• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA Playstation Store Innovators and Playstation Plus Specials Sale (8/30/16-9/6/16)

netguy503

Yes but only via PS3/Vita and probably webstore. If you buy it via PS4 the tables can't be transfered to other platforms for some strange reasons. So if you want to buy tables and transfer them between Vita/PS3/PS4 make sure you don't buy them on PS4. Maybe Zen have already fixed it tho (last time I checked this was earlier 2014)

Actually that's not true anymore. I bought a Zen Pinball mega bundle on PS4 and all tables loaded to my PS3 and Vita just fine. And per the Aliens table PS4 store page:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ball/cid=UP4042-CUSA00187_00-ZP2PS4ALN000000K

Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS3™ system, PS4™ system, and “PS Vita” system versions!

Purchase them on any console you want- you'll be fine either way. Someone at the studio must of got smart and fixed things there for the better.

Walpurgis

Banned
5CGkOb.gif
It's basically an instant game collection (past and future) sale. Depressing.

I have questions two:

Is Invisible Inc. good on PS4? (Not "is it good," "is it good on PS4.")

What are the highlights/hidden gems here between PS4 and Vita? That's a loooot of games on sale!

netguy503

I've been playing on PSTV because there is a lot of text to read, so I find it more comfortable than playing on Vita. Otherwise it is fine.

I think I'm going to wait until my 20% enter cart code to come in to buy The Witness and Steel. I want the prices to go lower.

Glix

Should i just start off with Trails of Cold Steel or start with the psp game Trails in the Sky

I'm about 3 hours into cold steel.

I just finished my Trails playthrough. You don't NEED to play Trails but it is so charming and it is a great introduction into the world where these games take place.

Linkark07

Banned
Just picked Trails of Cold Steel. Now need to decide if play that or Ar nosurge or continue Rorona after finishing 7th Dragon.

netguy503

Will jump on Shadow Complex.
How was reception for Shadow of the Beast? I played a level at PSX last year and really liked it.

That's another game I'm waiting for the 20% off coupon to use. I want that game for $10 or lower at best.

I hear it's a very easy plat. Alot of my PSN friends were getting it the day they started it.

netguy503

Thanks!

Anyone know if we could get our 20% coupon for the summer games during this sale?

The fine print was we will get our codes by the 6th. This sale ends on the 6th at 8AMPST so you'll likely have the code by the end of this sale. Yes I'm waiting for the code to to make those $20+ deals (like The Witness) even sweeter.

The fine print was we will get our codes by the 6th. This sale ends on the 6th at 8AMPST so you'll likely have the code by the end of this sale. Yes I'm waiting for the code to to make those $20+ deals (like The Witness) even sweeter.

Cool - I'll hold out a bit longer to see if it drops.

barit

Actually that's not true anymore. I bought a Zen Pinball mega bundle on PS4 and all tables loaded to my PS3 and Vita just fine. And per the Aliens table PS4 store page:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ball/cid=UP4042-CUSA00187_00-ZP2PS4ALN000000K

Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS3™ system, PS4™ system, and “PS Vita” system versions!

Purchase them on any console you want- you'll be fine either way. Someone at the studio must of got smart and fixed things there for the better.

That's great to hear. I still have Avengers Chronicles and Star Wars Empire Strikes Back locked on PS4. Would be awesome to finally transfer them to my Vita. Some of my favourites tables are in there like Fear Itself and Empire Strikes Back (sogood.gif)

P.S.: Still want to see GoT tables from Zen Studios one day ;(

Here's my current cart:
-Severed
-Trine 3
-Pure Pool
-Enter the Gungeon
*Possibly* -Inside (I kinda want to play it due to the hype BUT I don't mind waiting for a cheaper price.)

Afterthought: Kinda interested in Banner Saga bundle (mostly 1 since getting the 2 of them might be overkill but a good deal nonetheless)

Any thoughts?

netguy503

Here's my current cart:
-Severed
-Trine 3
-Pure Pool
-Enter the Gungeon
*Possibly* -Inside (I kinda want to play it due to the hype BUT I don't mind waiting for a cheaper price.)

Afterthought: Kinda interested in Banner Saga 2

If you're buying Trine 3, and don't have the others, I recommend you buy the complete bundle with the whole trilogy. It's only $11. VERY good price. And if you have a 3D TV, even better as it's used very well and all three games support the feature.

IvanJ

Banned
I'm still waiting for Dead Island Collection and RE5 to drop to $10, that is the maximum I intend to pay for them.
Other than those two, very boring long list. Full respect to the indies, but I have no time or patience for them anymore.

If you're buying Trine 3, and don't have the others, I recommend you buy the complete bundle with the whole trilogy. It's only $11. VERY good price. And if you have a 3D TV, even better as it's used very well and all three games support the feature.

Never played 1, but I recently played 2 with my sister. I think I'm fine with just getting 3 since 1 looks similar to 2. Thanks for the reply though.

That's another game I'm waiting for the 20% off coupon to use. I want that game for $10 or lower at best.

I hear it's a very easy plat. Alot of my PSN friends were getting it the day they started it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have the thought that this could be a PS+ game in the future, since its a Sony game.

How did you attain the 20% off coupon?

netguy503

Thanks for the heads up. I have the thought that this could be a PS+ game in the future, since its a Sony game.

How did you attain the 20% off coupon?

Buying two or more games in the PLAY 2016 promotion (which each had discounts for pre-ordering them too). Discounts upon discounts with Sony!

Shifty1897

It's the "Please stop cancelling your Playstation Plus subscriptions" sale.

Bad economy has caused me to cancel PS Plus, Spotify, Cable, and Prime.

netguy503

It's the "Please stop cancelling your Playstation Plus subscriptions" sale.

Bad economy has caused me to cancel PS Plus, Spotify, Cable, and Prime.

So it's the "I future proofed myself and bought year ps plus cards for $30 when they were sale on black friday so I'm good until 2020 so I get cheap plus and enjoy these discounts" sale for me then.

I can already tell tomorrow's PS Plus thread will be fun. I can't wait.

5taquitos

The fine print actually says by 11:59 PM on September 6th. Since the sale ends at 8 AM, there's a very good chance you will not get the code in time.

IvanJ

Banned
So it's the "I future proofed myself and bought year ps plus cards for $30 when they were sale on black friday so I'm good until 2020 so I get cheap plus and enjoy these discounts" sale for me then.

I can already tell tomorrow's PS Plus thread will be fun. I can't wait.

The best AAA troll would be if PS+ gave away Battleborn :)

Is Atelier a good game for someone who likes jrpgs but only ever played Atelier Iris on PS2 out of the whole Atelier games (and enjoyed it)?

bender

What time is it?
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel sale is good until 9/13 so I'll wait for the 20% Coupon for the Play promotion.

Drawful 2 will be mine. Kind of want Risk of Rain and Invisible Inc.

netguy503

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel sale is good until 9/13 so I'll wait for the 20% Coupon for the Play promotion.

Drawful 2 will be mine. Kind of want Risk of Rain and Invisible Inc.

Oh cool, nice catch BUT it's 20% off your whole cart remember so if your only using it on a $20 game that's kind of waste of a coupon IMHO (and they don't give these out often).

dugdug

Banned
Can't help but look at this sale as "games that will eventually be on PS+" sale. I hate what it's done to me.

bender

What time is it?
Oh cool, nice catch BUT it's 20% ff your whole cart remember so if your only using it on a $20 game that's kind of waste of a coupon IMHO (and they don't give these out often).

I'll probably pick up both versions of Trails, RE4, Street Fighter V - CPT Premier Package and Hitman - The Full Experience. That will take me close the cart limit.

Top Bottom