• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA Playstation Store Innovators and Playstation Plus Specials Sale (8/30/16-9/6/16)

Mash83

The fine print actually says by 11:59 PM on September 6th. Since the sale ends at 8 AM, there's a very good chance you will not get the code in time.

Im holding onto hope that this is not the case. If I dont get the code by the 5th ill pull the trigger. The code is valid for about a month though so hopefully they have another decent sale.

IvanJ

Banned
Im holding onto hope that this is not the case. If I dont get the code by the 5th ill pull the trigger. The code is valid for about a month though so hopefully they have another decent sale.
Last time I got the code ($15 for spending $100), the mail literally arrived at 11:57 p.m.

Owensboro

Oh woah, I didn't know Risk of Rain got a PS4 release. Hows the netcode? Is anyone actually playing it? My last experience with that thing was trying to get on private servers on the PC and just having an awful time connecting.

MilesTeg

Banned
Was about to say "meh", then I saw RE5. Almost pulled the trigger last week. About time one of these sales went in my favor.

A_Dang

Oh woah, I didn't know Risk of Rain got a PS4 release. Hows the netcode? Is anyone actually playing it? My last experience with that thing was trying to get on private servers on the PC and just having an awful time connecting.

The game does not work online, and constantly losses sync with those you are connected with. It's a major bummer.

My wallet is going to hurt this week:

The Witness
Enter The Gungeon
Invisible Inc.
Dangerous Golf (maybe)
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (possibly)
Pac-Man CE 2 Pre-Order

To be fair, all of these except Dangerous Golf were on my "price drop" list so it's not like I wasn't planning on getting them but still...

A_Dang

Man....maaaaaaaaan. When Risk of Rain worked it was magical. What a bummer.

A few weeks (or months?) ago they released a patch and I got my hopes up...but I think the patch notes only listed fixing the games credits or something. I still love the game, and come back to it every once in a while...but no working online co-op certainly knocks it down a notch.

SOLDIER

Does Enter the Gungeon still get content updates? Want to make sure it's a roguelike that continues to get added with updates and other free stuff.

balohna

If you don't already own Olli Olli, time to buy. Hours of entertainment in there and the gameplay is on point, plus the music is sick and the presentation is fantastic. Seriously, buy it.

I wanted to like this game but found it frustrating more than fun.

bebop242

Panicked because I just spent 25 today on Mirrors Edge at Best Buy. Would have been pissed if I could have gone digital for the same price.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm really surprised Cold Steel comes so highly recommended around here, nothing about it really stood out about it to me after about 11 hours.

6YejCZp.gif

Pretty boring sale

Awwwww what is this? It's ugly but cute

Beyond Eyes, Outlast, and Whispering Willows all for $20.

Damn its so tempting but I don't need to spend money...oh who am I kidding I'll probably buy them. >_>

ironmang

Probably just Flower on Vita or PS4 for me. Played through it years ago on a buddy's account and would love to give it another run. Sucks it's not crossplay.

autoduelist

Could you please elaborate on this? Was considering buying it.

I personally don't remember what they're talking about, but there certainly could be something -- it's got 'gross' humor throughout, in general [bonus points for shooting guys in the nuts, etc]. That said, I thought it was a super fun rail shooter and the DS4 works well for targeting even without a camera. I had a blast with it, but I'm not easily offended and I wouldn't care if a game did offend me.

I have questions two:

Is Invisible Inc. good on PS4? (Not "is it good," "is it good on PS4.")

What are the highlights/hidden gems here between PS4 and Vita? That's a loooot of games on sale!

i'll save the highlights for others, but some hidden gems, depending on taste:

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX – $3.59
Blue Estate – $3.89
Don’t Starve – $5.99
Minutes – $4.79
Outlast – $7.99

So it's the "I future proofed myself and bought year ps plus cards for $30 when they were sale on black friday so I'm good until 2020 so I get cheap plus and enjoy these discounts" sale for me then.

I can already tell tomorrow's PS Plus thread will be fun. I can't wait.

I miss my stash of $15 year cards from the Target Price mistake. I thought I bought a lot. I should have bought 50.

Does anyone have thoughts on any of the following?

Enter the Gungeon – $10.49
Guns, Gore & Cannoli – $4.99
Invisible, Inc – $11.99
Ironcast – $9.74
Kholat – $11.99
Letter Quest Remastered – $6.99
Neon Chrome – $9.74
Party Hard – $9.09
Risk of Rain – $6.99
Schrodinger’s Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark – $3.99
There Came an Echo – $7.49
The Witness – $27.99
Croixleur Sigma – $10.49
Severed – $10.49
Deadlight: Director’s Cut (PS4) – $13.99
Shadow Complex Remastered (PS4) – $10.49
Shadow of the Beast (PS4) – $13.99
Strike Vector EX (PS4) – $10.49

For reference, i'll be going vita where there is an option to, else ps4. i also will be paying the ps+ price.

That list is too long, and I need to chop it down to something more... reasonable.

As someone who enjoyed Soma but thought Everybody has gone to the rapture was boring trash. Where does Kholat fall in the genre of walking simulators? Does it do anything interesting?

dralla

Enter The Gungeon is one of the best games on PS4. Buy it, people

I may pick up Risk of Rain but apparently the online is busted so I'm not sure

I'm really surprised Cold Steel comes so highly recommended around here, nothing about it really stood out about it to me after about 11 hours.
Cause you barely scratched the surface of a huge game with a deep detailed world that encourages extracurricular exploration to get the full experience.
It's incredibly immersive and all the characters, even NPCs, are interesting and fun.

Ralemont

not me
There Came an Echo – $7.49

I'd get it if the concept of commanding a team through a turn-based iso game through voice control sounds appealing to you. I got through a few hours and the voice control didn't work well with a USB mic on PC, but a PS4 headset would probably recognize the commands a bit better. It's a short game with not a ton of gameplay and story depth, but like I said if the voice gimmick sounds worth $7 to you it's pretty interesting for that.

Top Bottom