• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo is back, gets $12 million for new venture, recruiting 13 year old boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

"This generation that's coming up, it's about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I'm going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo."

That may be a poor choice of words all things considered.

Nope. If you've not been paying him much attention, this has always been in his goals of things to rock to turn the world upside down. He lost money from being outed, but he hasn't faced charges.
He's free and clean to double down on his plan. He wants to be the face of satire and corruption, and he's going after all values that are either reasonable or progressive. He knows he can watch it all burn from the lap of luxury when it goes down.

This is what happens when you try to silence someone you don't agree with instead of letting them spew their bullshit and letting the cards fall where they may.

The Right is the counter culture right now. Its crazy as fuck we got to this point, but here we are.

The hell are you talking about? The cards did "fall where they may" It was the right that did him in, and we're still here because they didn't finish the job and find something to prosecute. Now he's back but without any checks and balances.

Slater

Banned
Milo isn't stronger....

Gamergate made him strong...

Breitbart made him strong....

Having access to the Whitehouse made him strong...

He's dangerous but he's not stronger now than ever.

12 mil and and infections with a bunch of teenagers under his thumb for the 2020 elections and beyond.

Unless he gets arrested he's won.

I can't remember the last "counter-culture" that got propped up by people in the White House and anonymous millionaires.

Milo was not silenced by the left - he only lost everything (temporarily) when he pissed off the right, by joking about one of their public taboos.

Milo is a horrible person and he actively hurts America, but that thread title is bullshit. He isn't actively recruiting preteen boys, he simply said the upcoming generation is different than what has come before. Like, can we not fall into the trap of sensationalizing everything or being purposefully dishonest?

Milo is a shitbag, let's not give conservatives/crazies more evidence to ignore or condemn us. Please.

Darknight

Why would the names of the contract be blacked out? Why are they afraid to have their identities public?

I mean only if you are guilty of something, should you have the need for that.

johnsmith

remember me
Milo is a horrible person and he actively hurts America, but that thread title is bullshit. He isn't actively recruiting preteen boys, he simply said the upcoming generation is different than what has come before. Like, can we not fall into the trap of sensationalizing everything or being purposefully dishonest?

Milo is a shitbag, let's not give conservatives/crazies more evidence to ignore or condemn us. Please.

He literally says he's going to be hunting among young teenage boys for talent.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
"This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I’m going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo.”

That may be a poor choice of words all things considered.
I think it's a very, very intentional.

I don't know, i just don't. I feel like being a liberal and actually putting that ideaology into practice means taking the bad along with the good. I feel like you should be allowed to say whatever you want and society will react how it sees fit.

So from my viewpoint, I see people like Milo getting stronger as a result of those who want him completely silenced and banned from speaking in any kind of public forum.

Maybe "let it be" is the wrong approach? I dunno, I'm conflicted when it comes to this topic. I have a little brother who fell into the alt-right trap and a lot of the reasons he gives me are along the lines of "they can't tell me how to think" etc etc. Its scary, because I see this kid posting crazy shit on a daily basis and I see him losing friends one after the other and every time one of these national stories about a Milo or Coulter being uninvited or whatever just seems to push him even more over the edge.

I dunno gaf, I dunno.

It's fine not to know. I know what I have to do though. Protect LGBTQ+ peoples and stop Milo's rhetoric. I'm sorry about your brother but he fell into Milo not because Milo is a victim of protesters but because he was given a platform to speak and the rhetoric he gave spoke to him. Milo doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are alternatives to his hate-filled and dangerous rhetoric out there in spades but sadly many people find their identity in the hate and hurt Milo spreads. I don't consider protesters responsible for that. They don't influence a person's popularity. The substance of what a person says is what determines the following they garner. That's all. People like that Milo is rude. People like that he is dangerous. People like that he doesn't care about the feelings or lives of marginalized people. And because they like it, they flock to him. That's not the story of just Milo but of every backward institution that continues to exist in the US and around the world. The 1000 Nazis going to Nivash's town are all there because rhetoric that shouldn't be given weight was and people bought into it in droves.

Okay, so then clearly debate/using rationale is not effective at all. I'm asking to gauge it's usefulness. That is all, no need to make me feel like I'm ignorant.

I'm not seeking to make you feel ignorant. If that's what you got out of my post, my apologies. I'm seeking to stop this idea that somehow these people only exist or continue to exist because somehow people haven't been trying hard enough to give the alternative viewpoint or that they haven't made it clear. We literally live in a country where MLK used every opportunity he had to tell people why racism was wrong, who it damaged and what needs to be changed about fundamental society and he was abused by the US government and shot in cold blood in response; and still today, the US hasn't learned a single lesson from him. Debates are taking place, they will continue to take place. But this idealized view misses the fact that sometimes, a lot of times, there just exist people who want to hate, who take pleasure from denying power to others and who will not listen to any other side because they are entirely fulfilled by crushing people rather than building people up. Milo is one such person. The people who've supported him are such people. And the people who do and will follow him are such people.

12 mil and and infections with a bunch of teenagers under his thumb for the 2020 elections and beyond.

Unless he gets arrested he's won.

He already had those infections...

The argument was never that he wasn't dangerous but that he is somehow right now more powerful than ever... he's not.

Why would the names of the contract be blacked out? Why are they afraid to have their identities public?

Didn't they hide his whole college tour was funded by Breitbart or something?

It kind of delegitimizes this stupid "movement" if it's common knowledge they are getting paid to spew their BS.

"This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I’m going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo.”

He literally says he's going to be hunting among young teenage boys for talent.

Saying that he is looking for the next Milo and saying the upcoming generation (13, 14, 15 year olds) is different than our current generation or any before does not mean he is literally trying to find a 13 year old kid to work for him.

The Kree

Banned
You already have your mind made up, nothing I can say is going to change that. I asked in another response what suggestion(s) do people have to combat this in a way that doesn't elevate the status of these people, because the current methods of protesting and getting violent until shit gets shutdown seems to be working wonderfully 😑

The reason I don't believe you is because you're blaming people like us for Milo's failings as a human being. We didn't raise or radicalize this asshole. We didn't encourage him to seek profit off of other people's misfortunes. We don't encourage his benefactors to support him.

Your argument is garbage. You are spending entirely too much effort shifting responsibility away from Milo for being a piece of shit towards others for not being nice enough to him. That make me think you're actually on his side. What other possible conclusion am I supposed to draw? You're arguing that an asshole deserves treatment that he doesn't want to reciprocate.

As far as I can tell, the law either can't or doesn't want to stop him. Rationalizing with him isn't an option since he isn't motivated by decency to begin with. So... has anybody tried punching yet?

The supposed talent pipeline has no idea he's going to torpedo their "careers", do they?

Also: those people's lives are already living hell. That's why they're doing what they do.

Anonymous sponsorship allows you to advocate a position without having to personally defend it. Which could hurt your business or business relationships if customers decide to exercise their free market rights to not give money to white nationalists.

Hence the jokes on the first page about Palmer Luckey.

Banglish

I'm not seeking to make you feel ignorant. If that's what you got out of my post, my apologies. I'm seeking to stop this idea that somehow these people only exist or continue to exist because somehow people haven't been trying hard enough to give the alternative viewpoint or that they haven't made it clear. We literally live in a country where MLK used every opportunity he had to tell people why racism was wrong, who it damaged and what needs to be changed about fundamental society and he was abused by the US government and shot in cold blood in response; and still today, the US hasn't learned a single lesson from him. Debates are taking place, they will continue to take place. But this idealized view misses the fact that sometimes, a lot of times, there just exist people who want to hate, who take pleasure from denying power to others and who will not listen to any other side because they are entirely fulfilled by crushing people rather than building people up. Milo is one such person. The people who've supported him are such people. And the people who do and will follow him are such people.

It's all good. I think you may have misinterpreted a little bit of why I was asking though. Yes, I was thinking ideally that rational thought/argumentation would work, but I suppose we wouldn't be here if it was then eh lol. Im not saying that the Alt-right exists because there is no one countering/arguing them or making their points clear. I was purely asking to see if what has been debated/aruged so on and so forth has been effective or not. But clearly from what you did present, it is not effective. So other solutions must be put forth in dealing with them/him etc. Just to make sure you understand that distinction.

Ran rp

He said that Milo Inc. would be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”

Reminds me of the feminist thread. This is the kind of person many of those dudes are aligning themselves with.

Conservatives reached peak crazy. No one cares about trying appease them except the most lukewarm democrat and "centrist" suckers.

Bladenic

This is so incredibly hilarious. He's basically saying "the only people who like me are barely teenagers who have the cognitive ability of a less than intelligent monkey, and I'm gonna make sure to brainwash them to the fullest possible extent."

Like who the fuck cares what a 15 year old likes politics wise lmao

So... Shouldn't the thing he's describing be classified as a hate group actively announcing that they are going to start grooming children?

TalonJH

This is so incredibly hilarious. He's basically saying "the only people who like me are barely teenagers who have the cognitive ability of a less than intelligent monkey, and I'm gonna make sure to brainwash them to the fullest possible extent."

Like who the fuck cares what a 15 year old likes politics wise lmao

Those 15 year olds are only 3 years away from voting. Milo's bigotry is long term.

He said that Milo Inc. would be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”
LMAO. And neogaf "moderates" want us to engage these types of people with academic debate.
Nah fam. Theres two rules of engagement for the Milos of the world, rule number 1, keep the fuck away from them, rule number 2, if they come at you to harm you or your family, retaliate with severity.

LMAO. And neogaf "moderates" want us to engage these types of people with academic debate.
Nah fam. Theres two rules of engagement for the Milos of the world, rule number 1, keep the fuck away from them, rule number 2, if they come at you to harm you or your family, retaliate with severity.

Conservatives reached peak crazy. No one cares about trying appease them except the most lukewarm democrat and "centrist" suckers.

Plenty on the actual left foolishly want everyone to sit down an talk with them and "debate" them. See Sanders on Coulter.

Ya can't just hand waive it away with claims of moderates and centrists.

RM8

I think he'll be at least somewhat successful. America is quite something, a country where sheer hate and disproportionate wealth work together to make the world a worse place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom