• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football league(s) 2k9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Cloudy, somehow I think Vinatieri won't be kicking this week. ;) Good call.

Heh, Brown is a good kicker but the offense is too good for him to get regular FG tries but not good enough that the XPs evened it out. Stover should be good for 6 to 7 pts every week with the Colts offense :D

Cloudy said:
Heh, Brown is a good kicker but the offense is too good for him to get regular FG tries but not good enough that the XPs evened it out. Stover should be good for 6 to 7 pts every week with the Colts offense :D

No, I just mean I see you didn't notice Vinatieri was missing a working leg until a few mins after. Stover is of course probably good for some points. :lol

Although, your matchup this week is interesting so far.

Crazymoogle said:
If you're referring to Kidd is my QB, he never fixes his team until the Friday-Saturday of the week. He'll do all his waiver stuff early and then makes last-second moves for the rest, noticed the pattern.

Cloudy

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
No, I just mean I see you didn't notice Vinatieri was missing a working leg until a few mins after. Stover is of course probably good for some points. :lol

Yeah, I've been consumed by baseball during the little free time I've had this week. I was like, why is Viniateri a FA? :lol

About the matchup, bad defense = more scores = more xps. Plus fgs when the game gets out of hand :D

Cloudy

Banned
Commish, you ned to pick a defense. Seahawks have a bye!

I wouldn't feel good winning with you missing a player :D

Cloudy said:
Commish, you ned to pick a defense. Seahawks have a bye!

I wouldn't feel good winning with you missing a player :D
If you're referring to Kidd is my QB, he never fixes his team until the Friday-Saturday of the week. He'll do all his waiver stuff early and then makes last-second moves for the rest, noticed the pattern.
RIF.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, he had everything fixed except the defense. There are a lot of crappy defenses left and I thought he was contemplating going with none instead of possibly getting negative points :lol He added Oakland though and they are projected for 9+ points against the Jets. Normally I'd think that's a stretch but Sanchise should be good for a few picks :eek:

In other news, Virtual Physics is projected to win by 20 points. I wonder who'll have a career day for Ron Mexico to win by a few points :lol

This week is pretty crucial since a lot of teams with similar records are matching up. I think you are falling to 4-3, Frank. I really underestimated Moogle's squad...

Cloudy said:
In other news, Virtual Physics is projected to win by 20 points. I wonder who'll have a career day for Ron Mexico to win by a few points :lol

Yeah, it really does seem like if there's a week where VP is going to win it, it's this week, right? But Mex's team is really boom or bust. Should make for an interesting award this week.

Cloudy said:
This week is pretty crucial since a lot of teams with similar records are matching up. I think you are falling to 4-3, Frank. I really underestimated Moogle's squad...

:D

Damn, tense time in my keeper league, I've got 4.5 pts and Manningham/Nicks/Tynes vs Jacobs/Portis/Smith. The Giants game is going to be crazy!

PS: sorry frank. All I can say is, Bowe = TDs, somehow. It's wild

rinker

Pretty sure that's the 3rd time my opponent had a huge Monday night game to come back from a 15+ pt deficit... oh well

It's my keeper league. Two 3-3 teams facing off. I'm 6 points up and he has Portis left to play. I'm not sure whether to thank the Redskins or Eagles for the Monday nighter! :lol

Week 7 Points Champs: Dinner Out (135.54!)
His opponent brought a lot of power to the table, but Dinner Out brought relentless pressure thanks to outstanding 20+pt days from Aaron Rodgers, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and the Steelers D.

Current League Leader: Witty Nicknames (6-1, 678pts)
I'm at the top of the chart for the second consecutive week, but Hookers and Blow (6-1) narrowed the points lead down to 15. Dinner Out is alone in 3rd while 4 other teams vie for the final 3 spots, and another 4 only one game back.

Bench Misery Award: Im-Ho-Tep
Not much bench production across the league this week. IHT wins because of a particular sorrow: the Pats? 19 points. The Bears? -4!

The DeSean Jackson Milk Carton award goes to Turf Masters. Down 18 points with only the ice-cold DJax to play (9pts in 2 weeks), DeSean ended up winning the game by himself, with nearly identical rushing/receiving stats and a huge 25 points! The game was basically a dud for almost every other relevant fantasy player on the field.

Also, thanks for all the fish:
Leon Washington (Jets) and Chris Cooley (Skins) are both out for the year. :/

Cloudy

Banned
Ugh, I'd be in 4th place based on points if Westbrook didn't get hurt :(

In other news, Virtual Physics is projected to win by 20 points. I wonder who'll have a career day for Ron Mexico to win by a few points

Palmar - 29.32
Ochocinco - 23.80

At least it was a blowout loss for VP this time lol

VPhys

Blown out again. Im-Ho-Tep projected for 73 points. Currently has 114 with Shockey yet to add to that on Monday. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
And just like that, Rody White beats me. FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I knew I should have started Celek with no Westbrook. And the Cards defense can kiss my ass :(

Cloudy said:
And just like that, Rody White beats me. FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I knew I should have started Celek with no Westbrook. And the Cards defense can kiss my ass :(

:lol Sorry Cloudy. Falcons and Saints basically turned it into an offensive showcase, and that meant Roddy was going to see the ball. Close matchup though!

Damn I was sweating bullets over this game in my other league. Saints D vs. Gonz and she had the early lead. It was basically decided by less than one point until Sharper ate the football like a dinosaur. whewwww

Also, whoever was fumbling the ball on the Saints side, really, GTFO. My blood pressure can't take it. -_-

Week 8 Points Champs: Vas Def (124.20)
A close call, but Vas pulled out the win in this category because, well, his receivers blew away the opposition. 20 points for Reggie, 14 points for Colston, 16 points for Jackson...it's basically the best three-start receiver core you could ask for.

Current League Leader: Witty Nicknames (7-1, 746pts)
For the third week I'm at the top of the board, opening up a one game lead on Hookers and Blow. H&B and Dinner Out are by themselves at 6-2 while an astounding SEVEN teams are now at 4-4, fighting it out for the final three playoff spots!

Bench Misery Award: Virtual Physics (1pt)
Wow, the magical all-bye week! (What? You mean Eddie Royal actually played? Really?)

The "What the hell happens now?!" award goes to Virtual Physics, as well. Cloudy has an interesting case for the award, but let's look at the odd circumstances that led VP to defeat this week:

1. Dennis Northcutt: 0pts despite Calvin Johnson being inactive
2. Bears DEF scores an eye-opening 26 points
3. Brett Favre scores 4 passing TDs against the Packers
4. Jonathan Stewart has every rushing touchdown for the Panthers
5. Braylon Edwards and TO both show up to play
6. VP "only" scores 106 points

I'm tempted to just name the award after VP. That is hard luck. -_-;

We're the inevitable part of a season where teams have alot of probables and questionables. Gotta hawk that Injury Wire because it's entirely possible guys on Probable don't play (see Lions' handling of Matthew Stafford/Calvin Johnson injuries). Also Trade Deadline ends in 12 days, and as I thought I'm the most active in that department.

I would also say that don't be afraid of making changes with your team to fix a problem area, whether it's a trade/waiver/FA pickup. Doing nothing at times is worse than a failed move, at least the latter can be fixed.

Not sure if it's a "fuck it I'll win anyway" thing but a lot of people leaving guys with Bye Weeks in their lineup even though they have replacements...

Goddamn shitty iphone app. I picked up Betts yesterday and add him to my lineup and I check my team today when I finally get home and he's on my bench, with about 13 points.

Cloudy

Banned
We really should have set it so sacks = -1 points. If the D gets points for sacks, QBs should lose one too. Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be dropping 20+ points every week :lol

Cloudy said:
We really should have set it so sacks = -1 points. If the D gets points for sacks, QBs should lose one too. Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be dropping 20+ points every week :lol
Why didn't you? Sacks are partly the QBs fault anyway.

Cloudy

Banned
The Frankman said:
Why didn't you? Sacks are partly the QBs fault anyway.

I must have missed it or Yahoo doesn't have that option. We'll do it for next season though.

ps: 2 weeks in a row, 2 different defenses have given me ZERO points. Unreal..

VPhys

Aww man, I was kinda starting to embrace the loosing streak. I wanted to go out Detroit style. :lol

Thanks anyway though. :D Funny I win when I started a player that sat out of the game due to injury. :lol

I am dying in the NFL thread. If Ben gets one more TD here I lose my week. I'm just holding on right now, game in the 4th quarter.
Frank, you are gonna lose. Up only 6 with the whole 4th quarter left for Big Ben..
Big Ben is sucking. I'm winning this.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm gonna lose but with so many 4-5 teams, I need the points to maybe get in the top 6. Cmon Ben, throw to Wallace and Holmes :D

Wowza!!

Well Big Ben just sealed Frankman's loss with that TD to Ward. It also just scared the hell out of one of the guys in my keeper league, who is now only winning by .7!

Exciting night.

Cloudy

Banned
If I can just get in the playoffs, I have a pretty good squad. Pretty much all my losses are due to Westbrook out or playing the wrong TE :(

Cloudy said:
If I can just get in the playoffs, I have a pretty good squad. Pretty much all my losses are due to Westbrook out or playing the wrong TE :(

Yeah point spread for 6th is really small. You've got a good shot, tough sched though. Frankman, Hookers, 2Legit, Vas

Cloudy

Banned
If Westbrook can go, I can take any of those teams. 2legit should be fun next week. I will start Holmes and Wallace against him so unless he throws everything to Ward, my WRs will cancel out his QB production :D

Since we are officially into Rivalry Week, I can finally say that I have had the most intense hatred for Vas Deferens.
Cloudy said:
Aaaaaaaaaaand Frank loses by .10 :lol

It works for me because I have more points than you :D
Wrong on both counts.

Yeah uh...wtf is Rivalry week? How is it even decided? (I have no idea.)

Week 9 Points Champ: Dinner Out (124.44)
Dinner narrowly takes the weekly points award thanks to a late INT from the Steelers. Really; the different was less than two points!

Current League Leader: Witty Nicknames (8-1, 870pts)
For the fourth week in a row I'm at the top of the board. Dinner Out and Hookers and Blow are right behind at 7-2, with 2Legit2Bitch! and Turf Masters hanging on at 5-4. 6 Teams are fighting it out through points tiebreakers for the final playoff spot!

Bench Misery Award: Kidd is my QB takes this one. Lance Moore, Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez, Glen Coffee? 0.4 points and one concussion. Yikes!

The "<pending bionics/harson comment>" award goes The Big Blue Crew. Despite needing only 14 points to win, 2Legit was still behind by a point at the two minute warning. Mendenhall rushes, again and again, dragging out the game. And instead of kneeling, Ben throws the final killer yards and TD. Tough times.

Also, big props to Virtual Physics for turning it around. Signs of a gutsy victory?
1. Starting Titans defense (18pts)
2. Starting a player who did not play (Antonio Bryant)
3. Starting a Washington Redskin receiver (Santana Moss)

Well done, sir. Well done.

I'm the luckiest 5-4 ever considering what my RBs have accomplished.

LT = bust
McFadden = nonexistent
TB RBs not named Williams = d'oh

Picking 13/14 was an unenviable position and meant being stuck with leftovers in the 1st and 3rd rounds. Draft position in the second didn't much matter, and picking early in the 4th wasn't much of a consolation. Watching while the draft unfolded was painful because I knew exactly how it was going to play out: I was going to be stuck taking questions marks I really didn't want to be stuck with directly after better, more bankable players were taken during the two most important rounds of the draft.

I knew odds were I'd be too incompetent to overcome it and I was right. That and I didn't make roster moves at all the first five weeks, oops :p

WJD

Just signed up today and here's my team:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Ricky Williams
RB: Correll Buckhalter
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Bryant Johnson
TE: Heath Miller

Kicker: Mike Nugent

Defense: Colts.

I'm very new to the whole fantasy football thing, so it will probably go horribly wrong.
Live and learn I guess. :lol

edit: seems this thread isn't for general fantasy talk. ah well.

WJD said:
Just signed up today and here's my team:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Ricky Williams
RB: Correll Buckhalter
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Bryant Johnson
TE: Heath Miller

Kicker: Mike Nugent

Defense: Colts.

edit: seems this thread isn't for general fantasy talk. ah well.

Nah, it's fine for all FF talk as far as I know, just it's dominated by a lot of GAF league talk.

Er...are you in a 20 team league or what?

What I will say WJD is make sure you know the league rules and scoring... How many teams? Is it PPR (points-per reception)? Are any point bonuses given (some leagues give extra points if a player reaches x yards/TD/etc. in a game)? Also you might want to read the thread (start from Page 5) to get an idea of what's going on and players to target.

For instance the GAF Yahoo League is a 14-team, non-PPR league that gives no performance bonuses.

Cloudy

Banned
So, should I start Brian Westbrook or stick with Julius Jones? Or both and drop a WR? Decisions..

My WRs are Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice and Steve Breaston. I'm up against Big Ben this week and having 2 of his WRs on my team seems like a good idea. Rice vs. the Lions should be good stats too. Breaston is on the bench even though he was nice last week..

Cloudy

Banned
Frankman loses to Reggie Wayne and Vhyps loses to Randy Moss. Tough...

I am screwed cos Westbrook is probably done for the year. Aside from football, hope the guy is ok though..

Would have piped in Cloudy but didn't even get to GAF this morning...you got hurt double though, Julius AND Westy are out. Hopefully Julius is OK for next week. I need him badly in my keeper league (although, I did just have dream-matchup week: R. Rice, C. Johnson, R. Moss)

sigh. QB russian roulette gets me again. Damn it Cutler! Stop throwing picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom