• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They don't really have a reason to fight right now.
Actually, they are both still genin. They would have to fight each other in the chuunin exams.

Frog-fu

Banned
They don't really have a reason to fight right now.

They could fight over what to do with the bijū and who becomes Hokage.

Speaking of Hokage, I don't give a flying fuck, if Kakashi does actually become Rokudaime, then Kishimoto can go fuck himself. I don't know it's probably going to happen, but it's going to royally piss me off nonetheless.

I always doubted the fight over Hokage would happen tbh but the other scenario sounds fairly plausible.

And Kakashi should be hokage first (if he wants to be). Naruto would probably be happy with that decision for the time being. He has a lot of his life left for that, and I don't want part 3 (if it happens) to be about him sitting around in an office all day. That'd be dumb.

Why are people ignoring all the hints regarding Sasuke? Everywhere I go, people are like "they won't fight, because they have no reason to. Sasuke has totally turned now!"

Hell no. Kishi has been going out of his way to show there's something shady about him. They're going to fight and it's going to be serious.

ehh if you're talking about the Kage Summit Arc, I think it's pretty good. Sasuke vs. the Gokage is one of the best fight in the series IMO.

The arc after it (Turtle Island) is turrible though.

When it comes to the 3 main characters, it was bad. There were some really embarrassing chapters that soured that arc for me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If I were to guess...

-Sasuke becoming even more of a whiny brat after learning about Itachi, cementing himself as a terrible person incapable of making a single good life choice

-Sasuke completely going off the deep end

-Sasuke shitting all over Itachi's will and legacy

-Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke

-Sakura's fake confession

but it wouldn't be a fight to the death like how it was made out to be
Let's be real, that was never going to happen. Naruto would never kill Sasuke and Naruto can't die because of the way the series is written.

I think he meant the hints regarding Sasuke. People questioning his motives, distrusting him, him giving those ominous stares about burning the bijuus down and building a new system, saying he'll erase the past before he slices Naruto's pic, his answer to Hagoromo being omitted...

don't make me list these everytime lol

but yeah, those soured that arc for me. And that in the end nothing really changed, despite how Kishi set those things up.

Frog-fu

Banned
I always doubted the fight over Hokage would happen tbh but the other scenario sounds fairly plausible.

And Kakashi should be hokage first (if he wants to be). Naruto would probably be happy with that decision for the time being. He has a lot of his life left for that, and I don't want part 3 (if it happens) to be about him sitting around in an office all day. That'd be dumb.

Why should Kakashi be Hokage first? It's been Naruto's dream his entire life. As readers we've been waiting for 15 years to see it happen. Now Ghostbito wants to live through Kakashi vicariously some more despite cheating death so many times the Shinigami is going fucking bankrupt? Nah. I don't accept it.

And don't tell me it's about smarts/experience because that ain't got nothing to do with it. Hashirama was never that particularly bright (he's basically the same as Naruto), and Gaara had no real experience when they made him Kazekage to control him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why should Kakashi be Hokage first? It's been Naruto's dream his entire life. As readers we've been waiting for 15 years to see it happen. Now Ghostbito wants to live through Kakashi vicariously some more despite cheating death so many times the Shinigami is going fucking bankrupt? Nah. I don't accept it.

And don't tell me it's about smarts/experience because that ain't got nothing to do with it. Hashirama was never that particularly bright (he's basically the same as Naruto), and Gaara had no real experience when they made him Kazekage to control him.

gaara had already completed 14 A rank missions and 3 S rank missions prior to the chuunin exams(so 17 jonin-exclusive missions) - even kakashi had only completed ~40 S rank missions in his like 20 years of being a super well-known Jonin (that fought during the 3rd ninja world war, at that). Gaara may have been a psychopath but he was also depicted as being well beyond his years in terms of wisdom and leadership capabilities.

Hashirama may have been a naïve fool, but nothing we see suggest he wasn't able to lead a village. Do you really think Naruto has the skills at this time to manage a village without basically dumping all of the important work onto shikamaru or someone else?

He's definitely a hero, but not ready to be a leader. Not yet.

Echoplx

Yeah if Naruto was Hokage he would do something stupid like segregating a clan then slaughtering them when they got sick of it. Oh wait.

If I were to guess...

-Sasuke becoming even more of a whiny brat after learning about Itachi, cementing himself as a terrible person incapable of making a single good life choice

-Sasuke completely going off the deep end

-Sasuke shitting all over Itachi's will and legacy

-Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke

-Sakura's fake confession

Let's be real, that was never going to happen. Naruto would never kill Sasuke and Naruto can't die because of the way the series is written.

Sasuke's getting saved as part of his fighting style. Naruto got Sage Mode, Sasuke got Bitch Mode.

Actually, they are both still genin. They would have to fight each other in the chuunin exams.

I doubt that'll happen. In part 1 Naruto stated even if he'll stay a Genin forever, he'll become Hokage.

Rewatching the Chuunin exams and not sure if it's in the manga, but listening to the so called Minato "bodyguards" talk trash about Naruto is pretty hilarious now.

Yeah, Kishi has purposely been hiding Sasuke's true intentions ever since he came joined the fight. My guess is what has already been said, Sasuke will have an idea of how the ninja world should be governed and being the brat that he is he will do the whole my way or the highway thing and try to be a dictator for the good of the world. Naruto will have a differing viewpoint. They'll fight about it. There will be lots of talking and flashbacks during the epic fight.

We've known for a while the series was ending and your quote says as much, so what conflicting info?
the only conflicting info is there was some thinking it was ending imminently when in fact it could probably go into early 2015.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Maybe a tournament to become a Hokage and it just skip to the finals of Naruto Vs Sasuke?

Guys... For the last time, this is not how a Hokage is chosen. Are you pulling this Hokage tournament out of your asses? I'm pretty sure the current Hokage along with the village elders choose the next Hokage and if that is the case, Sasuke won't even be considered. Tsunade will give Naruto her endorsement but the elders will vote Kakashi.

Kakashi is the next Hokage. Kishimoto making Obito state it would be an utter waste of panel otherwise.

You act like Kakashi becoming hokage means that Naruto will never have the chance. It's not his time, and Hashirama is much more level headed and than Naruto. They have they're obvious similarities, but don't give me that "they're exactly alike" argument.

We've known for a while the series was ending and your quote says as much, so what conflicting info?

I hate when people do this. I said may, and you cut out the part where I said it could be interpreted in many ways.

I think he meant the hints regarding Sasuke. People questioning his motives, distrusting him, him giving those ominous stares about burning the bijuus down and building a new system, saying he'll erase the past before he slices Naruto's pic, his answer to Hagoromo being omitted...

People questioning his motives and distrusting him doesn't confirm they will fight. That's just simply people being confused at his motives. I acknowledged that the bijuu thing seemed plausible. Him wanting to build a new system also doesn't confirm they will fight.

> don't make me list these everytime lol

You act like we've ever had this discussion before.

Kakashi becomes Hokage when all this is over even though the people wanted Naruto. Maybe he declines for one reason or another or the elders say he is too young. Kakashi tells Naruto that he is just keeping the seat warm for him. Then the "new era project" begins and takes place in the future and spans a bit of time showing what he is doing afterwards. Might be a couple movies long, might be an extended epilogue in the manga as well rather than a part 3. Either way it ends with Naruto becoming Hokage.

That's my guess. Anyway, does anyone else really want to see Naruto teaching his own team? Would be awesome.

Hells yeah. Imagine how hilarious that would be. Naruto's team embarrassed because the first thing he requires them to learn is Sexy no Jutsu.
people who leave their comrades behind are scum, but people who can't master the sexy jutsu? They are less than scum.

Remember that kids if you want to be hokage one day. So much potentially great moments.

Kakashi becomes Hokage when all this is over even though the people wanted Naruto. Maybe he declines for one reason or another or the elders say he is too young. Kakashi tells Naruto that he is just keeping the seat warm for him. Then the "new era project" begins and takes place in the future and spans a bit of time showing what he is doing afterwards. Might be a couple movies long, might be an extended epilogue in the manga as well rather than a part 3. Either way it ends with Naruto becoming Hokage.

That's my guess. Anyway, does anyone else really want to see Naruto teaching his own team? Would be awesome.

Oh my GOD yes, there is NO way kishi could skip over this opportunity.

I don't want that shit. There should be no real threat after this unless they pull a DBGT. The series should end already and end with Naruto as Hokage. I don't want a part 3. You don't go from the Goddess of Chakra to something below that. That's like going from Cell to Frieza.

There has been so much potential from the start of Naruto, but Kishi squandered it. All the hype about going to risky mission as a squad, Chuunin as squad leader, and Jounin as a teacher is for nothing. The only things we've seen is Chasing after Sasuke x3 and saving Gaara missions.

Even if Naruto becomes a squad leader and have his own team, nobody can touch him or his peers. There is no threat unless it's an asspull. Well, Kishi has been awful at asspulls since the war started at least.

Erigu

I hate when people do this. I said may, and you cut out the part where I said it could be interpreted in many ways.
Calm down. Just because I didn't quote the entire thing, that doesn't mean I didn't read it.
I still fail to see your point: what are those "many ways"?

luckyguess

Neo Member
Nothing more challenging can ever come after Kaguya? Are you kidding me? Did you not witness that lame fight? Goddess of chakra? Bullshit. She didn't make chakra, she just discovered it and apparently didn't know what the hell she was doing with it. You could easily come up with a bigger threat than her.

Calm down. Just because I didn't quote the entire thing, that doesn't mean I didn't read it.
I still fail to see your point: what are those "many ways"?

Yet you disregarded it completely. I just thought when reading that, some people could assume it's ending soon, and others would assume he means it's going to end some day without giving a specific date. Or that some people would assume he meant Naruto as whole, or just part 2.

What threat? Saiyans invading? That's preposterous. Orochimaru is fodder now, there is no way he'll be able to take over anything. He has become Sasuke's lackey. Sasuke can't take on 5 whole countries. Everybody is allied with Naruto after this. They seen what he is capable of. He and his father saved the alliance several times. Madara is not a threat anymore. Kabuto has turned good. Naruto should be able to beat the shit out of Hamura if he pops out of nowhere. Naruto went toe to toe with Kaguya of all people. What is Kishi going to do? Put all the tailed beast into another person? That person would just be schooled like Madara.

Kaguya said she was the origin of all Chakra in the latest chapter.

Sheesh. No, I don't. That quote simply doesn't look ambiguous at all to me.

It may not look ambiguous to a lot of people and yet those same people will have different interpretations on it. Heck just look at the comments in that article and you'll see what I mean.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Kaguya said she was the origin of all Chakra in the latest chapter.

That's because she was full of herself. Clearly, the tree is the origin of chakra. It sprouted chakra fruit and she ate it. How does that make her the origin? We don't even know what this tree is or where it came from.

Khezu

Sasuke really brought the Kaguya fight down.

If the sage just gave Naruto both seals, the fight would have been over in like 1 chapter.

The entire thing really was anti climatic.
Naruto never felt in any danger, he was always in charge of the whole fight, and we didn't even get any super unique final jutsu. just a couple rasengans. Didn't even get to see his chakra mech.

That's because she was full of herself. Clearly, the tree is the origin of chakra. It sprouted chakra fruit and she ate it. How does that make her the origin? We don't even know what this tree is or where it came from.

She is the origin of Chakra for people. She might have eaten the fruit, but it all started with her. The Juubi is made of the Sacred tree and Kaguya, she is the origin after eating the fruit.

luckyguess

Neo Member
She is the origin of Chakra for people. She might have eaten the fruit, but it all started with her. The Juubi is made of the Sacred tree and Kaguya, she is the origin after eating the fruit.

You can't be the origin of something after it already existed. You either are or you aren't and she wasn't. The tree is the origin or maybe whatever the tree feeds on, so maybe chakra is actually from the Earth. Whatever the case, Chakra can still be obtained after Kaguya is gone and thus there will always be a threat of someone finding a way to abuse it, as she did.

Naruto did say to Neji when they where younger (in the Chunin Exams) that he was going to change the Hyuga and what better way then to marry in while being Hokage

There is a limit of how much you can absorb nature energy and Chakra. Unless that person can attain a body that can withstand it, I can't see that happening.

Madara was about to blow up with the amount of chakra Zetsu is pumping into him. The said next villain need to be some sort of prodigy above everybody else to pump that much natural energy into him/herself. Pumping more than the Juubi itself since Kaguya has much more Chakra than the Juubi.

I think that's ridiculous.

How disappointing.. No way it ends like this expecting that plot twist eventually.

Team 7 shares credit for saving the world lame. If Naruto is the chosen one he should have saved the world alone. Atleast do a Obito-Kakashi eye power trade with Sasuke and Naruto or something. Yeah looking forward to the chapters ahead but seems to be laughable at this point.

People questioning his motives and distrusting him doesn't confirm they will fight. That's just simply people being confused at his motives. I acknowledged that the bijuu thing seemed plausible. Him wanting to build a new system also doesn't confirm they will fight.

If Sasuke's motives ends up being something which the Narutoverse can agree on including Naruto then it's one of the worst red herrings Kishi ever pulled. Chapter 639 alone showed something's not right. Hell, couple of months ago when Kakashi and Sakura asked what he meant by becoming Hokage, even Naruto himself was suspicious of him. Why else would Kishi build suspense? If they have a different view on how the shinobi system should work, then they aren't going to debate it. Naruto said it, the only way they can properly communicate is through fists.

> don't make me list these everytime lol

You act like we've ever had this discussion before.

I had this discussion in this thread before and been having it on NF for a while now, it's getting tiresome.

So does Naruto still has all his powers? He lost the seal so I guess he can't heal people but he must still has his asura powers right (multiple arms, speed)

Namikaze1

He better. If Sasuke can keep his single Rinnegan, Naruto should keep his powers. Then again, Sasuke wouldn't have a chance against Kami-Naruto. Can his Sharingan even keep up with True Jinchuriki Mode Naruto's speed? You know what, Naruto is just too damn OP.

He got Kurama, the OP Sexy no Jutsu and its variants, his Rasengan and variants, Sage mode, shadow clones, Toads (Toads>>>>>>>>Snake), probably still has some of the power given to him by the other bijuus, and his most deadly weapon, the infamous Talk no Jutsu. Freaking OP'ed character.

If Sasuke's motives ends up being something which the Narutoverse can agree on including Naruto then it's one of the worst red herrings Kishi ever pulled. Chapter 639 alone showed something's not right. Hell, couple of months ago when Kakashi and Sakura asked what he meant by becoming Hokage, even Naruto himself was suspicious of him. Why else would Kishi build suspense? If they have a different view on how the shinobi system should work, then they aren't going to debate it. Naruto said it, the only way they can properly communicate is through fists.

What happened in 639? For the other thing, I never saw that as confirmation that they'd fight. I always just saw it as kishi trying to make people more interested in Sasuke's path or just making him seem more mysterious in general. I'm not saying that they 100% wont fight for one reason or another right now. Just incase you misunderstood me about this, I always saw them fighting for some reason sometime in the future, but I'd be surprised if it happened very soon on the war battlefield.

> I had this discussion in this thread before and been having it on NF for a while now, it's getting tiresome.

And this is the first time you're having it with me. You can't expect everyone to somehow be aware of your point of view just because you've had the discussion with a lot of people.

luckyguess

Neo Member
There is a limit of how much you can absorb nature energy and Chakra. Unless that person can attain a body that can withstand it, I can't see that happening.

Madara was about to blow up with the amount of chakra Zetsu is pumping into him. The said next villain need to be some sort of prodigy above everybody else to pump that much natural energy into him/herself. Pumping more than the Juubi itself since Kaguya has much more Chakra than the Juubi.

I think that's ridiculous.

If this is a fact, that means Kaguya was some sort of super-human being before she ate the chakra fruit. Why? What is she? There is a story behind that and I think that story leads to the possibility that another potential threat could exist.

He better. If Sasuke can keep his single Rinnegan, Naruto should keep his powers. Then again, Sasuke wouldn't have a chance against Kami-Naruto. Can his Sharingan even keep up with True Jinchuriki Mode Naruto's speed? You know what, Naruto is just too damn OP.

He got Kurama, the OP Sexy no Jutsu and its variants, his Rasengan and variants, Sage mode, shadow clones, Toads (Toads>>>>>>>>Snake), probably still has some of the power given to him by the other bijuus, and his most deadly weapon, the infamous Talk no Jutsu. Freaking OP'ed character.

I think Sasuke could hold is own with his perfect susano lol.

Well Kaguya doesn't look human. Hagaromo and Hamura even has horns. Both of them are pretty superhuman being able to take her on. Unlike Naruto, Hagaromo took on Kaguya without being a host.

Namikaze1

I think Sasuke could hold is own with his perfect susano lol.
His perfect Susanoo won't stop him from crying once Naruto pulls out a picture of a younger Itachi and him laughing together. How Naruto got the picture is a mystery.

Serious question: Is Susanoo capable of protecting a user from a full power Bijuudama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom