• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"NBC has killed the Bill Cosby pilot amid the mounting accusations of rape..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the details of so many of these stories are matching up which does not look good for Cosby's innocence.

I'm not saying this is a reason to think he's innocent, just that I can't wrap my head around the depraved mind that does this -- but why drug all these women when you are already rich and famous? I'm sure he had no problem getting women on his own. So does that mean it's more about power than sex? Why does a guy who can probably have consensual sex with so many very attractive women need to drug others?

Boggles the mind if true.

All of these famous women who have no reason to publicly get involved and jeopardize their careers over this are clearly lying, right?

"innocent until proven guilty"
"court of public opinion"
"his word against 30 of theirs"
"wait for the facts to come in during a trial that isn't scheduled"
"let's not ruin Cosby's life"
"I hate women and don't care when they're raped"

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Hannibal's set is fuckin ace though.. especially as it touches on all of Cosby's "I'm a proper moral father figure and all you gangster pants down kids need to check yourself" shtick.

"You don't need to cuss in your comedy? Well that's great but you rape women so..."

tumblr_nfcb5mxAKA1qzgq7fo1_1280.jpg

Not buying this line of argument. Is he suggesting this would not have become a "thing" if Sarah Silverman had made the joke instead of Hannibal? Because I don't buy that.

Social media made this story explode.

Not buying this line of argument. Is he suggesting this would not have become a "thing" if Sarah Silverman had made the joke instead of Hannibal? Because I don't buy that.

He's suggesting over a dozen women said this happened, and no one believed it until a male comedian said something. Whether there's something to be read into that is up to the observer, but the facts are there.

studyguy

The fact that it caught on from an absolute throwaway joke Hannibal made is more telling. It's not like the dude went on a tirade for hours, a single joke that lasted some 30 seconds blows up through social media from a guy who isn't exactly a household name either. I'd still say it's simply the times more than the individual.

SkylineRKR

I guess this is pretty much true. I don't see why those women from different timelines would lie about something like this. Janice okay, she's bat shit crazy. But others among them aren't exactly attention whores or something.

Bill Cosby 77 surely wasn't named after the amount of charges hes going to face?

The fact that it caught on from an absolute throwaway joke Hannibal made is more telling. It's not like the dude went on a tirade for hours, a single joke that lasted some 30 seconds blows up through social media from a guy who isn't exactly a household name either. I'd still say it's simply the times more than the individual.

Agreed...social media. There are people who didn't even know who Bill Cosby was until this began. Twitter and other platforms allow people to quickly spread shit to the point where it shouldn't be surprising why this story wasn't as big in 2002 or 2005.

jesu

Hmmm weird response to that story.

OT: I bet Bill, if guilty) thought he got away with it. If he would have died last year he would be remembered as a hero, a dude who opened the door for so many people. Now he will be remembered as a rapist.

Nah, it took Jimmy Savile to die before his sordid past really came to light.

Eusis

My God, is there any lady in Hollywood he hasn't made an inappropriate pass at? I cannot believe he's gone this long with this many incidents and nothing happened.

Like fuck me, being rich and famous really lets you get away with anything
Seems that it'll catch up with you eventually though. But maybe this is the exception?

UrokeJoe

I grew up on Bill, all of his stuff... From I Spy(reruns) on.

This is truly incredible how it's playing out.

The power they have and have had because of perception. Amazing.

Daingurse

It's absolutely amazing how drastically my opinion of Bill Cosby has changed recently. I was completely ignorant of these allegations until they went viral. Bill Cosby, a fucking sexual predator . . . would have laughed in disbelief at such a statement, a few months ago.

My God, is there any lady in Hollywood he hasn't made an inappropriate pass at? I cannot believe he's gone this long with this many incidents and nothing happened.

Like fuck me, being rich and famous really lets you get away with anything
It really seems like that if you were an attractive person in the entertainment industry during that time period, Cosby at least tried to rape you.

Parfait

It's absolutely amazing how drastically my opinion of Bill Cosby has changed recently. I was completely ignorant of these allegations until they went viral. Bill Cosby, a fucking sexual predator . . . would have laughed in disbelief at such a statement, a few months ago.

This is me, holy shit i grew up watchin this guy.

Log4Girlz

I used to look up to him. He's just Pill Cosby to me now.

Dunno where Cosby goes from here. He's not going to be charged with anything or go to court but at the same time his career is over. Unlike other people who faced potential career ending situations (Mel Gibson comes to mind) he doesn't have time to wait it out. He's 77. For whatever reason NBC was about to give him a show, Netflix was about to do a special, and he had a host of big appearances. Now all that is gone for good. It's not like he's going to pop up in five years and get a comeback - he'll probably be dead within five years in fact. Utterly tarnished.

Addressing the claims seems like the best option - and is certainly better than trying to run it the clock when your literal time is at an end anyway.

Good. It's not just these allegations that tarnished him in my mind, it was the talented tenth moralist bullshit he has preached for the last couple decades. He seems quite adamant about lampooning and criticizing black people, specifically black people in shitty situations. You can't pull your boot straps up if you don't have boot straps, or boots. Criticizing negative aspects of the community is fine but I always got Booker T Washington vibes from him; fuck that shit. Don't talk to me about self reliance if you can't acknowledge socioeconomic structural impediments that hold back some black people.

Oddduck

Since this is the primary Cosby Rap Thread, there was another story posted to TMZ about his antics in the green room on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/20/bill-cosby-forced-oral-sex-victim-jonny-carson-louisa-moritz/

Here's a really scary new account from actress Michelle Hurd from working on the set of the Cosby Show:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/11/2...ted-to-never-tell-anyone-what-we-did-together

Disgusting. It's a shame that this man will probably never be put on trial for this shit.

I mean really, holy shit.

She says there was a knock at the door, and it was Cosby, who she says walked in and said he was impressed with her work and "implied that he was going to see to it that I will become a major star through his direction."

Moritz -- who also played a cop in Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke" -- says Cosby "suddenly approached me and took out his penis, which was now in the line of my face [she's 5'0"] and pressed up against it."

She goes on, "He took his hands and put them on the back of my head and forced his penis in my mouth, saying, 'Have a taste of this. It will do you good in so many ways.'"

jwk94

This is really really interesting. A few weeks (days maybe?) before Hannibal's joke, something brought up the Cosby rape story. Idk what it was but after that it started to die down again. Had Hannibal not made that joke, then this would have probably been quietly swept under the rug again.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I came across this and figured some of you might be interested in public reactions to the allegations:

Bill Cosby’s first stop on his American standup tour went without a hitch after a week in which several more women came forward to accuse him of sexual assault.

Cosby was greeted by a standing ovation at the King Center for the Performing Arts in Melbourne, Florida. But the comedian made no mention of the controversy during his sold­-out, 90-minute routine.

Some of those who attended said they feared the show would be picketed or, worse, interrupted by protesters. An Orlando radio show host offered hecklers cash to harass the comedian.

Instead, the only interruption came from a group of supporters who shouted “We love you, Bill Cosby!” during his standup set. The comic held up a closed fist in response.

A lonely group of protesters stood at the end of a long driveway leading to the venue, holding signs. Three Melbourne police cars and a motorcycle stood between them and the theatre.

“I thought there would be more people protesting,” said Tamara Allredge, 46. She drove more than hour from Orlando to find only three other protesters, one of them 13­ years ­old.

Source:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/22/bill-cosby-receives-standing-ovation-at-florida-show

Give the show to Hannibal, that dude is funny as shit. Knew about him before the controversy.

God no. Just no. Being funny is not in his repertoire.

Not surprising, just read Facebook comments on this story. From what I've seen the vast majority are on his side and claim these women are after money and their 15 minutes of fame... Despite the fact some of them are famous and/or don't need his money. >_>

Kreed

Has Eddie Murphy or Dave Chappelle publicly commented on this Bill Cosby drama? If so, link to video?

Not what you were asking for, but Hannibal Buress did contact Chappelle a little after his routine went viral for advice (so prior to most of the major news coverage):

Buress says he texted Dave Chappelle to ask him his advice on handling a crisis situation. He said Chappelle told him it would be best to have a conversation with Cosby and squash it.

Then he said Chappelle watched the video and quickly told him not to call Cosby.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_827171f6-aaab-5bcc-b51f-20638f033bf0.html

I found this vid by a divorce lawyer on this matter quite interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNq75NU8KtM&list=UUfdFYbDVu8t0qkbk8fdRcpw

I'm quoting this because it is a really good video. For those reiterating the "innocent untill proven guilty" mantra, this attorney really picks apart the details of the case and shows why it's incredibly unlikely that Bill Cosby is innocent. He pretty much hits every defense of Cosby we've seen in this thread and shreds them up.

Holy shit, I just remembered he's an Omega (Psi Phi).

Suddenly everything seems well within the realm of possiblity.

Prefferably out of the spotlight where he can no longer have an audience to hear his black blaming.
First on the Omega thing... that's fucked up lol.

Secondly, alot of black people do need to pull their pants up and get their shit together (so do alot of white people). I think its good that our community is able to have such conversations internally.

I've stayed out of this thread because its so depressing (as even one of my white friends said, it's "ruining my childhood"). I do need to find somewhere where I can order the full run of the Cosby show though. Since TV Land isn't running it anymore...

Log4Girlz

I'm quoting this because it is a really good video. For those reiterating the "innocent untill proven guilty" mantra, this attorney really picks apart the details of the case and shows why it's incredibly unlikely that Bill Cosby is innocent. He pretty much hits every defense of Cosby we've seen in this thread and shreds them up.

Good video.

Good. It's not just these allegations that tarnished him in my mind, it was the talented tenth moralist bullshit he has preached for the last couple decades. He seems quite adamant about lampooning and criticizing black people, specifically black people in shitty situations. You can't pull your boot straps up if you don't have boot straps, or boots. Criticizing negative aspects of the community is fine but I always got Booker T Washington vibes from him; fuck that shit. Don't talk to me about self reliance if you can't acknowledge socioeconomic structural impediments that hold back some black people.
This is OT but you seem to be very ignorant of Booker T. Washington's philosophy here...

Biker19

Banned
...I call this bullshit.

Why in the world did these women resurface about this NOW instead of doing this WAY back in the 80's/90's? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Blader

...I call this bullshit.

Why in the world did these women resurface about this NOW instead of doing this WAY back in the 80's?

1) This isn't the first time allegations of rape or sexual assault have been made against Cosby.

2) What's weird about these things coming to light NOW? What's so special or advantageous or caps-worthy of allegations being made NOW?

I wonder what inside knowledge you have of the situation that makes you so sure these accusations are sketchy/suspicious/bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom