• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I think it makes perfect sense to try to keep the anime going for as long as it can since Naruto is still popular.

Well.....ending spoilers ahead:

its not like they don't have a part 3 to animate :D or they could give us more worthwhile filler like the gap in between 699 and 700.

I'm actually looking forward to this filler though. I'm just really anticipating the climax of this series in the anime.

There's quite a number of insane long fights coming up ahead, so while I'm sure there's a business reason for extending the show, it also serves to give the A and B teams the nessesary time to animate the fights properly while the C and D teams handle the filler.

phaze

Well that does make more sense. Always thought this would be a decent idea for filler if needed. Not that Pierrot will manage to make anything good out of it.

Ugh, how long is this filler supposed to last?

Kakashi arc a year ago took like an entire cour -13 episodes and I think this there's a good chance this will be similar.

This has to be the worst time for a fill arc to start ever :^l

Why? Kiba finally takes his rightful place as the main protagonist and we get to see his rise to Chunin !

Why? Kiba finally takes his rightful place as the main protagonist and we get to see his rise to Chunin !

Weeeeell...I guess more Akamaru can't be a bad thing.

anime-akamaru-174683.gif

Can I get an ID on a song if possible?

I've gone through every song I could find regarding the Naruto Shippuden OST but I can't find this one damn song...

the song plays from 1:30 - 2:40ish in Episode 387.

anyone able to help please?

phaze

Can I get an ID on a song if possible?

I've gone through every song I could find regarding the Naruto Shippuden OST but I can't find this one damn song...

the song plays from 1:30 - 2:40ish in Episode 387.

anyone able to help please?

Assuming you mean the song that plays from 3:00 in crunchyroll release - it's an unreleased track that seems to go by the name of Kushina Theme.

phaze

Are we getting a new episode today? From the new arc right?

Nope. No episode today, filler (+new ED) starts next week.

#394 (January 8):
The New Chūnin Exams
#395 (January 15):
The Chūnin Exams, Start!
#396 (January 22):
The Three Problems
#397 (January 29):
The Person Who is Suitable for a Leader

Sesha

Well the new ending was nice....lol. Why do they have to drag it out, just get to the exams already -___-

It's called set up. It's something the Naruto franchise has been incapable of doing for many years now, so I can understand how you would be confused and impatient. It'll probably be better to watch all of it in one go once the arc is finished.

Fantastic start to the new chuuniin exams. Loved the scene of getting how the other villages viewed this move and seeing them in this pre war condition. Almost forgot how everything was before the arc.

Looking forward to what Akatsuki may show up, and hopefully more Jiraiya Naruto training segments.

It's called set up. It's something the Naruto franchise has been incapable of doing for many years now, so I can understand how you would be confused and impatient. It'll probably be better to watch all of it in one go once the arc is finished.

I enjoyed the insight to the process and the other village's reactions. It also introduced a sub plot but it could of been more concise.

Sesha

I enjoyed the insight to the process and the other village's reactions. It also introduced a sub plot but it could of been more concise.

Well, yeah, the writing could have been better, as the pacing was way off. And they could have done more with the villages' responses. But I guess since this is restricted by canon there isn't much they could have done anyway.

Still, if this arc ends up at least decent I'm gonna pretend it's canon and that Kishimoto just forgot to include it and that everything turned to crap since then.

So is Killer Bee dead now? Like, don't tell me, I don't want spoilers (only watch the anime), just wondering was there a reason we're supposed to know of as to how he would survive having the 8 tails separated from him?

LordAlu

So is Killer Bee dead now? Like, don't tell me, I don't want spoilers (only watch the anime), just wondering was there a reason we're supposed to know of as to how he would survive having the 8 tails separated from him?
You will get to see what happened to Bee later.

My absolute favorite part of the start of this arc: the two frames (being generous) of animation they used to depict A speaking. Just kidding, but WOW was this episode filled with jank. Promising start, I actually enjoy the shinobi world-building and bureaucracy stuff quite a bit.

phaze

Those Sand plotters are the worst conspirators ever.

"This Yura guy is onto us"
*Yura* "Hey guys, security around the Kazekage will be lax during the exam" *leaves*
"We should totally kill Gaara during those ! What could possibly go wrong ?"

phaze

Your beloved chunin exam arc will extend into the spring ! (till summer at the very least I imagine.)

#403(March 12) - Unwavering Gutsiness
#404 (March 19) - Tenten's Problem
#405 (March 26) - Two Persons Trapped
#406 (April 2) - My Own Place
#407 (April 9) - Yamanaka Clan's Hiden Ninjutsu

Your beloved chunin exam arc will extend into the spring ! (till summer at the very least I imagine.)

-___-

Still I'm looking forward to the rest of the Chunin exam and 1v1 battles especially.

At least we get a new ending and opening starting 406.

Cool, with the exception of the last episode I've been enjoying this arc. With the manga over I'm hungry for any new Naruto I can get!

Tenten needs more exposure and I'm okay with that. The thing about this Chunin exam is that everyone seems to be nice and the konoha 11 seem over powered. I guess you can't have too many notable characters in a filler.

Moaradin

Holy shit does every episode need a long flashback? Way to drag this out. At least the new OP is pretty cool. Shows some fights that I'd much rather see!

phaze

Holy shit does every episode need a long flashback? Way to drag this out. At least the new OP is pretty cool. Shows some fights that I'd much rather see!

Watched a few seconds of the episode to get to new OP and ED. So they're still in the second round ? Smh

As for the opening and ending - They're pretty good but I feel - let down by the music. Fun traditional art in the backgrounds for the OP. ED feels like the equivalent of that Obito ED but with actual animation in it. Pretty neat, especially all the flashback shots. But I swear, there was a time in the past where they didn't feel the need to spoil every single, bloody plotpoint in the opening.

In bigger news - Hiroyuki Yamashita (directed 322, 245, 375) is the director for the upcoming new Naruto movie. Say goodbye to any meaningful animation/ episodes from him !

Mild post-Naruto manga spoilers, but I had a question about the remaining episodes here and the timing of it all:

Am I crazy or isn't a new show starring Bolt starting in the Summer? Could've sworn I read that, so that means this is going to wrap up in a few months right? I still feel like there's way more manga to get through, especially given the current pace.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/03/...-new-manga-chapters-anime-series-coming-soon/ - Heavier spoilers in this link, don't click unless you're current.

Reading the link it seems like RocketNews just misinterpreted and it's referring to the new movie; they say the spin-off manga is only listed for one issue of Jump but we know that's incorrect.

Mild post-Naruto manga spoilers, but I had a question about the remaining episodes here and the timing of it all:

Am I crazy or isn't a new show starring Bolt starting in the Summer? Could've sworn I read that, so that means this is going to wrap up in a few months right? I still feel like there's way more manga to get through, especially given the current pace.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/03/...-new-manga-chapters-anime-series-coming-soon/ - Heavier spoilers in this link, don't click unless you're current.

Reading the link it seems like RocketNews just misinterpreted and it's referring to the new movie; they say the spin-off manga is only listed for one issue of Jump but we know that's incorrect.

New manga, Naruto Gaiden starts April 20. Last time I heard it will have 12 chapters. Movie called Boruto: Naruto the Movie is coming August 7. The anime won't be ending for quite some time. My guess is it will draw towards the end of the year.

That new opening is soooo hype. Love the ending as well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The latest(and maybe last?) OP and ED of naruto shippuden is pretty damn great. basically confirms theres actually only a few episodes left of the filler aswell.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Watched a few seconds of the episode to get to new OP and ED. So they're still in the second round ? Smh

As for the opening and ending - They're pretty good but I feel - let down by the music. Fun traditional art in the backgrounds for the OP. ED feels like the equivalent of that Obito ED but with actual animation in it. Pretty neat, especially all the flashback shots. But I swear, there was a time in the past where they didn't feel the need to spoil every single, bloody plotpoint in the opening.

In bigger news - Hiroyuki Yamashita (directed 322, 245, 375) is the director for the upcoming new Naruto movie. Say goodbye to any meaningful animation/ episodes from him !

Its possible he got that stuff out the way before starting production on the movie, afterall working on a 30 mins episode shouldnt be too much worse compared to a 1:30+ movie.

New manga, Naruto Gaiden starts April 20. Last time I heard it will have 12 chapters. Movie called Boruto: Naruto the Movie is coming August 7. The anime won't be ending for quite some time. My guess is it will draw towards the end of the year.

That new opening is soooo hype. Love the ending as well.
Thanks! Kinda what I thought, got led astray by the mistranslation.

Saw that. Iirc thats the first time he is directing. Bodes well for the new movie if true.

Although I wouldn't worry about animation in the anime. Naruto has had a score of talented animators work on the show's fights.

Moaradin

Ugh, this filler became so boring. 14 episodes and still no end in sight. They better fucking go all out on the fights once it gets back to canon.

phaze

Ugh, this filler became so boring. 14 episodes and still no end in sight. They better fucking go all out on the fights once it gets back to canon.

I heartily thank the awfulness of episode 400 (or 399) for freeing me of the need to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom