• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NA) June PSN Flash Sale Incoming 6/24-6/27 - Telltale Games, Mad Max, more

Or you could wait a month and get the remaster for PS4. PS3 versions really aren't all that, specially city.
Oops, sorry I didn't specify. I meant Arkham Knight. All other bat and have gone plus so maybe by pure luck this one goes too eventually. Already beat so I can wait :)
Edit: bought steins, mad max and michonne

RPGCrazied

Oops, sorry I didn't specify. I meant Arkham Knight. All other bat and have gone plus so maybe by pure luck this one goes too eventually. Already beat so I can wait :)
Edit: bought steins, mad max and michonne

Oh, Arkham Knight is a good game, except the enormous amounts of tank fights. And one driving section I raged at. That said its not as bad as some make it.

Don't see anything in the OT for it, but is anyone here that was brave enough to buy Lichdom Battlemage? Anyone know of it has gotten any better than it was at launch?

I want the game so bad, and I can tolerate low fps pretty well, but seeing how it runs on a PC from videos makes me long to play it regardless. It just looks so badass when it's nice and smooth.

HotHamBoy

Ok, so if I played 999 YEARS ago, and only played through to one bad ending, no replays, am I still good to go with VLR? I don't really want to replay 999.

Mad Max seems like a much more polished and meaty game than I perceived it to be. Makes a good first impression after about a hour. I'd say pull the trigger if you're on the fence and are already predisposed to like this type of game like I do.

It also makes me want to watch Fury Road yet again even though I already watched it a few days ago on UHD.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hate for tank battles in Batman is overblown. although the alternate tank controls should have been the default. oh and the boss fights near the end sucked too lol

Even if you have no knowledge about borderlands ?

i enjoyed the game enough without being familiar with any borderlands game. i'm not as high on it as others in this thread though. still think its below Walking Dead and Wolf. although part of it could be it came after those games i'm tired of all the old ass engine they've been reusing.

Dierce

Even if you have no knowledge about borderlands ?
I've personally never finished a Bordelands game but I understood the story well enough. It works well as a stand alone since it doesn't seem to fit into a continuity although some of the same characters are still present I believe.

Camjo-Z

Grabbed Lego Jurassic World and Batman: Arkham Knight, can't wait for them to finish downloading five days from now.

W-00

I suppose I should finally get Steins;Gate.

After that, I should have enough left over for one of Lego Jurassic World, CivRev2+, or X-Com. Thoughts on them?

Ok, so if I played 999 YEARS ago, and only played through to one bad ending, no replays, am I still good to go with VLR? I don't really want to replay 999.

I would say no, unless that ending was the Safe Ending, in which case maybe.

Jachaos

Either follow a guide and play it or at worst if you really don't want to, catch a recap video.

Steins; Gate or VLR? GO!

Both are great, Steins;Gate is awesome but VLR starts the action quicker and has escape-the-room puzzles, that said 999 is more important to enjoying VLR. Either way, both have their strengths.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Did that Lichdom Battlemage game ever get patched? It looks cool but I remember a thread about how it was the literally the worst performing game on the PS4 or something.

BumRush

Either follow a guide and play it or at worst if you really don't want to, catch a recap video.

Both are great, Steins;Gate is awesome but VLR starts the action quicker and has escape-the-room puzzles, that said 999 is more important to enjoying VLR. Either way, both have their strengths.

I'll buy both lol, thanks

Carm

People asking about Lichdom, it's 14.11, physical version on US amazon atm. No idea if framerate is fixed, wouldn't expect it to be

HotHamBoy

I suppose I should finally get Steins;Gate.

After that, I should have enough left over for one of Lego Jurassic World, CivRev2+, or X-Com. Thoughts on them?

Have you ever playe XCOM? Absolutely XCOM, of those three. Unless you REALLY love Lego games, I guess (they're all the same to me). I was curious about CivRev 2 but the reviews are considerably worse.

Almost bought Batman: Arkham Knight, but decided not to. I'm sure it's serviceable, but I just don't like playing games that I know have dull sections coming at me. My time is just as important as my money, and I have little patience these days for games that really don't command my interest throughout.

autoduelist

wow, was reading reviews for some of the games i never heard of... while metacritc didn't like it, some reviewers and steam users definitely dig mcdroid ('very positive' on steam). actually, the steam page sold me on it fast.

from pushsquare review:
"McDroid can be summed up as such: a real-time strategy tower defence crossover with the attitude and style of Borderlands, the charm of Star Wars, and frustrating difficulty spikes of Atlus' Devil Survivor. "

for $2 it's a buy from me. glad i read reviews on it.

-------

qube also gets very solid reviews. it's 50 cents cheaper on steam... and i just discovered i already own it on steam, but i still might get it since i'll actually play it on ps4.

------

I wish this was tuesday's sale, would have been easier to reach $100 (though i did anyway). going to drop another $50 today i think.

Windforce

Just noticed Lichdom Battlemage is on sale; it was infamous at launch on consoles for running sub 20 fps all the time. I was really interested in the game, and I don't even mind crappy graphics, but this seemed too terrible even for me so I passed it up.

Has it received any patches on PS4 to fix the performance issues?

HotHamBoy

How is the Vita version of Orochi 3 Ultimate? It has a a 67 metascore vs the PS4's 77. Why would it be that much worse, aside from graphics? It's a lot cheaper on Vita, too...

I kinda wouldn't mind a mindless musou for my Vita and I already have DW8X on PS4. Plus, I like the fanservice characters.

EDIT: Would it just be better to wait for Samurai Warriors 4-II to go on sale? How is SW4 Empires different and is it better? I'm lost here.

I'm far from a big musou fan, I just like smashing things once in awhile.

Bought Tales from the Borderlands with the money I had left over in my PSN wallet. It doesn't need any prior knowledge of the Borderlands universe, right?

How is the Vita version of Orochi 3 Ultimate? It has a a 67 metascore vs the PS4's 77. Why would it be that much worse, aside from graphics? It's a lot cheaper on Vita, too...

I kinda wouldn't mind a mindless musou for my Vita and I already have DW8X on PS4. Plus, I like the fanservice characters.

From what I remember it got a lower score because the PS4 version finally had a stable framerate moving from the PS3 version, also more enemies on screen, better colors ect.

Vita version has all the extras but the frame rate is about the same as PS3 and lower enemy count. The Warriors titles on PSVita are all pretty competent for their platform though imo. Surprisingly so id say.

HotHamBoy

From what I remember it got a lower score because the PS4 version finally had a stable framerate moving from the PS3 version, also more enemies on screen, better colors ect.

Vita version has all the extras but the frame rate is about the same as PS3 and lower enemy count. The Warriors titles on PSVita are all pretty competent for their platform though imo. Surprisingly so id say.

Ah, thank you. Could you maybe address the edit I just made about SW4-II?

Mrbob

Bought Tales from the Borderlands with the money I had left over in my PSN wallet. It doesn't need any prior knowledge of the Borderlands universe, right?
My knowledge of BL lore is limited yet I loved Tales From Borderlands. My favorite Telltale game by far.

Hikami

Been a while since I bought something from a flash sale.
Got Steins;Gate. Maybe also getting Muramasa, not sure yet..

HotHamBoy

Going to pick up The Swindle, which I've been eyeing for awhile!

Also really looking forward to Dan Marshall's (the Swindle dev's) next game, Behold The Kickmen. http://mashable.com/2016/04/29/kickmen-football-game-twitter/

The Swindle looks neat but it has a 70 metascore and a 4.8 (!) User score (edit: apparently i was looking at PC. There's far fewer reviews for Vita, difficult to compare). Apparently the issues at the time of reviews were loose/sloppy controls that made the game frustrating and long load times on Vita.

Reviews rarely get updated after patches, can anyone comment on any patches addressing these issues? I saw something about a patch that was supposed to fix some things but I was curious if it was sucessful in actually doing so. If so, I'll bite for sure.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I loved walking dead season 1 and 2. however I never played borderlands, should I pick tales from borderlands?

YES. I don't know anything about Borderlands either, and it's one of my favorite games I've played this year.

I just wrote up something for the Steam sales recommendation thread. Check Tales out, you won't regret it.

Repeating again: not liking Telltale and not knowing anything about B'lands are no valid reasons to sleep on a gem like Tales :p

You guys get an even better discount than the recent EU PSN sale. I got it there for €10, this is half. An absolute steal.

Shutts

Neo Member
Picked up TWD:Michonne from the sale. Didn't even realise Until Dawn was only $19.99 on the US store, so picked up that too!

Vaga

Only played episode 1 last night (so fucking good) and I would say no but then I'm having a laugh with a lot of character cameos and item throwbacks, also the game references (and more) the main villain in B2 more than I can count. It even uses the same UI and font from Borderlands.

It's not necessary but it helps a lot playing at least Borderlands 2 which is a masterpiece anyway.

Just noticed Lichdom Battlemage is on sale; it was infamous at launch on consoles for running sub 20 fps all the time. I was really interested in the game, and I don't even mind crappy graphics, but this seemed too terrible even for me so I passed it up.

Has it received any patches on PS4 to fix the performance issues?
Look up a few posts, from your original post, that is.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Debating Xrd just for the story mode to prep for an eventual revelator price drop. Not sure if worth it though.

Top Bottom