• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Ally1987

2012-07-27134407.jpg

barrin87

You've had $600+ glasses? Geez.

I guess if I ever want my oakley sunglasses in a prescription, they'd probably approach that, but that number seems huge for a regular pair of glasses.

Yeah, and that was just the price at a regular eye place. My frames on my old pair were Polo Ralph Lauren which was around $150-$200 and the eye exam was included in that which was $60 but the rest was just the lenses. It's ridiculous the prices places try to charge for glasses. At the time I didn't care because I didn't pay for them but now that it would be completely out of pocket I am not willing to waste that much.

My new pair of glasses don't even look that much different than my last pair.

zmet

Macross: Do You Remember Love ? Hybrid Pack 30th Anniversary Box
jp19a.jpg

Inside
jp19b.jpg

Also included is a PSN download code for the Playstation version of Macross: DYRL game (playable on the PS3/PSP) and film strip.

BOTEC

I got this today. I found it mentioned on a Japanese game blog and really wanted to get a copy since I've become very interested in Japanese game centers. It's not available online, but I emailed the photographer, and he was totally cool with sending me a copy. He wanted a postal money order, so it took a few weeks, but it totally worked.

y28Y0.jpg

It's very small, only 24 pages, similar to a comic book, but the paper is high quality and think and the pictures are all very clear and vibrant. There is very little text, it's just pictures of old school games and machines in dingy game centers. My favorite pic is of a staircase lined with posters for 19xx, Street Fighter, Ikaruga, and... Time Killers. Yeah.

milkham

Never seen an album come with something like this:
7658280196_fd37a58ecd_z.jpg
7658279474_b3d2056504_z.jpg

My friend picked me up this jelly bean android at I/O:
7658276332_5be2668593_z.jpg

This was pretty cheap so I grabbed it:
7658276790_a3c39ce330_z.jpg

Pictionary was cheap so grabbed it, psp case was 2 bucks so i grabbed it, Lolipop Chainsaw:
7658278332_c495fac52b_z.jpg

Season One is pretty bad but I gotta hope they keep restoring the rest of the show:
7658277348_c39f089855_z.jpg

Half off so I got it too!:
7658348380_c95e8dff6e_z.jpg

leaving out all my steam purchases :(

grumpy

AoE8P.jpg

Currently playing: Heroes of Ruin, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and now Kingdom Hearts 3D. All by Square-Anus. It's like PS1 all over again :p

Kmart is such a great place for gaming deals. At the one near my home, most of the price tags are terribly out of date, so I have to take them to the price checker. Which is a cool surprise, because the games in the bins are priced low to begin with, so it's cool that it gets discounted further.

Yes Boss!

Bought some Sega Vintage titles. Really liking the attention to detail on them, with great visual options, and being able to switch to different territories. Also cool, play these on a J-360 and they are automatically rebranded as Sega Ages and all the consoles on the menu change to their japanese counterparts.

Passed on the Golden Axe collection...never cared for those games. Hopefully Sega keeps the line alive and releases more!

1b0dbc6e.jpg

It was a pair by Polo Ralph Lauren that didn't look too different than my new pair. Frames were $150-$200 and the rest was the prices of lenses and eye appointment.

$400 for the lenses and appointment? I don't know how different things are in the US, but that seems pretty extortionate.

Darkener2

$400 for the lenses and appointment? I don't know how different things are in the US, but that seems pretty extortionate.

Yeah that seems odd... I think I paid around 550 myself glasses (Gucci) and lenses but that is with a 40% off discount. I wouldn't have gotten them without the discount since it is pretty easy to get sale prices on almost anything in eye-care stores.

barrin87

I would completely agree. I honestly don't see how glasses get up that high. I was reimbursed for when I bought that pair so I was alright with the price at the time but it's still an insane price. I loved the $50 price tag on my new pair.

milkham

Just started watching TNG, for the first time ever.

Curious about where you think it gets better.

It starts getting better once Riker's beard appears, gets even better once the uniforms change to two piece design rather than that jumpsuit. Apologies for the vagueness but it's hard to remember.

Top Bottom