• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Johnny

20af46.jpg

Toshiba 20AF46 for some oldschool gaming. My ~480i games look like they're supposed to now.

Kobiekun

FebruaryGames02.jpg

Johnny said:
Toshiba 20AF46 for some oldschool gaming. My ~480i games look like they're supposed to now.

Imagine how hard it will be to find a TV for old school gaming in 10 years. I almost want to buy a few to put away. :)

Johnny

SuperJ said:
Imagine how hard it will be to find a TV for old school gaming in 10 years. I almost want to buy a few to put away. :)
Oh I know! I had my eyes on a Sony but couldn't find a 20" set anywhere, only the 27" model and it wasn't even in stock. It seems JVC and Panasonic aren't even selling SDTVs here anymore either. Those cheap little LCD EDTVs are totally eating away at the market, there were literally 4 SDTVS amongst the dozens of TVs at Best Buy, and they'll probably be gone within the year.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Captain N said:
WHAT!?! where did you get that?

Thru my brothers job.

D3VI0US

I got me a:

ilmxbox360corepackage.jpg

With Gears, a HDD, a Wireless Controller, and a Play and Charge. Wanna know what I'm most excited to fire up though?

258963062_c84f0b3084_b_qjpreviewth.jpg

Got it a while ago but I'd say it still counts and it's still early in the month! :D

Rolio

B0009VXBAQ.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00005BOSF.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0001YYNLM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

250px-Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg

+ Psyclone Essentials Wii Component Cables $20 = rolio gets to FINALLY play Eternal Darkness in widescreen progressive scan!

Costanza

Banned
D3VI0US said:
I got me a:

ilmxbox360corepackage.jpg

With Gears, a HDD, a Wireless Controller, and a Play and Charge. Wanna know what I'm most excited to fire up though?
Why did you buy a core?
Premium would of been 50 bucks cheaper with what you bought and you'd be getting a headset and HD Cables.

B000ASTR92.03._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000I2J5DS.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46853297_.jpg

:)

I stood in front of Raving Rabbids and Wario Ware for the Wii. But 58 € for RR was to much and I read on the package of WW (48 €) that it's supposed to be played with friends. So I didn't bought it. I hate party-games.

Oh and:

1985-noscale-vstoy01.jpg

1,50 € on Ebay. :D

Fabiollo

Any impressions on Parodius Portable? I love the game, but I'm afraid: Gradius Portable was almost unplayable due to the crappy PSP d-pad.

Klotera

FebruaryGames.JPG

Who woulda known that I, of all people, would be buying games for not just one - but two Nintendo systems after being Nintendo-less since the GBA-SP (and the NES before that).

I actually don't even own a DS... bid for C: DoS on eBay late January when I had every intention of selling my PSP and switching to DS. However, the 3.03 downgrader and Rondo of Blood announcement put a stop to that. Further, I still may have gotten it, had my opportunity to get a Wii not come along. However, I had already purchased and it was on its way. Given that it's hard to find, glad I got it so I have it when I do get the DS.... hmm, how much do you think I could get for my NES-edition GBA-SP?

Current backlog: Final Fantasy XII, Lost Planet, Twighlight Princess (the latter two of which will be finished long before the former)

Naruto

Only PC gaming for me this time:

Super Cosplay War Ultra:

SCU_SCREEN4.jpg

Sam And Max Episode 2 - Situation Comedy:

a%20(2).jpg

System Shock 2 (Let's see what's all the fuss about..) :

B00000K4AX.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey:

Dreamfall-The_longest_journey.jpg

keanerie

So far this month I've picked up

Hotel Dusk
Lunar Knights
Metal Gear Solid 2 (yes, I'm playing it for the first time)
Jak and Dakster
Mario Kart DS

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
OverHeat said:
A Wii for my guess room

Is that a typo for the world "guest" or do you really have (or think you have) a "guess room"? :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
DSC00720.JPG

Picked up 2x Pikmin 2 for $1.97, Metal Gear Acid for $3.97, LotR tactics for $1.97 at Sears. And I got Psychonauts at TRU for $5.20 :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I have a bunch of diff type of arcade sticks... my friend is a really cool cat, he made me a custom stick out of nowhere as thanks for always helpin' him out... check it out:

390595184_02afc06a21.jpg

The PS2 is non functional BTW.

MarkMan said:
I have a bunch of diff type of arcade sticks... my friend is a really cool cat, he made me a custom stick out of nowhere as thanks for always helpin' him out... check it out:

390595184_02afc06a21.jpg

The PS2 is non functional BTW.

That is so awesome. ='D

Got some more stuff this month, can't be arsed to take a photo this time.

B000HEZBFI.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000IEP7W4.02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000FUWCRY.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000JLL3UQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Lee N

Membre
Jefklak said:
Bullshit. It's not illegal either.
Yes it is.

As long as it is copyrighted.. it is illegal to make unauthorized copies. The only reason the so called abandonware sites put these games up on their sites is because the copyright holders aren't actively protecting their property anymore, and thus it is relatively risk-free.

This, however, does not mean that it is legal to do so..

The term "abandonware" has no legal meaning, it's just a word made up by people who think that these games should be free now when the copyright holders have given up on them.

Top Bottom