• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

The show is made by Lauren Faust. Could you expect something less than entertaining? I'm so amazed they took such a dead weight license that streamlines to only one audience and turned it into something genuinely entertaining for any demographic to watch.

Kids, parents, boys or girls.

I've spotted gags referencing the olsen twins slowed down pizza party, benny hill, derped eyes, feinting goats, and all sorts of things in this and they're always well timed and unexpected.

I particularly thought the intro of Sonic Rainboom was hilarious as well as Rainbow dash having a panic attack so bad that she was found curled up in a fetal position and nearly going into shock.

Great stuff. Have a watch and see if you find anything funny. I know I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BGU4xPNeeQ&feature=related

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
shaowebb said:
The show is made by Lauren Faust. Could you expect something less than entertaining? I'm so amazed they took such a dead weight license that streamlines to only one audience and turned it into something genuinely entertaining for any demographic to watch.

Kids, parents, boys or girls.

I've spotted gags referencing the olsen twins slowed down pizza party, benny hill, derped eyes, feinting goats, and all sorts of things in this and they're always well timed and unexpected.

I particularly thought the intro of Sonic Rainboom was hilarious as well as Rainbow dash having a panic attack so bad that she was found curled up in a fetal position and nearly going into shock.

Great stuff. Have a watch and see if you find anything funny. I know I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BGU4xPNeeQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0HmBWkcCCg#t=0m58s

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
shaowebb said:
Hey everybody just thought I'd stop by and announce my custom Arcade stick is done!

2r27lnp.jpg

360 Gamertag: Dynasty Penguin

My parts store was all out of them thar' pretty lil' pink buttons n' sticks but I'll post as soon as I find them lil cutey babies!
Awesome outfit there.

I was thinking about doing a Selena Gomez skin for my stick, but I might switch over.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
DuckRacer said:
derped eyes references, hallmark for a quality show!

More like an animation error that internet loved so much that they decided to make it a background recurring character.

daffy

Banned
This thread reads like a parody. I like the show and all, but some of you can not be serious. The "no one must know my secret" picture is so me. I had to go to the very top floor and sit against a wall to make sure no one found out.

Jintor

FTH said:
This thread reads like a parody. I like the show and all, but some of you can not be serious. The "no one must know my secret" picture is so me. I had to go to the very top floor and sit against a wall to make sure no one found out.

I was hoping on the basis that nobody's trolling the visual novel thread that this would go un-trolled but alas, this is not true

Songbird

Prodigal Son
FTH said:
Check the top viewer demographics on YouTube from some pages back. The fanbase is almost entirely men and it's weird. Cliquey too, with "bronies."

Belfast

Thnikkaman said:
Check the top viewer demographics on YouTube from some pages back. The fanbase is almost entirely men and it's weird. Cliquey too, with "bronies."

Yeah, the fanbase on YOUTUBE. You are aware this airs on regular television correct?

El Sloth

Banned
Thread has been a great, if at times strange, read. Thanks for the laughs Pony-GAF.

I would also like to commend Jenga for his masterful trolling. Well done, sir.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Belfast said:
Yeah, the fanbase on YOUTUBE. You are aware this airs on regular television correct?
It's precisely that, the internet fandom. Looking back on Something Awful and /co/ banishing the bronies just backs up how I feel about this. The show is for kids, grown men on the internet making this show almost a religion is creeeeeepy.

At least they should bottle up their insecurities and be joyless misers like myself!

DarciisFyer said:
Who could hate MLP/Dr. Horrible crossovers?

No wait, don't answer that.
MLP combined with Joss Whedon and Peter Jackson? I will try very hard not answer that question.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:

I really LOL'ed at this, awesome stuff.

In other news, someone declared today, March 1st, to be Derpy Day. Feel free to commemorate by eating muffins and giving yourself the official Derpy Occular Salute: 9_6

Regulus Tera said:
The Ticket Master: omg fluttershy is so cuuuute

Less epic and more hijinx is for the betterment of this show.

Are you watching them in order? If so, you're in for a treat. :)

Dialogue highlights of that episode:

Rarity: "He would ask for my hoof in marriage... and of course I would say, YESSSS!"

Fluttershy: "Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz!"

Twilight: "QUIEEEEEEEEEET!"
Pinkie: "... and then I said, 'oatmeal, are you craz-'... oh."

Twilight: "You're not doing this for the ticket, are you?"
Fluttershy: "Oh, no! I'm doing this because you're my very best friend. Right, Angel?"
Angel: *stares sternly at Fluttershy"
Fluttershy: "Oh... Yes. We are just doing this for the ticket."

I'm not in a position where I can search at the moment, but if anyone can post a link to the theme tune download I'd be very grateful.

I'd like to have it as my phone ringtone.

Uchip

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
I'm not in a position where I can search at the moment, but if anyone can post a link to the theme tune download I'd be very grateful.

I'd like to have it as my phone ringtone.

you must really not mind getting funny looks from people

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regulus Tera said:
The Ticket Master: omg fluttershy is so cuuuute

Less epic and more hijinx is for the betterment of this show.

Yeah. It's my favorite episode too.

Chuckie

Celsior said:
This thread has gotten like 5000 times more creepy then when I originally posted.

Yeah, Gomez-Gaf has nothing on Pony-Gaf.

I am amazed that so many males here like cutesy colorful ponies. These things used to be the girliest of girliest toys/cartoons ever (back in the eighties). What has changed?

Maybe I should just watch an episode. There must be something I am missing.

Celsior said:
This thread has gotten like 5000 times more creepy then when I originally posted.

They couldn't be satisfied just having a casual interest in a kids show and talking about it. They had to go and make it weird.

Why.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Master Milk said:
It'd be really nice if you went easy on the giant pictures, especially when the post you're quoting leaves the image tags out.

Yeah, you got the words out of my keyboard. I go out of my way not to seem obnoxious posting giant-sized pictures, only to have someone who is quoting me do it. Do try to avoid it, Stallion, as awesome as the pics may be. The haters already have enough troll-fuel as it is. Thank you for your understanding.

And now, for something a little different.

DO NOT click the following link if you haven't seen episode 1.6, "Boast Busters". It will make no sense to you and possibly spoil your viewing experience. Go and watch that episode, then come back.

If you HAVE seen that episode, go ahead and click it. It's a picture. Look at it, read the captions (even though the writing is a tad small). Let it sink in.

Even though it is just a fan theory, I personally guarantee that:
- Bricks will be shat.
- Your world will be rocked.
- If your heart is not made of solid adamantium, you will probably cry like a baby.
- You WILL be ashamed at yourself.

Here it is.

Tence said:
Maybe I should just watch an episode. There must be something I am missing.

Do it, why not? At the very least, you'll be in on the phenomenon, even if you don't appreciate it. But do try to let go of your preconceptions before diving in.

Foxix Von

El Sloth said:
Thread has been a great, if at times strange, read. Thanks for the laughs Pony-GAF.

I would also like to commend Jenga for his masterful trolling. Well done, sir.

I think if you read through the entire thread you can actually watch my sanity devolve into the blathering pony macro posting state its become. I don't understand how people think pony-gaf is worse than pedo-gaf though, I don't think anyone has implied any kind of attraction to the ponies. It's just normal fandom so far as I can tell... if at times a little on the foamy mouth side of fandom.

Anyway since people seemed to like the first batch of avatars, and since we have these new juniors, I took some gifs I had lying around and cropped them and removed frames til they fit the gaf constraints. As always, feel free to abuse:

rkdTq.gif
82Ydn.gif
3vg4l.gif

9HJGY.gif
XKhd6.gif
gHCiK.gif

01TS5.gif
6alMq.gif
VSLUR.gif

Koomaster

Myke Greywolf said:
Fluttershy: "Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz!"
Laughed out loud at this part when I watched it.

Decided to join in the bronies avatar club; but I couldn't choose just one. Love all the ponies in different ways! ^____^

Foxix Von

Dai101 said:
Well, we had a good run

I for one welcome or new pony overlords

hWtoo.jpg

I suppose with us around you don't have too feel so bad now? Bah I'm sure something even nerdier will rear it's head in a few months and GAF will have a new thing to hate on. And when that happens I'll have 50 avatars ready for the inevitable Strawberry Shortcake-GAF.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Foxix said:
I suppose with us around you don't have too feel so bad now? Bah I'm sure something even nerdier will rear it's head in a few months and GAF will have a new thing to hate on. And when that happens I'll have 50 avatars ready for the inevitable Strawberry Shortcake-GAF.

Man, I know many people will say that I don't have any business saying this, but the current Strawberry Shortcake revival IS crappy.

Foxix said:
Anyway since people seemed to like the first batch of avatars, and since we have these new juniors, I took some gifs I had lying around and cropped them and removed frames til they fit the gaf constraints. As always, feel free to abuse:

Excellent job with the avatars, Foxix. I'm tempted, but douchy Trixie is too good (and perfect for the occasion) to drop (for now).

I Am Now

Banned
Foxix said:
I think if you read through the entire thread you can actually watch my sanity devolve into the blathering pony macro posting state its become. I don't understand how people think pony-gaf is worse than pedo-gaf though, I don't think anyone has implied any kind of attraction to the ponies. It's just normal fandom so far as I can tell... if at times a little on the foamy mouth side of fandom.

rkdTq.gif
82Ydn.gif
3vg4l.gif

9HJGY.gif
XKhd6.gif
gHCiK.gif

01TS5.gif
6alMq.gif
VSLUR.gif
Bravo, sir.

Foxix Von

Haha awesome, Facebook link to Derpy Hooves day: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133497590052358&index=1

Happy Derpy day everyone!

The rules for the day:

March 1st is Derpy Day!
Be sure to remember the observances of this most Pony of Hoofidays.

-Muffins. At least one must be consumed by days end, lest Pinkie's tail twitch for you.
-The Muffin shaped cake is fine even if you are not Orthodox Derpy.
-An article must be moved from one area of the house and placed in the wrong one for the entire Hoofiday.
-Letters must be hoof written and delivered to those you love within delivery distance. E-mails have now been recognized for those too far for this observance.
At least try to deliver one RL letter.
The Letters are to be about why you love them or are thankful they are your friend. (Bonus writing a loving friendship letter to an enemy.)
-Anytime a picture of you is taken or you see yourself in a mirror, you must give the traditional Derpy Occular salute. 9_6

Be well and Happy DERPY DAY!

(Other observances are always being created by the vast and diverse Pony culture. Post them if you got em!)

Basically it's just an excuse to have a muffin and lose something around the house. Looks like I celebrate this holiday on a weekly basis.

so I watched a few episodes on youtube...

cute show! I'd much rather put this on for my nieces than Dora. I think I'll dvr it.

markatisu

afternoon delight said:
Okay, that's just categorically wrong. This is make believe, and animated.

Just found my new favorite cross over! (Thank you google.)

hayabusa-pony.jpg

halo-my-little-pony.jpg

You should see some of these custom ponies in person, my wife goes to the annual MLP Convention which Hasbro sponsors and there are some sick Marvel and DC ponies

Also to those who question their manhood, even in the 80's iteration the cartoon feature male ponies. They even had toys (under the Big Brothers line), they are really expensive ass to buy so feel good that male = expensive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom