• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS promises to bring more first party games to PC

Talamius

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.
*snipped list*

This really should go in the OP. People who haven't been around as long need to know why PC gamers tend to look at Microsoft and laugh when the newest "We <3 PC Gaming!!" statement comes out.

Almighty

Let's not get crazy here Microsoft. You already did PC gamers I huge solid by killing off GFWL. You left on a high note let's not sully that by supporting the PC now. Just stick to your console box and leave PC gaming to those who have shown they understand it.

The Cowboy

If they want to make a GFWL 2.0 (but decent) and release games for it, or make them Windows 8 exclusive, or even Windows store exclusive - no issues at all for me.

Do I think they'll actually bring over proper 1st party games - nope.

How many people here would spend money on a game tied to a MS Windows system? Whether that was GFWL, Windows 8 store, or anything else. How long would you expect those games to be available and working?

Zimbardo

i'll believe it when i see the newest Xbox exclusives, Halo games, Gears of War series, etc., with Steamworks.

i'll believe they're serious at that point.

Biker19

Banned
Hmm maybe I don't need an xbox one...

Agreed. What would be the point of buying the console if you're gonna put your 1st party games on PC, too? That'll just leave the console with 3rd party multiplats, & most of them will be more superior on PS4.

Great news. GFWL worked well for me, my favorite PC DD platform. Hopefully they'll put more resources into it this time so people don't get as many bugs.

Great news. GFWL worked well for me, my favorite PC DD platform.

216.gif

Durante

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.
Thanks for gathering all of these. I see that my 4-5 empty promises estimate was in fact an understatement.

Are you as legit shook as I am?

As others have already brought up, this is another empty promise from a company that has proven for years that they have no fucking clue about PC gaming nor any intention of actually throwing support behind it. If you need any current proof of that, take a look at Zoo Tycoon on PC.

Grief.exe

Remove GFWL from Halo 2, Gears of War, and Viva Pinata, put all 3 on Steam along with the rest of the Halo Trilogy.

I wouldn't go so far to say that everything has been forgiven. You don't just get to walk out of screwing PC gamers over for a decade, but they would be on the right path.

Are you as legit shook as I am?

As others have already brought up, this is another empty promise from a company that has proven for years that they have no fucking clue about PC gaming nor any intention of actually throwing support behind it. If you need any current proof of that, take a look at Zoo Tycoon on PC.

Heavy is weird, just ignore it. Don't try to argue logically either, won't work.

DeaviL

Banned
There is no GFWL2.0 folks,
Xbox Games is already an app on Win8 and so is the Win store.

Welcome to the actual GFWL: Windows 8.

Demon Ice

Banned
This just makes me worried they'll be slapping a bullshit Windows 8 requirement on them all.

Halo 2 and 3 on Steam would be great though.

Plus it'd be nice for them to put the rest of the Gears trilogy on PC but I'm not holding my breath.

nacimento

While it's certainly bullshit, I'd buy Ryse or Quantum Break on PC. At least they're are better than Sony in that topic, even if still bad.
But then again, they killed Ensemble.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
so less xbone exclusives

Ogimachi

I remember MS saying something similar ~2 years ago and then announcing Flight and Age of Empires F2P. If that and Halo Spartan Assault is what they have in mind, I'll gladly pass.

SparkTR

They are publishing a new AoE2 expansion and likely some Halo games on PC. Though to be honest the only thing I kind of want from them is Remedy's new game, they don't have much else that's compelling to me.

diaspora

Oh, clever you.

I think there's a lot of PC gamers who would appreciate the likes of Forza though, along with the upcoming stuff like Quantum Break etc. But it's pretty obvious that MS's intention is that you'll buy these from the new Windows store.

So they're doing a similar thing as Valve having their games sold just through Steam.

If they really cared, they would release it DRM free.

Yup. Same goes for Valve.

Don't expect big first party titles like Forza 5.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79...r-to-traditional-desktop-pc-gamers-with-first

Probably smaller games you can play across all Win 8 devices.

This needs to be reposted. Microsoft have stated the Windows 8 games they are making range "from very, very casual games, like our very much improved and reimagined Solitaire, all the way to graphically complicated games like The Harvest."

When asked if we can hope for AAA games such as Gears of War they responded that the games are going to be "connected experiences across [...] [the] family of devices where we've got Xbox Live, like Windows Phone and Windows 8," instead of "traditional desktop PC game".

Heavy is weird, just ignore it. Don't try to argue logically either, won't work.

Oh I know, he's the creator of legit shook.

While it's certainly bullshit, I'd buy Ryse or Quantum Break on PC. At least they're are better than Sony in that topic, even if still bad.
But then again, they killed Ensemble.

I disagree. Sony and Nintendo are consistent and concise with their policies, so you know you'll need their systems to play their games (excluding SOE of course). That's far, far better than Microsoft's wishy-washy support, where you have no clue where things will fall.

tino

Banned

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

This is the best face palm post I have seen on GAF.

The only good memory out of these years is GFW Radio.

I get that they are trying to unify all their platforms XB/PC/Win Phone and let them interact. I just hope they do not try and make their PC games more restrictive. I think cross play between PC and XB1 would be interesting.

I love NeoGAF.

Nokterian

Can't be quoted enough excellent work and showing why it is wrong on there end also lack luster on the whole pc gaming and it shows why MS needs to stay away from pc gaming.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Killer Instinct on PC?
HAHAHA Yeah that's not happening. Microsoft supports the borg/themselves.
Isn't the game already running on PC?

I don't really see MS supporting the PC unless the XB1 runs out of gas halfway through the console generation.

Top Bottom