• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mods should remove enemies (spiders) to be more accessible (hand over mouth laughing)

Look, i am in full support of actual accessiblity options like left handed controllers, larger texts, subtitles, colorblind modes and deaf modes, but come on. This is ridiculous. I am sorry, but it is not anyone's job to account for your personal fears. People are afraid of Clowns, heights, insects, etc and no one says they are accesbility problems.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
It feels like witnessing an endless competition between people flaunting who's more weak-willed, coward and hyper-sensitive, these days.

That’s exactly what it is. Victimhood is in, and the fashionable trend.

Anyway, I was going to say, Microsoft’s Grounded actually has a menu option to remove all spiders, so this is somehow already an institutionalized thing, protecting people from fear of spiders.

Ar¢tos

Kotaku really seems to have some of the frailest people on the earth. Between their multiple mental health issues, overweight problems, race paranoia, SJW struggles, gender issues and now crippling phobias, you have a bunch of people who sit around and write about games for a living and yet seem to struggle more to get through a day than someone in a warzone.
Imagine if a dev makes a game with non-cisgendered spiders with pink hair that shout about inclusion rights.
Will Kotaku staff have a stroke because they can't decide if it is good or bad?

ReBurn

Gold Member
If spiders upset you then maybe you shouldn't play games with spiders in them. That seems more reasonable than expecting a "turn off the spiders" toggle.

tkscz

I have arachnophobia, spiders in games bother me, if a mod exist to remove, I use it. If not, I deal or don't play the game.

What I don't do is make a two page long essay bitching that no one is removing them for me. If it's that bad, learn to code and remove them yourself, I use to do that with simpler games.

Hell, some games with spiders, like Resident Evil, I just deal with because fear is the fucking point, you remove that, you remove the purpose of the damn game.

This is basically the, put an easy mode in Souls game, argument.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Great idea, Kotaku! "Don't like it? Then mod it" is excellent advice. If only this logic would sink a bit deeper and we'd stop getting ridiculous articles from your blog site about how a dev is transphobic because it included a male/female selection in the character creator.

Yep, this is puttins responsability of seeings things you don't like on you, which I'm ok with.

BTW, is there a way to remove the fucking Snake in Hitman 1 menu screen? I literally can't get through that game due to that and only that. Don't make me explain it, it's just too much for me seeing that thing all over the screen.

Top Bottom