• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

atr0cious

I lost my second game in a row in MyCareer where my rookie scored 30+ points with an A+ teamwork grade, but my team fails me and tries for very dumb shots. My guy gets yelled at for being happy about his own stats, while the team lost. Me, I think it's everyone else's fault we lost.
I've stopped going to practice because of this and now I think the team chemistry meter is bugged. It'll be different every time you check it regardless of what you do.

Also, if you're playing on Switch and don't have a pro controller, I recommended the joycon battery pack grips. They're currently on sale on Amazon and maybe placebo affect, but I have big hands and now I have more control over my stick controls. In 9 minute quarters of my career, doing 30+ as a PF shot creator now, where before I was doing around low 20s.

So, I traded in my original 6'4 Shot Creating Playmaker for these 3:

6'4 Shot Creating Slasher SG
6'4 Playmaking Sharpshooter PG
6'6 Pure Sharpshooter SF

And I still have my fat ass lumbering post scoring rebounding center.

I haven't upgraded either of my shooters, but I will say that I don't like my shot creating slasher that much. He feels slow compared to the other two, I probably just have to get used to it though. Once I unequipped some BS dunk animations, it performed better.

Primary Slasher Secondary Shot Creator? Mine is 6’8 and gets an 80 Speed. Once you get your badges past bronze, they get pretty crazy. Only thing is 2K still bullshits on what animations they use so my guy keeps pulling up, taking step backs, or doing stupid layup animations when I’m trying to end someone’s basketball career. Plus, the blow bye animations are pretty dope for us. My gold relentless finisher and gold acrobat puts in work. I bet HoF will be ridiculous.

Oh and they can shoot. I’m sure you have a jump shot already. I think I’m a bit over 50% on 3s and they’ve been on the wing mostly.

Primary Slasher Secondary Shot Creator? Mine is 6’8 and gets an 80 Speed. Once you get your badges past bronze, they get pretty crazy. Only thing is 2K still bullshits on what animations they use so my guy keeps pulling up, taking step backs, or doing stupid layup animations when I’m trying to end someone’s basketball career. Plus, the blow bye animations are pretty dope for us. My gold relentless finisher and gold acrobat puts in work. I bet HoF will be ridiculous.

Oh and they can shoot. I’m sure you have a jump shot already. I think I’m a bit over 50% on 3s and they’ve been on the wing mostly.

Primary shot creator, slasher secondary.

I'm sure once I get badges it'll be a beast...but those badges are hard as hell to get :(
How did you grind stuff like relentless and acrobat? Pulling those off in a game situation is a lot harder now.

Primary shot creator, slasher secondary.

I'm sure once I get badges it'll be a beast...but those badges are hard as hell to get :(
How did you grind stuff like relentless and acrobat? Pulling those off in a game situation is a lot harder now.

That might explain why I can’t grind out tear dropper right now lol.

I haven’t been playing much lately but I was just calling ISO from top of the key and hit right stick up for rhythm dribble and 9/10 I’ll get the blow bye animation, drive baseline, and then I’d just do a reverse layup or contact dunk. I’m not sure if reverse triggers relentless Finisher or not but I know contact dunk always triggers relentless Finisher.

For drills, I grinded 2v2 PnR. Basically same thing except I didn’t drive baseline since they set the pick towards to hoop. I just did that and then let go of turbo and double tap shoot for euro steps. That’s only for acrobat I think. You can use this drill for posterizer and relentless Finisher too if you dunk instead. Or floaters for tear dropper.

New Patch out.

General

- The Classic Edition uniforms for the Bucks, Hornets, Lakers, and Suns have been added to the game. Look for these to be released in the next roster update!
- Five new shoes have been added to the game: BBB ZO2: Prime, Jordan CP3.X AE, Jordan Super.Fly 2017, Nike Foamposite One, and Kobe A.D. NXT. Look for these to be released in the next roster update!
- Improvements to the CAP/Lab user interface.
- New CAP facial hair: 18 new beards, 2 new mustaches, and introducing 8 facial stubble styles that can be mixed & matched with our various hair styles.
- Girth now changes when adjusting weight in roster Create-A-Player.
- Added eyebrows and eye colors to the roster Create-A-Player.
- Detroit Pistons court floor updated has been updated to their new Platinum Equity floor.
- Orlando Magic court floor has been updated.
- Player names are no longer cutoff in the uniform editor when creating a uniform.
- (Switch) Game no longer suspends when pressing the home button while in a Play With Friends locker room. This will prevent the accidental disconnects reported to us.
- (PC) Coaches Clipboard timeout prompt will no longer appear off-screen on 21:9 monitors.
- (PC) Mouse support has been added to the MyCOURT Customization menu.
Gameplay

- The number of left ankle injuries should now be greatly reduced during user-played games.
- Added more variety to the types of injuries that can occur in-game.
- Attempting icon passing while posting up will no longer disengage you from post.
- More responsive triple threat moves when crowded by a defender.
- Fixed a dribbling issue that would cause escape crosses and hesitations to sometimes face sideways.
- Made catching passes in the corner more reliable.
- Made some improvements to the screen system to improve reliability and user control.
- Edited several off-ball ride/deny animations to improve user control and visual fidelity.
- Fixed an issue with putback layups that would sometimes cause them to hit the front rim or bottom of the backboard.
- Fixed a bug that would cause defenders to pop to a stand while lying on the ground after a hard foul.
- Various improvements to the Teammate Grading system.
- Fixed issues where defenders were set to GAP, ignoring user and ACE settings.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when the ball boy picked up the ball while it’s in play.
- “After Foul” animations updated to prevent hands from clipping into the head of another player.
- When the offensive team wins a jump ball, the shot clock should now be reset.
- Addressed a case where defensive settings inside the Coaches Clipboard were not sticking after being changed.
- Fixed an issue where a player on the losing team would sometimes celebrate with the winning team when his team lost the game.
MyCAREER

- On-Court shoes are now free for the given shoe company your MyPLAYER has a contract with.
- Updated MyCOURT murals for: Thunder, Bulls, Pelicans, Mavericks, Nuggets, and Rockets.
- Support for subtitles has been added for the on-court interviews following a played NBA game.
- The user’s VC balance will now correctly display the current VC total in the post-game recap following a played NBA game where the received teammate grade was D+ or lower.
- XB1 Silver and PS4 Non-Plus users can now play MyCOURT drills with AI players they invite over.
- The in-game framerate will no longer hiccup when the ‘My Matchup’ overlay is on the screen.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when the coach caught the ball during a live practice.
- The shot meter will now display when taking shots outside of the court while playing HORSE in your MyCOURT.
- Logos for the events on the event calendar app on the 2K phone should now always appear alongside the correct event.
- The Karl Anthony-Towns pre-game scene will no longer repeat every time you play him.
- Fixed a hang that would occur when selecting the “I’m always in rhythm” answer upon David Aldridge asking you how you were able to find your rhythm during the current game.
Neighborhood / Playground

- New Player Edition NBA Nike Jerseys (and more!) in the NBA Store: Wade, Carmelo, I. Thomas, D. Rose, K. Thompson, D. Green, A. Wiggins, B. Ingram.
- The displayed VC balance should now correctly match what was earned after a played Playground game (the earned VC was there all along, but the balance was not always getting refreshed).
- A number of performance and stability improvements for the Ruffles event.
- Controllers Settings should now apply to Playground games.
- Gamertags will no longer cover the turbo meter in Playground games.
- Fixed a stutter that would occur when people are playing on the courts and someone levels up.
- The correct score will now be attributed to the correct team during in-progress Playground games when queued up on a Got Next spot.
- Shots will no longer queue up when playing the mini-basketball game in the 2K Zone, making it easier to develop a smooth rhythm.
- The Who To Guard indicator has been re-designed to make it easier for you to quickly identify the offensive player you should be guarding in Playground games.
- Player signature walks that incorporated a basketball will now correctly draw the ball when performed in the Playground area of the neighborhood.
- (XB1) Fixed an issue where the game became unstable when a team attempted to use custom Pro-Am Away uniforms.
- (PC) The shot release text will now provide accurate feedback when using a keyboard to shoot ball in the mini-basketball game located in the 2K Zone.
Pro-Am

- Resolved Pro-Am Accessory issues that prohibited them from showing up correctly in the closet.
- Users will no longer earn progress toward their badges and cap breakers while the AI plays for them after fouling out in Pro-Am games.
- Fixed a case where users were not getting paid their full VC amount after Pro-Am games.
- When a team quits out of a Pro-Am game, the remaining team will no longer obtain the badge progress and progress of the team that quit out.
- The team overall will now calculate correctly on the loading screen of a Pro-Am game when there is at least one CPU player on the team.
- Fixed the issue where arena changes would fail to be applied the first time ‘Save Changes and Exit’ was selected when attempting to make changes to your Pro-Am Team Arena.
MyTEAM

- Users can now use strategy cards in Super Max games in MyTEAM.
- Strategy cards are now stackable, in quantities of 20.
- Non-NBA balls will now properly appear in your home court when set in the Edit Franchise menu.
- Users will no longer be automatically taken to the Edit Lineups menu after upgrading a player’s badge.
- Users that excessively foul in online multiplayer MyTEAM games will now get kicked and given a loss.
- The “Replace Player” option has moved from the Edit Player menu to the Edit Lineup menu for usability improvements.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE

- To satisfy a popular community request, the NBA logo has been removed from the created uniform template in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.
- The CPU will no longer override user-made decisions during the Qualifying Offers offseason time period.
- CPU teams will now be more conscientious of when they should renounce the rights to their players during the offseason.
- Fixed a hang that would occur for some users when they were signing a two-way player for the remainder of the season.
- Fixed a soft hang during the draft in MyGM/MyLEAGUE when the user attempted to negotiate a trade.
- Addressed a fantasy draft issue where certain players were being incorrectly omitted from the selected player pool.
- Fixed a case where we were incorrectly determining that a user was trying to maintain the rights to too many Draft & Stash players (it would force you to release a player you should have been able to sign).
- Addressed a case where a Draft & Stash player would appear on a G-League roster prior to his signing an NBA contract.
- Identified and corrected an issue that would lead to the inability to load your MyGM file. For those previously affected by this, your save will now properly load.
- Baskets will now count for the correct amount of points when the league approves the rule change that grants automatic points to be granted on shooting fouls (in lieu of free throws).
- Attendance will no longer show as 0% for playoff games in the financial information menu of MyGM.
Many other small bug fixes and adjustments were also made, game-wide.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Now you Switch owners will have to wait another whole 2 weeks before you get it when Patch 3 was like a couple of days ago lol.

Guess they secretly 'fixed' the 1 and 20 minutes quarters and rookie difficulty in MyCareer. :^)

Fixed as in, if you have it set to 1 min before the patch, it changes back? NEver changing my minutes if that’s the case.

Edit: yup. It’s fixed. Saw it on reddit. Damn I’m only a silver on my sharpshooter. Whatever.

cHinzo

They also cut out Pro-Am VC in half. Only 300 VC for a win instead of 600. >_> Of course this shit isn't in the patch notes.

ctfg23

I started a new career yesterday with a pure sharp on rookie, going to be SO pissed if it's automatically switched to pro difficulty.

I did the same thing last night and mine automatically changed to pro.

I think they also nerfed limitless range. Players with Hall of Fame like Curry used to be able to get green releases from the logo and now I can't get it to work, even on rookie.

I think they also nerfed limitless range. Players with Hall of Fame like Curry used to be able to get green releases from the logo and now I can't get it to work, even on rookie.

Well I guess the nerf is good. Might just shelf my pure sharp for now then until I just get enough VC to max him. It gets a little annoying when people just hide behind screens and shoot from 40 ft lol.

Fucks sake.

I don't mind nerfing shooting but the pro difficulty makes it so hard to get mid-range hot zones. I made a playmaking shot creator before they added the ability to see the attributes when upgrading, I made him shorter for extra speed with ball/ball handling but he's capped at the same level as if I had him 6'4 and I'm kinda stuck with him now.

R3TRODYCE

New patch is out on the Switch. That was a lot faster than I was expecting considering how late the last one was.

The static sound is still there in cutscenes...

cHinzo

New patch just dropped on PC too. Rip signature shoes and somehow u can only buy a yellow headband for Pro-Am? Any way to get other colors?

I feel like my 3pt got nerfed as well. Shot Creating Slasher. My 3 should max at 70 and I had two notches left. Could’ve sworn I was at a 68 but now it’s a 66. Hmm...

ctfg23

I feel like my 3pt got nerfed as well. Shot Creating Slasher. My 3 should max at 70 and I had two notches left. Could’ve sworn I was at a 68 but now it’s a 66. Hmm...
Yeah I'm a pure sharpshooter and when not in a game I have a 96 open 3 but in game I have a 92.

Apparently they also reduced the VC payout for Team Pro-Am games?

This shit is shameless, fucking over the consumer harder and harder with each update. I'm never buying a 2K/Take-Two game ever again, and that includes the next Red Dead game.

Fuck. This. Shit.

This shit is shameless, fucking over the consumer harder and harder with each update. I'm never buying a 2K/Take-Two game ever again, and that includes the next Red Dead game.

Fuck. This. Shit.

That and it feels like they keep changing drill difficulty/requirement.

But yeah. We got tons of problems and so far it seems like the only things that get patched relate to taking VC from us.

MattDoza

Fuck. This. Shit.

I believe it's just performance based, and not a set amount.

800 for A+
700 for A
600 for A-
500 for B+
400 for B
300 for B-
and so on

And you get that regardless of whether you win or lose. If you win you get a default payout that I believe is 600VC. (I may be mistaken on that amount, correct me if I'm wrong)

cHinzo

I believe it's just performance based, and not a set amount.

800 for A+
700 for A
600 for A-
500 for B+
400 for B
300 for B-
and so on

And you get that regardless of whether you win or lose. If you win you get a default payout that I believe is 600VC. (I may be mistaken on that amount, correct me if I'm wrong)

Changed from 600 to 300 VC.

ViciousDS

Banned
oh how nice.....the update broke VC even more

I'm only getting paid my salary in games and its not giving me VC for my performance now

WHAT THE FUCK

hyp

at least the patch fixed the ability to get endorsed by Nike. i was almost through a full season and after the patch i finally got the offer.

New to this...so I have an AI question. Is the AI in these games known to blatantly cheat?

On rookie I win by 20.

On Pro, however, I lose by 30. Only 4-6 points per quarter, cumulatively, but the past game I played I got within 8 and they (the AI opponent) started taking running 3's or fast break ones, and hitting every single one! And quickly they went up by 20 again.

Or my teammates would stand around while they ran circles around them at midrange. Meanwhile their players are making fast cuts to the hoop. All within a few minutes.

I played two games back to back where this sudden spike in AI skill happened. Is this normal or my imagination? It doesn't happen on rookie. Any tips of settings I can tweak to stop this?

New to this...so I have an AI question. Is the AI in these games known to blatantly cheat?
/QUOTE]

Yes but it's not as bad in the lower difficulties. Games are scripted in 2K. If 2K doesn't want you to win, you probably will not win. Really nothing you can do about it honestly. Only suggestion is play as smart as you can.

norm9

Do you all make a life size persona, or do you go mutant superstar? My point guard is usually like 6'9" 6'10" so I can just post up over shorties.

/QUOTE]

Yes but it's not as bad in the lower difficulties. Games are scripted in 2K. If 2K doesn't want you to win, you probably will not win. Really nothing you can do about it honestly. Only suggestion is play as smart as you can.

I see. Thanks. I guess I'll stick to playing against human opponents online.

R00bot

/QUOTE]

I came up against a game that was scripted against me the other day. I realised it was scripted and would not let 2K beat me, so I continually quit and retried the game until I FINALLY got the win after 5-6 tries. It was brutal but it was worth it. I feel like 2K is cheating me so I won't hold back from using slightly unfair tactics such as retrying games over and over to even the scales.

Now my boys have a 15 game winning streak no thanks to 2k.

abuC

Does anyone want to be in a PS4 league? We're doing a draft tomorrow at 10:30, HOF and onball defense.

My PSN is the same if you want to join just message.

To the someone on this thread who said to turn off the meter, I wanna say thank you! I have noticed myself getting a lot more shots in now by just feeling the rumble and letting go of the button as soon as I feel it

cHinzo

e08ldsbfw1sz.jpg

Guess 2K is also messing with jumpshots again. It always feels weird to use the same jumpshot and suddenly u aren't hitting shit anymore with it, even though u haven't done any changes.

Luckily I use the dumb looking base 8 form, which prolly doesn't get nerfed, but still. Their priorities are really off on deciding what to fix in this game.

Seriously, the hell is wrong with them?

Not only that...but what you earn in drills keeps changing.

Please fix the goddamn shit that matters.

ViciousDS

Banned
im fucking done.....going back to old 2k's even with offline career.....as least those mycareers are not gimped to shit.

They have no QA on their game

They fix VC methods and ways of getting things without VC via glitches first before anything else.

Fuck your lost player, fuck your lost VC.....I'm done

open world needs to be removed, they don't have the resources to do this shit. Go back to the old mycourt at least dear lord...I would rather load into shit then bug out, lock up or walk halfway across an empty world

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_...es-17-teams-participate-nba-2k-esports-league

Can't wait for this shit to blow up in their face....I hope this bombs

Agent btw dropped his impressions of the newest patch

He also going in on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPyYZSCrQA

cHinzo

Switch owner here. Has the updated roster with Richard Jefferson on the hawks been released?

RJ and Felder both got immediately waived by the Hawks.

The collision detection in this game is pissing me off. So many balls, hands and entire arms going through players shouldn't be possible in a sports game and then u have those ghost fouls where u don't touch anyone or it's a clean block, but u still get the instant whistle. Think I'm done after 2K18 tbh. Games are getting worse each year. :\ At least almost max'd out my badges. Charge Card is gonna be easy with the training drill, need like 2 more alley oops for Lob City Finisher and only 162k exp to go for HoF Teardropper.

RJ and Felder both got immediately waived by the Hawks.

The collision detection in this game is pissing me off. So many balls, hands and entire arms going through players shouldn't be possible in a sports game and then u have those ghost fouls where u don't touch anyone or it's a clean block, but u still get the instant whistle. Think I'm done after 2K18 tbh. Games are getting worse each year. : At least almost max'd out my badges. Charge Card is gonna be easy with the training drill, need like 2 more alley oops for Lob City Finisher and only 162k exp to go for HoF Teardropper.

Thanks that was fast lol

omg_mjd

So I own (but hardly played) NBA 2K13 and 2K16 on Steam. Is it worth installing any of those games just to play offline at home? And do the rosters update?

I already have 2K18 on Switch but I was just curious.

So I own (but hardly played) NBA 2K13 and 2K16 on Steam. Is it worth installing any of those games just to play offline at home? And do the rosters update?

I already have 2K18 on Switch but I was just curious.

Maybe 2K16. You can probably find updated rosters somewhere on the internet.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The collision detection in this game is pissing me off. So many balls, hands and entire arms going through players shouldn't be possible in a sports game and then u have those ghost fouls where u don't touch anyone or it's a clean block, but u still get the instant whistle. Think I'm done after 2K18 tbh. Games are getting worse each year. :\

That shit was happening since 2k14. I've had CPU defenders reach through my player to steal the ball and they ghost through my players on D. I gave up after 2K16 and I don't regret it. Live has it quirks but it does the job.

Top Bottom