• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo is back, gets $12 million for new venture, recruiting 13 year old boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certifiable proof that God does not exist.

I guess we'll see if he's more serious about either touring the country with a bunch of teenage boys or interested in taking the money and fleeing the country. Would love to think he'd be more interested in the money. Please be interested in the money.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember when he started a "scholarship" for white men and scammed right wing reddit out of thousands of dollars in donations. I take it this is the same thing on a grander scale. lol

I don't know, i just don't. I feel like being a liberal and actually putting that ideaology into practice means taking the bad along with the good. I feel like you should be allowed to say whatever you want and society will react how it sees fit.

So from my viewpoint, I see people like Milo getting stronger as a result of those who want him completely silenced and banned from speaking in any kind of public forum.

Maybe "let it be" is the wrong approach? I dunno, I'm conflicted when it comes to this topic. I have a little brother who fell into the alt-right trap and a lot of the reasons he gives me are along the lines of "they can't tell me how to think" etc etc. Its scary, because I see this kid posting crazy shit on a daily basis and I see him losing friends one after the other and every time one of these national stories about a Milo or Coulter being uninvited or whatever just seems to push him even more over the edge.

I dunno gaf, I dunno.

I mean that's basically how America works. Unfortunately it works in favor of Milo and his ilk to the detriment of minorities because vast majority of moderate America doesn't care as long as they don't feel it's directed towards them.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
The provacation rings completely hollow after his "apologies." It's too late to milk the pedo bit for whatever value that has.

benjipwns

Banned
His Facebook page is teasing a "Cinco de Milo" announcement. I wonder if this is it or if it's something else.

lLlR12m.png

I think it is something berkeley related
He is starting a "Free Speech Week/Month" there but his Facebook announcement for that said he's doing something else for Don't Thinko de Mayo:
Milo said:
In light of recent controversies, I am planning a huge multi-day event called MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK in Berkeley later this year. We will hold talks and rallies and throw massive parties, all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment. All will be welcome, regardless of political affiliation.

Free speech has never been more under threat in America — especially at the supposed home of the free speech movement. I will bring activists, writers, artists, politicians, YouTubers, veterans and drag queens from across the ideological spectrum to lecture, march, and party.

MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK will include events on the UC Berkeley campus. We will stand united against the ”progressive" Left. We will loudly reject the venomous hectoring and moral hypocrisy of social justice warriors. Free speech belongs to everyone — not just the spoilt brats of the academy.

During MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize — the Mario Savio Award — to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.

If UC Berkeley does not actively assist us in the planning and execution of this event, we will extend festivities to an entire month. We will establish a tent city on Sproul Plaza protesting the university's total dereliction of its duty and encourage students at other universities to follow suit.

I intend to return Berkeley to its rightful place as the home of free speech — whether university administrators and violent far-left antifa thugs like it or not.

– MILO
P.S., I will be releasing further details of my grand comeback tour in the coming few weeks, including information about a special CINCO DE MILO event on 5/5

It's all good. I think you may have misinterpreted a little bit of why I was asking though. Yes, I was thinking ideally that rational thought/argumentation would work, but I suppose we wouldn't be here if it was then eh lol. Im not saying that the Alt-right exists because there is no one countering/arguing them or making their points clear. I was purely asking to see if what has been debated/aruged so on and so forth has been effective or not. But clearly from what you did present, it is not effective. So other solutions must be put forth in dealing with them/him etc. Just to make sure you understand that distinction.

Yes I apologize for misinterpreting you. My solution as it's always been, as continues to get criticized as anti-free speech, is silencing it. Fox News is propaganda. TV distributors shouldn't broadcast it as an option. Anti-vaxxers shouldn't be paid & invited opposite scientists and actual doctors and treated like both have some equal weight. After Duck Dynasty guy talks about the gay scourge or the Dugger family reveals that it's protected their molesting son and used religion to emotionally abuse his victims, his sisters, these shows should be off the air the next day. They don't need to get paid. Instead of treating LGBTQ+ and sex ed content like it's dangerous, YouTube should actually come down hard on people who spread hatred, racism and misinformation. Dangerous rhetoric continues to be given a platform, their creators and spreaders get paid and become celebrities and it should be instantly intolerable as a society. I'm not saying government oversight. No these people shouldn't be arrested and jailed. No they shouldn't be executed. But if you want to write or create videos about how gay people are eating sandwiches made of aborted fetuses or how black people are collectively summoning Baal to kill all cops, you have to search high and low for someone to carry you. It should be a struggle. Your only option for getting out there is to be hosted on third world servers or to print it out at home and hand it out like flyers on the street (which I think people should take and throw away instantly). As a society, we talk about heroes like MLK and create documentaries about slavery and the holocaust and then later pay authors to publish books about how the Jews are the illuminati or invite on "experts" that talk about how BLM is the equivalent to the KKK. When society is so discordant and our media so unconscious and warped, it's no wonder people continue to vote for literal KKK members or deny science or protest for the sake of the Nazi or Confederate flag as though they have some equal weight to other "opinions" or "stances". When people are fed it, they devour it. We, from citizens, to content creators, publishers, networks, etc. need to stop providing the food so readily.

It's not a witch hunt if people hold you accountable for what you actually believe.

Not only that, but I think we need to stop legitimizing some of this shit as a "political view." Advocating for groups to lose rights isn't a political view. It's bigotry. Bigotry isn't a political view. It's hate. That it's organized doesn't make it politics.

It's not going to be hard now to tear his credibility down. I don't see why any organization will give him the time of day especially now since he is grooming young boys.

His views are not political they are hateful for the sake of being hateful. There will always be people like Milo and there will always be hands to catch.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So his business model is to travel and stir up controversy? I don't see how this can be self-sustaining long-term. Of course, this is provided the news media does not give him attention & headlines. They wouldn't give a troll coverage for views, right?

Astral Dog

So his business model is to travel and stir up controversy? I don't see how this can be self-sustaining long-term. Of course, this is provided the news media does not give him attention & headlines. They wouldn't give a troll coverage for views, right?
He just got a 12 million dollar deal apparently 😣

Vamphuntr

This is what happens when you try to silence someone you don't agree with instead of letting them spew their bullshit and letting the cards fall where they may.

The Right is the counter culture right now. Its crazy as fuck we got to this point, but here we are.

Letting the cards fall and using logic and facts in an argument only work on people receptive to logic and facts. It works in an academic debate and not with the kind of audience he has. His audience is basically sad, miserable and unhappy people that take comfort in attacking and making the life of other people as miserable as them. They don't respond to logic and facts, they only want to have someone famous repeats loudly what they think.

The more we normalize that kind of hatred as politics and alt-right the worse it will get. Most people can no longer think for themselves in the era of social media. If tons of people think what Milo says make sense, others will automatically follow suit like sheeps.

LordDash

Banned
During MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize — the Mario Savio Award — to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.

So Islam, BLM and feminism are considered enemies of free speech? Wow.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
what is milo's visa situation?

is there a visa for gadabout agitators harrassing women for the lulz?

what is milo's visa situation?

is there a visa for gadabout agitators harrassing women for the lulz?
I'm going to laugh my ass of if he gets kicked out because he doesn't have the correct media visa after establishing his little outlet.

Also, why the fuck are all these British assholes flocking to the US. Work done with Brexit, time to fuck over the next country or something?

Platy

This is what happens when you try to silence someone you don't agree with instead of letting them spew their bullshit and letting the cards fall where they may.

The Right is the counter culture right now. Its crazy as fuck we got to this point, but here we are.

I rather it be counter culture than main culture =P

linkboy

I'm going to laugh my ass of if he gets kicked out because he doesn't have the correct media visa after establishing his little outlet.

Also, why the fuck are all these British assholes flocking to the US. Work done with Brexit, time to fuck over the next country or something?

Pretty much, it's all about pushing their stupid ass agenda.

Milo's supposedly been in the US for quite awhile because he's hated the UK as some leftist cancer. I have a family member who posts a lot of his shit to Facebook so when Brexit passed he posted a picture smoking a cigar and saying congrats Britain and that he might actually come to visit again. It's a bit different from say Farage who I think is just staying away from Britain because he knows there's a lot of people who really hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom