• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Kakashi wants Naruto to be Hokage. The entire village worships the dude. The only reason Naruto doesn't take the title is if he turns it down.

BOOK IT.

Erigu

It was at the time.
Exterminating the Uchiha (even the children) because some of them were plotting a coup d'état never was sensible.

Hard to place much value in your criticism of Naruto's charisma when he happens to the transmigrant son of a god and the Child of Prophecy.
That has nothing to do with charisma...

Experience demonstrably doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things considering Gaara had become Kazekage at a younger age.
Oh, I'm not arguing that Naruto makes much sense in the first place!

Frog-fu

Banned
Exterminating the Uchiha (even the children) because some of them were plotting a coup d'état never was sensible.

That has nothing to do with charisma...

Oh, I'm not arguing that Naruto makes much sense in the first place!

Children that would have likely grown up hating Konoha and plotting their revenge? Eh. Kishimoto pretty much skated over the other children in the Uchiha clan but if one were to commit to wiping out traitors, perhaps Danzō thought it was better to wipe them all out. In a time where Konoha was still weakened by the Kyūbi attack and on bad terms with Kumo and Iwa, I could imagine the sensible thing to do, to Danzō anyway, was to avoid a civil war at all cost.

You question Naruto's "power to change" people in the context of the story - a story in which the protagonist is the prophesied saviour of the world? Come now.

Then why bring it up?

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I agree Naruto should wait a couple of years. Why would Tsunade have step down before then, and why should Kakashi succeed her? I don't accept Kakashi is a better candidate and I don't accept that Naruto is not qualified to be Hokage. More than that, I don't like this last fucking minute changed that has Kakashi suddenly become the next Hokage even though readers have for years been waiting for Naruto to succeed Tsunade. It was even hinted at way back at the start of Part II when Konohamaru declared he would become the Seventh Hokage after Naruto had become the Sixth.

It genuinely angers me that there is a strong possibility Kakashi will become Sixth Hokage, and no matter what you or anyone else say, I will always hold it against Kishimoto and this manga if it happens. And that is saying something coming for me, as someone who has always given Kishimoto more credit and the benefit of the doubt more than most and perhaps more than he deserved at times. This is simply one of those things I can't and won't forgive.

Level-headed characters make sensible decisions. As the manga has so thoroughly shown us, those sensible decisions don't always end up being the best decisions in the long. Sometimes it better to empathise and decide on those feelings. That is the type of Hokage Naruto is going to be. He wouldn't necessarily do what is easy, but do what is right, even if others lack the courage, determination or the vision to do it, even if, should a similar situation to the Uchiha coup arrive, Naruto would likely succeed where the Third failed because of the kind of person he is, someone that will do right by everyone, someway, somehow. There is a reason Naruto's special kind of charisma keeps coming up and converting his enemies.

Now you're changing it to "readers have been waiting for years for Naruto to succeed Tsunade?" Readers of course want to see him become hokage at some point, you're the only one I've seen who is arguing that he needs to become hokage right after Tsundade or else f*** kishi. Like a declaration from Konohamaru saying he'd become the 6th hokage is really any solid reason that kishi is entitled to make it happen how you say it should. Well I've already said my reasons as to why I think Kakashi would be better for hokage at this point.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Children that would have likely grown up hating Konoha and plotting their revenge? Eh. Kishimoto pretty much skated over the other children in the Uchiha clan but if one were to commit to wiping out traitors, perhaps Danzō thought it was better to wipe them all out. In a time where Konoha was still weakened by the Kyūbi attack and on bad terms with Kumo and Iwa, I could imagine the sensible thing to do, to Danzō anyway, was to avoid a civil war at all cost.

You question Naruto's "power to change" people in the context of the story - a story in which the protagonist is the prophesied saviour of the world? Come now.

Then why bring it up?
you claim my perspective on the matter as well as others are baseless meanwhile yours is just as baseless as everyone else's. You are reading it as a fanboy with wanting naruto to achieve his goal no matter what although he does lack experience and a political background. Your basing your arguments on "well he defended the village and it's his dream why can't he become hokage next?" Remove the fanboyism from your comments and look at each individual member and what they bring to the village involving age, experience, teachings, knowledge etc and see who would be the better pick. Don't pick naruto because theres a manga named after him and because he is the main protagonist and because its his dream. You only want him to fulfil his dream so the story can come to a close the way you want it. however much like the ninja world and our world its never perfect and there isn't always a fairy tale ending. Will he be hokage next? Maybe, however doubtful. Will he be eventually? Yes

Maddocks

It is hard to say naruto is ready to be hokage when you have Tsunade and Jiraiya saying he isn't ready yet. Going by that time frame, that was maybe two months ago in that world when they said that.

Naruto is powerful and would show strength as leader, but he is also not level headed and while he is great in battle, he also still forgets the simple things in battle. He is not ready yet, but after a time skip? don't see why he can't be hokage. But from the looks of things, he is not going to be hokage till the end of the movie, maybe the final chapter of the manga will come out after the movie so the manga ends with him as hokage.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wow, that last chapter was so laughably bad I couldn't even laugh by the end. I just closed my browser tab and moved on.

Popping in to ask what the latest rumors are on a Part 3 for Naruto? Part 2 was, as a whole, horrid. After the Pain arc it was a spiral of shit. I'm wondering if there have been any chirps about Kishimoto continuing the series. I know about the last movie, but that's all.

wowza

It is hard to say naruto is ready to be hokage when you have Tsunade and Jiraiya saying he isn't ready yet. Going by that time frame, that was maybe two months ago in that world when they said that.

Naruto is powerful and would show strength as leader, but he is also not level headed and while he is great in battle, he also still forgets the simple things in battle. He is not ready yet, but after a time skip? don't see why he can't be hokage. But from the looks of things, he is not going to be hokage till the end of the movie, maybe the final chapter of the manga will come out after the movie so the manga ends with him as hokage.
Meh, Naruto has grown a ton though in that short time span. He was forced to. Not only that he has been doing the work of the hokage during this war by putting the village on his back. There is no one more qualified than him. Only thing he probably couldn't do is the paper work.

Maybe they'll invent a new position just for Naruto. The protector of the village. The super Sanin.

Wow, that last chapter was so laughably bad I couldn't even laugh by the end. I just closed my browser tab and moved on.

Popping in to ask what the latest rumors are on a Part 3 for Naruto? Part 2 was, as a whole, horrid. After the Pain arc it was a spiral of shit. I'm wondering if there have been any chirps about Kishimoto continuing the series. I know about the last movie, but that's all.
no part 3 rumours but we also don't know what this "new era project" entails. Is it just one movie? Extended epilogue for the manga as well? Who knows. And don't you dare shit on the kage summit arc.

Maddocks

He was forced to become more smart in battle, but not more smart in everyday policy and politics.

He can be hokage, but he wont be hokage right now. That the point people miss. He wants it, but will he accept it. Will he willingly wait and travel? Probably. I have said it before, he will become hokage, just not tomorrow in the manga world. He will wait 5-10 years no doubt in my mind.

Erigu

Children that would have likely grown up hating Konoha and plotting their revenge?
That assumption is both silly and awful. "Hey, we can't just put that one criminal in jail, we'd better do the same to his entire family, or they might try and avenge him later on!" Sensible!

You question Naruto's "power to change" people in the context of the story - a story in which the protagonist is the prophesied saviour of the world?
Well, yes? I don't care if he's said to be the child of the prophecy or whatever, and neither do his enemies. What matters is what he says to "convert" them, and Naruto's speeches are terrible ("hey, we had the same master, and the guy thought I was destined to fix everything wrong in the world, so you should just give up on your plans altogether and join me instead!"), so his supposed charisma is bunk. The writer just doesn't sell it.

Then why bring it up?
Because poor logic doesn't suddenly become valid simply because we're talking about a poorly written series?

if they ever made a real life movie made it that tone and that close to the characters with an above average script it would be a success

I always thought it would be similar to the harry potter series.

Movie 1 - Beginning, Land of Waves arc

Movie 2 - Chunnin Exams stuff, Invasion of Konoha

Movie 3 - Search for Tsunade, Sasuke Retrieval

And can continue go on with shippuden. Hopefully they would have the creative freedom to alter things a bit as well.

Frog-fu

Banned
Now you're changing it to "readers have been waiting for years for Naruto to succeed Tsunade?" Readers of course want to see him become hokage at some point, you're the only one I've seen who is arguing that he needs to become hokage right after Tsundade or else f*** kishi. Like a declaration from Konohamaru saying he'd become the 6th hokage is really any solid reason that kishi is entitled to make it happen how you say it should. Well I've already said my reasons as to why I think Kakashi would be better for hokage at this point.

If you think I'm the only one that is or would be pissed with Kakashi becoming Hokage before Naruto, then you're not looking in the right places.

I think you meant obligation, but I get your point just fine. Kishimoto has done a fine job of fucking up his manga thus far, what's one more annoyance, right? I don't particularly care whether you think Kakashi would be a better Hokage. I expressed a sentiment you took issue with and I defended my assertion.

you claim my perspective on the matter as well as others are baseless meanwhile yours is just as baseless as everyone else's. You are reading it as a fanboy with wanting naruto to achieve his goal no matter what although he does lack experience and a political background. Your basing your arguments on "well he defended the village and it's his dream why can't he become hokage next?" Remove the fanboyism from your comments and look at each individual member and what they bring to the village involving age, experience, teachings, knowledge etc and see who would be the better pick. Don't pick naruto because theres a manga named after him and because he is the main protagonist and because its his dream. You only want him to fulfil his dream so the story can come to a close the way you want it. however much like the ninja world and our world its never perfect and there isn't always a fairy tale ending. Will he be hokage next? Maybe, however doubtful. Will he be eventually? Yes

It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. Don't get heated because you couldn't refute any of my points with your recycled bullshit.

Anyone that picked up the manga or anime and followed the story from start to finish will at least have the expectation that Naruto becomes Hokage. The fanbase of the character, which I remind you is pretty fucking large, has been waiting for Naruto to become Hokage for up to 15 years.

Having Kishimoto pull this shit in the last 20 chapters or so after having 680 fucking chapters of Naruto declaring he'll become Hokage over and over again, and other notable characters acknowledge that, only for Kakashi step in at the last fucking minute - that shit would be like another pirate crew finding One Piece before Luffy does. Fans shouldn't have to put up with that. Hardly anyone I know outside of you people is okay with the idea of being Hokage.

Had Kakashi become Hokage after Tsunade went into a coma, I would have been okay with. Had Kakashi had become Hokage after Danzō died, I would have been okay with that.

If Kakashi becomes Hokage now, at the very last minute, because Obito - of all fucking people - told him to, despite the fact there is no real reason for him to become Hokage. a position he has never expressed any desire for, that is not acceptable. I don't know or particularly care whether you are simply being an apologist for Kishimoto or are genuinely OK with it, but you have no business telling me I shouldn't be angry after all these years.

This reminds me of the How I Met Your Mother finale, where everyone but a small number of fans was pissed and were told not to be angry because, despite what they had been led to believe, shit didn't end the way it did, and I'd say this is even worse.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I doubt we will be denied seeing Naruto become Hokage, even if Kakashi does it first. We'll probably have some flash forwards if there doesn't end up being a part 3, or if the movie project doesn't go that far.

If you think I'm the only one that is or would be pissed with Kakashi becoming Hokage before Naruto, then you're not looking in the right places.

I think you meant obligation, but I get your point just fine. Kishimoto has done a fine job of fucking up his manga thus far, what's one more annoyance, right? I don't particularly care whether you think Kakashi would be a better Hokage. I expressed a sentiment you took issue with and I defended my assertion.

Point is, I already explained why I think he'd be a better hokage and I don't really care if you agree at this point since we've said pretty much everything on the matter.

And yes, don't try to act like you're not in the small minority of people who would find it "unforgivable" to make Kakashi hokage before Naruto. It's probably still far from the ending of the series if there indeed going to be a part 3.

Maddocks

All the messageboards I visit that talk about naruto really don't care if he is hokage at the end, they just want a satisfying end. Kakashi was already voted to be hokage once when tsunade couldn't continue, after all it was up to a nomination and vote.

At the end I wouldn't mind if he doesn't get the title, because i know he will get it one day.

luckyguess

Neo Member
While I could live with the series ending without Naruto becoming Hokage, I don't see why Kishimoto wouldn't end it that way. No matter how good the ending might be, it would not be perfect without that happening.

As for Kakashi being Hokage... Why? I think that's what is pissing people off about the idea. Why complicate the plot by shoehorning Kakashi in there before Naruto, needlessly? Yeah, the story teased the idea of him becoming the next Hokage when Danzo died and although Kakashi stepped up out of a sense of duty, he clearly didn't want the title and was relieved when it didn't happen.

The only reason I can imagine Kishimoto having Obito say that to Kakashi is to usher in a progression for part 3 to change things up a bit. I think Naruto will be Hokage at the end of the series. Therefore Kakashi being Hokage is an excuse to keep Naruto out of the seat for a couple more years during part 3 while letting us see another side of Kakashi.

Also, there is a lot of speculation as to why Kakashi stated that the Kaguya battle was Team 7's last mission. I think he said that merely because the team has reached the point where it is time to go their separate ways and train their own teams. I always got the impression that this eventually happens with every team at a certain point.

If there is a part 3, I think Kishimoto's intent is to depict a changing of roles for every one of the main characters. If that is the case, Kakashi as Hokage would make a lot of sense.

I keep saying it but the only way Naruto doesn't become Hokage is if he doesn't want to be one just yet. Does anyone honestly think Kakashi would accept the role over Naruto? No way. If there is anyone who thinks the world of the kid it's him.

darknil

I just don't see Naruto as Hokage anymore. Since the time skip becoming Hokage was not Naruto's goal anymore, first it was to retrieve Sasuke, and then he wanted peace.

I totally see Naruto as Jiraiya, traveling as a counselor for keeping the peace. Becoming more than just a ninja (or hokage) of the Leaf village.

I just don't see Naruto as Hokage anymore. Since the time skip becoming Hokage was not Naruto's goal anymore, first it was to retrieve Sasuke, and then he wanted peace.

I totally see Naruto as Jiraiya, traveling as a counselor for keeping the peace. Becoming more than just a ninja (or hokage) of the Leaf village.
I could see that as well. Or maybe there will be Hokage for each village and then one person above them all. Super Kage. That person would oversee everything. It would have to be someone everyone trusts and wants to be there and there is no one the ninja world loves more than Naruto right now.

Honestly, this could go so many ways. That's why I can't wait for this war arc to officially be over. The aftermath excites me.

luckyguess

Neo Member
I keep saying it but the only way Naruto doesn't become Hokage is if he doesn't want to be one just yet. Does anyone honestly think Kakashi would accept the role over Naruto? No way. If there is anyone who thinks the world of the kid it's him.

Are you forgetting that he almost did just that like a couple days previous to where the story currently is? Everyone was worshiping Naruto as the savior of the village at that time. It would have been feasible for Kakashi to turn down Hokage and nominate Naruto but he didn't, which shows that even he feels that Naruto probably is not quite ready.

Kakashi was literally nominated like 2 days ago in the Naruto world.

I'm really curious about what's going to happen tomorrow, I hope we get at least one last villain before the Sasuke spanking, sorry for not posting much lately. I keep forgetting Community exists.

naruto%2B691.jpg

Namikaze1

Hey Bro, Naruto just understands. (of course is not because he was friendzone but rather because she died)
You're right that it's because she died. Besides, he was friendzoned before all that happened anyway. Rin was after Kakashi's lightning blade after all. *wink wink nudge nudge*

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
For Obito, seeing Rin die was the last straw in a series of terrible events, and it happened at the perfect time after Madara had already begun to Palpatine him over to the dark side. He knew he had no chance at being with her, but watching Kakashi be the one to kill her was basically the moment that defined his decision to leave his old self behind. Rin is the embodiment of Obito's "ideal" life, both as what he desired when he a normal kid and the life he lived during that time.

Even when he's talking to Kakashi after his identity reveal, he says "If I had to give a reason... it's because you let Rin die". He had to think about it for a moment and then realized that it was at that moment that Obito became Tobi.

He's not mad he got friendzoned - he seemed to accept that fact. He's mad that his childhood and the world he envisioned and even hoped that he could return to was (in his eyes) ripped away from him in the most unceremonious way possible. If you're going to nail Obito for anything, blame him for listening to Madara's brainwashing and going back to him instead of returning to the village with Kakashi.

I don't even know where a part 3 could go. We've seen brilliant usage of a handful of techniques fall to the wayside for specific abilities and sheer power.

darknil

Just watched the first opening of Naruto Shippuden, I wish that movie has the exciment of the chunin exams or the first episodes of shippuden.

Maddocks

Time at accept the new release schedule of thursday/friday. Going to be like that for a good while I assume. Last crackdown it was delayed for a couple months and then it went back to its usual schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom