• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mutant Mudds |OT|

Damn it!!!!!!! I have 8$ on my balance... Will have to get another 20$ card online since Nintendo doesn't take my f***ing credit card!!!!!

GeekyDad

Woah, woah, woah...nobody mentioned this:

"V-Land's reddish hue is obviously influenced by Nintendo's Virtual Boy system, while G-Land is an ode to Nintendo great Gunpei Yokoi and features a monochromatic color scheme somewhat reminiscent of the Game Boy."

-NintendoLife

Seems, you've been keeping at least a couple goodies under wraps. Nice...

Boney

Banned
Saying anything is better than NSMBWii is just bananas.

Someone made the comparison to Gargoyle's Quest at some point and now I can't unsee it. It seriously seems like a cutesy inoffensive take on Gargoyle's Quest to me now.

Now that you mention this, there really is a comparison to be made.

I was wondering if perhaps he was like me and tried to use a non-US card on the US eShop.

The workaround is to set the region to Brazil.

How are the prices represented in Brazil? What about tax? Cause I can't use CC here either.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just realized again what a bitch region-lock is....no Monster Hunter Tri G and Mutant Mudds for me just because of it. Urgh.... but since i have exams right now, it isnt that bad.

eXistor

Good stuffs. I saw the trailer in the eShop a few days ago and was sold on the spot. I do remember something about the game from a long time ago. Good to see it's finally getting a release.

Because I live in Venezuela. I used to buy points on the Wii Shop without any problems but with the 3DS it's a no go.

I'll try changing the e-shop region like you suggested, I have set it to NA since we don't have the e-shop available here. Hopefully it will work.

EDIT:
So, if I change regions I "lose" my current Balance... seems like I'm screwed anyway. I might try to switch regions if/when my balance hits 0$ :(

joolswatsham

Neo Member
Woah, woah, woah...nobody mentioned this:

"V-Land's reddish hue is obviously influenced by Nintendo's Virtual Boy system, while G-Land is an ode to Nintendo great Gunpei Yokoi and features a monochromatic color scheme somewhat reminiscent of the Game Boy."

-NintendoLife

Seems, you've been keeping at least a couple goodies under wraps. Nice...

MM_Screenshot20.jpg

MM_Screenshot21.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Because I live in Venezuela. I used to buy points on the Wii Shop without any problems but with the 3DS it's a no go.

I'll try changing the e-shop region like you suggested, I have set it to NA since we don't have the e-shop available here. Hopefully it will work.

EDIT:
So, if I change regions I "lose" my current Balance... seems like I'm screwed anyway. I might try to switch regions if/when my balance hits 0$ :(

If you switch regions back later your credit will still be there.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I've been getting some kind of new gen Blaster Master vibe from everything I've seen of this game.

I wants it.

If you switch regions back later your credit will still be there.

I know, it just sucks that I'm still going to have to pay full price for the game, while having credit on my account.

I guess it's better to pay 9$ for this and still have 8$ on my US account than to just keep adding more unused funds.

Kifimbo

Are you playing the game? Impressions please!

Yes. So far so good, but I'm not as impressed as the reviews above (probably an 8/10, subject to change). Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe because it's a bit repetitive (so far), or because some deaths are "cheap", e.g. you can't see some monsters/obstacles/spikes on the screen until it's too late. And the last level I played was a lot harder than the previous 15. Don't know how I'll have enought time to collect these 100 diamonds.

watershed

Banned
Yes. So far so good, but I'm not as impressed as the reviews above (probably an 8/10, subject to change). Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe because it's a bit repetitive (so far), or because some deaths are "cheap", e.g. you can't see some monsters/obstacles/spikes on the screen until it's too late. And the last level I played was a lot harder than the previous 15. Don't know how I'll have enought time to collect these 100 diamonds.

Thanks, the early reviews have a lot of hyperbole which is to be expected but it still looks really good. I was worried about the game being too easy and now I'm worried it getting too hard too quickly.

Kifimbo

Thanks, the early reviews have a lot of hyperbole which is to be expected but it still looks really good. I was worried about the game being too easy and now I'm worried it getting too hard too quickly.

It's not too hard too quickly (unless you enter those Game Boy/Virtual Boy levels right away). I thought the learning curve was almost perfect, maybe a tad easy if you're a good player, and suddenly I spent about 30 minutes on one stage. And I had to avoid collecting diamonds in order to finish it before the timer ran out. Maybe I just suck.

Anyway, the game is good, I still wonder how long it'll last. Betweew 5-7 hours is my estimate, but if the last half of the game is like that last stage I played, probably more.

Top Bottom