• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Thread

demigod

GillaTheGorilla said:
Im struggling a bit with Akantor, need to find my feet with him and get a weapon choosen, might continue with the longsword on him.

I used Smolder Dragonsword on him and aimed for his head. I used all 15 of my flashbombs on him and was able to get in 3-4hits everytime. I did get greedy once and stayed in there(side of his head) and got 1 shotted by his invisible wind beam. I used immunizer and wait for my hp to go back up some before using potions. Ran around like a fool whenever he raged.

Thing about the HGE sets, I really don't like to wear the same damn armor over and over. Garuga, Rath Soul and weakass Hornetaur. Why the hell did they nerf Akantor's ear protect and added in slow charge? I looked at my old MHF2 save and noticed that I beat Tigrex with Ceanataur armor so I had no earplugs at all. Is HGE really needed for a gunner? I might just look into an evade set and roll whenever they roar.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wooo, just took down the Elder Shen Gao Ren.

Time to start the Nekoht quests! Well, as soon as I go back to the Elder quests and take on Teostra. :D

EDIT: Oh man. Now that I'm up to the Felyne Elder/High Rank quests and getting all this new stuff, it feels like a whole new game has opened up. :D

demigod said:
I used Smolder Dragonsword on him and aimed for his head. I used all 15 of my flashbombs on him and was able to get in 3-4hits everytime. I did get greedy once and stayed in there(side of his head) and got 1 shotted by his invisible wind beam. I used immunizer and wait for my hp to go back up some before using potions. Ran around like a fool whenever he raged.

Thing about the HGE sets, I really don't like to wear the same damn armor over and over. Garuga, Rath Soul and weakass Hornetaur. Why the hell did they nerf Akantor's ear protect and added in slow charge? I looked at my old MHF2 save and noticed that I beat Tigrex with Ceanataur armor so I had no earplugs at all. Is HGE really needed for a gunner? I might just look into an evade set and roll whenever they roar.

Akantor needed a nerf, that armor was for end game and once end game was extended in Unite, it made every piece of G-rank armor worthless without a nerf. It's still useful for armor mixing, I myself use a mix of that with Soul Z set.

HGE for gunner, what weapon? Most times you'll be out of range of the roar as a gunner, unless you're using a bow and are facing something with a large roar. It's a nice just-in-case skill but it'll get more use with a blademaster then a gunner. Heavy bowguns can use a shield and block roars with that and light will be so far anyway the roar should miss. Evade set would work best on a bow and could help to evade short roars but longer ones, like a Gravios, will require HGE or a ton of distance between him and you.

tiltnkirby said:
Gun Chariot with a guarding set, it doesn't get any easier. Well it does, if you can get guard inc. in there. Some people like hammer as well.

For some reason I never thought about using my gunlance set, need to upgrade to gun chariot which means a rathalos ruby, time to start farming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, just finished up another unexpectedly long play session. Got myself an Eternal Strife SnS and took down Teostra with it (actually took down, not just forced to flee). I'm sure I did some other stuff, but it's really all a blur. :lol Lao Shan Lung is next. Oh boy.

Closing in on 150 hours now. This game just keeps delivering!

EDIT: Man...every time I post the thread dies for like, a day. :(

Luigiv

Seraphis Cain said:
EDIT: Man...every time I post the thread dies for like, a day. :(
That's just because the world hates you, no need to take it personally :D.

As for my 2 cents. Fuck pallet swap monsters! I knew I would hate them before playing FU and Green Plesioth seems to support my theory. I'm so glad MH3 doesn't have any
for now :(.

Luigiv said:
That's just because the world hates you, no need to take it personally :D.

As for my 2 cents. Fuck pallet swap monsters! I knew I would hate them before playing FU and Green Plesioth seems to support my theory. I'm so glad MH3 doesn't have any
for now :(.

Before playing freedom unite...a green Plesioth... Did you start at Unite?

Pallet swaps aren't bad, a new move or two at best and a few more HP then the normal monster. Green is just the same as a normal but more HP, a bit bigger and still loves to jump right back into the water when forced out with a sonic bomb.

robox

i can't tell the difference between normal and green plesioth, normal and black diablos, normal and blue kut-ku
it just creates more busy work.
also, damn normal and black gravios heavenlies are separate items.... not that i need them yet...

Luigiv

tiltnkirby said:
Before playing freedom unite...a green Plesioth... Did you start at Unite?

Pallet swaps aren't bad, a new move or two at best and a few more HP then the normal monster. Green is just the same as a normal but more HP, a bit bigger and still loves to jump right back into the water when forced out with a sonic bomb.
I started with the original monster hunter, in which monsters only came in one colour each. The pallet swap monsters are just quick and dirty filler so they can claim to have more monsters and quests on the back of the box. Why design 10 new monsters when you can design 5 new monsters and make a minor update to last years 5 new monsters? I mean, do we really need a colour variation
or two
of almost every single boss? It would have been cool if it were just a couple (would have fit nicely with the ecology) but having so many is just ridiculous.

Though to be fair I'm not really that raged over it, just felt like exaggerating my thoughts on the matter :lol. Really it's just Capcom being Capcom, I wasn't expecting any better from them.

I havent reached fatalis yet (and dont know exactly what i have to do, I guess killing ukanlos), I havent even reached ukanlos :lol but yesterday in some random group someone needed help wth uka...

Holy shit, it certainly looks more impressive than akantor, but he kicked our asses -_-' although I didnt die, others did, but anyway I was low on potions... time to reach him I guess, just need to do shen gaoren.

Any good set for gunlancer? I just started using it, but I think my narga set have skills that arent really usefull with gunlance/lance (ie I dont even roll a lot, just guard).

sotodefonk said:
I havent reached fatalis yet (and dont know exactly what i have to do, I guess killing ukanlos), I havent even reached ukanlos :lol but yesterday in some random group someone needed help wth uka...

Holy shit, it certainly looks more impressive than akantor, but he kicked our asses -_-' although I didnt die, others did, but anyway I was low on potions... time to reach him I guess, just need to do shen gaoren.

Any good set for gunlancer? I just started using it, but I think my narga set have skills that arent really usefull with gunlance/lance (ie I dont even roll a lot, just guard).

Im using Hermataur U armour gemmed for guard inc and guard, its working quite well for me so far.

GillaTheGorilla said:
Im using Hermataur U armour gemmed for guard inc and guard, its working quite well for me so far.

Gonna try doing it this night... whats the skill that halves your stamina consumption? I guess that would be usefull too

EDIT: also forgot to comment... using gunlance online can drive to very awful situations, like blowing your teammates away :lol Im too attached to sword, and I inmediately go for the head... I guess I need to go for the body or wings...

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Luigiv said:
I started with the original monster hunter, in which monsters only came in one colour each. The pallet swap monsters are just quick and dirty filler so they can claim to have more monsters and quests on the back of the box. Why design 10 new monsters when you can design 5 new monsters and make a minor update to last years 5 new monsters? I mean, do we really need a colour variation
or two
of almost every single boss? It would have been cool if it were just a couple (would have fit nicely with the ecology) but having so many is just ridiculous.

Though to be fair I'm not really that raged over it, just felt like exaggerating my thoughts on the matter :lol. Really it's just Capcom being Capcom, I wasn't expecting any better from them.
Valid complaint, and limiting the color changes would have worked better probably. I do like the fact that I can pick a monster I like and have more options when it comes to the armor/skill set I can get from it though. It gives the player more customization options.

FootNinja said:
Valid complaint, and limiting the color changes would have worked better probably. I do like the fact that I can pick a monster I like and have more options when it comes to the armor/skill set I can get from it though. It gives the player more customization options.

yeah having same armor looks with different skills is someting I like... although the armors I like doesnt have skills I look for :p

jman2050

I picked this game up a while ago and I can definitely see why the Japanese are so enamored with it. It took several hours of fumbling and reading 1/3rd of what I suspect is the worst tutorial in the history of gaming, but this is some really addictive stuff here.

I've been playing for about 15 hours, staying mostly in the mountains and doing different quests, experimenting with different items, gathering points, etc. I love how there's this sense of "getting better" with this game. I couldn't even take down a Giadrome in my first several tries using either swords or my Red Stripe great sword. Now, if there's a better weapon for him (or the Bulldrome for that matter) I haven't gotten there yet, as I've been focused on getting proficient with a great sword for the time being, but now I find that I'm able to do relatively well against him. I might have to go with a quicker weapon for a Bulldrome though. Even though I've beaten two of them, I took a lot of damage in the process, given that a great sword is far too slow to interrupt him even when you hit him.

Obviously I'm still a nub at this game, but I do have some questions about certain things:

* Do they actually explain all the potential skills at some point? The whole thing with the tutorial opening in parts is really irritating, and I want to avoid using a FAQ unless completely necessary.

* Is it worth attempting to capture monsters rather than outright killing them? I succeeded in capturing a bulldrome once but didn't notice a much more favorable reward as opposed to killing and carving

* At what point is it going to become preferable to hunt online? I'm doing pretty well on my own so far, but even so I find that a lot of times I take advantage of openings my felyne creates for me. A true one-on-one battle tends to require a lot more caution and timing.

* Does your active inventory grow at any point? Cause the item limit is frustrating me already, and I'm not sure if this is intentional on the part of the devs to keep you quest-focused or part of their already apparent strategy of gimping you to the point of uselessness at the beginning of the game.

jman2050 said:
1. Do they actually explain all the potential skills at some point? The whole thing with the tutorial opening in parts is really irritating, and I want to avoid using a FAQ unless completely necessary.

2. Is it worth attempting to capture monsters rather than outright killing them? I succeeded in capturing a bulldrome once but didn't notice a much more favorable reward as opposed to killing and carving

3. At what point is it going to become preferable to hunt online? I'm doing pretty well on my own so far, but even so I find that a lot of times I take advantage of openings my felyne creates for me. A true one-on-one battle tends to require a lot more caution and timing.

4. Does your active inventory grow at any point? Cause the item limit is frustrating me already, and I'm not sure if this is intentional on the part of the devs to keep you quest-focused or part of their already apparent strategy of gimping you to the point of uselessness at the beginning of the game.

1. No. They dont explain all the skills they just explain (poorly) some skills.

2. Capturing increase the chance to get some materials. Also you need to capture all monster to get a title on your guild card.

Also capturing hard monsters in your first encounters would make your life easier.

3. You can start doing Guild quest offline until you reach Lvl 3*. After that the monster will have a lot of HP and you will take a lot of time to kill them.

But if you are saying to go online, then I guess after beating all (or most) of elder quests. That way, you will know how to hunt some monsters.

4. No, you item inventory is always 3 pages. On the other hand your item box can grow up to 10 pages.

Welcome! :D

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
jman2050 said:
I picked this game up a while ago and I can definitely see why the Japanese are so enamored with it. It took several hours of fumbling and reading 1/3rd of what I suspect is the worst tutorial in the history of gaming, but this is some really addictive stuff here.

I've been playing for about 15 hours, staying mostly in the mountains and doing different quests, experimenting with different items, gathering points, etc. I love how there's this sense of "getting better" with this game. I couldn't even take down a Giadrome in my first several tries using either swords or my Red Stripe great sword. Now, if there's a better weapon for him (or the Bulldrome for that matter) I haven't gotten there yet, as I've been focused on getting proficient with a great sword for the time being, but now I find that I'm able to do relatively well against him. I might have to go with a quicker weapon for a Bulldrome though. Even though I've beaten two of them, I took a lot of damage in the process, given that a great sword is far too slow to interrupt him even when you hit him.

Obviously I'm still a nub at this game, but I do have some questions about certain things:

* Do they actually explain all the potential skills at some point? The whole thing with the tutorial opening in parts is really irritating, and I want to avoid using a FAQ unless completely necessary.

* Is it worth attempting to capture monsters rather than outright killing them? I succeeded in capturing a bulldrome once but didn't notice a much more favorable reward as opposed to killing and carving

* At what point is it going to become preferable to hunt online? I'm doing pretty well on my own so far, but even so I find that a lot of times I take advantage of openings my felyne creates for me. A true one-on-one battle tends to require a lot more caution and timing.

* Does your active inventory grow at any point? Cause the item limit is frustrating me already, and I'm not sure if this is intentional on the part of the devs to keep you quest-focused or part of their already apparent strategy of gimping you to the point of uselessness at the beginning of the game.
Reading a FAQ on this game is highly recommended. Ive been playing since mh1, and without referring to them/other people, I wouldn't have a way of knowing a ton of things I know.

Its only worth capturing certain monsters, and only if you need certain drops that are rare/impossible to get for carve/regular reward. You shouldn't have to worry about this until much later.

After you finish the elder quests, and you start the guild hall, you will eventually hit a road block in which you need help. The game is much more fun with people, even if you don't necessarily NEED their help though.

You can get a small upgrade to your carrying case, but as you get better you wont need a lot of items for the majority of your quests. Things like potion, mega potion, armor talons, well done steaks, paint balls, and whetstones should be your bare minimum for each quest, and whatever fluff you decide to bring should be able to fit with enough space left for your carves.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Just solo'd the hard rank azure lao-Shan lung urgent with just a red dragon sword. Biggest accomplishment i've had in a while, and now that I'm actually doing quests in the guild hall I think I'll be able to make great weapons soon.

I thought he fled, then all of the sudden I see him fall.. I was too excited to get the right amount of carves, because I remember back when I couldn't do this (actually kill him) even with my cousins help.

If I could hunt with people I'm sure I would have 100% the game by now since I know the monsters in-out, but I give myself limitations like only LS, and only Los/narga gear.

Gotta be stylish AND skilled ;)

demigod

r - b - x said:
i can't tell the difference between normal and green plesioth, normal and black diablos, normal and blue kut-ku
it just creates more busy work.
also, damn normal and black gravios heavenlies are separate items.... not that i need them yet...

Don't know if I'm imagining things but I find the Green Plesioth to hit harder. Wiki says the Black Gravios' stomach is harder to break and they use the gas explosion more than sleeping gas.

I beat all the normal trials and got my barrage piercing helm. I really hate the lance and the hunting horn. I think I tried Tigrex with hunting horn like 10 times. You rarely can utilize the horns skills when a mob constantly charges at your ass and you can't zone. I gotta admit the hunting horn is strong against Daimyo Hermitaur. I beat that one under 3mins. Kirin with the lance is a pain too. I think I gained about 80k pokke points doing all those damn training.

Which HR is that FootNinja? Did you get los/narga gear before azure lao or did you get it after him and then backtrack to kill him? I only was able to repel him with red dragon sword until i got los armor then I was able to beat him with 1 minute left. lol is the LS for skilled players? I'm using it and I thought it was good for noobs. I don't like hammers but damn, triple pound sure is strong.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, just took on my first HR Khezu...DAMN.

So hard. :lol Got killed the first time using Corona, so I went back in with a Wyvern Blade Blood and killed it, but not without getting pretty banged up in the process.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand True Devil Slicer GET! :D

Luigiv

demigod said:
Don't know if I'm imagining things but I find the Green Plesioth to hit harder.
Yeah, from what I can tell, he hit's harder, has larger hit boxes for his attacks, is considerably faster and more aggressive in rage mode and most annoyingly, can stun you with some attacks.

My noobish tactic of wailing at his legs and stomach until he dies doesn't work on green plesioth T_T.

Edit: Yay green plesioth defeated and all 3* quests cleared! Shows you right for making me use a cautious tactic :p.

demigod

Damnit, I thought I finished all of Nekoths quest. I didn't finish one Chameleos, went and did that and it unlocked Epic Hunting Quest : Monster Hunter. Rathalos, Tigrex, Nargacuga, Rajang. I made Rathalos rage like 6 times and he STILL wouldn't die. I get 2shotted by him and when he's in rage mode it's 1shot. Looks like I might need G-level equipment just to beat this. Pretty bs to put a hard quest like this in when all the others were nowhere near this hard.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
demigod said:
Which HR is that FootNinja? Did you get los/narga gear before azure lao or did you get it after him and then backtrack to kill him? I only was able to repel him with red dragon sword until i got los armor then I was able to beat him with 1 minute left. lol is the LS for skilled players? I'm using it and I thought it was good for noobs. I don't like hammers but damn, triple pound sure is strong.
Well I got my Los S and narga S from the cat quests, which I all but finished (didn't feel like doing the hard rank shen gao ren since I hate fighting him) but I just started doing the guild hall and I just made hunter rank 5 with that urgent. I shouldn't have trouble with most of these quests, but since I'm soloing everything its just tuff taking on monsters that are damage cushions without G rank weapons.

I wouldn't call any weapon a "noob" or "pro" weapon, but I prefer the LS for the cool factor. I love the GS but I stick to one weapon type per game.

demigod said:
Don't know if I'm imagining things but I find the Green Plesioth to hit harder. Wiki says the Black Gravios' stomach is harder to break and they use the gas explosion more than sleeping gas.

I beat all the normal trials and got my barrage piercing helm. I really hate the lance and the hunting horn. I think I tried Tigrex with hunting horn like 10 times. You rarely can utilize the horns skills when a mob constantly charges at your ass and you can't zone. I gotta admit the hunting horn is strong against Daimyo Hermitaur. I beat that one under 3mins. Kirin with the lance is a pain too. I think I gained about 80k pokke points doing all those damn training.

Black uses beam almost 100% of the time, it's annoying and after every beam he can release gas and you know how it is, it never happens till you try and take a swing at him.

Barrage piercing are kinda meh now, I don't think I'd give up a helm item to get Load up anymore, well, maybe for the Akantor bow.

You are right about the notes on HH, you can only really keep two note songs up, at bet, in a solo fight. After realizing this, I can understand why it was taken out of Tri, it's just not that great of a weapon and almost always requires Flute expert to keep you in the game. It's not fun having to spend time zoning or waiting for the right moment to just get off two notes so you can survive.

If you thought HH was easy for Daimyo, take it's big brother Hammer with you.

As for Lao, if you want an easy Lao kill with time to spare, you will require the following:
  • A powerful hammer
  • Adrenaline armor set
  • Whetstones
Extra items include:

• Sharpsword/sharpen inc/Sharpness+1
  • Power seeds, I guess
  • Potions
  • Mega juices never hurt
  • Something to watch as you hammer him
  • Maybe something to eat
  • ~30 minutes of free time

Get yourself to 40% of your max hp with bombs, then use a small bomb to get rid of all the red hp. Hammer his belly over and over, he'll only slam the ground quick, resulting in 2-3 hp damage every time, avoid attacking the legs, as he'll collapse doing a lot more damage, it's safe to say it'll killing you with less then 40% hp, so don't do it. Other then that, just keep hammering at him and you might as well super pound his head when it comes into the zone, not like you got anything else to do.

As for the noob weapon. It's a great newbie weapon and will take no longer then five minutes, tops, to master. People get so work up over it and go into HR missions with people and start to fuck over all the other blademasters, unless they are also long sword, with all the side sweep attacks disabling them and, a lot of times, getting them hit since they can't move. This can easily be solved by not having any LS with you or making sure the person understands how badly LS can rock your team and not the monster. LS are far from the best weapon in this game, more like, a middle of the road.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, I swear, the Area 9 cave in the Old Jungle has to be the worst designed place in the history of video games. Awkwardly shaped, horrible camera, disorienting water...that place made fighting the HR Khezu more of a pain than it needed to be.

Luigiv

Holly shit I just got 3 giant beaks from the trapped by kut-ku quest (Carved 2 off the one blue kut-ku and got one as a reward). Not only that but I some how managed to avoid fainting, whilst fighting both in the same area* with only 75% health (damn you kitchen felynes!).

Ok, ok I was exaggerating a bit here, the blue kut-ku had already folded it's ears back by the time the regular kut-ku joined us :lol.

2nkjg9c.jpg

Dammit! Yesterday was trying to kill one, yes, ONE fuckin black gravios lvl G to get 2 Hvy scales and the thing just kept doing the hyperbeam and pretty much killed me or any of others in 1 hit while in rage... oh god, what a terrible night... I probably tried like 10 times and I was really frustated

any recomendations?

robox

tiltnkirby said:
As for Lao, if you want an easy Lao kill with time to spare, you will require the following:
  • A powerful hammer
  • Adrenaline armor set
  • Whetstones
Extra items include:

• Sharpsword/sharpen inc/Sharpness+1
  • Power seeds, I guess
  • Potions
  • Mega juices never hurt
  • Something to watch as you hammer him
  • Maybe something to eat
  • ~30 minutes of free time

Get yourself to 40% of your max hp with bombs, then use a small bomb to get rid of all the red hp. Hammer his belly over and over, he'll only slam the ground quick, resulting in 2-3 hp damage every time, avoid attacking the legs, as he'll collapse doing a lot more damage, it's safe to say it'll killing you with less then 40% hp, so don't do it. Other then that, just keep hammering at him and you might as well super pound his head when it comes into the zone, not like you got anything else to do.

i'd suggest farcaster too (and materials and books to make more), unless you can avoid the tail perfectly while retreating. to me, that's really his only attack and it hurts. triple pounding seems to do damage at a higher rate compared to superpound, so i skimp on the mega juices would be. plus making mega juices requires farming gypceros, i think...

Yeah, been doing elder cat quests with grav and the beams are the biggest bitch.
i don't usually get hit by the beam much. you can super dive through it. it's the orange gas that annoys the hell outta me. orange gas attack negates what little opening he has for attacking his chest.

r - b - x said:
i'd suggest farcaster too (and materials and books to make more), unless you can avoid the tail perfectly while retreating. to me, that's really his only attack and it hurts. triple pounding seems to do damage at a higher rate compared to superpound, so i skimp on the mega juices would be. plus making mega juices requires farming gypceros, i think...

i don't usually get hit by the beam much. you can super dive through it. it's the orange gas that annoys the hell outta me. orange gas attack negates what little opening he has for attacking his chest.

sotodefonk said:
Dammit! Yesterday was trying to kill one, yes, ONE fuckin black gravios lvl G to get 2 Hvy scales and the thing just kept doing the hyperbeam and pretty much killed me or any of others in 1 hit while in rage... oh god, what a terrible night... I probably tried like 10 times and I was really frustated

any recomendations?

Lao
The tail, you could only ever be hit by that if you decide to do it blind folded, even if you think it's not, just take a bit of time to watch the tail, and in case that failed to work, a few things to watch for:

I'm having a hard time explaining this one without getting people confused so just work with me.

Lets start with saying, from where you are looking, you are on the right side of the path way, on Lao's left side trying to run away. As you look at the tail it fully reached the right side wall, it will swing to the other side, but once it comes back to hit the right side wall again it will not reach it fully, more like 75% of the way, then back to the left side then back to the right wall fully reaching the wall again.

It's like this: Long sweep->Short->Long

Once you see the tail fully reach the wall you are next to, run while close to the wall and you'll be out in time. Just make sure you don't run it with little stamina left, that's just asking for it.

Yes the triple does do more damage, a lot more damage, it'll be the only thing you do for about 20~25 minutes on him, the juices are for running away from his tail so you don't need to worry about eating/stamina and just make life easier, but no where near required.

Black Gravios
Yes you can indeed super dive through, but the problem being if you see it coming from that far away, a simple dash to the sides fixes that, the main problem is with the beam's gas attack after and combos that into a beam attack and another beam after that, you are pretty much dead if caught by that gas attack.

The only thing I found useful is using a hammer and super pounding his leg or chest after a beam, you'll have to watch for signs of the gas attack, but if you see none, go for the pound. Don't try to triple pound unless you got a ton of free time on him, which will almost be never.

Maybe try a bow with HGE or a water SnS or a gunlance and spam shells or a guard inc set.

oracrest

sotodefonk said:
2nkjg9c.jpg

any recomendations?

ESP works wonders on black Grav, just bring a lot of whetstones with you, cause you'll be sharpening a lot. Also, when he does his orange gas spray, you can still attack the hand on his wing and not get hit.

tiltnkirby said:
Black Gravios
Yes you can indeed super dive through, but the problem being if you see it coming from that far away, a simple dash to the sides fixes that, the main problem is with the beam's gas attack after and combos that into a beam attack and another beam after that, you are pretty much dead if caught by that gas attack.

The only thing I found useful is using a hammer and super pounding his leg or chest after a beam, you'll have to watch for signs of the gas attack, but if you see none, go for the pound. Don't try to triple pound unless you got a ton of free time on him, which will almost be never.

Maybe try a bow with HGE or a water SnS or a gunlance and spam shells or a guard inc set.

So a lance / gunlance with guard inc and guard +2 can block the beam?

I tried with bow and gunlance, havent triewd hammer though, the thing is knowing when the beam is comming is easy, but, one simple mistake and he will kill you in one hit... several time We made a lot of progress, using arrow, but somehow always someone fucked up (or me :lol )

Can I solo it with hammer? Maybe I go for that one...

oracrest said:
ESP works wonders on black Grav, just bring a lot of whetstones with you, cause you'll be sharpening a lot. Also, when he does his orange gas spray, you can still attack the hand on his wing and not get hit.

Can't believe I forgot to put that in.

sotodefonk said:
So a lance / gunlance with guard inc and guard +2 can block the beam?

I tried with bow and gunlance, havent triewd hammer though, the thing is knowing when the beam is comming is easy, but, one simple mistake and he will kill you in one hit... several time We made a lot of progress, using arrow, but somehow always someone fucked up (or me :lol )

Can I solo it with hammer? Maybe I go for that one...

Guard inc makes all guard breaking attacks blockable now.

You can solo him with a hammer, I just hope you don't run out of time with all the waiting as you get use to him with a hammer.

tiltnkirby said:
Guard inc makes all guard breaking attacks blockable now.

You can solo him with a hammer, I just hope you don't run out of time with all the waiting as you get use to him with a hammer.

Time to get a guard inc set with fire resistance... also I guess hammer doesnt reach the wing... Gonna try this night again :) hopefully I will success :p

robox

didn't know about lao shan's long-short-long tail swinging pattern. never paid attention to it. the thing about running along the wall is that the camera kinda goes crazy. though if you know that pattern, you won't really need it. still kind of a boring fighting aside from trying to escape from the tail. although i'm needing a laoshan heavenly...

Does anyone know how to make the granny to sell raw meat? I seen people talking about it online but my granny doesnt sell them... even people buying honey with her...

Anyone knows what i have to do?

NomarTyme

sotodefonk said:
Does anyone know how to make the granny to sell raw meat? I seen people talking about it online but my granny doesnt sell them... even people buying honey with her...

Anyone knows what i have to do?
You can't buy honey. Anyways is long ass wait when I get the raw meat, but when I do I stock up.

NomarTyme said:
You can't buy honey. Anyways is long ass wait when I get the raw meat, but when I do I stock up.

but seaching on google, they said yopu have to download some update from teh online content, and then import the save to MHFU... its that true? I guess im fucked :S

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
sotodefonk said:
but seaching on google, they said yopu have to download some update from teh online content, and then import the save to MHFU... its that true? I guess im fucked :S

See, the deal with this is that the Granny selling Raw Meat was DLC in MHF2, but isn't available in MHFU yet. However you can still get it by importing a save from MHF2 that has it. And the best thing is that it applies to ALL characters, not just the one you transfer from MHF2. So what you do is go find a MHF2 save that has the Raw Meat, import it over into MHFU, then just leave it there and play your character as normal.

Seraphis Cain said:
See, the deal with this is that the Granny selling Raw Meat was DLC in MHF2, but isn't available in MHFU yet. However you can still get it by importing a save from MHF2 that has it. And the best thing is that it applies to ALL characters, not just the one you transfer from MHF2. So what you do is go find a MHF2 save that has the Raw Meat, import it over into MHFU, then just leave it there and play your character as normal.

gonna look for a save then :p thansk for the info

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
tiltnkirby said:
As for the noob weapon. It's a great newbie weapon and will take no longer then five minutes, tops, to master. People get so work up over it and go into HR missions with people and start to fuck over all the other blademasters, unless they are also long sword, with all the side sweep attacks disabling them and, a lot of times, getting them hit since they can't move. This can easily be solved by not having any LS with you or making sure the person understands how badly LS can rock your team and not the monster. LS are far from the best weapon in this game, more like, a middle of the road.
5 minutes to master? It takes just as long as your average weapon to master. You have to know when to just back swing/double side swing. Don't get greedy with the combo's and when to save your spirit gauge. As long as you know how to use it, you wont disable your team. It is actually much more complex than say, a GS since it has a many more possible combo's.

No weapon in the game is the best, and its all a matter of how comfortable you are with the weapon. There are advantages when it comes to damage output, and element numbers, but nothing that renders one weapon type much worse off. If you've hunted with a good LS user, you wont see them getting hit a lot, thanks to the back swing and mobility the LS gives the player.

FootNinja said:
5 minutes to master? It takes just as long as your average weapon to master. You have to know when to just back swing/double side swing. Don't get greedy with the combo's and when to save your spirit gauge. As long as you know how to use it, you wont disable your team. It is actually much more complex than say, a GS since it has a many more possible combo's.

No weapon in the game is the best, and its all a matter of how comfortable you are with the weapon. There are advantages when it comes to damage output, and element numbers, but nothing that renders one weapon type much worse off. If you've hunted with a good LS user, you wont see them getting hit a lot, thanks to the back swing and mobility the LS gives the player.

Takes 5 minutes. I, shit, you, not. You almost make LS sound like this complex monster, but it's not and it shouldn't be. Nothing wrong with a weapon being easy to learn and master.

After rewriting this part over and over and every one of them looked like it could start a "weapon 'A'>wepaon 'B' " argument. So, I'll just say that, LS has it's place in the world and comes with it's share of problems and rewards.

If I have? What makes you think I have not hunted with one? To be fair, I know you didn't write that to be mean, I'll just say that I've seen the whole spectrum of players, from bad to good and with all the different weapon. I have indeed played with some bad, really bad and some good LS users.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4gQtM71Es

Just took a quick video of myself taking on the 3* Elder Kut-Ku with a GS. I know that's a fairly low quest for someone as far along as I am, but I wanted something I could complete quickly so it didn't go over YouTube's maximum video length. And it was mainly meant as a test of my PSP capture/upload abilities.

Seraphis Cain said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4gQtM71Es

Just took a quick video of myself taking on the 3* Elder Kut-Ku with a GS. I know that's a fairly low quest for someone as far along as I am, but I wanted something I could complete quickly so it didn't go over YouTube's maximum video length. And it was mainly meant as a test of my PSP capture/upload abilities.

the quality looks good, but please correct the aspect ratio :/ it looks really bad that way

depward

After bitching about it for weeks, decided to really sit down and try to kill Tigrex today. I've lost to him maybe 15 times now? In any case, having a sick day I guess helped (?) me, because I finally killed the bastard along with slaying my first gravios to get the mats needed to upgrade to an Anvil Hammer. Heck YEAH!

kruskev

I am currently on elder 4* and getting quite bored with LS, I tried using Gunlance for some solo training missions and it is so much fun. I have the full kut ku set, with bunch of attack dec in them. What should I get to pair up with the gunlance also which gunlance should i pick up?

kruskev said:
I am currently on elder 4* and getting quite bored with LS, I tried using Gunlance for some solo training missions and it is so much fun. I have the full kut ku set, with bunch of attack dec in them. What should I get to pair up with the gunlance also which gunlance should i pick up?

For gunlance is nice to look after guard inc or guard +1 or +2 or both :p.

With Guard Inc you will be able to block attacks that you normally can't, like gravios beam or poison gas. And with guard +1 or +2, your block will let you spend less stamina with a successfull block, and you will have less push back when blocking.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
tiltnkirby said:
Takes 5 minutes. I, shit, you, not. You almost make LS sound like this complex monster, but it's not and it shouldn't be. Nothing wrong with a weapon being easy to learn and master.

After rewriting this part over and over and every one of them looked like it could start a "weapon 'A'>wepaon 'B' " argument. So, I'll just say that, LS has it's place in the world and comes with it's share of problems and rewards.

If I have? What makes you think I have not hunted with one? To be fair, I know you didn't write that to be mean, I'll just say that I've seen the whole spectrum of players, from bad to good and with all the different weapon. I have indeed played with some bad, really bad and some good LS users.
Well you implied that questing with LS users can be risky. If the LS user knows what they are doing, that is not the case. This led to me questioning the people you hunt with. I think the LS might be one of the least popular weapons among pro's because people feel that the hammer/GS/DS are simply better for damage output. Some also feel that if your going to go with a no block melee weapon DS/hammer outclass it. This means you don't see a lot of people with skill using the LS, but it doesn't mean there aren't people who know how to play using it.

The whole 5 minute's to master thing is simply wrong though.

Top Bottom