• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco/DIMPS announce Sword Art Online: Final Bullet (UE4, PC/XB1/PS4) [Up: Gameplay]

It's good that more Japanese games available to all platform. And hopefully Xbox gamers can back up their claim on interest of Japanese Games and not just simply using these games as Internet bullet point.

Especially as all those games mention are being given decent development value

I will buy them for sure, if they are good it will get my money for sure.

Phil's Japan trip paying dividends

Since this is Namco Bandai i wish they would bring Ni No Kuni 2 to Xbox as well, why not?

Guymelef

Bandai Namco "Early 2018"

Ni No Kuni II
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
DRAGON BALL Fighter Z
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

Fucking crazy...

This is Bandai Namco, don't they make almost every game of theirs multiplatform? DBZ, Naruto, Ace Combat, Tekken, etc. The games would have been announced for Xbox regardless.
There's been 3 Sword Art Online games on PS4 so far that have NOT come to Xbox, published by Namco, sooooo nah.

I just counted, Wikipedia has 33 Namco games that are on PS4 but NOT XB1

But this is the only one with guns.
Okay? Not sure how that changes what I said :p

I was responding to the "Namco publishes almost everything on Xbox, the game would have been announced for XB1 regardless". That's wrong on two levels, not just based on the game's previous entries, but that Namco does not publish almost everything on Xbox.

Guymelef

There's been 3 Sword Art Online games on PS4 so far that have NOT come to Xbox, published by Namco, sooooo nah.

But this is the only one with guns.

BTW: There is b-roll gameplay on Bamco press site... it doesn't look specially good, I expected bigger jump now they are using UE4.

duckroll

Looks pretty bad. The trailer made it seem like a full on shooting action game, but it's obvious that it's yet another bad pseudo-MMO action RPG, just with shooting attacks now. Meh.

Hexa

Looks good. Based on the prompts at the top right this looks like the tutorial. But it looks pretty involved so I guess they'll do what they did with Lost Song and already have everyone familiar with the game and at high levels right at the start. I wonder what mechanics they'll bring over from actual GGO though, as a lot of those were centered around PVP or keeping PVP separate from PVE so they'd just be kind of strange in a pseudo mmo. Also looks like Leafa can use swords, and rather she just uses a sword unlike Kirito who uses a gun as well, so the mechanics have probably been changed from the anime/ Ln for that. Wonder if dual blade wielding will still be an option.

Shizuka

notlikethis.gif

not-like-this.gif

BaconHat

Every time a new SAO game gets announced, a .hack possibility dies.

Interested on this one, tho. GGO had a neat concept.

At least we're getting a chance with .hack Last recode.

On-topic, the gameplay trailer looks boring.
How many Sword art online games have we gotten now?

Hexa

At least we're getting a chance with .hack Last recode.

On-topic, the gameplay trailer looks boring.
How many Sword art online games have we gotten now?

This will be the 5th console game if you count Infinity Moment and Hollow Fragment as the same.

-Horizon-

These things are pumped out once a year now aren't they?

I think I've bought all of them and only ever played the first on vita lol.

#PartOfTheProblem

These things are pumped out once a year now aren't they?

I think I've bought all of them and only ever played the first on vita lol.

#PartOfTheProblem
Same its people like us that let them keep pumping these out.

After seeing more...yes I will buy it play it for 2 hours and never touch it again.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Hmm... feels like they re-purposed Freedom Wars into this.

Sure does. As someone that was really into .hack before SAO was a thing and also in love with Freedom Wars when Freedom Wars wanted to also be a thing, this stuff make me a little bitter.

Ni No Kuni II
DRAGON BALL Fighter Z

Fucking crazy...
And I want em all except naruto(looks terrible tho character customization may sway me)

To everyone saying GGO was the only solid arc... Mother's Rosario was pretty good for what it was. Kirito jobbed to Yuuki, too.

I thought GGO was like, actually *good*, and when watching it I thought maybe they'd learned their lesson and decided to make a good show. Kirito actually *does* work as a "mentor" type of character, and Sinon actually had some depth.

Then that Ragnarok thing happened and turned Sinon into just another pair of tits. :/

Mother's Rosario is probably the only time that Asuna felt like an actual character, so yeah I guess it was alright.

So, the arc with is a parody of a dudebro Unreal game turns into a dudebro Unreal 4 game :p

This looks way better than the previous games so I will be following it closely.

Also, I hope they can somehow put Asuna and Sugu as playable characters with a GGO costume.

I haven't seen any visual novel portions in the footage revealed so far. Hopefully it's not dub-titled to hell like Hollow Realization.

Hexa

Also, I hope they can somehow put Asuna and Sugu as playable characters with a GGO costume.

They show Asuna and Sugu in GGO in your party in outfits in the trailer and also show both Kirito and Sinon as playable so I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case.

Ni No Kuni II
DRAGON BALL Fighter Z

Fucking crazy...
And I want em all except naruto(looks terrible tho character customization may sway me)
Now all we need is for them to release One Piece Project Dawn around the same time.

Wait takes this place between Episode 3 and 4 or after 6?

How did she got Mace Windus lightsaber? Must have been after the Emporer did some big WIPEOUT on Mace Windu.

Hmm... feels like they re-purposed Freedom Wars into this.

I genuinely wonder whether this project actually started out life as Freedom Wars 2 and then got re-purposed into this over time.

Like... that's the thorn mechanic right there. A lot of the environmental geometry looks shockingly similar. The shooting and charge attacks look very similar.

Like, I know none of those things were ever exclusive to FW, but given Dimps' involvement, it's interesting.

And certainly my interest in the game is piqued since I enjoyed FW and I've liked the previous SAO games. I'm expecting it to be low-budgety jank but I'm cool with that.

Top Bottom