• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My xbox one controllers face buttons have no give

Ashtar

So with the "Best line up in Xbox history" I've actually been playing xbox this fall and my second controller (blue midnight)
f9bafe8d-b797-4e88-ba47-e490695d4c43.jpg
face buttons have barely any give, I've owned the controller for a year and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if this was present before.
To give more insight into what's happening basically it's like you press button and it's extremely stiff to the point where it seems to not register at times.
"Luckily" there aren't a ton of co-op games to play so it's rarely an issue because I have my main all black controller.
At this point I'm considering doing an open surgery to see if I can fix it.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with xbox one controllers?
Edit actually it's only the bottom face buttons (A and B) that have no give

Ashtar

I've never experienced this problem. Maybe I naturally push buttons harder?
What i tried to express in the OP is that the buttons weren't always this way, when I bought the system a year ago it was completely normal, also the X and Y buttons work fine so I think something must have happened to make it stop working correctly but i have no idea what could have happened

Shin-chan

I find this issue with all Xbox controllers since the first one. The face buttons are too stiff. When you're playing Ninja Gaiden or any action game the controllers are really uncomfortable compared to Nintendo and Playstation pads.

And playing Dark Souls with an Xbone controller is just discomfort all around.

Banned
What i tried to express in the OP is that the buttons weren't always this way, when I bought the system a year ago it was completely normal, also the X and Y buttons work fine so I think something must have happened to make it stop working correctly but i have no idea what could have happened
Hmmm, I highly doubt all the buttons got harder to push all of a sudden. I can understand one but not all four face buttons. I'm using the new one with the built in 3.5mm jack and softer shoulder buttons and the face buttons feel great.

SRTtoZ

Is this one of the new 3.5mm jack controllers with improved shoulder buttons? If so ive had some pretty shit luck with those controllers so far and I'm on my 3rd one because of a dpad that doesn't respond sometimes. I also googled the issue and it seems to be somewhat common in the new controllers.

JeffG

So with the "Best line up in Xbox history" I've actually been playing xbox this fall and my second controller (blue midnight)

face buttons have barely any give, I've owned the controller for a year and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if this was present before.
To give more insight into what's happening basically it's like you press button and it's extremely stiff to the point where it seems to not register at times.
"Luckily" there aren't a ton of co-op games to play so it's rarely an issue because I have my main all black controller.
At this point I'm considering doing an open surgery to see if I can fix it.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with xbox one controllers?
Edit actually it's only the bottom face buttons (A and B) that have no give

My 360 controller did the same thing. Just open it up and clean it.

Ashtar

Sounds like the membrane under the buttons could be defective. Or possibly the buttons are poorly molded.

microsoft-xbox-one-controller-replacement-action-button-internal-conductive-rubber-original-6496-p_4.jpg

good call friend, now that i think about it I did drop the controller and it came apart and part of the controller came apart now let me crack this bad boy open

Top Bottom