• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD |OT| - Bears Go To Battle In HD

Nakiro

Capy, I am having some issues with the online.
I have 2 PS3 systems, I played an online game on one of them. I went to my other location and played one again, but it just said I played once. So it either didn't count my first game for some reason or my online information is stored on the PS3, how would I go about retaining my online Rank at both locations?

see5harp

Cromulent_Word said:
everytime theres something new from Caplin we get thousands of emails linking it :)

have you done all the side quests & bounties & battle puzzlers? wink wink

Of course. Been doing them all as I play. :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
see5harp said:
Man almost 20 hours in and on the 4th chapter. This game is lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng.
Yes it is. Plenty of content here and Im still on the 2nd chapter (which is significantly more difficult than the first chapter IMO). Still love it and have only jumped into one mutliplayer match so far :). I'll be happily playing this for a good while.

Nakiro

Nakiro said:
Capy, I am having some issues with the online.
I have 2 PS3 systems, I played an online game on one of them. I went to my other location and played one again, but it just said I played once. So it either didn't count my first game for some reason or my online information is stored on the PS3, how would I go about retaining my online Rank at both locations?
In addition: I am hearing from people on few sites that it happens to them every single time they start the game.

Now I afraid to turn off the game... lol
Edit: Could it be that the server doesn't save anyone who is rank below 1000 since that's how far the leaderboards go.

Margalis

Banned
From what I've seen, this is more of a spin off of the Heroes of Might & Magic games.

I really have a hard time seeing how it has anything at all to do with any previous M&M game. Not that that's a bad thing, I wouldn't get hung up on the M&M part.

Brakara

So is the last story achievement glitchy on the 360? I finished the main campaign (last boss fight was a bitch, but oh so satisfying when I won), done all side quests (Irollan 11/11, Griffin 13/13, Sheogh 12/12 and Heresh 13/13), got all artififacts (10/10 in each campaign), found all special units, and done all battle puzzles.

So what am I missing since I didn't get the "Hero of Might and Magic" achievement? I even made sure to go through all the other campaigns checking everything before doing the final boss fight.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also found all the special units for all factions.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Brakara said:
So is the last story achievement glitchy on the 360? I finished the main campaign (last boss fight was a bitch, but oh so satisfying when I won), done all side quests (Irollan 11/11, Griffin 13/13, Sheogh 12/12 and Heresh 13/13), got all artififacts (10/10 in each campaign) and done all puzzle battles.

So what am I missing since I didn't get the "Hero of Might and Magic" achievement? I even made sure to go through all the other campaigns checking everything before doing the final boss fight.

Please don't tell me stuff like that. =(

Brakara

worldrevolution said:
Please don't tell me stuff like that. =(

Yeah, I'm normally not an achievement whore, but I was planning to 200/200 this one. Previously, I've only spent time doing that on Trials HD and the first Puzzle Quest, i.e. on games I really love.

So this kinda pisses me off...

The game is really meaty though: I clocked around 39 hours finishing the single player campaign.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah it's not a short game..so I def don't plan on investing that much time in the campaign if the trophy is bugged..

Fodder76

Nakiro said:
In addition: I am hearing from people on few sites that it happens to them every single time they start the game.

Now I afraid to turn off the game... lol
Edit: Could it be that the server doesn't save anyone who is rank below 1000 since that's how far the leaderboards go.

I am having this same issue. Twice I have played multiplayer matches, handed a few poor souls their asses, and ranked up to level 2. Later, I return to the game only to find I'm back down to level 1 with no exp whatsoever.

What say you Cromulent Word?

sleepykyo

Brakara said:
Yeah, I'm normally not an achievement whore, but I was planning to 200/200 this one. Previously, I've only spent time doing that on Trials HD and the first Puzzle Quest, i.e. on games I really love.

So this kinda pisses me off...

The game is really meaty though: I clocked around 39 hours finishing the single player campaign.

No problems with the trophies. Did you check the mission objectives on each section? There should be a message when all of them are done.

Fodder76 said:
I am having this same issue. Twice I have played multiplayer matches, handed a few poor souls their asses, and ranked up to level 2. Later, I return to the game only to find I'm back down to level 1 with no exp whatsoever.

What say you Cromulent Word?
We're working w/ Sony on this. We think we know what's going on, and the fix *should* help. Updates soon.

sleepykyo said:
Don't suppose you have any stats on how often first mover advantage results in a victory for the top 10/top 10%.
We aren't doing much stat tracking, but during testing it had virtually no impact. It's way less of a deal than some people think. Luck of the draw regarding Champions/Elites was the only factor other than skill that lead to victory.

sleepykyo

Cromulent_Word said:
We aren't doing much stat tracking, but during testing it had virtually no impact. It's way less of a deal than some people think. Luck of the draw regarding Champions/Elites was the only factor other than skill that lead to victory.

I'm pretty sure it makes a really big difference. But yeah limited perspective and personal bias and what not.

Oh and just so I'm not always whinning about first mover advantage. Thanks for implementating online presence.

I have tried to get my sis into Puzzle Quest and games of that ilk, because judging by her playstyle she'd like games like that. I never tried them myself though I appreciated the fine gameplay. So I saw the Might and Magic name and that a demo was released and checked GAF for info, remembering the old PC games. I read the thread and felt somewhat disappointed. Read it more and decided to DL the demo and give it a whirl, hey my sis hopefully would like it...

... if she doesn't get this on the PC, she's dead to me. Heck I might buy this on my PS3 this weekend as soon as I factor in some variables and re-read the thread.

a) How long does this game clock in? I like to find every nook and cranny + strategize my battles. We talking 30+ hours here?
b) In the demo I only controlled Anwen, does control shift based on what character the story focuses on?
c) WHAT? Walls can't attack?

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Cantaloup

The Frankman said:
a) How long does this game clock in? I like to find every nook and cranny + strategize my battles. We talking 30+ hours here?

The single player mode will last about 25 hours if you do everything. There is also multiplayer and a quick battle mode.

b) In the demo I only controlled Anwen, does control shift based on what character the story focuses on?

Yes. The story is split into 5 distinct campaigns, each focusing on a different faction. The first campaign is Anwen and the elves. After that you will move on to a different faction with new units and a new hero.

Brakara

sleepykyo said:
No problems with the trophies. Did you check the mission objectives on each section? There should be a message when all of them are done.

Yeah, I have "Quests complete" in all campaigns.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The load times are pretty rough on 360 too. Did you guys just not compress the art at all or something? It seems pretty insane regardless of why.

Game is great fun though.

RpgN

I tried the demo, loved it and got it day 1. But since I haven't played much of Critter Crunch yet, I thought it was best to finish that and other games on my backlog first. But yeah, I'm liking Capy and their games so far. Hopefully we'll see more of them in the future.

Which means, I played Critter Crunch yesterday and continued with an old save. What a lovely game :)

garath

I just finished the first campaign with the elves. A part of me was disappointed that I wasn't able to continue the character that I had spent so much time levelling and hoarding money (it seems pretty pointless to hoard the money now lol). Another part of me is pretty excited to tackle a new character and do it all over again with different units and everything.

Any real reason to revisit the older campaigns (other than to finish the side quests... missed a couple somehow)?

see5harp

I like the fact that you are switching around because every character plays completely different and strategies can change depending on artifact and what level you units are at. In the last section the first battle really makes you think about which units and artifact you go with. I made a save right at the start of Chapter 5 in case an Achievement is actually bugged, but I've already unlocked the Bounty and Challenge Achievements, which both popped in the middle of Chapter 4. Approaching 30 hours now. Kudos Capy.

RustyO

Just finished the demo on XBLA... seems like fun, but I think I need to home my tactics a bit first. Might pick it up on PSN when that gets back up.

Only complaints off the demo were slow loading times and a bit too short for my liking (felt like I barely got out of the tutorial stage)

But yeah, think I may grab it.

bubnbob

Banned
Is there any character that you can hit Level 5 across the board -without- grinding mindlessly in random battles? Nothing more fun than chiseling away with 200xp fights

This wouldnt be an issue with DS ver, but the load times add unnecessary time

I would love a retry option for battles though. Nothing more annoying than losing + loading + map + loading again. Is puzzle battles can have the option then I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

The Frankman said:
I have tried to get my sis into Puzzle Quest and games of that ilk, because judging by her playstyle she'd like games like that. I never tried them myself though I appreciated the fine gameplay. So I saw the Might and Magic name and that a demo was released and checked GAF for info, remembering the old PC games. I read the thread and felt somewhat disappointed. Read it more and decided to DL the demo and give it a whirl, hey my sis hopefully would like it...

... if she doesn't get this on the PC, she's dead to me. Heck I might buy this on my PS3 this weekend as soon as I factor in some variables and re-read the thread.

c) WHAT? Walls can't attack?

Rare Frankman gaming side appearance!

You're looking at a 20-25 hour game here. 4-5 hours per character with 5 characters. At least if the final 3 chapters are the same length as the first 2. Through the first 2 my game-clock is at 10:00 exactly while doing everything possible.

There's multiplayer too. I had a hard time finding a game though.

Brakara

ProtoCents said:
There's multiplayer too. I had a hard time finding a game though.

Just host yourself, and someone will eventually play with you. I did that yesterday for 3-4 games, and the longest wait was maybe a minute.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
OneMoreQuestion said:
I would love a retry option for battles though. Nothing more annoying than losing + loading + map + loading again. Is puzzle battles can have the option then I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I love how there is a full load time just to bring up the game over screen with 2 menu options.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Cromulent_Word said:
This is my biggest long term worry. I feel like luck of the draw in terms of high level units ultimately sways the battle.

Thanks for all the love, comments, critiques, questions, issue reports, complaints, more love, etc.

We're gonna do our best to support the game as much as possible.

sleepykyo

SapientWolf said:
Would it be possible to have the option of mirror matches? Most puzzle games do this for competitive multilayer.
Huh? It is possible to use the same character . Same draws would be out due to build differences.

The Frankman said:
Rolling%20Stones.jpg
i believe nothing you could have posted would have been more epic than red squirrel high five

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Cromulent_Word said:
Thanks for all the love, comments, critiques, questions, issue reports, complaints, more love, etc.

We're gonna do our best to support the game as much as possible.

We'd love to support your game on steam and on the the mobile app stores. I know I know "no comment," but I sooo wish I could have made a nice $15 steam purchase today. :p

Crispy

Anyone else having/had trouble with the battlepuzzles on the second chapter? I can't finish any of them. Maybe I'm missing some strategies or am I just really crap on puzzles? I thought the Ice-pillar puzzles on Alundra were hard...but this...?

I wish there were some help pages in the game for the 'advanced' strategy's like linking and fusing to help freshen my memory from the first times they were explained.

Also I've been timing some load times on my PS3-slim and the longest are around 8 seconds. Pretty long, but not like some other reports indicate.

EDIT: Heh, just got all of them, I didn't realize putting three units behind an elite unit would get you two extra moves.

surly

Banned
Brakara said:
So is the last story achievement glitchy on the 360? I finished the main campaign (last boss fight was a bitch, but oh so satisfying when I won), done all side quests (Irollan 11/11, Griffin 13/13, Sheogh 12/12 and Heresh 13/13), got all artififacts (10/10 in each campaign), found all special units, and done all battle puzzles.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also found all the special units for all factions.
I just completed it and it worked for me. Are you sure you haven't missed something?

I played some 2 vs. 2 online earlier, but it was bloody painful! The guy on my side either didn't have a clue what he was doing, or he was deliberately making dumb moves on purpose. He was taking 2-3 minutes to make his moves too. It was so frustrating. We were we getting hammered, then the guy on my side quit the game and up popped the achievement for winning a co-op game. lol.

It took me 33 hours to finish the single player, including maxing out all characters and units, finding all the artifacts and completing all of the side quests and puzzles. I did take my time with it though and I did quite a few random battles just cos I was enjoying the gameplay. It's the best £8 I've spent on XBLA. Aside from my frustrating 2 vs. 2 match, I've been enjoying the online too.

I've there's ever a sequel to this on the 360, I'd like to see some more puzzles outside of the actual battles.

see5harp

Got everything except the all artifacts and online level 10 trophies. It's seriously took about 28 hours to get mostly everything done. Brilliant game!

Brakara

surly said:
I just completed it and it worked for me. Are you sure you haven't missed something?

I'm of course not 100% sure, but I just can't imagine what I may have missed since I pretty much did everything.

Just finished it. Wasn't keen on the last race/campaign though. The battles felt tediously over long here and the last boss/certain challenges were a bit tough.

But overall, great game and it was a lengthy campaign to boot as I tried to complete max out as much as I could be bothered to. Took me almost 40 hours actually, I think I read on the demo at the end something about 15hrs game length. I think that was selling the game quite a bit short TBH.

see5harp

Just a hit to people trying to find all of the artifacts. There's 3 on the last campaign after you beat the game. Aside from that, I had no issues getting the achievements.

Top Bottom