• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto on next Zelda for Wii: Link could not have the sword anymore! And much more.

Linkup

She ate a sword when she was little. Even her dress has a blue rim similar to the master sword's halt at the bottom, she most eat the master sword at some point too.

rhino4evr

Zelda is cursed..and becomes the sword?

the picture seems isn't very cheery..

I'm sold...bring me the new Zelda game please...

can't wait to play this in 2012

Lesath

comedy bomb said:
Or the girl is really short, like the height of a sword maybe ;p

What I did was basically use the size of Link's head as a reference, and compared the painting to concept art for TP. You'll notice that the Link in the painting is at least a head taller.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
gamergirly said:
Link isnt gay. There's always a girl
38link.jpg

Zoramon089 said:
I dunno...seems like it'd be easier for him to be holding the sort and swinging it, then dictating a swing with his hands in the exact same manner he would if he were holding the sword...
I guess so but then we'd be back to the game being in first person or M+ being out and the game plays just like every Zelda before it. Unless there's some other way I'm not wrapping my head around...

pulga said:
Epic letdown for me. Was expecting a different kind of Link.. this just looks like TP Link hit puberty and had a growth spurt.

I keep expecting a better kind of celda but the DS ones keep bringing back that lame old WW one.

Beezy said:
No. They made Link right handed instead of left. FAIL

Why can't they make it so you choose which hand to use?

phalestine

aka iby.h
ninj4junpei said:
I wanted bearded middle age Link. >:|

Ew, I hope not

Yeah same, I posted that before I read that she might be the sword

Though I would love a 3d four swords for wii and a 2d for ds/wiiware

bhytre

She could replace all weapons and objects you usually collect in Zelda games and transform into them. If she's going to be his sword as speculated it might as well become a completely versatile side-kick.

MoogPaul said:
Maybe I'm bind, but he really doesn't scream "older" to me. He looks like most adult link artworks.
He is only alil older according to Miyamoto.

Heres TP Link

This guy looks like he is in his early 20s, pretty much done growing. Tp Link looks 16-18 with some room to grow.

D3RANG3D said:
Legend of Zelda: Oblivion

Hes going for the sigil stone!

Yeah I was actually wondering if the background had any significane here. It does sorta look like an Oblivion gate :lol

Or on a more serious note, perhaps a way into the Twilight Realm after Midna?

I have my doubts about the girl being the sword, since Miyamoto made it seem like motion plus wasn't a guarantee nor already implemented.

rhino4evr

bhytre said:
She could replace all weapons and objects you usually collect in Zelda games and transform into them. If she's going to be his sword as speculated it might as well become a completely versatile side-kick.

was thinking the same thing...it would save the need for a menu screen..i think.

webrunner said:
108fw4y.jpg

Compare:
- The pattern on her legs, to the pattern on the hilt (both a light-on-dark blue crosshatch)
- the gold lines on the sword, to the gold lines on her stomach
- her belt to where the hilt meets the guard on the sword
her stockings also match the pattern of the master sword's grip

rhino4evr

ninj4junpei said:
I have my doubts about the girl being the sword, since Miyamoto made it seem like motion plus wasn't a guarantee nor already implemented.

she is totally the master sword born alive...the details are obvious. The question is will you be able to uhh...wield her.

rhino4evr said:
Ha..good luck with that.

2011 if we are lucky.
Stop being a whimp and get on the train!

They are shooting for a 2010 release so if we are lucky they will get it out by than.:D

2011 is "lucky" for no one. >_>

ninj4junpei said:

I think he was referring to the manner in which it'd be used. I severely doubt they'd make Zelda without motion+. That would be an extremely big blunder, even by Nintendo standards

rhino4evr said:
she is totally the master sword born alive...the details are obvious. The question is will you be able to uhh...wield her.
Maybe she is the sword, it would fit. Though I don't think think you'll control her from afar, like some people here seem to be thinking. Of course, I highly doubt it won't have motion plus.

rhino4evr

Black-Wind said:
Stop being a whimp and get on the train!

They are shooting for a 2010 release so if we are lucky they will get it out by than.:D

2011 is "lucky" for no one. >_>

if they were shooting for a 2010 release..we would have seen this in video form. Not to mention Galaxy 2 and Metroid will be the big games of 2010. Nintendo only has so many frachises. Considering how long it took them to finish Twilight Princess..I think we have a while to wait.

They should totally bring back all the swords from old games and make them girls. It's Zelda meets Idol Master.

Master Sword is that blue thing

Biggoron Sword is a butch looking broad.

White Sword is some weird albino girl who's into Twilight

Four Sword is just the same girl four times

Golden Sword actually turns out to be Princess Zelda! what a twist!

Miyamoto-san always seemed to me like a guy dying to spill his guts but kept under tight wraps by the Nintendo overlords. I think he already told us everything we need to know in his own way. Link isn't holding a sword, it's pretty obvious the girl is a sword. If Link doesn't hold her, who does?

laserbeam

Banned
rhino4evr said:
if they were shooting for a 2010 release..we would have seen this in video form. Not to mention Galaxy 2 and Metroid will be the big games of 2010. Nintendo only has so many frachises. Considering how long it took them to finish Twilight Princess..I think we have a while to wait.

Twilight Princess was done as early as 2005. They simply sat on it to make it a Wii title they admitted as much just like they admitted they are sitting on Galaxy 2 due to NSMBWii.

Miyamoto said he wanted to show the game this year but it got shot down. Nintendo has the stupid policy of nothing shown unless it comes out soon

rhino4evr

Linkzg said:
They should totally bring back all the swords from old games and make them girls. It's Zelda meets Idol Master.

Master Sword is that blue thing

Biggoron Sword is a butch looking broad.

White Sword is some weird albino girl who's into Twilight

Four Sword is just the same girl four times

Golden Sword actually turns out to be Princess Zelda! what a twist!

Wooden Sword is ... Pinocchio?

justchris

xs_mini_neo said:
Why can't they make it so you choose which hand to use?

Maybe they will. They didn't in TP because it was far too late to add it in. If we start telling them we want it now, maybe it'll make it in in time.

Hero

As people have pointed out, it's very clear that the girl pictured is going to have some kind of bond with the Master Sword. The details are very clear from the color, shape, patterns, etc.

The question is will she turn into the sword? Or perhaps the entire quest is going to be getting her to return the form of the sword? The way Link is pictured in the artwork is rather interesting. First of all, his shield is in his left hand, which aside from Twilight Princess Wii, is the wrong hand for him. It doesn't look like he's necessarily protecting her either.

JKBii

Chemo said:
What the fuck?

If I ever met this guy, the first thing I asked him after thanking him for his awesome work is if he'd ever make a game that targeted ME again.

IGN sucks, but these guys are gamers, and they want to know if and when Miyamoto is going to bust out some magic that doesn't involve tennis balls or dogs or cartoony avatars. I don't fucking blame them -- it's something I wonder about myself. And now we have the answer. End of story.

Yeah but he's clearly innovating in one direction and it's a path he's chosen as opposed to making these other types of games. It would be like asking David Jaffe when he's gonna close down his little studio and go back to making God of Wars at Sony.

gdt

laserbeam said:
Twilight Princess was done as early as 2005. They simply sat on it to make it a Wii title they admitted as much just like they admitted they are sitting on Galaxy 2 due to NSMBWii.

Miyamoto said he wanted to show the game this year but it got shot down. Nintendo has the stupid policy of nothing shown unless it comes out soon

I really, really dig that policy.

I mean, NSMB Wii is out this year.

Showing/talking about stuff too early can lead to TP/GT5 like problems.

USD

I loved the art style from Twilight Princess. With this one being a Wii exclusive, it will certainly be better realized graphically.

Hero said:
As people have pointed out, it's very clear that the girl pictured is going to have some kind of bond with the Master Sword. The details are very clear from the color, shape, patterns, etc.

The question is will she turn into the sword? Or perhaps the entire quest is going to be getting her to return the form of the sword? The way Link is pictured in the artwork is rather interesting. First of all, his shield is in his left hand, which aside from Twilight Princess Wii, is the wrong hand for him. It doesn't look like he's necessarily protecting her either.

He kinda looks like "WTF has she gotten me into"

justchris

rhino4evr said:

I wouldn't be so sure. I suspect everything they showed at their conference they plan to have out before next E3, which means SMG2, S&P2 and even Metroid OM all between January & June of next year. That still leaves an open slot for Pikmin and/or Zelda to close the year out.

Hero

Also, I can't believe the shitty questions Matt asked Miyamoto. That was the best he could think of? Facepalm.gif total there.

Top Bottom