• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football league(s) 2k9

Status
Not open for further replies.
ughhhhhhh

Well it looks like I'm sitting good in the No Quitters league but Gates destroyed me in my keeper league. Dammit. :( Why do I have LJ and McFadden?!? :(

Cloudy

Banned
Virtual Physics just got screwed over with the Packers not taking that FG. He needs 2 FGs to eek out his first win :lol

edit: nm Longwell isn't on the Packers anymore :lol

I'm stunned Vas started LeRon McClain... as someone who drafted him he wasn't giving me anything. I know better options were available, I got Jerome Harrison on waivers and Mewelde Moore in FA last week!

also from NFL thread:
VPhys said:
Time to hit the bottle. 95 points and I still can't win a fantasy game.
Don't panic, but you may need to make some smart moves on the wavier wire/trades. Don't let dead weight hold you down... Heck I'm 3-1 and I have only 8 of my 15 players I drafted left on my team, the rest of the team I got through trades/FA/Waivers.

So frustrating making trade offers with folks who just let them time out. :(

Week 4 Champs:
Current League Leader: 2Legit2Bitch! (4-0, 373.64pts)
Our new league leader has twenty points less than #2, but the record to stay on top.

Most Points: The Big Blue Crew (123.84)
Feast or famine continues for the 'Crew as they had by far the most points this week despite having the least last time around. Three 20+pt players.

Most Points Left on the Bench: Ron Mexico's Revenge (63!)
Once again, the Revenge takes this award to the bank as Barber, Orton, and Palmer have a combined 47 points while his starting QB (Sanchez) gets -0.08!

This week, Virtual Physics takes the "Where's my Romo?" award for losing by just shy of 5 points. The reason it's an award...is that it's all because he started TO. Starting Antonio Bryant would have guaranteed victory no matter whom his opponent switched in. Tough times.

Cloudy

Banned
Next week will be interesting cos some of the top guys are facing each other. Hopefully I can win and get back on track for the playoffs :D

Cloudy

Banned
After a month, let's look back and analyze our drafts. Bold the guys still on your team

1. (6) Brian Westbrook - Waaay too high. Should have taken a top WR or Peyton >_<
2. (23) Philip Rivers - Not bad this early with the stats he's putting up
3. (34) Thomas Jones - Not an unreasonable pick here as my depth at RB is now keeping me afloat
4. (51) Jason Witten - Decent stats till this week. I will seriously consider starting Celek as my #1 the way Romo is playing
5. (62) Santonio Holmes - Hasn't done anything since week 1. Too many options for Ben
6. (79) Laveranues Coles - Horrific bust. I somehow traded him for Shaun Hill :eek:
7. (90) Tennessee - Suprisingly terrible pick. One good week and then disaster the rest of the way. Dropping them today
8. (107) Julius Jones - He's had some nice games. Just happy to have multiple options at RB since Westbrook has already gone down.
9. (118) Kris Brown - Finally had a nice producing week from him
10. (135) Willis McGahee - The steal of my draft :D
11. (146) Ted Ginn Jr. - Fail
12. (163) Carolina - Fail
13. (174) Antwaan Randle El - Fail
14. (191) Bo Scaife - Fail (Got Celek as my 2nd TE now and he's even better than Witten!)
15. (202) Rian Lindell - Dropped him early searching for WR depth

I'm doing ok at 2-2 but WR is a weak spot for me...

Hmm maybe we need to make a deal, Cloudy. WR is my only really solid spot...

1. (5) DeAngelo Williams: ok...
2. (24) Ryan Grant: ok...
3. (33) Roddy White: hmm...
4. (52) Wes Welker: Fresh off the injury report.
5. (61) Jay Cutler: Good stuff past week 1.
6. (80) Chris Cooley: Nothing special.
7. (89) Bernard Berrian: Getting better lately.
8. (108) Leon Washington: Traded for Dwayne Bowe.
9. (117) David Garrard: Arguably equal to my starter lately.
10. (136) Rashard Mendenhall: Saved me this week!
11. (145) James Davis: Fail / IR
12. (164) Chris Henry: Fail
13. (173) Tampa Bay: Fail
14. (192) Josh Morgan: Fail
15. (201) Nick Folk: No complaints.

my original draft + comments:

The Big Blue Crew
1. (12) QB Drew Brees - Beast, who is slowing down a bit, but solid.
2. (17) RB Frank Gore - Beast, injured but should be fine.
3. (40) WR Dwayne Bowe (there were literally no stud wideouts left, 23 spots later ) - Traded last week for Leon Washington, I HATE Bowe.
4. (45) TE Antonio Gates - Just gave me a beast week, stud.
5. (68) RB Chris "Beanie" Wells - so unhappy, this sleeper never woke up.
6. (73) WR Eddie Royal (Goddamit wanted DeSean Jackson thought he'd be there!) - Fantasy Dud of the Year? Watch me trade him and he revert to 2008 form. :lol
7. (96) Defense New York - Defense in 7th round? Hell yeah!
8. (101) WR Torry Holt - gave him up after Week 1, turned into Michael Clayton (gone now)
9. (124) RB Le'Ron McClain - Gambled he see touches, dropped him last week for John Carney :lol
10. (129) QB Matt Hasselbeck - A good starting QB who's backing up Brees. Hurt now but should ok.
11. (152) K David Akers - Good kicker
12. (157) WR Steve Smith (Giants' version) - As a Giants fan, I knew the was the most polished Giants receiver and Manning liked him. Steal of the draft?
13. (180) WR Jeremy Maclin - potential, dropped him for Patrick Crayton
*14. (185) RB Edgerrin James (orginally picked Laurence Maroney, dropped him 2 hours later) - dropped for Justin Forsett (gone now)
15. (208) TE Brent Celek (not sure if Gates will last full season) - I regret this drop, but I got Heath Miller for him.

EDIT: Open to all offers except Smith/Sims-Walker/Gore/Brees/Gates...
So frustrating making trade offers with folks who just let them time out. :(
THIS. You have to hit up people by GAF PMs or mail for trades, don't just offer it and let it sit.

Cloudy said:
How come the waiver priority never changes? I am always last :(
It does change, I remember being like 7th before...

And people check your teams... from what I'm seeing deals will be made this week.

I'm still up for deals...heck me and Frankman countered like what, 3 times? Peeps gotta stop just insta-cancelling and explain their position.

Cloudy, waiver priority is rolling based on use. Whenever you use waivers you fall back to #12. So if you're #1 and you make a waiver pickup, you drop back to #12, but if there's 11 guys behind you also making waiver pickups, you could conceivably rise back up to #1 again (not very likely since it's more common for one guy to make multiple waiver picks).

Cloudy

Banned
Anyone here interested in Fantasy NBA?

I'm still up for deals...heck me and Frankman countered like what, 3 times? Peeps gotta stop just insta-cancelling and explain their position

To be honest, the only guys I want on your team are probably untouchable. How the hell are you 3-1? :lol

Cloudy said:
To be honest, the only guys I want on your team are probably untouchable. How the hell are you 3-1? :lol

Is that saying I should be worse or better? Though looking at my lineup it's pretty underperforming...-_-

Cloudy

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Is that saying I should be worse or better? Though looking at my lineup it's pretty underperforming...-_-

You should definitely be worse IMO :lol

This is a crucial week for me. I'm going against a 1-3 team but Rivers has a bye this week. Ugh...

Cloudy said:
You should definitely be worse IMO :lol

This is a crucial week for me. I'm going against a 1-3 team but Rivers has a bye this week. Ugh...

Worse?! :lol I'm not that down on my team. Receivers have definitely started slow tho. And my schedule is brutal. Second consecutive week versus an undefeated team and then I get two 3-1s after.

MENDENHALL wooooooo

(Hope those trades worked out!)

Whoops, time to update the ol' trading block, I'll never survive Gore being out unless I make a move.

EDIT: Yahoo only allows 5 people on the Trading Block, but just ask and please write something in the Notes if you're proposing a deal.

DCX

DCX
i'm getting blown out, but Fitz is keeping me in this bitch with Addai and Clark still to play!

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Frankman, I offered you a trade..

edit: Virtual is gonna get screwed again cos Hasselback dropped 4 TDs coming off an injury :lol

Welcome to the 4th episode of

The Official
neogaf1.gif
Yahoo NFL Fantasy 8:15 Sunday OT Recap

... otherwise known as The OT!!! Week 3 had monster performances by injured people and backup players. Only one undefeated team left and two winless teams left. Will that trend continue? Also I know it's 8:24, SO SUE ME! :D

The Big Blue Crew - 84.24
Virtual Physics - 88.02
A huge game by Michael Turner (27.7) and backup Tashard Choice (15.2) paced VP, and it looked like he would cruise to the win especially when TBBC's Top 2 RBs combined for 4.9 points.
at 4:09 PM said:
My Fantasy life depends on Matt Hasselback, Leon Washington, and Eddie Royal (fill-in for Sims-Walker)

... I'm dead aren't I?
But Mat Hasselback had a monster game coming off injury (27.94), and Eddie Royal had his best game of the year. TBBC needs 3.78 points from Leon Washington to tie VP, who is done for the week.
Team Konex - 49.22
To be named later - 109.60
Besides a monstrous game by Ahmad Bradshaw (28.5) and good performances by Minny D (14) and Lawrence Tynes (13), Tbnl had steady performances by his whole team. Willis McGahee was a victim of Ray Rice and even though TK has Thomas Jones left Tbnl has it wrapped up.
Ron Mexico's Revenge - 41.84
Turf Masters - 45.74
RMR is down 3.9 points, but has Austin Collie, Chris Johnson and Jets D left. TM has Dustin Keller and Indy D left... RMR seems like he has the horses to win this matchup going away.
Im-Ho-Tep - 72.78
Good As Gould - 60.10
Huge games by Andre 3000 and Fantasy disappointment Clinton Portis, as well as a nice game by Johnathan Stewart (52 points combined) gave IHT a nice lead going into the Sunday Night game. Hines Ward/Mario Manningham/Baltimore D combined for 35.1 points. With a 12.68 point lead IMT has Pierre Garcon and Braylon Edwards left but GAG has Peyton Manning... if Manning has a 3-4 TD game and avoids throwing a TD to Garcon there's a shot GAG can win this...
Kidd is my QB - 97.64
Vas Deferens - 62.96
KimQ had big games by Nate Burleson (21.8) and Ray Rice (20.3) to get his lead, but this should be interesting since his last player is Ted Ginn Jr. VD has Reggie Wayne, Shonn Greene, Adam Vinatieri, and Miami D. Even down 34.68 I've got the give the win to VD and KimQ to remain winless...
Witty Nicknames - 103.82
2Legit2Bitch! - 67.68
WN had good games from Atlanta D (13 points), Wes Welker (14.6), Rashard Mendenhall (15.3), and Dwayne Bowe (13.4 I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU YOU HEAR ME?? YOU FUCKING SUCK! YOU'RE GONNA BURN!!!), and a riccoculous game by Roddy white, who got 33 points off the Niner secondary. Larry Fitzgerald had 19.9 for 2L2B! but has Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark left. It's possible he can come back but not likely, and the Calvin Johnson injury has to be killing him. Can WN knock off the last unbeaten left???
Dinner Out - 72.72
Hookers And Blow - 87.02
In a battle of 3-1 teams Matt Cassel and Brandon Marshall combined for 39.92 points and AP was AP for HAB. Meanwhile Ced Benson and Housh went for 39.3 combined, so DO in the drivers seat right? Wrong, Derek Anderson netted him -0.88 points, crippling his team and he only has Rob Bironas left, while HAB has Nate Washington and Ronnie Brown. HAB wins this.

VPhys

This can't be life. I dropped the Raiders D and picked up Jacksonville Defense 2 days ago. It was looking like a great decision as I was watching the Radiers give up TD after TD, which eventually led to a blowout 44-7.

But it wasn't over. One defense in the league performed worse than the Raiders. Guess who? JACKSONVILLE. Jacksonville managed to net a -3 points on Defense to the Raiders -2.:lol Had I picked ANY other of the 12 available defenses I would have cruised to a victory. But no, it wasn't in the cards.

Now all Leon Washington has to do is show up and once again I'm in the pits.

I nearly ran for the nearest bar once I:

a) saw Miles Austin's point total
b) realized my waiver claim isn't high enough to get him in my keeper league
c) realized that Roddy White won my GAF week and lost my keeper week

(Answer: all of the above. ughhh)

rinker

If anyones interested in Peyton Manning I'm up for any offers involving at least a good RB. (Good as Gould)

I sent out a couple offers already.

Cloudy

Banned
rinker said:
If anyones interested in Peyton Manning I'm up for any offers involving at least a good RB. (Good as Gould)

I will send you an offer..

Cloudy

Banned
The Frankman said:
I'm shopping like half my team here and can't get a decent offer for a RB. :lol

Why would anyone trade with a 4-1 team? I still can't believe you won this week :lol

Cloudy

Banned
rinker said:

I sent you a trade. Can you accept or decline so I can do something before waivers?

Cloudy said:
I sent you a trade. Can you accept or decline so I can do something before waivers?
Like I said, send a GAF PM or e-mail directly. These guys don't check their Yahoo page at all.

Also I don't get your reasoning. You make a trade to help you, and if it helps you who the fuck cares recordwise?

All a person has to be is in the Top 6. Who knows what happens with injuries/inactives and whatnot. 1-4 and 0-5 is not a death sentence, just watch the waiverwire and try to make a deal. I'm of the ESPN Gridiron Challenge mentality... I'm not married to anyone on my roster outside of my Top 2 picks, and even they could be had... if ... The Price Is Right

VPhys

This is not looking good. Drew Brees is throwing like a madman. Pierre Thomas has even not been in the lineup on the last 2 plays inside the 5 yard line.

And Eli is not accurate so far. The one thing going for me is if New Orleans keeps scoring like this Eli will be forced to pass.

Cloudy

Banned
Unless Michael Turner goes crazy, I win. Virtual Physics is the unluckiest fantasy team I've ever seen :lol

Also, my WR rotation is finally set. I finally have 4 guys who will give decent to great production every week. Things are looking up...

I'll be doing an awards week double-header tomorrow to make up for that depressing week 5. :lol Set the keeper league scoring record...might have had more if Belicheck hadn't softened up on the Titans.

EDIT: some random statistical laughs

-Bills DEF: 18pts?! :lol
-Mark Sanchez (Jets): -4.64, enough to be worse than Kerry Collins today! :lol
-Heath Evans (Saints): first career catch without a TD (9/10), but he gets a rushing TD anyway. :lol
-Titans (despite Chris Johnson's fine effort)
-Redskins (uh...)
-Sammy Morris :(

Cloudy

Banned
Bills DEF: 18pts?!

Their offense sucks but they've been one of the better defenses all year besides two bad games. I would have played them yesterday but I thought the Jets would score a lot :lol

Cards defense got me 16 points though. What a great Sunday Morning pickup :D

A combination of loss depression and the sorrow of Raider pigeon forced me to delay the awards a week...I need sunday ticket more than ever. :(

Week 5 Points Champs: Hookers and Blow (112.36)
H&B dominated with an all-around performance as four players had basically twenty points (Ronnie Brown, AP, Schaub, Marshall)...and his opponent started a QB with negative points. Tough times...

Week 6 Points Champs: Turf Masters (121.88)
Narrowly eked out the win here due to the combined powers of Schaub (29), Moss (30), and the astounding Tampa Bay defense (14). Wait, what?! :lol

Current League Leader: Witty Nicknames (5-1, 565pts)
Witty Nicknames (that's me!) and Hookers and Blow (also 5-1) are the clear leaders of the pack, with three 4-2 teams close behind and an astounding four more teams competing for the final playoff spot at 3-3. Only Virtual Physics is without a win, really, everyone is still in the league with a chance to make the playoffs.

Bench Misery Award: Hookers and Blow
Talk about a two week swing. Week 5? Whoops. Miles Austin leads to 63 points left behind. Week 6? The bench accounts for an astounding -6 points, dodging a bullet like a thread regular dodging a ban bet. :lol

Two weeks, so three special awards:

Raider Pigeon Droppings Award: Turf Masters, in Week 5...oh man, tough times, as Randy Moss, Dustin Keller, DJax, Lee Evans, and Joe Nedney (that's more than half his starting lineup) account for an astounding 7.8 points.

Where's my Kitna? Award: Virtual Physics, who should by all accounts be 1-5 if not for the Jags shitting the bed defensively (-3) and Leon Washington crawling into the win late in the Monday Nighter (5.7pts). The end result? A 2-point loss and 0-5 against the starting RB combo of Jerome Harrison and Mewelde Moore (2pts each.) TO not only scored more than the two of them...VP started him! :lol

Hangover Award: Ron Mexico's Revenge for dropping four players today, prior to the waiver period! :lol

Crazymoogle said:
A combination of loss depression and the sorrow of Raider pigeon forced me to delay the awards a week...I need sunday ticket more than ever. :(
Try to look for a lamp of The Red Zone Channel.

Cloudy said:
I warned you about Maclin, Frank :p
You warned me about nothing. I just need a spot, I'm picking him back up after I make some offers first. They had Nnamdi on him a bunch of times Sunday, dude has playmaker written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom