• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanielPlainview said:
I've watched the first four and the most recent and haven't really laughed at all. I'd be glad to watch one, what's the best episode?

The Halloween episode is still the reigning champion. That's the episode that got me hooked on the show.

Jayge

I'm tempted to scoop up Nazi-Pierce but I'm worried someone would not recognize the context and slap me with a ban for it. Although I am Jewish... decisions, decisions...

KingDirk said:
Not enough mentions of the random cop in last night's episode. His asking Mcs Phee and Hale if coffee was, in fact, code for sex was way funnier than it should have been.

You know those cops, always going for coffee and donuts.

Jayge

KingDirk said:
The joke suggests to me that either Chang is a closeted Star Wars fan or that he just has a mental Rolodex of offensive jokes to pull out based on the context.

Also, the dean's "And to both of you, sayonara" was just sublime.
I doubt most people realized just how subtle and amazing the dean's joke was, though.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
snesfreak said:
brittaswitch.gif
That's all I needed.

"I don't understand you, Britta! I don't understand you at all!!*sob*" :lol

beat

Jayge said:
I doubt most people realized just how subtle and amazing the dean's joke was, though.
You don't just mean that "sayonara" is Japanese and "Chang" is either a Chinese or Korean last name, right?

Medalion

Banned
I really liked this episode, for one thing less male nudity!

Pearce pictionary was busting a gut
Britta gettin spanked induced more laughs than I thought it would since I saw a preview earlier in the month

Katherine McPhee looked hot with that short blonde hair, omg.

Senor Chang was in good form with his Jewish family :lol

Abed with Shirley with families crossing together was nice, even reappearance of Abed's father from earlier in the season.

and yes, fuck you Glee!

Props for the Phantom Menace joke!

5 switch spankings out of 5 :lol

beat said:
You don't just mean that "sayonara" is Japanese and "Chang" is either a Chinese or Korean last name, right?

Chang is chinese... however Ken Jeong the actor is Korean.

beat

Medalion said:
Chang is chinese... however Ken Jeong the actor is Korean.
It's my last name. And I'm Chinese.

However, romanization of Asian names is not always regular, so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jang_(Korean_name)
Jang or Chang or Zang is a common Korean family name. As of 2000, there were more than 940,000 people in South Korea by this surname, more than 2% of the population. The great majority write their surname with the Chinese character 張, which also represents the Chinese surname "Zhang."

Medalion

Banned
I didn't notice people that we just found out Senor Chang's real first name, mentioned by Rabbi Chang... I think he said it was Ben?

Anybody figure what was the entire sentence was written on Britta's shirt?

a) The Senor/Rabbi Chang stuff was hilarious

b) I've heard of Katherine McPhee a million times but never saw her before and wow .. she's incredibly hot.

c) I spent the entire show trying to guess what moments were going to be turned into animated gifs. I didn't mean to. It just happened.

Jayge

Medalion said:
I didn't notice people that we just found out Senor Chang's real first name, mentioned by Rabbi Chang... I think he said it was Ben?

Anybody figure what was the entire sentence was written on Britta's shirt?
I thought it was stated that his name was Ben Chang somewhere else a lot earlier in the show.

beat said:
Yeah. The combination of a Chinese family producing a Rabbi and a Spanish teacher who are then told by a sexual deviant of a so-politically-correct-he's-racist dean "goodbye" in Japanese struck me as pretty funny.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I was robbed the chance of seeing:

- Abed's cousin's face
- McPhee gettin' tagged in the storage closet
- epic Chang/Peirce battle

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Catalix said:
I was robbed the chance of seeing:

- Abed's cousin's face
- McPhee gettin' tagged in the storage closet
- epic Chang/Peirce battle

All those. But this the most. I want to see Pierce Fu. :lol

Medalion

Banned
True... but Pearce is kinda overweight so he probably threw himself on top of Chang till he couldn't move got in a few sucker punches.

Medalion

Banned
The two funniest moments in the show were one after the other, the other bits at the beginning at end were not as funny but still good...

Swastika windmill into Britta "switched" on :D

Beowulf28

Was this episode supposed to be aired before the last one? I remember in last weeks episode Jeff says something about meeting Lennard's family on family day.

Team McPhee almost had me, but then came the Britta spanking!!:lol :lol

I thought it was up to par with last week's episode, very entertaining.

Team Britta!! Loving all the Britta avatars!

Medalion

Banned
vicissitudes said:
Team McPhee almost had me, but then came the Britta spanking!!:lol :lol

I thought it was up to par with last week's episode, very entertaining.

Team Britta!! Loving all the Britta avatars!

As they said, it was somehow Britta's episode, but close to Team McPhee till she turned evil bitch... how predictable.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Costanza said:
I think the show is kinda like AD where you need to watch the episodes in order to really get into it. Just jumping into a random episode is a bad idea.
That's true for any show with character development.

I don't get people who say Community isn't funny, I've been hooked since the very beginning. And thanks to Community, I just started watching Arrested Development.

Charles

Beowulf28 said:
Was this episode supposed to be aired before the last one? I remember in last weeks episode Jeff says something about meeting Lennard's family on family day.

Yeah I think so too. I thought it was weird that Professor Slater didn't appear in the previous episode at all, so this kind of explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom