• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA Playstation Store Innovators and Playstation Plus Specials Sale (8/30/16-9/6/16)

I personally don't remember what they're talking about, but there certainly could be something -- it's got 'gross' humor throughout, in general [bonus points for shooting guys in the nuts, etc]. That said, I thought it was a super fun rail shooter and the DS4 works well for targeting even without a camera. I had a blast with it, but I'm not easily offended and I wouldn't care if a game did offend me.

Ah, I don't personally care at all if a joke is something that could be considered transphobic(the pillars of eternity joke I couldn't have cared less about either way). But if the game has a literal anti-trans agenda or something and it's a major theme I was gonna stay away. Looks cool to me, as someone who likes rail shooters, and I'll take your word if you can't remember any specifics. Will probably pick it up.

netguy503

I personally don't remember what they're talking about, but there certainly could be something -- it's got 'gross' humor throughout, in general [bonus points for shooting guys in the nuts, etc]. That said, I thought it was a super fun rail shooter and the DS4 works well for targeting even without a camera. I had a blast with it, but I'm not easily offended and I wouldn't care if a game did offend me.

i'll save the highlights for others, but some hidden gems, depending on taste:

Don’t Starve – $5.99

But remember Don't Starve is getting a $10 bundle with all DLC just next month (next week?). So it's a good game but buyer beware anyone buying anything related to it right now.

autoduelist

Ah, I don't personally care at all if a joke is something that could be considered transphobic(the pillars of eternity joke I couldn't have cared less about either way). But if the game has a literal anti-trans agenda or something and it's a major theme I was gonna stay away. Looks cool to me, as someone who likes rail shooters, and I'll take your word if you can't remember any specifics. Will probably pick it up.

There is a demo with the first level. That should be enough to see both the general 'mood' of the game and if you like using the DS4 as a 'gun'. I did that first, and was amazed at how accurate I could get, headshot chains, etc. I mean, like i was saying the game has a trophy for getting 200 nut shots (it's called nutcracker)... so if that sort of thing offends / bothers you it's not your thing.

KyleCross

I don't know how far it runs, the first transphobic "joke" as well as some of the other subject matter told me to stay away. To put it in context, this is the initial moment that caused me to say "Fuck this game, fuck this developer."

The game mentions the main characters ex-girlfriend, then immediately calls her "Not a friend, and definitely not a woman." It just rubbed me the wrong way, especially due to having friends who are trans and knowing first hand how "jokes" like this affect them. I nope'd right the hell out of that demo.

I'm not easily offended, in fact I enjoy a lot of what many consider offensive, but I have some things I'm just not okay with.

BlakeofT

I picked up The Witness and Enter the Gungeon.

The Witness is awesome. My wife, her little sister and I had a blast figuring stuff out for the first hour or so. I don't know if they want to stick with it but I want to see the credits roll on this baby. The exploration and puzzles work very well together and so far there is a lot to discover. I was surprised about how diverse the puzzles were; I thought they were just trace the lines but there's more to it then that.

Haven't tried Enter the Gungeon yet.

Is Drawful 2 just more of the same from the first game?

I just read the review from Destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/review-drawful-2-371726.phtml. It has a second color you can use, but more importantly you now have the option to create your own episodes/prompts.

Drawful is one of my favorite games from Jackbox. Such a great party game. My family absolutely loves it.

If people have friends or family to play, do yourself a favor and buy the Jackbox collections and Drawful 2!

Alastor3

I always wanted to try République and waited for a sales on PC but since it's 10$ with ps plus, im really tempted to grab it...

Went ahead and bought Blue Estate and beat the first level. I can actually really recommend it for the price. Really surprisingly enjoyable and amazingly intuitive controls - maybe better than most move games i've played. It's good. It's surprisingly easy to get headshots, the scoring system is fun, the camera is far less jerky than the RE rail shooters, and they did a very good job at allowing you to prioritize targets by knowing which is going to shoot which player in what order. For 2.59, it's worth it for a proof of concept for PS4 rail shooters alone.

I don't think it's fair to call the joke transphobic. The narrator is shown to be something of a neckbearded failure detective and not really supposed to be a likable guy, and is NOT the main character. The trans person in question is a stripper at least(Apple Adams, she appears on a poster), and probably a sex worker - as well as the main characters exgirlfriend. I can't speak for the narrator's intention or the trans person's role in future chapters if any, but calling the game transphobic over that line is a stretch. I think it's completely acceptable to allow transphobic characters in video games when they're not shown to be particularly good people anyway, and another character, in this case who you play as, had dated one.

Not that the game doesn't constantly hang for the low hanging fruit. It's definitely got lowbrow humor, and the first level is an asian brothel/stripclub. I definitely don't recommend it to those easily offended, and while the game isn't exactly funny, I personally think it's mostly harmless, and doesn't have malicious intent.

I always wanted to try République and waited for a sales on PC but since it's 10$ with ps plus, im really tempted to grab it...

It's 99c on iOS, as far as I can tell.

Bought Gungeon, Beyond Eyes and Electronic Super Joy in the end. Only played ESJ so far and what a fucking utterly stupid game. It's like the developer made a decent game and then went "how can I make this appeal to 13 year old boys oh I know I'll just fill it with sex noises for no reason whatsoever LOLOLOLOLOLOL I AM SO FUNNY LOLOLOL."

You can turn them off, but what kind of idiot is the guy who made this for thinking they were a good idea in the first place? They don't even makes sense. Soured me on the game entirely and I regret this purchase.

rezn0r

I want to see the credits roll on this baby. The exploration and puzzles work very well together and so far there is a lot to discover. I was surprised about how diverse the puzzles were; I thought they were just trace the lines but there's more to it then that.

Way more, good job on the purchase, hope you guys (or at least you) enjoy the rest of it, it's awesome.

EBreda

How's Shadow of The Beast , anyone? Is the soundtrack still awesome at least ?

Editado: thabks orbitalbeard

How's Shadow of The Beast , anyone? Is the soundtrack still awesome at least ?

It's actually one of my favorite games so far this year. If you go in expecting a pretty shallow (but fun) hack 'n slash / brawler, you'll probably enjoy it.

And yes, the soundtrack is great.

6YejCZp.gif

Pretty boring sale

Love seeing pointless posts like this

Some really good title in this sale, tempted to get Shadow Complex now

Top Bottom