• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

cormack12

Gold Member

Have an av bro

L1CT26E.png

Jeeves

I haven't visited much of either place since the last console war.

Even though Era enforces mental chemical castration in order to participate, here we aren't showing much maturity either by celebrating numbers in a war chant against Era.
Gamers are not there because they agree with being lobotomized by mods. They stay there to keep talking about games with familiar people. No one knew what Era was about to become.

I'm fine with celebrating the downfall of any place that rejects freedom of speech, but I make sure I am celebrating against its "government", not its people. This entire topic feels like bombing villages, not the state buildings.
If you look at it in the context of Era being founded on hijacking GAF's userbase, it seems plenty reasonable to me to be rooting for our numbers to go up and theirs to go down.

And since Era users can leave and join us any time they wish, I do think it's heartening to watch the trend of more people choosing a more open and sane forum like this as opposed to....well, you already described Era accurately enough.

Slaylock

Leaving the shithole Resetera for this place was the best decision I made in 2020.

I used to come back here once and a while, but there wasn't enough traffic to keep things interesting. Much of what I saw on Resetera made me very uncomfortable, but I didn't see any other option.

Then I got permabanned for what was considered a transphobic post, and it was one of the best things that happened to me in quite a while. I feel far more comfortable here. Cheers to EviLore for keeping this place awesome!

Senua

Gold Member
Then I got permabanned for what was considered a transphobic post, and it was one of the best things that happened to me in quite a while. I feel far more comfortable here. Cheers to EviLore for keeping this place awesome!
It's nuts how easily you can be labeled shit like that huh? It's pretty insulting

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
If you look at it in the context of Era being founded on hijacking GAF's userbase, it seems plenty reasonable to me to be rooting for our numbers to go up and theirs to go down.

And since Era users can leave and join us any time they wish, I do think it's heartening to watch the trend of more people choosing a more open and sane forum like this as opposed to....well, you already described Era accurately enough.
What’s so interesting, if you think about it (and you touched on it) is that Era users can come to this board and express their views and political beliefs (as long as it’s done in a respectful way towards others) here with zero fear of being banned or moderated - of course, some of the folks here would probably call them out on some of their radical ideas, but that doesn’t mean discussion wouldn’t or couldn’t occur.

Contrast that with how ResetEra would probably ban a lot of Neogaf’s base for just expressing an opinion contrary to their radical leftist/totalitarian ideologies and be banned instantly. So they’ve eliminated the possibility of discussion; whether good or bad on any idea that doesn’t agree with theirs.

If you’ve got half a brain cell, it’s pretty easy to see where the future and the balance is.

eNT1TY

Well deserved growth thanks in no small part to all of you veteran posters with your wild musings and/or insightful banter that eased the transition of old time lurkers (or new ones) like myself into registered members; needless to say staff/administration/moderation for running such a tigh and clean operation.

gow3isben

Awesome. Love to see it. And proof in how great this place is that one post by spyshagg would have got him banned in shitera within a heartbeat but here he is free to dissent as long as he follows general forum rules.

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised that she\her didn't banned them on the spot without even a reply...
It's worth noting that both of those comments come from one of their racist shitstain moderators who just told someone to stop being such a snowflake after they rightfully called out someone for starting a topic called 'Can I Say it? Screw White People" after his (supposedly) wife lost out on a teaching job to a less experienced white person. They doesn't good at thinking.

Madflavor

As satisfying as it is to see Gaf's power level grow, has there been any discussions on the mod/admin side of things, to avoid repeating the same mistakes from the past? As the population on Gaf grows, and as more and more people who have been banned from Era return, there has been growing concern that history is doomed to repeat itself here.

Memeing on "REEE" aside, there is behavior from both mods and members of ResetEra that shock me. It is a cesspool of bad people and the mentally disturbed.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
As satisfying as it is to see Gaf's power level grow, has there been any discussions on the mod/admin side of things, to avoid repeating the same mistakes from the past? As the population on Gaf grows, and as more and more people who have been banned from Era return, there has been growing concern that history is doomed to repeat itself here.

Absolutely, yeah. I discussed a few pages back in the thread:

Moderation is staying the way it is. There's a circle of accountability now with the transparent ban page and ability to discuss mod actions openly in the designated areas. I can also be contacted directly and I act as an advocate for users when I see anything that appears to be unfair or shady (which is a rarity these days). I also have much better logging tools now on Xenforo to keep tabs on things day to day. If abuse of power started creeping up again it'd be spotted immediately from multiple directions. Our current group of mods are great, level-headed people who want positive outcomes for the community. We don't have any ideologues, activists, or egomaniacs on the team.

Hudo

Memeing on "REEE" aside, there is behavior from both mods and members of ResetEra that shock me. It is a cesspool of bad people and the mentally disturbed.
yeah. ERA is like 4chan/pol/ without any of the funny shitposting.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's nuts how easily you can be labeled shit like that huh? It's pretty insulting

I got banned for hoping that women and trans women could work out their conflict with one another, and get on better in the future.

I’m not underplaying it. That’s literally what I said. Hoping for a resolution to a complex problem that would benefit both parties was a bannable offence, because I didn’t automatically side against women.

Misogynistic hate... and I would rather put up with a million hardcore Trump fans here than go anywhere near those utter cunts ever again.

Last edited:
I got banned for hoping that women and trans women could work out their conflict with one another, and get on better in the future.

I’m not underplaying it. That’s literally what I said. Hoping for a resolution to a complex problem that would benefit both parties was a bannable offence, because I didn’t automatically side against women.

Misogynistic hate... and I would rather put up with a million hardcore Trump fans than go anywhere near those utter cunts ever again.
You monster!

Soodanim

Gold Member
I remember when Era started I wondered what I should do when Era people were hunting down people that chose to stay here (that’s your first clue).

Looking back, it was like popping a spot/zit to get the build up of unwanted gunk out. It’s a bit of a mess at the time, but it heals up just fine before long and looks better than it did.

I'd like to add what I consider a pretty clear delineation in your forum approach these days - politics has it's own sub-forum. Politicising everything is a major issue on ERA and generally an American trait (from someone who was educated on and lived on east and west coast as well as other countries). Current GAF has this separated and enforced "just enough" to keep things about gaming or OT with specificity.

Dark Rider

Being on the right track updates are always welcome. I think we will crack 10000 by the end of the month if we didn't already.

EviLore EviLore When we get back to the activity/traffic numbers we had before the migration (and we will for sure) I think there should be a party here on GAF.

NinjaBoiX

Misogynistic hate... and I would rather put up with a million hardcore Trump fans here than go anywhere near those utter cunts ever again.
I’ve got a genuine dislike for the moderation community there, they need to get the fuck over themselves and stop interjecting at every possible opportunity. I got perma’d for likening their moderation to cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer. And quite honestly, no fucks were given, I was done trying to “behave” by that point.

You know that dorky kid at school that constantly spoilt your fun by reminding you of the rules...
No chance of that with our daily reminders from beyond the pale.
I mean what the fuck is this? Seriously, who do they think they are?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Can we fix the image access on mobile? I like tapping and holding to copy images and share them.

My GAF account is older than many Era posters.

Last edited:

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Is there something going on at Era that I'm not aware of? I haven't been over there since they banned me for believing in critical thinking.
Still the same old shit over there. Race Summits, dumb ban messages, woke users fighting to the death with other woke users, MEGA virtue signaling, Mod mental health vacations, ect...

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
One of my first interactions with the mods here was me throwing a post of hypocritical behavior from the mods; it was something benign like a hot take on something and you guys banned the dude for the same take, but you fuckin' unbanned the dude on the spot lol

I'm too lazy to dig out the post though; was in the ban thread

Keep shitting on shitters

Last edited:
Top Bottom