• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

ryseing

We're turning into that State team, aren't we?

Gottfried's teams are shit at running down the clock. Keep playing the way you're playing instead of playing to not lose.

Saint Louis last year was the perfect example of this.

If State chokes this, it will be one of the biggest chokejobs I've seen.

At least this team is playing like it gives a fuck. Duke teams of old would've seen the deficit get to 17 and packed it up for the day.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
If State chokes this, it will be one of the biggest chokejobs I've seen.

At least this team is playing like it gives a fuck. Duke teams of old would've seen the deficit get to 17 and packed it up for the day.

Nah biggest State chokejob was just a few years ago, we were down 16-18 in Cameron with 10 min or so left and pulled off the win anyway.

Crisco

Banned
Wow, this is the biggest ass kicking we've laid on Duke that i can remember. This is how they usually do us. Feels good man.

So? We still belong.

But you don't.

UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCLA. Those are the bluebloods. They are on a plane by themselves. Connecticut is applying for admission. Indiana's on probation while Tom Crean is coaching. We wish we could kick UCLA out because they're AWFUL now, but they have too many titles.

And I wouldn't put NCSU in the same tier as teams like Florida, Michigan State, Louisville, even Syracuse either. Those teams have continued to be perennial title contenders every year while State has done what? Made two Sweet 16s in the past decade?

You can say you're in the same class, and even above, Maryland though. I'm perfectly ok with that.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Judging students for doing college student things is pretty laughable.

College students do a lot of very stupid things and there's nothing wrong with judging them for it.

You can't call yourself a "sort of blue blood" and then storm the court every year you beat Duke (this is 3 times now in the past 5 years)

That's not even getting into the dangers it poses, the school getting fined for it, etc.

hoos30

Pretty much. For State, playing Duke is like they have something to prove, and they don't have the pressure from the fanbase like they do for UNC. Once UNC gets a lead vs state after about 10 minutes, State folds

You can bet the house on State losing to UNC on Wednesday. That is just the absolute NC State thing to do...follow up a great game with a putrid effort.

Wake wrote a nice book of how to beat Duke.

Draxal

Oh boy, I know wiscy's down kaminsky but no excuse to losing to us.

edit.

Or coming this close to us.

edit.

First win over a top 5 team and we didn't storm the court. We drizzled the court.

I will say that if the way Duke handled State's physicality and athleticism is any precursor to things, we need not watch UK play Duke.

That's an NC (no contest)

Fjordson

Wow, Duke and Wiscy losing. Conference play is rough yo.

I'm nervous about UK. I honestly don't give a shit about going undefeated, I just hope this isn't a reverse situation of last year (start out great and then degrade instead of starting out bad and becoming great).

Scrub School Fanbase Watch

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 8m8 minutes ago
Forgot about #DukeCourtStormCounter until @laurakeeley mentioned it. Now a storm after 46 of Duke's last 56 road Ls.

B7Hgd1QCIAElEd4.png:large

How is North Carolina on the court storming side of the ledger 5 times. I've seen them do it, so I know they do it, but 5 times?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Kaminsky didn't play. Had a concussion during practice or something.

Scrub School Fanbase Watch

How is North Carolina on the court storming side of the ledger 5 times. I've seen them do it, so I know they do it, but 5 times?

UNC stormed the court once when they were ranked above Duke and won.

To be fair, Duke parties after we beat UNC at home.

We just don't put that shit on the camera for the whole country to see. Keep it dignified while the ESPN cameras are rolling

By all means, go on out to Franklin Street or whatever it is that Carolina kids do. But have some self respect at the arena.

Obviously, self respect does not apply to Maryland.

MisterR

I'm nervous about UK. I honestly don't give a shit about going undefeated, I just hope this isn't a reverse situation of last year (start out great and then degrade instead of starting out bad and becoming great).

They will be fine. They are a bit rusty after the long Christmas layoff and it always is a wakeup call when you start conference play. I've been watching for 30 years. UK always has some scares in conference, even with the best teams.

Dosia

So fuckin pissed. Miller led offenses can be downright painful to watch. Huge rebound week with Colorado and Utah hopefully the team can get their shit together.

McNei1y

Us Maryland fans storm the court and riot in the street over meaningless stuff. We have nothing else to do. We have, like, 2.5 bars here.

Top Bottom