well, to get the context of the green banner they somehow have to skip and skim text and since XO is on top of the text dessert... wasted money, should have spent it more wisely since this is basically just a way to get a few wows and ahhs in places like here. Nothing wrong with that but still a waste of money (and opportunities, since they have an exclusive that could use it...but oh well).

Justinh

People still read newspapers?

I buy the Wall Street Journal occasionally on my Kindle, sometimes will buy a month subscription. If I have to go to like an appointment or something I'll stop somewhere early and pick up a paper and get there early to read the paper.

It has been a while, though.

redcrayon

People still read newspapers?
Metro has a huge circulation because it's free on public transport. It's audience also skews towards younger people who are likely to be heading into cities from 7-9am (it's a really light read with little original news content, it's all wire stuff), that's why they do a decent amount of games reviews. They also put out a daily iPad edition too.

Cool concept but horrible execution. Should have had an arrow or design element bringing attention to the left page. As is, at least personally I wouldn't have figured out the connection on my own.

Ads are getting smarter

kjd1rZu.png

And people keep saying South Park is not accurate :p

Top Bottom