• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo is back, gets $12 million for new venture, recruiting 13 year old boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
This is what happens when you try to silence someone you don't agree with instead of letting them spew their bullshit and letting the cards fall where they may.

The Right is the counter culture right now. Its crazy as fuck we got to this point, but here we are.

how can the right be the counterculture when donald trump is president and the republicans control congress?

PixlNinja

Banned
You've still not addressed him reading off people's name to be harassed by his followers? What about that, you going to step up, or bitch out about like every other Milo supporter here.

Sorry I'm replying in between sets (gym). Fuck no I don't support that. Not much really to add to that.

The hell? The "choosing to be gay" thing was pushed by conservatives to justify their discrimination and push gay people into "conversion" therapy programs. That's why the insidious, non nonsensical phrase "I'm not anti-gay, I just disagree with the gay lifestyle" exists.

Yep he's got a whole self hatred thing going on so that he can persuade his hetero white male followers that he really knows they're the real disadvantaged group in the US. Plus it allows his followers to continue to perpetuate their bigoted views on gay people and feel vindicated about it (because what one gay guy says about all gay people is totally true all the time).

The Kree

Banned
Oh god. Let me ask, are you a liberal? Because I am, and while I can't fucking stand these people, I'm not about to resort to the lengths of violent protest to silence them because I don't like what they have to say.

I think you're lying. I think you're here to promote and encourage dissent among liberals so that conservatives can prosper. If you were that big on the merits of discussion, you'd be spending 100% of your energy trying to talk to actual evil people like Milo instead of wasting time with us.

Banglish

So whats your solution?

Take them head on, whatever platform they're using and deconstruct their arguments to the nth degree with logic. That's the only actual feasible "solution". Ignoring them like they don't exist or pushing them out of existence isn't working.

You know, maybe instead of devoting your life to finding these "phonies" and unmasking them... why not actually find people you think are real victims and help them instead?

This bothers me the most. It's always about obstructing people who are trying to better their situation (because, y'know, as a person who has little in common with the lived experiences of most of those people he's the best judge of what they need and don't need and who is being a "professional victim") instead of working to enact positive change in other places.

I'm saying that the "don't share our views? Well fuck you well silence you and shut you down" mentality of the left is propping people like Milo up to even greater heights.

Let him say what he wants and beat him with facts and logic afterwards.

Along with jack_package_200's comment, people on the left have still been debating for a long while, to no effect. It was his own comments that the (mainstream) right found distasteful that made conservatives and right leaning people no longer give him a platform, of their own choice. I don't know why his platform getting yanked from under him by the right is blamed on the left.

Sorry I'm replying in between sets (gym). Fuck no I don't support that. Not much really to add to that.

So you don't support it. Yet we let Milo have his platform uncontested and he does it. Is that a strategy?

Take them head on, whatever platform they're using and deconstruct their arguments to the nth degree with logic. That's the only actual feasible "solution". Ignoring them like they don't exist or pushing them out of existence isn't working.

As has already been mentioned, Milo is not interested in a debate. He is not interested in sitting down for a discussion. He is interested in spreading hate, hurting people and leaving.

Take them head on, whatever platform they're using and deconstruct their arguments to the nth degree with logic. That's the only actual feasible "solution". Ignoring them like they don't exist or pushing them out of existence isn't working and won't work.

Debate and deconstruction of their argument has been shown, consistently, to not work, and these people continue doing the same thing. What Next?

Take them head on, whatever platform they're using and deconstruct their arguments to the nth degree with logic. That's the only actual feasible "solution". Ignoring them like they don't exist or pushing them out of existence isn't working and won't work.
And this has a 100% success rate?

What if that doesn't work?

Is there a plan b?

Slayven

Fuck, dude says this
He said that Milo Inc. would be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”

And people's first thought is to concern troll "be nice guys or he might be even more bad"

PixlNinja

Banned
I think you're lying. I think you're here to promote and encourage dissent among liberals so that conservatives can prosper. If you were that big on the merits of discussion, you'd be spending 100% of your energy trying to talk to actual evil people like Milo instead of wasting time with us.

You already have your mind made up, nothing I can say is going to change that. I asked in another response what suggestion(s) do people have to combat this in a way that doesn't elevate the status of these people, because the current methods of protesting and getting violent until shit gets shutdown seems to be working wonderfully 😑

You already have your mind made up, nothing I can say is going to change that. I asked in another response what suggestion(s) do people have to combat this in a way that doesn't elevate the status of these people, because the current methods of protesting and getting violent until shit gets shutdown seems to be working wonderfully 😑

Again, who says silencing has to be violent beyond you?

Hackworth

If Milo cared about factual debate, he wouldn't say the shit he says.

Buckle

This is what happens when you try to silence someone you don't agree with instead of letting them spew their bullshit and letting the cards fall where they may.

The Right is the counter culture right now. Its crazy as fuck we got to this point, but here we are.
It feels more like we got here with apathy.

We just keep letting the alt right slide on and continue normalizing their behavior and letting it set in with shit like GG as just "lol, loser nerds in basements" instead of a wider epidemic of idiocy.

40dbc7df5b867c4214a1c4918217e227055633411299a96d555a6d64bfac9bff.jpg

Oh wrong Milo

PixelatedBookake

Is saying you're hunting after 13-15 year olds really the best way to come back from a pederasty scandal?

Like for real. How are you gonna try and come back from a scandal that made your fanbase shun you by referencing said scandal? Was that supposed to be clever? Because it came off as disgusting.

The Right isn't the counter culture, they're conservatives they want to maintain the culture.

The culture isn't what's trending right now, it's what's used to maintain a capitalist system.

So how do we change Milos mind?

Carn82

I actually wanted to share this 'news' on Facebook and talk shit about it. But after a second thought I'm pretty sure that's just the reaction this knobhead is looking for, so my #hottake will be this post. Fuck this guy. Fuck. Him. Hard.

MUnited83

For you.

LMAO, it's the polar fucking opposite. This is what you get by letting a Nazi pedophile talk and build an audience.

Wilsongt

Fostering Trump youth, I see.

When these neckbeards in training are old enough to vote we might be a bit fucked.

Well, more fucked.

ICO_SotC

Yep he's got a whole self hatred thing going on so that he can persuade his hetero white male followers that he really knows they're the real disadvantaged group in the US. Plus it allows his followers to continue to perpetuate their bigoted views on gay people and feel vindicated about it (because what one gay guy says about all gay people is totally true all the time).

As someone who grew up at the tail end of the 80s into the 90s, this is legitimately disturbing and unsettling. A generation is being brought up with no real sense of what the country was like before the somewhat "post closet" state we're still evolving to now. Not challenging this kind of stuff is what led to the environment that allowed AIDS to spread, self loathing gay people to be paraded on TV as "ex-gays", and kept people in the closet.

ChrisD

I actually wanted to share this 'news' on Facebook and talk shit about it. But after a second thought I'm pretty sure that's just the reaction this knobhead is looking for, so my #hottake will be this post. Fuck this guy. Fuck. Him. Hard.

Same.
I'd rather talk down this human scum in person with family, or in general discussions in chat programs, not through sharing where he gets to see numbers going up.

That quote is so freaking blind. And he knows it. But the followers..

He was never going to fully go away but he's still been greatly reduced in the realm of influence and power

He's gotta produce all his own content himself, he doesn't have the access that working for Breitbart gave him.

12 million is a lot if you want to just be a youtuber, it's not as much if you want to travel the country and shit

It doesn't have to be, at all. But isn't that whats been happening at places like Berkeley?

And? It happened at Berkley, so what? Now that means we shouldn't actively protest and keep Milo from having a platform that he can use to out people, recruit new bigots and spread his hatred?

Right, because treating this people like they're legitimate and giving them every platform they could possible want has worked so much better in the past. It's not like that very thing is what helped Trump win the election, no sir.

If you were interested in solutions, you'd be testing your own. You don't care, you just want to be on a high horse while you do absolutely nothing.

Hale-XF11

I honestly didn't know it was possible to build and sustain a business with the stated purpose of ruining other people's lives. Amazing.

Ponn

Banned
You already have your mind made up, nothing I can say is going to change that. I asked in another response what suggestion(s) do people have to combat this in a way that doesn't elevate the status of these people, because the current methods of protesting and getting violent until shit gets shutdown seems to be working wonderfully ��

I see you are completely dodging my reply just asking you to attempt to back up what you are saying. It's funny how moderates can't be bothered to try and even talk and debate with these alt-right, neo nazi folks yet surely changing these extremists minds is something entirely possible.

Here's a hint, liberals have been trying this tactic of factual civil debate for years. Our reward was getting obstructed for 8 years and seeing the rise of the alt-right and nazism and moderates helping to vote in a republican controlled government. And now there is a new generation that grew up watching this shitshow learning there was no real consequences for their actions and that nazism is not so bad and just a "different viewpoint'

So either march over to reddit and be the first of your moderate friends to actually attempt to back up what you say and report back to us what happens or fade back to sitting on the sidelline not solving a goddamn thing while tut-tuting the ones trying.

In the meantime the rest of us would like to work to make shit like this.

known to NOT be acceptable in any way shape or form, not a difference of opinion to be tolerated or debated and something that will have real consequences and not some fucking joke on social media or youtube to a new generation that is growing up thinking it is acceptable.

Banglish

Debate and deconstruction of their argument has been shown, consistently, to not work, and these people continue doing the same thing. What Next?

Examples?
Well I'd say the next thing to do is to look at unconventional solutions, but I can't say I can think of anything on the spot at least in the short term. The only thing I suppose is to focus solely on ensuring people are properly educated (in logic/rational thinking) so as to not fall into the pitfalls of Milo's and the alt right's way of thinking, which would be a way to deal with them effectively in the long term. Need way more money invested in the youth to ensure they are making pragmatic choices and thinking critically, just as Milo is targeting them.

Alienous

Regardless of affiliation everyone should turn their back on him and allow him to wither in obscurity like a zampire in sunlight.

He's doing nobody any favours, other than himself.

Examples?

Examples? You mean like the multiple examples of speeches, articles and demonstrations by transpeople about using the bathroom of their gender identity and still having trans bathroom laws passed and protections revoked? Maybe the multitude of black orators, writers and scholars both contemporary and otherwise who clearly and concisely outlined the ways racism is baked into American society and still having the KKK and similar groups be a continued influential force within communities and attorney generals with histories of racist actions getting hired to influence law? Or how facts literally show and have been made known multiple times that abortion within Planned Parenthood doesn't use government funding and still having anti-choice protests and legislation to essentially deny women healthcare?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Milo knows what he is doing and the fact he knows how to actively target young people to recruit into the cult should really scare all of you. Thats how societies end up tearing themselves apart 10-20 years later when those young minds grow up and build cults of their own. Milo is a virus that needs to be dealt with. One of the reasons the country is split and hates each other is because of shit like Fox news being a normal thing for a decade.

PixlNinja

Banned
So you don't support it. Yet we let Milo have his platform uncontested and he does it. Is that a strategy?

I don't know, i just don't. I feel like being a liberal and actually putting that ideaology into practice means taking the bad along with the good. I feel like you should be allowed to say whatever you want and society will react how it sees fit.

So from my viewpoint, I see people like Milo getting stronger as a result of those who want him completely silenced and banned from speaking in any kind of public forum.

Maybe "let it be" is the wrong approach? I dunno, I'm conflicted when it comes to this topic. I have a little brother who fell into the alt-right trap and a lot of the reasons he gives me are along the lines of "they can't tell me how to think" etc etc. Its scary, because I see this kid posting crazy shit on a daily basis and I see him losing friends one after the other and every time one of these national stories about a Milo or Coulter being uninvited or whatever just seems to push him even more over the edge.

I dunno gaf, I dunno.

Milo isn't stronger....

Gamergate made him strong...

Breitbart made him strong....

Having access to the Whitehouse made him strong...

He's dangerous but he's not stronger now than ever.

Banglish

Examples? You mean like the multiple examples of speeches, articles and demonstrations by transpeople about using the bathroom of their gender identity and still having trans bathroom laws passed and protections revoked? Maybe the multitude of black orators, writers and scholars both contemporary and otherwise who clearly and concisely outlined the ways racism is baked into American society and still having the KKK and similar groups be a continued influential force within communities and attorney generals with histories of racist actions getting hired to influence law? Or how facts literally show that abortion within Planned Parenthood doesn't use government funding and still having anti-choice protests and legislation to essentially deny women healthcare?

Okay, so then clearly debate/using rationale is not effective at all. I'm asking to gauge it's usefulness. That is all, no need to make me feel like I'm ignorant.

SeanC

Any of those so-called "young up and coming Youtubers" if they exist that he says are on board are all pretty much stopping their careers before they even start.

Hopefully he'll just try his bullshit, it'll fail most likely because he doesn't even have alt-right support that much anymore after the pedophile shit, and he'll go away.

And of course the backers are anonymous. Cowards. They know this shit ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom