• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NA) June PSN Flash Sale Incoming 6/24-6/27 - Telltale Games, Mad Max, more

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I might swooce in for Orochi 3. Had the original on PS3, but I haven't played it in ages, and I could use a new(ish) Musou game on PS4.

Tsunamo

How's Michonne and Game of Thrones on the Telltale tier list?

I'm tempted on both at that price, especially being up to date on The Walking Dead comic and being interested in the period where Michonne disappeared.

dragoncdf

seems sony is having trouble with the web store this morning. tried to buy lego jurassic world.already had $5 in my wallet so added credit card for the remaining amount. got an error while checking out and notice my card was charged $11 but the wallet still showed $5 and the game hadn't been purchased. guess i get to call sony:(

edit:never mind it went through just had to reload the page.

StereoVsn

Don't see anything in the OT for it, but is anyone here that was brave enough to buy Lichdom Battlemage? Anyone know of it has gotten any better than it was at launch?

I want the game so bad, and I can tolerate low fps pretty well, but seeing how it runs on a PC from videos makes me long to play it regardless. It just looks so badass when it's nice and smooth.
It's terrible on PS4, don't do it. If you have a decent PC play it on that instead.

Bought Civ on Vita. Played 2 rounds and have no idea what's going on or what in doing. This will take a lot of my time.
Debating Arkham Knight. Should I play the other Batman games first?

The Swindle looks neat but it has a 70 metascore and a 4.8 (!) User score (edit: apparently i was looking at PC. There's far fewer reviews for Vita, difficult to compare). Apparently the issues at the time of reviews were loose/sloppy controls that made the game frustrating and long load times on Vita.

Reviews rarely get updated after patches, can anyone comment on any patches addressing these issues? I saw something about a patch that was supposed to fix some things but I was curious if it was sucessful in actually doing so. If so, I'll bite for sure.

This thread I made a few months back based on the PS4 version will probably answer most of your questions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165992

Faenix1

No idea if it's even possible but is there anyway to use someone elses PS4 Walking Dead Season 1 game save for Walking Dead season 2? Not interested in buying, or playing, Season 1 for a third time and I'd like to get a save file on my PS4 as close to my PS3 as possible before season 3 drops.

Has there been any patches released since your review? I actually purchased the game already in this sale but haven't fired it up yet.. your review has me questioning my purchase.. also did you try it on Vita?

I haven't tried it on vita, no, so could be worth a try. It hasn't been patched though, it was already pretty late in the game's life when I bought it

jjasso21

Some decent sales. Picking up Bioshock, Borderlands, Mad Max and a bunch of RPGs. This and Steam sales will kill me this month. No regrets.

Is any of the Arkham Knight DLC worth getting?

Season of Infamy adds 4 extra side missions to the main game and feels like they were a part of the main game the entire time. They add about 3-4 hours of gameplay.
But if you're just going to plow through the main story and avoid all the side stuff then you won't notice it missing.

Batgirl dlc is good too, but short.

Everything else is just challenges, skins and race tracks.

Played through the first episode of Borderlands. Maaan that was awesome! I'm really looking forward to the rest. For anyone on the fence, buy this game.

Also, that episode was much longer than I expected.

The walking dead: Michonne any good?? I might get that
This question has been asked and asked and asked again in this thread and not one person has come forward with their opinion/experience. I, too, have been wondering about it, but maybe the fact that no one who has played it before has said anything about it might be telling.

This question has been asked and asked and asked again in this thread and not one person has come forward with their opinion/experience. I, too, have been wondering about it, but maybe the fact that no one who has played it before has said anything about it might be telling.
Lol right.... guess I'll save my money for now

Does Tower fall have good single player content? Been considering getting this for the longest time and it's finally on sale. I would mainly play it for the MP stuff though.

HotHamBoy

I know how old it is, i just wanted to make sure it isnt an atrocious port or missing content. I can play old games just as easily as the new ones

No, i mean, there are old games and then there are old games that aren't very fun. I'm not saying it's bad because it's old.

Anyway, 69 on metacritic with a 6.0 user score average. Whatever that's worth. IGN says "it's slow and ponderous."

Only played episode 1 last night (so fucking good) and I would say no but then I'm having a laugh with a lot of character cameos and item throwbacks, also the game references (and more) the main villain in B2 more than I can count. It even uses the same UI and font from Borderlands.

It's not necessary but it helps a lot playing at least Borderlands 2 which is a masterpiece anyway.
Anyone who wants some background can just watch a few minutes of Borderlands 2 gameplay video. That will give them a sense of the world.

HotHamBoy

I would like to take this time to reiterate that a lot of these indies, like The Swindle and The Escapists, are prime candidates for PS Plus. The 2K XCOM+ & CivRev2+ Vita ports are almost certainly going to be PS Plus games in the next year, just based on how often 2K titles tend to go on Plus (2K16 in June being the most recent...).

So if you are unsure about some of these or don't know if you'll be getting to them anytime soon, maybe consider that. PS Plus games for July will be revealed on Wednesday and this wouldn't be the first time Sony put games in a Flash Sale right before they went on Plus.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I went against my usual stance regarding games with no dubs and bought Steins;Gate. It's got me hooked by the balls. I fucking hate being wrong >_>

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Maybe Xcom vita...?

I bought it a while back. Very serviceable port. The framerate can be a little dodgy, but it's really solid. I was impressed. I definitely recommend it if you really want an Xcom fix on the go.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get Mad Max. My backlog is so big, and I'm getting Lego Star Wars next week also...

Yeah, I just started up XCOM. Not bad for $8, not bad at all. It feels like they just stripped out a lot of textures and whatever they needed to get it running, but it runs and the game is there. Seems worth it to me.

autoduelist

Picked up xcom vita, civ vita, escapists/twd/dlc, and mcdroid [tower defense w/ borderlands feel].

Happy.

No impressions for Myst (PSP)? Might pull the trigger anyway, performance woes be damned.

I know how old it is, i just wanted to make sure it isnt an atrocious port or missing content. I can play old games just as easily as the new ones

It's fine. I play older games and found it hard due to general pacing, but it's definitely Myst and definitely worth playing from a gaming history standpoint, even if not from a modern gameplay standard. I'd rather do it on a vita than elsewhere.

I would like to take this time to reiterate that a lot of these indies, like The Swindle and The Escapists, are prime candidates for PS Plus. The 2K XCOM+ & CivRev2+ Vita ports are almost certainly going to be PS Plus games in the next year, just based on how often 2K titles tend to go on Plus (2K16 in June being the most recent...).

So if you are unsure about some of these or don't know if you'll be getting to them anytime soon, maybe consider that. PS Plus games for July will be revealed on Wednesday and this wouldn't be the first time Sony put games in a Flash Sale right before they went on Plus.

Eh, i don't chase ps+ potential and I don't get upset if something i buy ends up on ps+ (that just means they're picking games i like, which is a good thing). i don't mind directly supporting the devs, either. civ+xcom was a no-brainer for $16 total... I'd rather pay that now and own them then wait, hoping, for them maybe to show up some other time. Well worth $16 [i love civ in general, and i plat'd the non-expanded xcom on ps3 and used to play the originals back in the day]. $16 is... instabuy.

HotHamBoy

Eh, i don't chase ps+ potential and I don't get upset if something i buy ends up on ps+ (that just means they're picking games i like, which is a good thing). i don't mind directly supporting the devs, either. civ+xcom was a no-brainer for $16 total... I'd rather pay that now and own them then wait, hoping, for them maybe to show up some other time. Well worth $16 [i love civ in general, and i plat'd the non-expanded xcom on ps3 and used to play the originals back in the day]. $16 is... instabuy.

Fair enough. Went ahead and bought XCOM, myself. You mind posting CivRev2 impressions? As a game and a port... I'm iffy on that one but Vita severely lacks in that genre.

Guys...guys.

Arkham Knight DLC. Worth it?

The Season Pass only seems to be $20 now.

It is if you like the game.
Season of Infamy adds 4 extra side missions to the main game and feels like they were a part of the main game the entire time. They add about 3-4 hours of gameplay.
But if you're just going to plow through the main story and avoid all the side stuff then you won't notice it missing.
Batgirl dlc is good too, but short.

Everything else is challenges/character ministories, skins and race tracks. Tons of them.
I thought it was worth it, but I really liked the base game.

Top Bottom