• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

My two packages arrived yesterday I have been so busy at work this week it almost slipped my mind. I had to do Applecare so much first gen possibilites it makes sense in the long run.

I am finally going to retire my 2008 core 2 13" it has served me flawlessly since day 1 never a single issue. Apple knows how to build a good product.

idsiQBFWc0IRU.jpg

- Retina Macbook Pro 2.3 16gb 256gb model
- 2 TB USB 3.0 drive
- USB 3.0 hub
- Parallels 7 (Free)
- 6 ft HDMI cable
- 16 GB Usb 3.0 thumb drive

kikori

Neo Member
My recent acquisitions:

Two 24" Dell U2412M monitors to replace an old 2405FPW:
hg7Iw.jpg

I came to the realization that I really dislike the space that physical media takes up, so I packed my entire CD collection into this:
kIz6G.jpg

Latest Ghibli Blu-Ray imports:
FXZxa.jpg

New goodies from the Steam summer sale, plus a couple other recent purchases:
jG5W1.jpg

But the most important one:
IjrLY.jpg

Got married to the love of my life! Best pickup ever. :)

Eiolon

Bought my new gaming PC. Was on a Sager laptop for the last 3 years. Now I just need to get some actual games to play that take advantage of the hardware (been playing WoW since 2004).

build2012-1.jpg

build2012-4.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
New gaming PC for my living room, all ready for amazon dd sale tomorrow.

Intel Core i5-3550k
EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti 448 Cores FTW 1280 MB GDDR5
MSI Computer Corp. DDR3 1600 Intel LGA 1155 Motherboards (Z77A-G43)
Corsair 8 GB Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
Intel 330 Series Solid-State Drive 120 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch
Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Black Mid-Tower Case

QUYxN.jpg

6lIEm.jpg

Intel Core i5-3550k
Corsair 8 GB Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 Memory

That is a thing of beauty. In retrospect I should have bought a case like this for my build. I've got an old clunker of a case that forces me to remove the graphics card just to slide out one of the hard drive bays. My next build, should I be so lucky, will be immaculate and well thought out.

QUYxN.jpg

You should have the fan on the other side of your heatsink blowing through it and toward the rear exhaust fan. You don't want to be pulling air through the heatsink. Push is way better. Good job on the build though.

Warnen

That is a thing of beauty. In retrospect I should have bought a case like this for my build. I've got an old clunker of a case that forces me to remove the graphics card just to slide out one of the hard drive bays. My next build, should I be so lucky, will be immaculate and well thought out.

Last pc I made myself had to be over 10 years ago (when the processors looked like carts). Stuff got way easier since then, can't believe how little time it took to build it and get it running.

ezekial45

Banned

Intel Core i5-3550k

G]http://i.imgur.com/QUYxN.jpg[/IMG]
MG]http://i.imgur.com/6lIEm.jpg[/IMG]

May I ask how much all this cost? I'm planning on building a new comp in the coming months.

Warnen

You should have the fan on the other side of your heatsink blowing through it and toward the rear exhaust fan. You don't want to be pulling air through the heatsink. Push is way better. Good job on the build though.

Will do

May I ask how much all this cost? I'm planning on building a new comp in the coming months.

A bit over $1100 with a copy of windows 7

Yazuka

Now I hope I'm satisfied with this...
Its been almost 14years since I last played Ocarina of Time, so that's going to be a nice treat hopefully. =) (Yeah, haven't played it since it was new on the N64)

2012-07-28-3DSXLZeldaOOT3D.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Picked up my red 3DS XL and also got ToTA + Skylanders 3DS game together for 40€

20120728_114311scz9k.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
VyAme.jpg

been enjoying sotc so much (my first time playing)
I haven't touched ico or vanquished yet .

Super jealous of all the XL purchases in here. A question though: The XL charger some of you are buying, is it any different than a regular 3DS/DSi charger? Does it have a longer cord or something?

Recon

Banned
Super jealous of all the XL purchases in here. A question though: The XL charger some of you are buying, is it any different than a regular 3DS/DSi charger? Does it have a longer cord or something?

Arent they just buying it because the XL did not come with a charger?

Rich!

I bought some ingredients earlier and basically put it all together, not knowing what bizarre creation would be the result of my experiment. ended up with this:

iWVEOXDiVWPlV.JPG

I don't know what the fuck it is. All I know is I need to make five more of them for tomorrow (family thing going on, need lots of pizza)

not bad for a first attempt

NFreak

I finally scored at a garage sale. My friends and I have been going to garage sales every summer for the past couple years and this is probably the best thing I've gotten. If anyone else goes out to sales, don't be afraid to ASK about video games. That is how I got this lot and almost every person I asked today who had no video games out for sale went and found some although there wasn't much that I wanted. Got this whole lot for 20 bucks. I looked in the bag the dude brought out and saw Chrono Trigger and I bought it. Had no clue Mega Man X2 was in there let alone the other games. I already have a couple of the games and I'll get all my money back just by flipping Secret of Mana.

rpIY7.jpg

I finally scored at a garage sale. My friends and I have been going to garage sales every summer for the past couple years and this is probably the best thing I've gotten. If anyone else goes out to sales, don't be afraid to ASK about video games. That is how I got this lot and almost every person I asked today who had no video games out for sale went and found some although there wasn't much that I wanted. Got this whole lot for 20 bucks. I looked in the bag the dude brought out and saw Chrono Trigger and I bought it. Had no clue Mega Man X2 was in there let alone the other games. I already have a couple of the games and I'll get all my money back just by flipping Secret of Mana.

rpIY7.jpg

image.php

Did I do this right?

coughlanio

I spent so much god damn money this month

nE5zK.png

Picked up the XL this morning, and traded in my 3DS against the Vita. Didn't pick up any Vita games, but got a free code for Motorstorm RC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Only ever bought one issue of the magazine, 15 years ago... but it's probably my favorite issue of any gaming mag, ever. Uh... so yeah, I figured that since it's been a while, I might as well give them another shot:

g0nobdzj:tw1

plc268

yep, super jealous of all the 3ds xl pickups here too... only because I have to wait 3 more weeks.

At least I'll get a power adapter with mine. :D

mackattk

Only ever bought one issue of the magazine, 15 years ago... but it's probably my favorite issue of any gaming mag, ever. Uh... so yeah, I figured that since it's been a while, I might as well give them another shot:

I have a special fondness in 90's gaming magazines. I wish I kept some of them. I probably need to scour craigslist or something and try to find some. Kind of off topic, but does anybody know of a website online to view old magazines?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I have a special fondness in 90's gaming magazines. I wish I kept some of them. I probably need to scour craigslist or something and try to find some. Kind of off topic, but does anybody know of a website online to view old magazines?

Best source I've found over the years is Retromags, but they're not great. If their scans are actually online, it's rad, but they take 'em down way too often...

Kusano123

Neo Member
Weaboo stuff galore

Figures

MERMAID PRINCESS! and Figma Akemi Homura (School Uniform ver.)
7665133474_a8e1c35d54_z.jpg

Mini-Nendo Idolm@ster set 1
7665131592_8d3c7d8bf1_z.jpg

D-Arts Konohana Sakuya
7665129752_d2172b258f_z.jpg

Art Books

Fuji Shiki 2012(By one of my fav artists on pixiv)
7665127970_bea13598a7_z.jpg

UDON's Tony's Artworks
7665135498_98c2d553de_z.jpg

Top Bottom