• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football league(s) 2k9

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Crazymoogle said:
PST? I can do that, I think. My keeper league drafts at 6:30pm that day so there should be enough of a time window. Nerves will be shot though. :lol

I was saying EST because someone above said 9 pm est was the earliest they could draft. 9:30 PST is too late for east coast folks, I'd imagine. Past midnight.

commish said:
I was saying EST because someone above said 9 pm est was the earliest they could draft. 9:30 PST is too late for east coast folks, I'd imagine. Past midnight.

Sucky. Well, I would prefer not to draft at that time, otherwise I'll be autodrafting. Sucks but my keeper league has quite a bit more cash on the line.

Kinda bizarre how we pinpointed the exact time where I'm drafting in another league though. :lol

commish

Crazymoogle said:
Sucky. Well, I would prefer not to draft at that time, otherwise I'll be autodrafting. Sucks but my keeper league has quite a bit more cash on the line.

Kinda bizarre how we pinpointed the exact time where I'm drafting in another league though. :lol

Oh, no one pinpointed that time but me, and I'm not the commish :) Well, I am, but you know what I mean. I just picked a random time. It'll be hard to get a time where all 14 can make it.

commish said:
Oh, no one pinpointed that time but me, and I'm not the commish :) Well, I am, but you know what I mean. I just picked a random time. It'll be hard to get a time where all 14 can make it.

I know, it's cloudy running the show. Your Chiklis fandom is of course appreciated. And it seems every GAF league has autodrafters, I bet even at $20. But hopefully I don't have to autodraft...-_-

I'm Turf Masters in Cloudy's league. I like the current draft time and think the most people would show up for weekend - evening, but anytime is OK with me.

commish

Crazymoogle said:
I'm fine with that. I know somebody here panicked and said they were at some wedding for nearly the entire weekend, though

panic? and yeah, i'll be at a wedding Saturday night. That's pretty much the only night I can't draft.

The Frankman said:
How about Saturday AFTERNOON?

like the real NFL Draft, anywhere from 12-2 PM EST? Before commish goes to wedding?

sounds fine to me. But I'm fine with any draft time at this point...

Hey Guys,

We need 5 more people for a yahoo side league. Draft is on Sunday.

League ID#: 616302
League Name: gaf2009v2
Password: gafnoob

:D

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey Guys,

league settings? Got a link?

EDIT: n/v, can check from the reg page
EDIT2: IDP? no thanks.

smoothj

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey Guys,

im in.... I mean.. I'm in it to win it :D

Cloudy

Banned
Umm guys, I just checked and the earliest draft date I can pick now is Sunday :\

I will make it late Sunday. We will keep losing days with all this debating...

Whoops. OK Late Sunday it is. Too bad we can't get this stickied, I'd like this to be the official Draft Talk Thread w/ Draft Post Starter/GIFs/ and commentator reaction (people from NFL thread talking about picks?) That way it also reminds people it's draft time. :D

I am willing to trade my virtual pick for someone else's virtual pick. Yes we don't know what the order is but come on TAKE A CHANCE! YOU MIGHT GET MY VIRTUAL #1 PICK!!!

I don't know how to set it, checking up on it.

September 6, 2009, 9:37 PM
- by Yahoo Fantasy Staff

The story of the League so far is the shocking declaration by the owner of The Big Blue Crew announcing he is willing to trade his 1st-round pick for another team's 1st rounder before the order is announced. Sources say he is in negotiations with 2 other teams for a possible 3-way position swap that could rock the very foundation of the league. More on this blockbuster as details emerge...
HOLY FUCK WHO LEAKED THE STORY? VPHYS I SAID KEEP THE PMs TO YOURSELF!!

The Frankman said:
In other leagues I've heard you can set your own pre-draft rankings. I would assume that you would have to set it to autodraft with your own rankings.

Oh, sorry, what I meant was over-under on people forgetting to show up. At that point, Yahoo will start drafting automatically for them, using 1. Their custom rankings (it's on the Draft tab) or if none exist, then it uses the Yahoo default rankings.

So yeah, if you don't want to show up, it helps to set your own rankings. It's a bit tedious, though.

EDIT: The problem with autodrafting is that the system isn't trying to be very smart about it. It will pretty much draft to fill your positions and then draft for value. So it's entirely possible for it to ignore a really great running back in round 4 if it's already drafted your RB1-RB2-Flex spots.

You can show up or leave anytime during the draft, FWIW. The draft program will wait for your 90 second window to expire before it starts autodrafting all of your picks.

This negotiating for my POSSIBLY AWESOME VIRTUAL PICK is getting intense. I think I need a 4th team to pull this off. You in crazymoogle?

The Frankman said:
This negotiating for my POSSIBLY AWESOME VIRTUAL PICK is getting intense. I think I need a 4th team to pull this off. You in crazymoogle?

No way. I have this feeling like I may already have the virtual #1 pick. :D

Must say though, ballsy trade strategy. Technically fair, utterly bizarre, fits GAF perfectly.

EDIT: Draft order in 5 minutes!

Deal fell through...

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT 12TH?????

fuuuuuu.jpg

The Frankman said:
Deal fell through...

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT 12TH?????

:lol

If it was a plus league where I'd acquire your entire draft order, it would have been tempting. But this virtual trade stuff...:lol

Cloudy

Banned
So how did I do?

1. (6) Brian Westbrook
2. (23) Philip Rivers
3. (34) Thomas Jones
4. (51) Jason Witten
5. (62) Santonio Holmes
6. (79) Laveranues Coles
7. (90) Tennessee
8. (107) Julius Jones
9. (118) Kris Brown
10. (135) Willis McGahee
11. (146) Ted Ginn Jr.
12. (163) Carolina
13. (174) Antwaan Randle El
14. (191) Bo Scaife
15. (202) Rian Lindell

The Big Blue Crew
1. (12) QB Drew Brees
2. (17) RB Frank Gore
3. (40) WR Dwayne Bowe (there were literally no stud wideouts left, 23 spots later )
4. (45) TE Antonio Gates
5. (68) RB Chris "Beanie" Wells
6. (73) WR Eddie Royal (Goddamit wanted DeSean Jackson thought he'd be there!)
7. (96) Defense New York
8. (101) WR Torry Holt
9. (124) RB Le'Ron McClain
10. (129) QB Matt Hasselbeck
11. (152) K David Akers
12. (157) WR Steve Smith (Giants' version)
13. (180) WR Jeremy Maclin
*14. (185) RB Edgerrin James (orginally picked Laurence Maroney, dropped him 2 hours later)
15. (208) TE Brent Celek (not sure if Gates will last full season)
I'm happy with my roster. I have RB depth that can fill in if Wells' under-performs and though my WRs aren't all-world they're solid.

Cloudy said:
So how did I do?

Your first 4 picks are each about a round too high.

McGahee in the 10th was a decent value pick at that spot. And Ginn with the 11th was also decent.

Picking two defenses in a draft is kind of a waste of a pick.

That is all.

commish

Kidd is my QB
1. (8) Steven Jackson
2. (21) Steve Smith
3. (36) Ray Rice
4. (49) Tony Romo
5. (64) Anthony Gonzalez
6. (77) Donald Brown
7. (92) Lance Moore
8. (105) Visanthe Shiancoe
9. (120) Derrick Mason
10. (133) New England
11. (148) Trent Edwards
12. (161) Peyton Hillis
13. (176) Glen Coffee
14. (189) Nate Washington
15. (204) Jeff Reed

Like I said, just wait until my team gets going. It's Ray Rice in 2009, baby!

Are we posting lineups here or the official NFL thread?

Witty Nicknames
1. (5) RB DeAngelo Williams
2. (24) RB Ryan Grant
3. (33) WR Roddy White
4. (52) WR Wes Welker
5. (61) QB Jay Cutler
6. (80) TE Chris Cooley
7. (89) WR Bernard Berrian
8. (108) RB Leon Washington
9. (117) QB David Garrard
10. (136) RB Rashard Mendenhall
11. (145) RB James Davis
12. (164) WR Chris Henry
13. (173) DEF Tampa Bay
14. (192) WR Josh Morgan
15. (201) K Nick Folk

Notes:
1. Stupid defense runs! I hate not picking it in the 14th but with nearly 20 defenses gone I had to move!
2. Didn't completely adhere to value, but with 14 teams there was just some guys I felt I had to reach for.

bigosc2k

Banned
I need about 6 more people to join my yahoo fantasy league

here is the info

This is a free Yahoo fantasy football league
league id#371633
league name going pro
league password crabbattle

bigosc2k

Banned
The Frankman said:
I did both. And btw we already have some roster moves made :D

I'd post this in the NFL thread first.
I already have and nobody joined, so I thought I give this thread a shot as well.

The Frankman said:
I did both. And btw we already have some roster moves made :D

I'd post this in the NFL thread first.

:lol Well I knew Andre Brown had to be dropped. How long until Duckett gets dropped too? :lol

Cloudy

Banned
OJdaKiller said:
Your first 4 picks are each about a round too high.

McGahee in the 10th was a decent value pick at that spot. And Ginn with the 11th was also decent.

Picking two defenses in a draft is kind of a waste of a pick.

That is all.

With 14 teams, there wasn't much else to pick and Carolina could be trade-bait :D

My WR core is ferocious, my team rocks! :)

1 (3) Matt Forte
2 (26) Reggie Wayne
3 (31) Marques Colston
4 (54) Vincent Jackson
5 (59) Donovan McNabb
6 (82) Kellen Winslow
7 (87) Felix Jones
8 (110) Chargers Defense
9 (115) Domenik Hixon
10 (138) Jerious Norwood
11 (143) Chad Pennington
12 (166) Nate Burleson
13 (171) Ladell Betts
14 (194) Adam Vinatieri
15 (199) Kevin Faulk

Concerned about my TE situation..I hope Winslow comes through. I could also upgrade at QB possibly..might take a chance on a deep sleeper like Stafford. :lol

I was bored and had my excel spreadsheet handy so I calculated what everyone's total season fantasy points projection is for their starting 9 (so this doesn't take into account benches). This is how the teams ranked (of course, my team was ranked first because I picked who I thought would have the best seasons haha, everyone's list is different), from best to last:

1. Vas Deferens
2. Good as Gould
3. The Big Blue Crew
4. Team Konex
5. Dinner Out
6. Kidd is My QB
7. Witty Nicknames
8. Hookers and Blow
9. Turf Masters
10. Im-Ho-Tep
11. To Be Named Later
12. Ron Mexico's Revenge
13. 2Legit2Bitch!
14. Virtual Physics

Forkball

If anyone has a spot open in a FREE league I'm up for it. I'm in a league this year but it might go under since the commish sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom