• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football league(s) 2k9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw there's a 'vote' feature in Matchup where you vote for the team you think will win. We should like all vote on a Friday for the team we think who'll win, might be fun!

The Frankman said:
I just saw there's a 'vote' feature in Matchup where you vote for the team you think will win. We should like all vote on a Friday for the team we think who'll win, might be fun!

yeah. We do it in the keeper league, makes for bitter commentary once you realize who voted for whom. :lol

Cloudy said:
Wow, I'm pretty stacked at RB :eek:

Son of a...:lol

You needed it, though, outlasted some epic performances.

Meanwhile victory for me in both this league and my keeper league depends on how Monday night goes...-_-;;;;;;

Slacker

NJ x Falkor said:
Is this thread being used for general fantasy football talk or is that somewhere else?
I'll echo this question. Do we do a separate fantasy football thread each week around here? Or just chit chat in here? Or somewhere else?

I would think in the beginning of the post you mention what league/game type you're talking about. The thread was originally created for Cloudy's 14-team Yahoo Fantasy Football League Money League No Quitters. Just start your post with whatever League you're in and name and it'll be all good.

The Frankman said:
Hey crazymoogle keep picking against me. You picking me to lose only makes my penis harder! :lol

lolwtf

I do wish Yahoo had some kinda nice pick-tracker, though. I think picking which fantasy team will win is a great feature that just always gets ignored.

Week 1 Champs:
Most points: Team Konex (109)
Most points left on the bench: Good as Gould (46)
Brandon Stokley Award: Hookers and Blow
Awarded for starting the following:
a. Jake Delhomme (-6 pts!!)
b. Hakeem Nicks (2pts and then injured)
c. Sammy Morris (0pts)
d. Miami Defense (3pts)
Plus having 3 players on the bench who didn't even play in the NFL this week...

...and still winning. Bravo, sir.

In fairness Hookers and Blow had AP get his team almost half his output. Imagine if Delhomme and his WR's have a decent game.

The exciting thing is you KNOW there will be a blockbuster trade on the horizon (Trade deadline: November 20, 2009) I didn't realize this since I've been doing ESPN's Gridiron Challenge for so long but the team you draft isn't as important as you moves you make/don't make. One thing that taught me is that not to be afraid to make a big transaction in what would be considered Free Agency/Trade/Waivers here.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Crazymoogle said:
lolwtf

I do wish Yahoo had some kinda nice pick-tracker, though. I think picking which fantasy team will win is a great feature that just always gets ignored.

Week 1 Champs:
c. Sammy Morris (0pts)
d. Miami Defense (3pts)

I was on the other end of that bullshit. My THREE receivers got me about SIX points COMBINED. What can I say?

Teams and Users
The Big Blue Crew - Me
Team Konex - Cloudy
Witty Nicknames - Crazymoogle
Turf Masters - Alex Anderson
To be named later - captive
Virtual Physics - VPhys
Good As Gould - rinker
Vas Deferens - Maxwell House
2Legit2Bitch! - DCX
Kidd is my QB - commish
Hookers And Blow - Azwethinkweiz
Dinner Out - Cloudy's cousin and apparently not a sports guy
Ron Mexico's Revenge - Moneyhats2k5

unknown
Im-Ho-Tep -

Crazymoogle said:
lolwtf

Week 1 Champs:
c. Sammy Morris (0pts)
d. Miami Defense (3pts)

You just wait until I get Marshawn Lynch back! Also, surely no one knew that Delhomme was going to be that terrible in week 1.:D

methane47

I am having an awesome FF game right now.

Chris Johnson scored a mighty 46.40 points for me!!!

I'm sitting at 148 total points right now.. and 4 players JUst started the 4th quarter and one still to play on monday

(Yahoo FF)

Official
neogaf1.gif
Yahoo NFL Fantasy 8:15 Sunday OT Recap!!

Welcome to the 1st episode of The OT!! In here I analyze the winners and losers from the action before the Sunday Night game and who needs what from their fantasy players in order to win! First we have:

The Big Blue Crew - 81.84
Good As Gould - 59.20
I sat Bowe at the last second to start Clayton and the points I left on the bench are mocking me. Good thing Gore saved the day! Though TBBC is ahead by 22.64, both players have 2 players left, TBBC has Giants D and Steve Smith while GAG has Brandon Jacobs and Peyton Manning. Outcome is still up in the air...

Team Konex - 65.64
Im-Ho-Tep - 100.92
No one picked Team Konex to win... and unless Jason Witten can snag 35+ points tonight vs. Giants the critics were right. Warner and Andre 3000 had bounceback games while Nate Kaeding (14 points!) came up big while Tennessee D (-1), Thomas Jones and Brian Westbook failed Team Konex.

Ron Mexico's Revenge - 102.82
Hookers And Blow - 43.44
RMR had Chris Johnson, do I even have to recap this... Christ. Okay CJ blew up for 46.4 points... you know what? Even though HAB has 3 players left RMR is up almost 60 and still has Marion Barber left. RMR won this.

Turf Masters - 65.40
Vas Deferens - 78.74
VD is up 13 and appears to have it won with 2 players left to TM's one. TM was hurt by Randy Moss only having 2.4 points and Ward having 3.7. Meanwhile VD had a combined 57.8 points from Colston/Vincent Jackson/Kellen Winslow.

To be named later - 79.34
2Legit2Bitch! - 64.70
Although Sproles (21 points) and Owen Daniels (13) did well for TBNL, Brady and Slaton did not which handicapped his team. Matty Ice and Cadillac Williams did well to offset 2L2B's problems... even though TBNL has a 14.6 lead he's done for the week while 2L2B has 2 players, Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark left. 2L2B might pull this one out.

Virtual Physics - 50.00
Dinner Out - 79.74
DO had big games from Tony Gonzalez and Cedric Benson... CEDRIC BENSON WTF???? Meanwhile LenDale White and Pierre Thomas (-.4?) killed VP, who has 2 players left, Eli Manning and Dallas D... umm yeah DO got this.

Kidd is my QB - 44.30
Witty Nicknames - 80.68
No-shows by Lance Moore and Jeff Reed hurt KIMQ, while DeAngelo and David Garrad helped WN to a big lead. KIMQ has more plays left than WN (2-1) but I give the win to WN.

methane47 said:
I am having an awesome FF game right now.

Chris Johnson scored a mighty 46.40 points for me!!!

I'm sitting at 148 total points right now.. and 4 players JUst started the 4th quarter and one still to play on monday

(Yahoo FF)
Yeah, Chris Johnson was a complete BEAST today, holy cow.

Yeah, thanks for the time recapping, Frank. I'll post comedy awards monday night.

Maxwell House said:
Yeah, Chris Johnson was a complete BEAST today, holy cow.

For reference, the single best game fantasy wise for an RB last year (using standard scoring) was 40.96 for Ronnie Brown during his 4TD wildcat explosion. :lol

methane47

Crazymoogle said:
Yeah, thanks for the time recapping, Frank. I'll post comedy awards monday night.

For reference, the single best game fantasy wise for an RB last year (using standard scoring) was 40.96 for Ronnie Brown during his 4TD wildcat explosion. :lol

and chris had a 46.40 today

methane47 said:
and chris had a 46.40 today

Yeah, just unbelievable. And I would have blown the doors open in my keeper league if Brady could have thrown some TDs.

I looked back to 2007 and it's basically the same score as during AP's NFL record game (I think AP may have had .4 more due to having 296 rushing :lol )

I just noticed for the second straight week no one voted for my team to win. Now this is due to a number of factors, the main one being that I never set my game lineup until Sunday. I'll usually make some token moves and juggle people but I don't set the real thing early. Some people vote early it seems and don't view the whole roster... anyway just wanted to post this for the people who doubt my team:

...DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES ME...

methane47

Ok... I'm trying not to boast.. but please understand.. In my last season I came in second to last...

but this current game right now? I am frigging KILLING it.

I am the Flying Dutchmen

smrjwo.jpg

Week 2 Champs:
Current League Leader: Big Blue Crew (2-0, 217pts)
The Crew keeps piling on the points, thanks to Frank Gore's freakish 207 rushing yards.

Most points: Ron Mexico's Revenge (126.12)
Chris Johnson steamrolled Hookers and Blow with 46 points, with Marion Barber sealing the deal (155 total yds, 1TD)

Most points left on the bench: Turf Masters (73!)
The Turf lost out on Schaub's 4 TD effort, DeSean Jackson's 101yd+TD receiving effort, and Mike Bell's (pre injury) 95yd+1TD game.

This week, Hookers and Blow wins the Greg Jennings award, with no less than 5 players scoring 0 points. Sure, 1 is suspended (Lynch), but that's pretty impressive.

Dang Hookers And Blow, two weeks in a row winning that award. Anyone who was on Yahoo StatTracker chat can attest to me freaking out over my benching of Dwyane Bowe for Michael Clayton. -8.9 net right there. :p

I'm being saved right now by my first two picks overall, Brees (#12) and Gore (#17). I saw everyone grabbing RBs early, checked the draft order and grabbed Brees PRAYING Gore would be around 5 picks later. He was :D

-- Matthew Berry in his "Week 3 pickups" column. said:
About starting a fantasy season 0-2

"They say patience is a virtue … Easy to say, of course, when you're not sitting there at 0-2, getting crushed in a league and being filled with panic. I am. I played against Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson in Week 1. Frank Gore and Andre Johnson faced me in Week 2, as my quarterback, Tom Brady, threw for the same number of touchdowns as Benjamin Franklin. I can't remember a week when there were so many 'if you had that guy, you won' performances, what with Gore, Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub."

The Frankman said:
Dang Hookers And Blow, two weeks in a row winning that award. Anyone who was on Yahoo StatTracker chat can attest to me freaking out over my benching of Dwyane Bowe for Michael Clayton. -8.9 net right there. :p

I'm being saved right now by my first two picks overall, Brees (#12) and Gore (#17). I saw everyone grabbing RBs early, checked the draft order and grabbed Brees PRAYING Gore would be around 5 picks later. He was :D

Some leagues I've used give rewards for the most amount of negative pts acquired over a season. :lol

You definitely had a good wrap-around position for players though. If one falters, the other guy is probably similar value. The earlier you go, the more vulnerable you are if they don't turn out.

0-2 isn't a hard pit to crawl out of. But it does take better roster management and waiver awareness.

Welcome to the 2nd episode of

The Official
neogaf1.gif
Yahoo NFL Fantasy 8:15 Sunday OT Recap

... otherwise known as The OT!!! Week 2 saw some surpriseing performances by new pickups, big injuries and big performances through injuries. How many undefeated teams are left? How many winless teams are left? Hey if the Lions can win so can you!

EDIT: Sorry for the late edition, was playing Warhawk so numbers are as of 9:15.

The Big Blue Crew - 53.08
Turf Masters - 88.90
His two players who were questionable to start (Moss/Jackson) had huge games... my two players who were probable (Brees/Gore) got hurt/stunk. Game ovah, even though I have a RB left and he has D and a kicker my player is Beanie Wells. :(
Team Konex - 69.92
Good As Gould - 87.04
Quote from Cloudy at 2:00 PM on StatTracker ... "I am so screwed" Ginn Jr/Holmes/Jones gave him a little over 3 points... TK could have it close but GAG still has Peyton Manning vs. Arizona... GAG wins this.
Ron Mexico's Revenge - 54.88
Im-Ho-Tep - 52.76
Closest game so far. Going into the Sunday game has Roy Williams and Marion Barber (who is a gametime decision at best) while IHT has Johnathan Stewart and Kurt Warner. This one may go down to whether Barber suits up.
To be named later - 68.08
Vas Deferens - 41.80
TBNL has Boldin left while VD has Reggie Wayne, Felix Jones and Vinatieri left. While it might get close TBNL should pull out a win
Virtual Physics - 83.54
2Legit2Bitch! - 61.66
VP has a big lead and RB Tim Hightower left but 2L2B has Fitz, Addai, and Dallas Clark. No way this is over and if it's a high-scoring affair 2L2B wins it.
Kidd is my QB - 60.10
Dinner Out - 103.36
DO ends his day with a 43 point lead, but KIMQ has Romo, Steve Smith, Donald Brown and Arizona D left. Assuming Romo and Smith light it up it's possible for KIMQ to come back... but not likely.
Witty Nicknames - 47.18
Hookers And Blow - 88.10
Calling the game for HaB. Unless DeAngelo goes Chris Johnson on Dallas, he and Nick Folk cannot save WN.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The Frankman said:
TBNL has Boldin left while VD has Reggie Wayne, Felix Jones and Vinatieri left. While it might get close TBNL should pull out a win
fucking a, i hope i win, in need a win. I freaking checked my teams i swear nothing said my kicker was out, and of course he's technically "played" which is BS so i cant drop him and pick up the carolina kicker.

captive said:
fucking a, i hope i win, in need a win. I freaking checked my teams i swear nothing said my kicker was out, and of course he's technically "played" which is BS so i cant drop him and pick up the carolina kicker.
Just checked... If Felix Jones gets 14.28 points you lose a tough game. He could get it if Barber sits since he's a pass-catcher out of the backfield also + Carolina sucks at tackling.

captive said:
You won. By 0.88 hundredths of a point. And you really should've lost. Felix Jones was running wild and sprained his knee/ankle in the 3rd. They said his return was questionable but he never came back. Suddenly injuries crippling teams...

LET THE WHEELING AND DEALING BEGIN!!!

Cloudy

Banned
My cuz (Dinner Out) is dominating all of us and he's not even a huge sports guy. He just got MJD. Ugh...

ps: Ron Mexico's Revenge = Thegameaddict

Azwethinkweiz said:
I better not win any embarrassing awards this week.:lol
Looks like you won't. No Awards this week apparently.

Also for the people who didn't follow the "Trading Virtual Pick" saga I am a wheeler-dealer. I will listen to any and all trade offers, even people I don't list on the trading block
not named Gore or Brees
. I come into Yahoo FF with a ESPN Gridiron Challenge mentality, so I'm used to adding-dropping people week by week. Send an offer!

Sorry folks, depressing loss and heavy work week delayed the awards.

Week 3 Champs:
Current League Leader: Dinner Out (3-0, 281.96pts)
Our new leader has less than a single point above his runner up, 2Legit2Bitch!

Most points: Good as Gould (115.86)
Big days by Peyton Manning (29pts) and the Baltimore Defense (17pts) sealed the deal in a landslide victory over Team Konex.

Most points left on the bench: Ron Mexico's Revenge (65!)
Ron banked on Orton vs. the Raiders, and it cost him as both Sanchez and Palmer had better weeks. Plus, he gambled on Barber starting, leaving Moreno to a productive bench day. Even his spare defense did slightly better...

This week, The Big Blue Crew wins the Marion Barber award for blowing a tire. Here's what starting Frank Gore, Drew Brees, Beanie Wells and Eddie Royal gets you, apparently: 6 points. Yikes! The award clincher is that it was the lowest weekly total score this season. That's impressive.

Crazymoogle said:
This week, The Big Blue Crew wins the Marion Barber award for blowing a tire. Here's what starting Frank Gore, Drew Brees, Beanie Wells and Eddie Royal gets you, apparently: 6 points. Yikes! The award clincher is that it was the lowest weekly total score this season. That's impressive.
You sonofabitch:

2jg78r4.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, Commish is in trouble. 0-3 and having to depend on Ted Ginn as a starting WR :lol

Dude, I know he might be returning kicks now but there are better options. Trust me, I had him for 3 weeks and he was going to be a backup after last week even if Pennington didn't get hurt..

Cloudy

Banned
I have 2 of the biggest fantasy busts this year. Laverneus Coles and the Titans D at 6th and 7th picks. OMG..

The baseball regular season is now over ... Time for the 3rd episode of:

The Official
neogaf1.gif
Yahoo NFL Fantasy Sunday OT Recap

... otherwise known as The OT!!!

Week 4 is chock full of drama as no one wants to go 0-4... is this the start of a frenzy of trading activity? Injuries and Bye weeks now start to take a toll on some teams, and skillful pickups and a little luck will be needed.

The Big Blue Crew - 85.90
To be named later - 64.72
Big performances by TBBC's WR core (46.5 points) have propelled TBBC ahead in this matchup. By comparison TBNL had 6.2 from Kevin Walter and Devery Henderson. Both players have 2 guys left... TBBC has Mewelde Moore and Antonio Gates, TBNL Darren Sproles and Vikings D. Should be a win for TBBC.
Team Konex - 74.50
Turf Masters - 45.16
TK had 39 points from their Defense... THIRTY NINE POINTS. And he still has a QB and a WR to use. This is one of those you don't bother recapping outside of a disappointing performance from Darren McFadden for TM. Team Konex to go 2-2.
Ron Mexico's Revenge - 55.12
Good As Gould - 78.12
If you examine the matchup GAG did not have any singular big performance, if anything he's below the expected output of his team currently. So why the big lead? RMR has Mark Sanchez (-0.08) and Michael Bush (-0.6). OUCH. GAG will win this.
Im-Ho-Tep - 31
Hookers And Blow - 84.18
Brandon Marshall, Ronnie Brown and Denver D came up big, while IHT was just killed by Braylon Edwards and Devin Hester (combined 0.2). Blowout win for Hookers and Blow.
Virtual Physics - 91.68
Vas Deferens - 95.16
Vas had big games from Kerry Collins/Matt Forte/NO Defense while Eli Manning/Pierre Thomas/Houston D paced VP. With 1 player left each and VD holding a 3.48 point lead he has WR Vincent Jackson left. VP has ... K Ryan Longwell. Win to Vas Deferens.
Kidd is my QB - 53.90
2Legit2Bitch! - 67.10
Both teams have had underwhelming days but to paraphrase Cloudy, don't have faith in Ted Ginn as a starting WR, he'll drop it. 2L2B! has Roughestraper and WR Percy Havin left, and should remain undefeated.
Witty Nicknames - 54.84
Dinner Out - 57.60
This is the best and closest matchup left. WN is down 3 but has 3 players left to DO's 2... however the key is who they are. WN has Benard Berrian, steady Ryan Grant and a huge question mark in Rashard Mendenhall. DO has Aaron Rodgers and Pittsburgh D... the key will be if Mendenhall can have a good game splitting carries with Mewelde Moore. Inside conversation with Witty Nicknames said he hated to start Mendenhall, but he had to do it with his bye week situation.

Hey, I don't mind Mendenhall since he's starting. :lol What's really killing me is that in my keeper league I'm up 13 with Pittsburgh D vs. Gates & moore.

GO STEELERS!

...I've gotta sit down...-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom