• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco/DIMPS announce Sword Art Online: Final Bullet (UE4, PC/XB1/PS4) [Up: Gameplay]

Hardvlade

No lie, super surprised it's coming to Xbox One.

Anyways, in for sure. I enjoyed SOA, hope it's somewhat PSOish

True Fire

A SAO game that isn't cheap and ugly? I'm down.

I still want Part 1 in a cohesive video game though. The story itself had no respect for its own world. I feel like an actual video game would be a better experience.

No lie, super surprised it's coming to Xbox One.

Anyways, in for sure. I enjoyed SOA, hope it's somewhat PSOish

For sure but I like that. It really wouldn't surprise me if this along with Monster Hunter World and code Vein are the results of Phil Spencer visiting Japan. I could have easily seen these games skipping Xbox.

It doesn't seem to be a RPG though. More like a shooter?

Hexa

Woo-hoo. I'm assuming this is still part of the game continuity so picks up after SAO vs AW because description mentions previous games? More Strea hype! Looks like Kirito isn't the main character for this one though, based on the trailer and the description just referring to playing as the protagonist. Meh... Not much of a fan of that at all.

Hardvlade

For sure but I like that. It really wouldn't surprise me if this along with Monster Hunter World and code Vein are the results of Phil Spencer visiting Japan. I could have easily seen these games skipping Xbox.

As long as the game doesn't turn out to be terrible, I'll get it for the One X.

I still gotta go back and finish the others too lol

Flintty

Holy shit, I've been hoping for a SAO game on Xbox for ages. It was one of very few games that ever made me think about getting a PS4 but I'm glad I didn't. I hope this is good!

Wonko_C

This is Bandai Namco, don't they make almost every game of theirs multiplatform? DBZ, Naruto, Ace Combat, Tekken, etc. The games would have been announced for Xbox regardless.

Happy about the love Namco is showing to xbox lately (Phill effect?). Now, if this and Code Vein aren't terrible I'll probably buy both

Hexa

This is Bandai Namco, don't they make almost every game of theirs multiplatform? DBZ, Naruto, Ace Combat, Tekken, etc. The games would have been announced for Xbox regardless.

Nah. The last three games in this series have been Playstation exclusive. It being announced for Xbox is certainly surprising. Whether it's due to moving to U4 or Phil's visit, we'll never know.

Hardvlade

Saco de plomo! (Sorry couldn't help not to reference Condorito, used to read them a lot as a kid lol)

Well a lot of their games skip Xbox as well. All previous SAO games, .//hack, Digimon

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope it's the final bullet to finish SAO off.

Or fatal.

Whatever the title is meant to be.

SA:O started off as a really solid anime. Season 2 also started well but then once the killer shooter guy was defeated it all devolved into the same old tropey harem waifu anime fanservice bullshit that pollutes too much modern anime.

If this game sticks with the premise of the first third of SAO season 2, I might buy it.

SAO would've lost me in S2 when Death Gun's hilariously implausible methods were revealed and we spent like half the season hiding in a cave if it hadn't already lost me halfway through Aincrad.

SAO was never good, gais. It just got worse at hiding its stupid as it went on.

raven777

khWJIRv.jpg

actual game screen?

ViciousDS

Banned
SAO would've lost me in S2 when Death Gun's hilariously implausible methods were revealed and we spent like half the season hiding in a cave if it hadn't already lost me halfway through Aincrad.

SAO was never good, gais. It just got worse at hiding its stupid as it went on.

SAO was ok in Aincrad outside of no magic..........the first half of the season to me was really good. But once everyone got settled in and we had the love story kick off.........it died and just became fucking stupid.

But once we hit anything after Aincrad.....there was no pressure or any major threats outside of stupid gimmicks. So it became boring.

Galang

Banned
This looks amazing wtf. Would probably buy, but I hate that we get all these rad anime games lately and I don't really care for any of the IP used. Give us a hunter x hunter game next please

blakep267

I doubt SAO or code vein would've been Xbox. This is the first SAI game to come to the platform

SAO was ok in Aincrad outside of no magic..........the first half of the season to me was really good. But once everyone got settled in and we had the love story kick off.........it died and just became fucking stupid.

But once we hit anything after Aincrad.....there was no pressure or any major threats outside of stupid gimmicks. So it became boring.

I actually thought the romance was one of the few things the show did successfully, if we ignore that Yui exists. The waifu of the week format they had going until then was a lot more obnoxious.

Of course, they seemed committed to drain Asuna of anything that made her remotely interesting towards the end of Aincrad, so I can't even give SAO points for being a good love story.

Yjynx

I doubt SAO or code vein would've been Xbox. This is the first SAI game to come to the platform

I'm glad that this is on Xbox, it's not a vita port and it's not a MMO

It's good that more Japanese games available to all platform. And hopefully Xbox gamers can back up their claim on interest of Japanese Games and not just simply using these games as Internet bullet point.

Especially as all those games mention are being given decent development value

Definite step up graphically, and it's cool to see them actually acknowledging that the GGO arc actually exists. I'll give it a shot at least, not expecting greatness, but a decent enough game to at least be a good time.

This would actually have potential -- the GGO arc is the only tolerable part of SAO, and the premise is absolutely perfect for a faster paced Battle Royale type of game.

Too bad they'll fuck it up and make a mediocre game because it's gonna sell just because of SAO. I can already see that they need to open up the FOV and bring the camera closer to the player.

EDIT: Okay, I guess they have the camera pulled back from the character for movement purposes, as it looks like there will be some good maneuverability in it, and then closes in for actual aiming and shooting. So maybe they know what they are doing.

Man, they could've gotten me kinda hyped for this a year or two ago, now all I know is that if there's any good gun designs in it, someone better find a way to port them to a better game, like XCOM 2.

Nice surprise with the PC version.

I liked the world they were building with GGO in the anime so it's nice to see it fleshed out more. The outfit designs for existing characters will be fun to see.

IronLich

Like it or not, a GGO game was coming.

While I do think this was the lowest point of the anime, the GGO universe does potentially lend itself to a substantial video game experience.

Definitely hope the team can pull it off.

Like it or not, a GGO game was coming.

While I do think this was the lowest point of the anime, the GGO universe does potentially lend itself to a substantial video game experience.

Definitely hope the team can pull it off.
Yeah, if anything, they need to have a fucking space battleship stage.

Man, did that come out of fucking nowhere in the anime.

Top Bottom