• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

graywolf323

Resetera turned into GAF prior to Resetera existing. Bans for any sort of dissent and completely arbitrary reasons. Dog piling. Cancel culture. No thanks.

I’m much happier here, although it still isn’t quite perfect. At least I don’t have to sweat getting perma’d for whatever flavor of the week.

My GAF account is older than many forum members.

yeah it's definitely sad what Era has morphed into, this is my first post on GAF in quite a while for similar reasons as to why you came back Bboy AJ Bboy AJ though my account isn't quite as old as yours :messenger_tongue:

ShinNL

Fast forward 20 years and everyone is sending each other Facebook invites so high schoolers can stay in touch. You check out that guy's profile as he's linked in with other Facebook people and the guy is still a loser at 35. Just like when he was at 15.
I feel attacked somehow. I don't need your stupid Facebook friends :messenger_frowning_

spectyre

I don't post a whole lot, but I visit Gaf several times a day. I made an account at the other place because I wanted to stay up on the news I cared about, but I have only visited there about 3 times... and never more than a few minutes. I just looked a minute ago and I saw 3 people banned for "dismissing trans-phobia". I am grateful for Gaf and it's outstanding membership. There is always a good argument to read through.

JDTR1992

Neo Member
I don't post a whole lot, but I visit Gaf several times a day. I made an account at the other place because I wanted to stay up on the news I cared about, but I have only visited there about 3 times... and never more than a few minutes. I just looked a minute ago and I saw 3 people banned for "dismissing trans-phobia". I am grateful for Gaf and it's outstanding membership. There is always a good argument to read through.
I just finished reading the gta thread. How can any sane person post in Era is beyond me

cormack12

Gold Member
1yxovy.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Goddamn even Yoshichan is back. The man, the myth the legendary Dark Souls thread.....
Yoshichan who? [/REEE]
Nope, I approve accounts at regular intervals. You can PM me when she registers though and I’ll make sure she’s sorted out.
This is excellent news, thanks a bunch!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's a shame that Era is still so damned active so it's still arguably a better place to go for hot off the press news.

Just reading it infuriates me though, but it was the same with oldgaf too.

Prefer the site as it is now - let's just hope we can get the activity up again!

Here most threads are filled with people putting in effort. I browse through Era threads and most of the replies are very low effort, nothing even worth responding to. Like replies of five or six words. There's just a hundred of them. Then one person makes a thoughtful reply consisting of a few paragraphs and is banned.

Zato

Banned
It’s great to see, that other place ain’t no gaming forum.

If any of those whiny fucks ever start to creep back in here ..... please for the love of science, boot them out straight away.

Anyway, fuck them ...... with new consoles, new gpu and new games / ip .... it’s a good time to be a member of a gaming board.

wzy

Thank you, TLOU2 and the embarrassing circle of wagons surrounding it, behind which stood literally every major and minor figure in the videogames culture industry.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Congrats Evilore! A much more solid, sane and reliable user base as well. Immune to cancel culture. that’s the most important point. Honestly the cancel culture is such a blessing for those who decide not to give up. The reward is immense and long lasting. Recently a few gaming related people have been hit hard by cancel culture. Hopefully they will be inspired and bravely move on as well. Nothing is more rewarding to have their fan base cancel culture proof as well.

Intoxicate

I moved since I got banned. I wasn't aware about the politics behind the scene and a bit annoyed by the heavy focus on what's right or wrong. I think I forced it by opening a thread about "attractive woman in games" as a response to the same thread for "men in games".
I thought it's a gaming forum and I joined for gaming news and rumors. Still like some threads there like the Nintendo rumors or Sales threads.

Brazen

This is well deserved for having a normal place to chill. Really sad that that's a plus in today's world compared to other gaming forums. I'll never understand this whole judging/persecution of people and it's importance in an online/chat format. It's really ignorant. Family and friends are the only opinions of myself I care about and vice versa.

Cheers to many more years of sanity here.

I’m sorry to say but Resetera’s numbers and influence trumps this site 10 times over. There’s barely any meat on the bones here but over there it’s hustling and bustling. Progressive wokeness has won the internet and conservatives are left to fight for scraps.

Sad but true. (Yes, Metallica rocks!)

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I’m sorry to say but Resetera’s numbers and influence trumps this site 10 times over. There’s barely any meat on the bones here but over there it’s hustling and bustling. Progressive wokeness has won the internet and conservatives are left to fight for scraps.

This is actually untrue.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

Woke people just scream the loudest on the internet. But in the real world they are a minority.

Woke people just scream the loudest on the internet. But in the real world they are a minority.
Yeah, elections all over the world usually show that but we are speaking about internet here and it seems everyone in the real and virtual world is afraid of them, hiding under their beds, afraid to say anything. Very sad.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I’ll tell you this: ever since I left that cuckhold, I’ve never felt better. That place makes you sick.

Honestly it is true. I'm still liberal and most of my friends also are, but we would still laugh and mock most of the insane takes that place would generate.

Flintty

I disagree. There may be more members there but it’s the quality over quantity here. There’s more meat on the bone here, Ree is more gristle 🤣

KAL2006

Banned
I went back to check my first ever post.

I've been in GAF since July 2009.

11 Years

Damn how time has flown. If you count the 4 years I been lurking before I joined that's 15 years. I was at GAF when I was a young teenager, now I'm a grown as man with wife and kid.

Senua

I wish I still had my first gaf account, so I could look cool and old having a 2007 join date, like those cool pony tail dudes in suits in the back of a jazz club smoking

iclash

I joined up with this place back in 2004. I rarely posted, I just lurked to read gaming news, see funny, memes and crazy OT stories. When the schism happened, I signed up for the new site but I found I really just avoided both forums. I'm happy to see this place coming back to life because for many years it was the center of my gaming universe.

Senua

What was your original username and what happened to it?
Fender_UK, I think I got banned for "advocating piracy" or something. it was a long time ago and I think emulation was a taboo subject back then. Me memory is a bit hazy though so I could have done something more naughty haha

Top Bottom